SIDEBAR #12- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister said the same sort of thing when she quit drugs and alcohol. "No way I am I giving up smoking too. That's just too much."

But she smokes a LOT, and has since she was a teenager, plus they're the big long ghetto cigarettes, and I worry about her getting lung cancer. :(

That's exactly where I was at when I quit drugs/alcohol. I convinced myself I had to have a vice or I just wasn't going to be cool :facepalm:

Call me stuck on stupid, but Mortality called, left a message telling me it was time to stop, no if's, and's, or but's. So I got up one day and said I'm done. Besides, with my nose ring and tattoos, I dare someone to say I'm not cool!!!:floorlaugh:

It is so mind boggling to me that anyone could even say there was abuse based on a few texts. I just don't get it. I wonder why the question wasn't asked what made Travis so mad on 5/26. Maybe it was asked and I don't remember. I just don't get it. She went to him - he did not go to her.
Anyway, I guess I will never understand the 4 jurors that thought there was abuse.
Can't people say stuff when they are really upset about something. I just don't get it.

BBM I would just love to know what it was that precipated that text. :banghead: I think it would've solved most of the jurors problems with "abuse".

Hi marlap :seeya:

Quit smoking? Never, for me. It's my only vice (I am a nun). I don't drink, take drugs, etc. My son says I have a "sorry life". I don't think so :floorlaugh: and that's what's important. I smoke about a 1/2 pack a day now, because of the $ (use to smoke 2 packs). I don't have too much stress anymore, so maybe that's why??

You're more than welcome to join our hermitage. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
There's my mom who is 92, my sister who is 64 and me who is 58. We don't drink, don't do drugs. Smoking and food are my two only vices. Other than that, I'm boring as hell. I like my "sorry life" as your son calls it. :floorlaugh: I have far less stress, and my toilet seat is always down unless someone has just cleaned it, which is impossible because that seems to be my job. Yup, boring and sane! Can't beat it. :seeya:

Do you ever make yourself laugh, and then you can't stop and you're crying, and people are walking by just staring at you like maybe you're having a seizure but they're afraid to ask, but really you're just laughing at how funny you are, even though no one else would think it was funny at all but you do, so it is.

That just happened to me.

I may be going insane.

I try to do that only in the company of critters, when my stomach muscles start cramping from insanely laughing, well, "Poise" pads come to mind :floorlaugh:

You're more than welcome to join our hermitage. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
There's my mom who is 92, my sister who is 64 and me who is 58. We don't drink, don't do drugs. Smoking and food are my two only vices. Other than that, I'm boring as hell. I like my "sorry life" as your son calls it. :floorlaugh: I have far less stress, and my toilet seat is always down unless someone has just cleaned it, which is impossible because that seems to be my job. Yup, boring and sane! Can't beat it. :seeya:

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Anyone gonna watch NG's jail program tonight @ 8:00 on HLN. I'm really interested in how JA is going to live the rest of her life.

It is so WRONG for the DT to go to the Arizona Republic, the largest circulation of newspapers in the entire state. They are attempting to INFLUENCE the new jury pool! They are SLEEZE!!! :furious:

Yep, just what I was thinking earlier. They will stoop to anything, as they have throughout this trial.

It is so mind boggling to me that anyone could even say there was abuse based on a few texts. I just don't get it. I wonder why the question wasn't asked what made Travis so mad on 5/26. Maybe it was asked and I don't remember. I just don't get it. She went to him - he did not go to her.
Anyway, I guess I will never understand the 4 jurors that thought there was abuse.
Can't people say stuff when they are really upset about something. I just don't get it.

BBM

I think that probably it wasn't only b/c of the text, but the text in combination of everything else they heard and apparently believed. For example: defense claim Travis was stringing CMJA along and leading her on, while talking with other girls on the side. Defense claim Travis having anal sex and doing all that stuff with CMJA. Juror 6 said some (of the 4) believed Travis was forcing her to have sex with him even though she didn't like it....still can't get over that one. It seems like they have a very controlling and aggressive Travis in their minds. One who supposedly made her have sex with him whenever he wanted. Basically using her as a sex toy and *advertiser censored* and nothing else. (Insert - Juan needs to show how kind Travis was to CMJA and helping her out with all kinds of things even though he had no obligation to do it, basically being her only means of support while she was in Mesa, totally out of her own choice by the way. She expected so much of him - financial, emotional, mental support, everything. This was her own choice as SHE was the one who decided to basically cut her family and other friends (ex-boyfriends) off.)

I feel like they view Travis as something he totally wasn't.

Anyone gonna watch NG's jail program tonight @ 8:00 on HLN. I'm really interested in how JA is going to live the rest of her life.

pretty sure its Estrella jail...where she lives now. she'll end up in Perryville.

[/B]
Jeez, you've had a hard life :hug:

My younger son has ADD (not as bad as all the problems you mentioned, tho'). When he was in the 4th grade, his teachers said that he was falling behind in class because of his attention- or non- attention. My husband would not consider that HIS son had a problem, but I always knew something was "wrong" with younger son. I cried all the time and felt so helpless. What made my husband change his mind was the testing the school did. They gave him an IQ test and he tested as developmentally disabled- which wasn't correct (he just couldn't concentrate). He is very intelligent and was retested after he saw a neurologist and received meds- he has an IQ of 132. His attention was the problem and my husband finally agreed. What got me was that my MIL also knew "something was wrong" with younger son and told me that my husband also had "something wrong with him when he was young- ADD, but they didn't have a name for it then. I'm glad I fought so hard with my husband to get my son the help he needed. There's nothing wrong with being "different" and I think of it like having diabetes which needs meds, too. We also had my son see a child psychologist to help him with having ADD (which he hates having, but I think he has come to terms with). He's such a good person and has done so much with his education- what comes relatively easy to some students, my son has struggled with, but he's going to get his masters. :blushing:
I really believe in getting help for your children, no matter what kind of help it is. It's being a good parent.

My brother's son had (has) some kind of problem, still not sure what it is. Maybe autistic, but on the lower spectrum. We began to notice it when he was around 3 years old. He didn't begin talking to where you could undertsand anything he said until 4 years old. He was also very out-of-touch socially and didn't know how to play normally with kids. He would suddenly get angry and start hitting the kid. I literally had to watch my kid every second when with him because at that time he didn't seem to know right from wrong. Part of it was also the parents, who didn't discipline him enough b/c I think deep down they knew it was the result of a problem with their son. So they kind of let it go and didn't discipline properly.

I think when he was around 3 1/2 years, we sat the parents down (my brother and sister-in-law) and told them that we thought their son has a problem and explained some reasons we thought this. We did it in a very nice and sensitive way. They lived in another state and were here on vacation. When they left, they didn't act normally with us for about a year. We knew it was because of what we had said. They didn't want to face the reality. They took him to a couple of doctors who, for one reason or another , told them there was no problem.

Around 4 years old he started speaking, and that helped a lot. I think part of the problem was that he coudn't speak and convey his emotions or needs. School also helped a lot. He started pre-school at 4. Now he is A LOT better, I think he still has some autism but it's on the very low end. And he's very intelligent, which I have heard from many parents of autistic children.

But I wonder if his parents had gotten him help earlier, what difference it could have made? And it certainly would have been a lot easier for the parents, who basically had to do everything themselves and "deal" with him before he got better.

Two days before the savage murder of TA:
6/2/08 ... Hollister CA ... JA visited with her older ?half? sister.

Has JA's older ?half? sister publicly said anything about anything
related to this case or JA in the five years since TA's murder? TIA

Paris Jackson suicide attempt..I feel horrible for that.poor kid.

JVM giving her "parenting advice" On The topic. eyeroll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evening, Kathy :seeya:

How's the house coming and how's life without the trial?

Hiya Yes or No! :seeya:

My bro and I worked like mad on the house all weekend and took 10 bags of things to Goodwill, unpacked, set up the kitchen, met with a blinds guy (living in a fishbowl is interesting). We had a great time, we will really enjoy that house very soon..thanks for asking! :)

I feel like I'm still decompressing from the trial..getting together this Friday nite with Katie Wick and another gal we met there so that will be a nice little reunion.

How are you feeling during this long break? I just learned you're a nun..hope I've never dropped any F bombs or anything around you. :lol:

BBM What's a ghetto cig.??

I've been smoking for many, many years and I like it.
As for cancer: My mother, her sister, and my Grandmother all died of colon cancer- young- my mother was 65, her sister was 56, and my Grandmother was around 67. None of them smoked. I keep telling myself that I'm lucky to have lived this long already :floorlaugh:. (my father didn't smoke either- so no 2nd-hand smoke).

Not that I'm saying that people should not try to stop smoking if that's what they want. :twocents:

With my luck, I would have ended up in an iron lung, longevity runs on both sides of my family, late 90's, early 100's, all non-smoker/drinkers, so I'm just past the halfway point. I can just see myself getting hit by a cattle truck at my 1 year smoke free anniversary :floorlaugh: Probably the first thing I'd do in the after life would be bum a smoke, get a light from ol' St. Pete and have him explain "irony" for me.:facepalm:

gcharlie has read the Arias entries in her diary for those critical days at the end of May and the first days of June. When will those be released to the interested public!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louiwebb