SIDEBAR #12- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the Sidebar won't close until the conclusion of the JA trial. It's not over 'til it's over.
There was, originally, only the "regular" posters on this thread when the trial thread was still open. We had a lot of fun and we still do. I'm sure when the trial starts up the Mods will reopen a thread specifically for the trial and the sidebar will only have the diehards left here.
They'll be other Sidebars where we can chill out, I hope.

I agree, YesorNo. As long as there is interest in this trial and the outcome, and whatever may be pending, there is no reason to believe there won't always be a thread, Sidebar, whatever. Considering the interest in this case and how it has progressed, I can see no reason for there not to be interest in it for a long time to come. IMO, it will be ongoing, but, hey, what do I know? :giggle: Great to have you here, btw.... :wave:

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...as-defense-reaches-to-court-of-public-opinion

This has an excerpt from the June 4 CMJA defense ploy...so sad they chose that day...I have to say that I think doing it that day was strictly CMJA's idea. We know she's always trying to get back at the family. I don't think even JW and Nurmi would go that low if they weren't forced to.

I have to say that I love most of the reader comments on that article! The Arizona taxpayers, at least in those comments, don't seem to mind paying for the re-trial at all!

And a lot of the comments noted that JW and Nurmi are the ones who DRAGGED THE TRIAL OUT for months and months. They didn't seem to be caring too much about the "cost to the taxpayer" THEN!! Oh, how convenient!! Nooooo.....then it was all about "fairness" to the defendant. They would have said cost shoudn't matter when we're talking about the State trying to take someone's life. Yet NOW they say cost should matter?? Even if she was before the judge for a traffic ticket, the defense would be shouting "fairness, fairness!"

And since when does the general public get to decide, on a whim, how the law is carried out? The law states that if theire's a mistrial in the penalty phase, the State is allowed to re-try it with a new jury. That is what the law allows for, it's in the books, and why should the public all of a sudden get a say in it? The public gets to have a say in the proper form, which is as a juror member going through the proper judicial process, or in the process of making a law. So, for example, if a jury finds someone not guilty, can the "general public" all of a sudden create a protest and just throw the person in jail anyway? Then what's the point of HAVING THE LAW IN THE FIRST PLACE??

WTF? They have no prob with millions of taxpayer money being spent to defend the killer but suddenly want to "save" the taxpayers the expense of the defense pursuing the death penalty. :floorlaugh: Wow, desperate much??

I'm in a world of "chit" you may call it. Ignored dentists warnings about my gums all these years. I want to educate you that might think it is OK to only go to the dentist when a tooth hurts. I went to the dentist yesterday and he told me I have to go to a "Peridontist" to find out if the bones in my gums are capable of restoration. My mother has always had peridontal disease, but I also haven't been getting dental care that I should have and NOW I may have to decide between having teeth or not. Just want WS friends to know...

I'm glad your mom is "normal" lol....my 95 year old aunt had a seizure a few months ago and did the same thing at the hospital...she is a feisty one!

My mom's grandmother lived to be 94...so hopefully I'll have my mom another 20 years or so...

It was a huge adjustment for me seven or so years ago when she moved into this house with me when I first bought it. I had lived by myself, with a husband, etc. I'm all she has and I felt the weight of that and it was depressing at first.

But now I'm happy, I know I did the right thing and she spoils me, which is sweet.

plus, I predict as baby boomers get older, more and more seniors will be living with their adult children.

There are so many other cultures where that is the norm

So now I think of myself as being at the beginning of a whole new way Americans are beginning to live.

I know I've posted this before, but it's still probably my favorite:

[video=youtube;jsezr0qiFIc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsezr0qiFIc&list=PL9F983C8300ECD726[/video]

I'm in a world of "chit" you may call it. Ignored dentists warnings about my gums all these years. I want to educate you that might think it is OK to only go to the dentist when a tooth hurts. I went to the dentist yesterday and he told me I have to go to a "Peridontist" to find out if the bones in my gums are capable of restoration. My mother has always had peridontal disease, but I also haven't been getting dental care that I should have and NOW I may have to decide between having teeth or not. Just want WS friends to know...

I hope they can turn it around! I had the beginnings of that too and now I go four times a year and as I sit at my desk when nobody's around I massage my gums with dental picks, and my gums have gotten better. So there's hope

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I just spent the last 30 minutes reading the juror questions. Wow, a lot of good ones. This is my favorite question and my favorite juror, whoever it is!

You say Travis gives no indication of being stalked, displays no fearful behavior and continues his contact with Jodi of his own accord. How do you reconcile Jodi's claim of D.V. if she continues her contact with Travis of her own accord? Where was her fearful behavior?

Yesss...that was my favorite question too! I still don't see why that would have been allowed by JSS not to be asked...so not fair! (I'm assuming defense didn't want it).

It would have linked Travis' behavior and reaction to his abuser/stalker to what ALV was saying about victim/abusers...which is that many victims keep seeing and contacting the abuser b/c they don't know how or are afraid for some reason or another of getting out.

I think this was a vital piece for Juan, showing or at least trying to explain why Travis would continue to see and talk to CMJA, even have sex with her. I'm still perplexed as to why Juan didn't try to expand on that point, he should have taken a hint from this juror question! I have to admit that I was worried that some jurors would think that if she was doing these things to him, why did he keep engaging with her? And it seems this was a problem for some jurors in the mitigation phase. Rather than seeing CMJA as the abuser, they saw her as a victim of abuse!! I think part of the reason is that they couldn't believe CMJA would have done all that stuff to Travis (stalking behavior), and Travis still have sex with her and talk to her. They didn't really believe he was scared of her. But if Juan had sort of taken what ALV said and twisted it the other way - to where they could see that Travis COULD have been worried, even scared, but not known what to do or couldn't get out even though he wanted to b/c she was the abuser and had power over hiim - I think it would have been beneficial.

picture.php

How's this?? I feel like such a dum-dum.
Any Ytubes for dummies??

What a beautiful BABY !!! We lost our little Schnauzer at 14 but the little General did rule the house! Schnauzers Rule !!! :rockon:

Yesss...that was my favorite question too! I still don't see why that would have been allowed by JSS not to be asked...so not fair! (I'm assuming defense didn't want it).

It would have linked Travis' behavior and reaction to his abuser/stalker to what ALV was saying about victim/abusers...which is that many victims keep seeing and contacting the abuser b/c they don't know how or are afraid for some reason or another of getting out.

I think this was a vital piece for Juan, showing or at least trying to explain why Travis would continue to see and talk to CMJA, even have sex with her. I'm still perplexed as to why Juan didn't try to expand on that point, he should have taken a hint from this juror question! I have to admit that I was worried that some jurors would think that if she was doing these things to him, why did he keep engaging with her? And it seems this was a problem for some jurors in the mitigation phase. Rather than seeing CMJA as the abuser, they saw her as a victim of abuse!! I think part of the reason is that they couldn't believe CMJA would have done all that stuff to Travis (stalking behavior), and Travis still have sex with her and talk to her. They didn't really believe he was scared of her. But if Juan had sort of taken what ALV said and twisted it the other way - to where they could see that Travis COULD have been worried, even scared, but not known what to do or couldn't get out even though he wanted to b/c she was the abuser and had power over hiim - I think it would have been beneficial.

Y'all know we now have a special thread for this...

Quoting my own post to update...they are going to give her the MRI in the morning and they are going to put her under, otherwise she wouldn't have done it. As long as she lets them!

She's seems perfectly normal, chatty, her usual self. So I'm not worried.

I'm home from the hospital and the house is so eerie...but Mimi (see avatar) is all sniggled in.

An MRI of the brain is tough. They put your head in a cage and there is NO escaping having your entire head in it. Unless, they have the brand spanking new one, but it doesn't give the same results.

Glad they are knocking her out...so to speak. :facepalm: Mimi is so darn cute!! Adorable.

Oh, Auburn, I'm sorry. My husband's gums would actually bleed every night a little while he was sleeping (gross!), finally I got him to tell the dentist...they did a deep, deep cleaning (have to pay extra), then told him floss every night (of course), and rinse with mouthwash 2x a day. I think they gave him a special medicated mouthwash for the first 6 months. It really did wonders, b/c his gums are okay now, and no more bleeding! He still flosses every night and does mouthwash.

I've posted this before but my daughter married a Drew Peterson 1 1/2 years ago. Lots of reassurance to loved ones that it was not THAT Drew Peterson :)

Oh dear...poor guy one of many ripple effect bystanders of these sociopath killers. :stormingmad:

An MRI of the brain is tough. They put your head in a cage and there is NO escaping having your entire head in it. Unless, they have the brand spanking new one, but it doesn't give the same results.

Glad they are knocking her out...so to speak. :facepalm: Mimi is so darn cute!! Adorable.

Thank you! She knows it too...

I had an MRI once but it didn't bother me. But woe betide anyone who makes me get on a scary carnival ride.

I went on one with my husband when we first started dating because I didn't want him to think I was a wimp.

Well, I started crying and cried the whole ride. I was sure I'd never hear from him again, but I guess he liked me enough by then....

3.88 million (2011)Maricopa County, Population (per google)

Take it to a buck a piece. I'll glady donate a buck.

My mom's grandmother lived to be 94...so hopefully I'll have my mom another 20 years or so...

It was a huge adjustment for me seven or so years ago when she moved into this house with me when I first bought it. I had lived by myself, with a husband, etc. I'm all she has and I felt the weight of that and it was depressing at first.

But now I'm happy, I know I did the right thing and she spoils me, which is sweet.

plus, I predict as baby boomers get older, more and more seniors will be living with their adult children.

There are so many other cultures where that is the norm

So now I think of myself as being at the beginning of a whole new way Americans are beginning to live.

I never had grandparents. They were gone by the time I was born.

Oh auburn, I'm with ya!! But, I am an avid tooth brusher, cleaner, flosser, dentist and hygienist every six month going to, love the scaling treatment, (sick, I know) and I just had an abscess and found out I need surgery on three gum sections with Bone grafting.

So......the moral of the story, according to my perio, is menopause sucks!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merythe