SIDEBAR #15- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

I miss you all. Been very busy and it is has been so damn hot & humid here. I hate it.

When will we resume exactly?

not sure which side filed this Opposition today
7/9/2013 OBJ - Objection/Opposition. - Party (001) 7/10/2013
NOTE: OBJECTION TO REQUEST FOR ENTRY OF NUNC PRO TUNC ORDER FOR RETENTION OF PSYCHOLOGICAL EXPERTS WHO TESIFIED IN THE FIRST TRIAL AS WELL AS PROSPECTIVE ORDER FOR THOSE WHO WILL TESTIFY IN THE UPCOMING PENALTY PHASE

From the legal dictionary:

NUNC PRO TUNC, practice. This phrase, which signifies now for then, is used to express that a thing is done at one time which ought to have been performed at another. Leave of court must be obtained to do things nunc pro tunc, and this is granted to answer the purposes of justice, but never to do injustice A judgment nunc pro tunc can be entered only when the delay has arisen from the act of the court. 3 Man. Gr. & Sc. 970. Vide 1 V.. & B. 312; 1 Moll. R. 462; 13 Price, R. 604; 1 Hogan, R. 110.

GIRLFRIEND! If that isn't grounds for divorce ... I don't know what in the H-E double toothpicks is! The only thing up for debate in my house is 74 degrees or 76. In the middle of an epic MENTALPAUSE hot flash last night my SBF ( the S does not stand for sweet here, people ) Attempted to turn the thermostat UP to 76 ... He said... "The damned thing has been running non-stop for 5 hours."
to which I replied ...In a low-guttural growl I barely recognized as my own voice...

"Reach for that thermostat ... and draw back a bloody stump where your fat hairy paw used to be." ... :hills:

In my defense... I live in Arizona. It's currently 105 degrees and 37% humidity.

I miss you all!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Well not really laughing. I have experienced AZ heat and meno. Not at the same time as I don't live in AZ. I would set the air at 68. Still broke a sweat. Friends came over in winter wear. My standard line? Touch that thermostat and I will snap your digits off :scared:

Looking at those pics upthread if Cindy..she looks loke she has had some work done to her face. Doesn't look much like her. JMO oops wrong thread

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Evening everyone.
One of "that thing in Florida"'s juror is suppose to be on Dr Drew tonight.

Never mind. He's one of Dr. Drew's jurors.

Anyone have a portable air conditioner?
I bought one and was surprised that it works so well- cold and pretty quiet (compared to my old window AC in my bedroom). It was so easy to install. The only con, so far, is that it takes up floor space.

(how come there are no smilies in the "quick reply"?)

I feel your pain. I've been fortunate that I've been able to hold on to my "first foal" from this 2nd chance with horses for the last 22 years. He was foaled when I stepped into to get another cup of coffee, one cold night on April 4, 1991. I've been able to see 26 of his 27 foals the morning of their birth, actually got to watch one being born........sneaky mares! Haven't had a foal around for about 5 years but he may be a dad next year, the mare we picked up about 2 months ago went into heat twice and that's all she wrote. First time she's been bred and she's 10 years old, but the 2 of them are peas in a pod! They don't know they're horses, will follow you around the acreage, put their head in your chest to get their ears scratched, and come hauling a$$ when you whistle for them, sliding stop not more than 3 feet in front of you!
My BF of 9 years knows very little about horses, but feeds them in the morning. He's been lucky because we only had one mare, who was a rescue, that was really a snot. Kicked a feed bucket out of his hand and knocked him over! I have a rule about all the animals playing "well with others" and if they don't fit in, the get re-homed. She went back to the rescue after 4 years. Too dangerous for my BF, who has slow reflexes from PTSD meds.
I hope your filly has a wonderful new home and the new owners treat her well! It's always tough to see one go. :hug:

Thanks for sharing! You are so lucky to have acreage for your horses. I have dreamed of that since I was 12, ie a very long time. Breeding this filly was done on a whim. I was so sick and it was on my bucket list. I got this amazing filly out of Amazing, the stallion. We have an OTTB mare and my imported Oldenburg gelding. Board alone is $3200 a month. Does not include lessons, farrier, vet, etc. I really don't want to sell her. I haven't slept in 2 nights. It is all in my head I know. I so wish I lived where you do. :seeya:

I bought one and was surprised that it works so well- cold and pretty quiet (compared to my old window AC in my bedroom). It was so easy to install. The only con, so far, is that it takes up floor space.

I never have smilies in my quick reply. I looked at portable air conditioners online. The hose was only 5 feet and I needed longer. So glad you like it! :seeya:

I said I would not get invested in the Zimmerman trial, but I am on WS pretty much every day reading and posting sometimes. I miss you all!

I said I would not get invested in the Zimmerman trial, but I am on WS pretty much every day reading and posting sometimes. I miss you all!

I see you there every day! I'm relieved it's almost over, yet what are we to do next week?

:seeya:

Me too, but it got pretty crazy over there yesterday with some of our posters - I decided to lurk...I noticed today was calmed down and the posters I wondered about that were there yesterday were not there today. Not sure what that means but we hopefully will get a just verdict...:seeya:

Thanks for sharing! You are so lucky to have acreage for your horses. I have dreamed of that since I was 12, ie a very long time. Breeding this filly was done on a whim. I was so sick and it was on my bucket list. I got this amazing filly out of Amazing, the stallion. We have an OTTB mare and my imported Oldenburg gelding. Board alone is $3200 a month. Does not include lessons, farrier, vet, etc. I really don't want to sell her. I haven't slept in 2 nights. It is all in my head I know. I so wish I lived where you do. :seeya:

Can't you lease them out?

Nope but we have considered it. We live in a very humid climate and we run the A/C everyday. But - With a generator and a portable A/C would be great if we were ever to lose power. We are fortunate that our electricity is underground provided by Tallapoosa River Electric Company nearby. (A lot of people in our state depend on Alabama Power - we do not). We have lived here for about 8 years and only lost power one time for a few hours.

Don't know about the smilies on Quick Reply...

We moved from northern BC to the Okanagan Valley of BC,(about 12hours south),first day here it was 36 degrees celsius ,to me that was very hot, by the 3rd day we bought a portable air conditioner,don't know how I'd manage without it,don't know how anyone survives the temps in the southern states,guess you acclimatize in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member