SIDEBAR #15- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No you didn't upset me, if you put a post up about her I missed it, I just saw this video and that's what bothered me, what Dave says in it. Don't you think that the producers on HLN would have found one friend willing to speak about Jodi eventually, sure Patti is the one that agreed, but it would have been someone and whoever that was would have copped all the hatred that she is now. Sadly that's just how it is. I don't even believe she has a criminal history, or is a 'junkie' there is no proof of any of that. And remember it was the DT that said she wouldn't testify because of fear, Patti never spoke in court why she didn't testify, maybe she felt bad for the Alexanders, maybe she couldn't speak for a killer. I also don't have an issue with her speaking up about online bullying on HLN, someone had to say it. What Dave says in this clip just shows how one little lie on Twitter about someone can spread so far it becomes the gospel truth with everyone willing to repeat it. I think it's very sad.

ITA, and I went back and fixed my post to you. I should have said it better. :blushing: It was just coincidence that I mentioned her in my post right before yours. :seeya:

I noticed Arias wasn't wearing her school-marm glasses today.

Guess she gave up on that look.

No you didn't upset me, if you put a post up about her I missed it, I just saw this video and that's what bothered me, what Dave says in it. Don't you think that the producers on HLN would have found one friend willing to speak about Jodi eventually, sure Patti is the one that agreed, but it would have been someone and whoever that was would have copped all the hatred that she is now. Sadly that's just how it is. I don't even believe she has a criminal history, or is a 'junkie' there is no proof of any of that. And remember it was the DT that said she wouldn't testify because of fear, Patti never spoke at all about it. I also don't have an issue with her speaking up about online bullying on HLN, someone had to say it. What Dave says in this clip just shows how one little lie on Twitter about someone can spread so far it becomes the gospel truth with everyone willing to repeat it. I think it's very sad.

I've read and heard some things over the course of these 6 months that literally had my jaw on the floor.

People are SO overheated with emotion that they literally can't check themselves. I've heard people say that the jury foreman is just as bad as Jodi and that he's a pervert who likes little girls. I've read comments from people wishing harm and death on Jodi's family including her little nieces, I've seen a lot of derogatory personal stuff about Patti and Brewer... Just really bad blood-thirsty stuff that I can't believe. It really makes me sad. Getting to that level takes all credibility out of any intelligent opinion or debate. It's just pure hatred and that is the same thing that we all despise in Jodi... the hate she exudes and has created. It's hypocritical.

I just wish everybody could be thankful that Jodi will never see the light of day again and get back to focusing on healing, even though the sentencing lingers.

And just to clarify, by "everybody", I mean the collective world, not WS. The grand majority of WS peeps are great, even when we don't agree. I'm talking about all of the other stuff I've read online, Facebook, etc. Sending out positive, loving vibes to my WS peeps. :peace:

P.S. Mrs. G, a lot of this garbage that I've read has been on that trashy FB site that you've mentioned. I finally "unliked" it. Couldn't stand reading those awful comments from posters.

You judge bashers should clue in to the real world. How funny that the JAII ppl think HHJSS is pro-prosecution. Perhaps a matter of perspective? Rather than hate on a judge, how about hating on the murderer?

How about having a little faith? And patience?

I agree. I think Judge Sherry did a fine job. We all thought the jurors would have been upset by some of the delays, scheduling issues, etc. but the ones interviewed so far understood and were excited she met with them for an hour after the penalty mistrial.

As for setting the penalty retrial date...all we know is Nurmi wants to wait until January and Martinez opposes waiting that long. Samantha was on the phone for today's conference and for all we know she or the family may have plans in July and August or September work better for them. Jodi ain't going anywhere so if compromising on the date where both parties are happy...so what?

IMO the Judge will give the Defense a bit more time but not as long as they'd asked for.

That bald guard is kind of a hunk :blushing: (I have a thing for bald men)

Hubby got his head shaved at work today, for some kind of management fund-raising thing. I apparently don't. :scared:

Yea, they weren't kidding when they said her mask was off today... No glasses, no make-up, no button-down shirts... just black eyes, chains and a nasty glare at the jurors. Creepy.

I've read and heard some things over the course of these 6 months that literally had my jaw on the floor.

People are SO overheated with emotion that they literally can't check themselves. I've heard people say that the jury foreman is just as bad as Jodi and that he's a pervert who likes little girls. I've read comments from people wishing harm and death on Jodi's family including her little nieces, I've seen a lot of derogatory personal stuff about Patti and Brewer... Just really bad blood-thirsty stuff that I can't believe. It really makes me sad. Getting to that level takes all credibility out of any intelligent opinion or debate. It's just pure hatred and that is the same thing that we all despise in Jodi... the hate she exudes and has created. It's hypocritical.

I just wish everybody could be thankful that Jodi will never see the light of day again and get back to focusing on healing, even though the sentencing lingers.

And just to clarify, by "everybody", I mean the collective world, not WS. The grand majority of WS peeps are great, even when we don't agree. I'm talking about all of the other stuff I've read online, Facebook, etc. Sending out positive, loving vibes to my WS peeps. :peace:

P.S. Mrs. G, a lot of this garbage that I've read has been on that trashy FB site that you've mentioned. I finally "unliked" it. Couldn't stand reading those awful comments from posters.

Oh yes, I shouldn't really read there anymore, it just bothers me too much.

Thank god for Websleuths and the fact that most people are sane is all I can say.

You judge bashers should clue in to the real world. How funny that the JAII ppl think HHJSS is pro-prosecution. Perhaps a matter of perspective? Rather than hate on a judge, how about hating on the murderer?

How about having a little faith? And patience?

I think she is inexperienced and shouldn't have had a high profile DP trial as her first criminal case. I don't think she is honestly pro defense or prosecution but her inexperience played a large part in the length of the trial and what was and was not allowed.in. MOO after seeing how many experienced criminal trial judges have handled cases, especially high profile ones.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

guess someone doesn't need those glasses anymore....loved the prison stripes :)

Good catch! :seeya:

Yes, Jodi wearing the eyeglasses during trial but not during the post-conviction interview blitz and today.

Where is the proof Patti Womack is a junkie? I have seen none, only a lie put out on twitter that was quickly debunked. This is wrong, the girl didn't even testify. She has not had a bad thing to say about anyone and has not defended Jodi's actions. Is there any explaining all the abuse she's copping online and in the media?

Travis Alexander friend Dave Hall on JV-M re Jodi Arias defense, Patti Womack 06-20-13 - YouTube

Deeply upset.

I agree with you 100%. Wonder if Dave Hall just committed libel? How trashy to say that on JVM and very unwise, legally and professionally.:moo: Just watch Patti Womack have the last laugh. Since this trial has been so high profile, It would not surprise me if an attorney contacted her regarding suing Mr. Hall.

I agree with you 100%. Wonder if Dave Hall just committed libel? How trashy to say that on JVM and very unwise, legally and professionally.:moo: Just watch Patti Womack have the last laugh. Since this trial has been so high profile, It would not surprise me if an attorney contacted her regarding suing Mr. Hall.

Well since he was repeating lies that have gone all over the internet I'm not sure if he would be the right person to sue, it's just sad to me that he believes it without even knowing her, imagine being Patti and seeing that?

The Calgon commercial that Lisasalinger posted reminded me of this old Love's Baby Soft commercial. Kind of creeps me out now!

[video=youtube;l7IP5SV6GqQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7IP5SV6GqQ[/video]

And HLN ran it anyway with a lame "disclaimer" on the crackhead comment. Disgusted but not surprised with either the comment from Hughes or HLN running it.

Where is the proof Patti Womack is a junkie? I have seen none, only a lie put out on twitter that was quickly debunked. This is wrong, the girl didn't even testify. She has not had a bad thing to say about anyone and has not defended Jodi's actions. Is there any explaining all the abuse she's copping online and in the media?

Travis Alexander friend Dave Hall on JV-M re Jodi Arias defense, Patti Womack 06-20-13 - YouTube

Deeply upset.

Thank you for bringing this up. I agree, to a point, that she's being unfairly attacked, but a lot of it she's brought upon herself. I don't agree with Patti continuing to do interviews. I'm sure she's being hounded by the media but she really needs to just disappear and try to get her life back to normal. I think a lot of people who speak negatively about Patti are going by what they see/hear in the media (sleeping in court, flipping off JM, sounding drunk on HLN). However, from what I've heard her say in interviews, the JA she know a LONG time ago is not the JA we've all come to "know." She doesn't condone what happened and I think she doesn't WANT to testify.

Why bother? There was no jury to "impress." (insert major eyeroll)

I agree. I think Judge Sherry did a fine job. We all thought the jurors would have been upset by some of the delays, scheduling issues, etc. but the ones interviewed so far understood and were excited she met with them for an hour after the penalty mistrial.

As for setting the penalty retrial date...all we know is Nurmi wants to wait until January and Martinez opposes waiting that long. Samantha was on the phone for today's conference and for all we know she or the family may have plans in July and August or September work better for them. Jodi ain't going anywhere so if compromising on the date where both parties are happy...so what?

IMO the Judge will give the Defense a bit more time but not as long as they'd asked for.

It seems like some miss that Wilmott's trial schedule is the schedule imposed upon her by this very same court. It's not like she gets to tell some other Judge that she needs to re-try the penalty phase befor Judge X so she "can't make it" to the trial before Judge Y. If she has a trial conflict, the court will allow a continuance of the penalty phase due to the COURT'S schedule.

Well if you look at the so called footage of flipping people off in court it shows that she was scratching her eye .. those flipping the bird videos are a joke IMO. All this hatred has been blown up by the State page, there's no denying it, and it's base.

And yes, didn't want to testify, doesn't condone what happened at all, innocent of wrongdoing in my book.

Summation of today's proceedings, courtesy of Judge Sherry K. Stephens and Dr. John:

[video=youtube;G5zPqgQ67yo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5zPqgQ67yo[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member