SIDEBAR #12- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube;27Tj-Xo_eqI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Tj-Xo_eqI[/video]

I don't know why, but that reminded me of our bowling team (I know, I'm a nerd, we live in a small town, there's nothing else to do. Cut me some slack.) a few years ago. We had shirts made that said, "Our drinking team has a bowling problem."

:floorlaugh:

I love it :floorlaugh: And I can identify with living in a small town. We don't even have a bowling alley within 30 or 40 minutes. All there is to do around here is golf, which I don't do, or have patio parties which is little more than a bunch of people getting together listening to music, eating, and drinking, lol. Oh, I forgot we do have lakes, I don't ski anymore, but we can motor around the lake in our boats, and, ahemmm, drink.

Does anyone on here remember this
[video=youtube;19WwkwvqHiM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19WwkwvqHiM[/video]
Click if you do
OMG-This was the song in our day

I don't think Jodi realizes yet the gravity of what she's done. Even now her story is changing to suit the situation as she sees it. Trial, irrefutable confession,
hard core evidence of premeditation.

To Jodi, this was like opening a play out of town to rewrite and work the kinks out.

No Jodi, this was it. You're a psycho murderer.

Yep.

IMHO, she'd been getting away with metaphorical murder for years, by coquetting her way out of trouble. She fully expected to get away with real murder, and was stunned that she didn't. I agree with you that she doesn't yet realize this is "for real". She may recognize the seriousness of the situation, but she still thinks it will all just go away.

I like your out-of-town play analogy - she thinks she still has some innings left at bat. The only thing left to her is DP or Life, and then vague hopes of some an appeal. I doubt she understands how few appeals work.

Look at Debra Milke - she had far stronger appeals issues, and it took 23 years for her and it's no where near over yet.

My sister said the same sort of thing when she quit drugs and alcohol. "No way I am I giving up smoking too. That's just too much."

But she smokes a LOT, and has since she was a teenager, plus they're the big long ghetto cigarettes, and I worry about her getting lung cancer. :(

BBM What's a ghetto cig.??

I've been smoking for many, many years and I like it.
As for cancer: My mother, her sister, and my Grandmother all died of colon cancer- young- my mother was 65, her sister was 56, and my Grandmother was around 67. None of them smoked. I keep telling myself that I'm lucky to have lived this long already :floorlaugh:. (my father didn't smoke either- so no 2nd-hand smoke).

Not that I'm saying that people should not try to stop smoking if that's what they want. :twocents:

I don't think Jodi realizes yet the gravity of what she's done. Even now her story is changing to suit the situation as she sees it. Trial, irrefutable confession,

To Jodi, this was like opening a play out of town to rewrite and work the kinks out.

I think Arias is very well aware of what she has done and is delighted at the control she possesses. Not only over Travis' destiny but her ability to still control his family's life by refusing to tell them the real truth about what happened to their brother.

I still cannot believe that the foreman thought JA was normal before she met Travis. Deanna had a very long relationship with Travis and did not seem to turn crazy. JA and Travis only dated a few months and lived far apart. I think the foreman is just trying to justify his reason for not wanting the DP. To me the fact that JA was normal until she met Travis is total hogwash.

I just ate 15 oreos. I feel sick.

Kensie, I totally agree. I also thought it was just an excuse, but then I hear more and more that they actually believed "abuse>" Juror 6 said the 4 "strongly felt" that there was emotional and verbal abuse.

BBM Yes, Tart, she thinks she's Arthur Miller. She still thinks she is going to win somehow- narcistic, anyone. (but, who knows with jurors and how they think sometimes???).

Kensie, I totally agree. I also thought it was just an excuse, but then I hear more and more that they actually believed "abuse>" Juror 6 said the 4 "strongly felt" that there was emotional and verbal abuse.

I still think it's all so fishy that just before the deliberations, the defense manages to get one of two of their "star witnesses" out in the media testifying via interview set up by their boy Michael Kiefer, who tells a tale nearly identical to what we hear from the foreperson. In nearly identical wording. About Jodi's "trajectory" etc.

Kiefer the same guy who referred to Travis Alexander, to my face, as a "pig" who obviously believes the abuse story as well.

I think the next jury will get this part right.

I just heard this on my satellite radio...love this version:

[video=youtube;1Sqy1vLBhy8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Sqy1vLBhy8[/video]

Hi marlap :seeya:

Quit smoking? Never, for me. It's my only vice (I am a nun). I don't drink, take drugs, etc. My son says I have a "sorry life". I don't think so :floorlaugh: and that's what's important. I smoke about a 1/2 pack a day now, because of the $ (use to smoke 2 packs). I don't have too much stress anymore, so maybe that's why??

Nuns fascinate me. I think they are so mysterious! Hope you take that as a compliment, cause it is.

I'm sorry, it is never fun to have an unexpected repair! Hopefully it's just condensation on the AC pipes, if you have a high humidity day that can cause issues...but easy ones to fix! I hope you insurance company can help you determin if the home builder is or is somwhat responsible... alot of times if the builder is aware they can help or point you in the right direction (I work for a nice one). My house is as old a dirt, so any repair, unearths multitudes of issues from jerks that didn't do it right the first time. If you want to experience pure hatrid meet the previous homewoner...if I ever see him co-mingling with his old chums on my street I will certainly have a earful for him. :seeya:

That sounds so frustrating to have problems due to poorly done repairs.

They finally figured out is was two cracks in the AC line, and there was a lot of water. The ac guy fixed that. The water restoration perople have industrial fans blowing in the main hall and part of the living room. The insurance adjuster is coming today or tomorrow. The insurance lady at the main office said they'll cover everything save a 1,400 dollar deductible, as long as it isn't a maintenance issue, so that's not too bad.

It's not good, but I can afford it.

I'm not so freaked out anymore...just had to adjust.

Thanks for listening y'all...carry on!

OMG-Here we go people

[video=youtube;Tj96QFzOL5Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj96QFzOL5Y[/video]

So my doctor put me on a new medication last Friday and my vision started going blurry on and off. Then last night my hearing got really muffled and I woke up this morning with ringing in my ears. Obviously I didn't take it this morning.

I call my doctor and leave a message at 8:00 this morning and he STILL hasn't called me back. It's almost 2:00!! Yeah, thanks, I might be having a stroke, or an aneurysm or my head might explode, don't mind me. Thanks, you're great! Love you!

Fellow "Drug of the Month Club" client, I presume?
This is coming from a person who gets the side effects only 5% of the "test subjects" experienced during drug trials.
I experienced Tinnitus with quite a few meds and the blurred vision. It sucked. Wellbutrin was the biggest culprit and it also made me feel like a wide awake drunk. Was on that stupid stuff for 3 years. It kept me ALIVE, but that was about it.
Look up your medication on Wikipedia and read ALL the side effects. Check the standard dosing and what the "on label" use is for. Many docs give you meds that are "off label", which means they were specifically produced for one medical issue, but they found it also "helped" with another. Cymbalta is classic for that. It was developed for arthritis, but they noticed that many of the test subjects were seeing an improvement in their depression. On label is for Arthritis, off label WAS for depression, I don't know if they're still using it for depression. It was rat poison to me. Seriously, a person in chronic pain IS depressed, when the pain is managed or subsides, of course they're not going to be depressed, duh, but that doesn't MEAN it will work for depression.
Be pro-active.
Make sure you EAT!
Make yourself go outside, even if you just sit and do nothing.
Sometimes making a SMALL list of things you should do around the house will help.
If you have side effects within the first week, CALL your doc. You know your body and it's telling you that particular med isn't right.
There is something out there, by itself, or in combination with other meds, that will work. Sometimes it just takes longer for some of us to find it.
Don't give up.:twocents:
Personally, when Arizona allows the use of THC for Chronic Depression, I'm going to be on it. I am sooooo tired of chemicals.

Hi marlap :seeya:

Quit smoking? Never, for me. It's my only vice (I am a nun). I don't drink, take drugs, etc. My son says I have a "sorry life". I don't think so :floorlaugh: and that's what's important. I smoke about a 1/2 pack a day now, because of the $ (use to smoke 2 packs). I don't have too much stress anymore, so maybe that's why??

I don't blame you...I loved smoking. Unfortunately, adult onset asthma really helped with my resolve. My Dr. Said adult onset asthma isn't very common.

I just saw the best documentary about nuns! Delores Hart....God Is the Bigger Elvis....

How wonderful to live a live of pure service and reflection!

ETA. Jeremy Irons and Fran Lebowitz say the same thing you do...they love to smoke and don't want to quit

Do you ever make yourself laugh, and then you can't stop and you're crying, and people are walking by just staring at you like maybe you're having a seizure but they're afraid to ask, but really you're just laughing at how funny you are, even though no one else would think it was funny at all but you do, so it is.

That just happened to me.

I may be going insane.

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who does that... :long sigh of relief:... I'll think about something that happened, or something I heard or read or whatever, and will just crack up and burst out laughing and giggling. It is unfortunate that, for me, this phenomenon may go on for several minutes. It's also unfortunate when it occurs in public, as you say, I'm sure it raises questions in the mind of the observer that doesn't have an inside connection. So if you're insane, take comfort that you're not alone.:giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024