SIDEBAR #12- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what baklava is. Note, I'm from "Nerd Town Central" so we don't get around much. ;)

Hey, the only reason I know what it is is because they have it, or used to, at Jason's Deli. :floorlaugh:

051092064-01-apricot-baklava-recipe.jpg

I have no idea what baklava is. Note, I'm from "Nerd Town Central" so we don't get around much. ;)

It's a middle eastern dessert with these layers and layers of this flaky pastry called "Phyllo" and it has different nuts and tons of honey...super chewy. It's super popular in that kind of cuisine.

I'm going to bed with the Golden Girls.

(sorry I caused such "controversy" tonight. I did say "I'm a nun" in one post, but only meant it as a joke then. And then I decided to talk about my quest. Mistake, I guess. Didn't mean to bring anything contoversal up, tho'. Gotta learn from my mistakes.
Thanks to all for trying to straighten the poster on what I was saying. Anyhow.)

Goodnight and have fun.

May the Force be with you!

Love your posts! :rockon:

It's a Greek pastry. Nothing to do with ice cream unless you set a scoop down on it like some people do with pie. I'm not an "a la mode" girl. So I'll take my baklava straight up lol

It's a Greek pastry. Nothing to do with ice cream unless you set a scoop down on it like some people do with pie. I'm not an "a la mode" girl. So I'll take my baklava straight up lol

Ditto! You can make mine a double;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, :eek:fftobed: fur realz. My husband is starting to have his 'sleep paralysis' dreams where he feels trapped in his body and screams out my name. He only comes out of it when I tell him it's okay.

It's not funny but it is.

So I shall be on sleep paralysis duty.

Night, freaks!

I never eat ice cream. Never. Well...that is until someone posted about Blue Belle Italian Creme Cake ice cream. I was in New Orleans this weekend and went on a mad search for it - at midnight in my pajamas in the French Quarter!!!! I didn't find it, but I did find Praline Pecan flavor and proceeded to eat the whole pint in one sitting!!!!! :blushing:

You went out searching for ice cream in your pajamas at midnight?

Will you be my best friend? :please: lol that's awesome!

Okay, :eek:fftobed: fur realz. My husband is starting to have his 'sleep paralysis' dreams where he feels trapped in his body and screams out my name. He only comes out of it when I tell him it's okay.

It's not funny but it is.

So I shall be on sleep paralysis duty.

Night, freaks!

Do you ever dress up as an alien and stand over him holding a curling iron and tell him.... It's probe time?

Me too. I've never put anyone on my ignore list. Although there are some I should have.

I wonder if I'm on someone's list?? Problay! :scared:

Me either -not even during the Casey Anthony trial and there were a few I almost put on ignore, but I couldn't bring myself to do it! I really, really, really try to find something to like in everyone here. It's funny because someone who rubbed me the wrong way really bad turned out to be pretty cool after the trial was over and I like reading her posts now.

I never eat ice cream. Never. Well...that is until someone posted about Blue Belle Italian Creme Cake ice cream. I was in New Orleans this weekend and went on a mad search for it - at midnight in my pajamas in the French Quarter!!!! I didn't find it, but I did find Praline Pecan flavor and proceeded to eat the whole pint in one sitting!!!!! :blushing:

I try to stick with frozen yogurt, it's easier on my digestion. Unless it's Haagen Dazs Rum Raisin ice cream, that's really hard for me to resist. I actually probably could eat a whole pint in one sitting, but would end up being sick as a dog if I did.

P.S. Where did that saying "sick as a dog" even come from? :waitasec:

Oh good gravy No!

Flan is vile

I love flan...but am *whatever* on baklava. Put you and me together and I might just cure my sweet tooth! Did that make sense? lol

051092064-01-apricot-baklava-recipe.jpg

It's a middle eastern dessert with these layers and layers of this flaky pastry called "Phyllo" and it has different nuts and tons of honey...super chewy. It's super popular in that kind of cuisine.

Ewwww! Gross!

I apologize in advancement to all baklava lovers. ;)

I try to stick with frozen yogurt, it's easier on my digestion. Unless it's Haagen Dazs Rum Raisin ice cream, that's really hard for me to resist. I actually probably could eat a whole pint in one sitting, but would end up being sick as a dog if I did.

P.S. Where did that saying "sick as a dog" even come from:waitasec:?

That really made me :lol:

I love flan...but am *whatever* on baklava. Put you and me together and I might just cure my sweet tooth! Did that make sense? lol

Yes, it makes sense. To me, flan tastes like wet pudding.

Sick.

Gimme some chips and salsa.

I'd go with you on a desert crawl any day!

Have you ever done that? My best friend and I do... Just hit different restaurants for desert ... Hit two or three and have the nerve to call it "dinner" lol

I also have an aversion to Krispy Kreme Donuts that I inflicted on my own self in one day. One of the things I'm most proud of in life. :D I also self inflicted an aversion to Jack Daniels, something I am NOT proud of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB