SIDEBAR #16- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they do ... they'll get exactly what they deserve! What a schmuck he is! JMO

I thought he got help and also had a baby. I saw pics of the presser where his wife was there. Goodness, that must be so hard to stand there.

I thought he got help and also had a baby. I saw pics of the presser where his wife was there. Goodness, that must be so hard to stand there.

Yep ... I believe he did.

Not sure how his educated wife has been able to stand by her man this long. I'd say he has struck himself out and should be shown the door. Despicable and stupid character! JMO

He did get help - guess therapy wasn't enough. :) His wife is beautiful and supportive, but behind closed doors she's probably not so sweet. :floorlaugh:

I've often been told I'm too sensitive. Some mean it as a compliment while others think it is not a good trait to have.

I don't think I'll ever get over what happened to Travis. I looked at some of those terrible photos today which is why I'm feeling particularly sad. I can't get over the fact that JA's devious plan worked. There are so many ways in which her plan could have backfired but no.... She accomplished her wretched, murderous mission on June 4, 2008. That a grown man even with all his survival instincts and all of that was unable to survive JA's brutal attack just makes my heart ache.

Sorry for this weepy post. I don't want to drag anyone else down.

If they are saying you're "too" sensitive, it is not meant as a compliment. If they are saying your "are" so sensitive, then that is a little different. I know what you mean ... I get the same "criticism" sometimes and I don't appreciate it. I am who I am and I feel the way I feel ... It is not meant to be harmful. I noticed that you are sensitive to others Rose ... not just over-sensitive toward yourself.

I have only recently stopped having nightmares about Travis and his family. I get so invested in other people's pain and want so badly for justice to be served. I agonize for months after a bad/wrong verdict because I just invest too much of myself in the situation.

Do not let people make you feel bad for being a sensitive person. So many people do not have the gift of empathy or sympathy or sensitivity. I am totally offended when people tell me I'm too sensitive because it is basically they don't like me for how I feel, who I am and a basic part of my character. I am insulted ... yet there is no response without appearing hostile and defensive. And, I am not prepared to take that position, because ... well, it's not about "me" ... it's about "them". Just sayin .... IMO

If they are saying you're "too" sensitive, it is not meant as a compliment. If they are saying your "are" so sensitive, then that is a little different. I know what you mean ... I get the same "criticism" sometimes and I don't appreciate it. I am who I am and I feel the way I feel ... It is not meant to be harmful. I noticed that you are sensitive to others Rose ... not just over-sensitive toward yourself.

I have only recently stopped having nightmares about Travis and his family. I get so invested in other people's pain and want so badly for justice to be served. I agonize for months after a bad/wrong verdict because I just invest too much of myself in the situation.

Do not let people make you feel bad for being a sensitive person. So many people do not have the gift of empathy or sympathy or sensitivity. I am totally offended when people tell me I'm too sensitive because it is basically they don't like me for how I feel, who I am and a basic part of my character. I am insulted ... yet there is no response without appearing hostile and defensive. And, I am not prepared to take that position, because ... well, it's not about "me" ... it's about "them". Just sayin .... IMO

Beautifully said. ITA. I too had bad dreams during JA trial and was just sad after the most recent one.

I've often been told I'm too sensitive. Some mean it as a compliment while others think it is not a good trait to have.

I don't think I'll ever get over what happened to Travis. I looked at some of those terrible photos today which is why I'm feeling particularly sad. I can't get over the fact that JA's devious plan worked. There are so many ways in which her plan could have backfired but no.... She accomplished her wretched, murderous mission on June 4, 2008. That a grown man even with all his survival instincts and all of that was unable to survive JA's brutal attack just makes my heart ache.

Sorry for this weepy post. I don't want to drag anyone else down.

I pray that God intervened, and spared Travis from as much suffering as possible. Your sadness is shared by many, Rose. May God bless Travis' soul.

BBM...I agree. She's been tweeting throughout the trial, but now the the attention is focused elsewhere (Zimmerman, Sneiderman, etc.) I almost think that's she's tweeting now to bring the attention back to her. I could be wrong, like I said she's been tweeting throughout, but that's just my take on it.

Eaaaaannnd .... um .. who are we talking about? Who's not getting any attention?
Am I missing something here? :laughcry:
Just kidding .... :giggle:

I thought it might be NG & another reporter who that guy threatened. Hiya all!

David Lee Simpson Threatened To Tie Nancy Grace To Tree Naked, Slit Her Throat: Cops

Wild About Trial tweeted about an hour ago that Nancy Grace and Jane Velez-Mitchell have been identified as threat targets of David Lee Simpson.

I'm going to turn in and try to get some sleep. Good night everyone, see you tomorrow. :eek:fftobed:

I thought it might be NG & another reporter who that guy threatened. Hiya all!

David Lee Simpson Threatened To Tie Nancy Grace To Tree Naked, Slit Her Throat: Cops

Wild About Trial tweeted about an hour ago that Nancy Grace and Jane Velez-Mitchell have been identified as threat targets of David Lee Simpson.

That's really scary. I'd think they both have body guards, especially Nancy. :seeya:

Beautifully said. ITA. I too had bad dreams during JA trial and was just sad after the most recent one.

I pray that God intervened, and spared Travis from as much suffering as possible. Your sadness is shared by many, Rose. May God bless Travis' soul.

Thanks you guys. I think a lot of us on Websleuths are sensitive. We'd have to be to feel so passionately for victims.

I used to have nightmares about JA too. The last one I had was a few months.

I often think about Travis' last moments too Jane. I pray, like you, that he was surrounded by God's Presence. It certainly is no coincidence that we have those photos of that day. JA's fate was sealed on that day thanks to her favorite hobby....photography.

Rest in peace, sweet Travis.

Interesting phrasing by the Prosecutor.

Seems there really are no agreements in the works. The only agreement I can see with this bad a murder is life with nothing else offered. Really, the prosecution has no need to make an offer at all as the evidence speaks for itself.

I think he was simply dancing around the "saving tax payers" stuff. Mooooo

the only deal the prosecution should accept if the alexander's agree, is LWOP and no appeals (i doubt defense would accept this because she will get automatic appeals if she gets the DP and if not, JSS will just sentence her to LWOP anyway). anything short of that they should go to retrial. this woman is a monster. i am so sad for the alexander's and praying for them very hard right now. for travis's birthday on sunday I'm going to church for the first time in a year and then going to finally finish going through all of mine and my children's clothes we don't use and donating them. i already have 4 huge bags filled of very nice, barely used toys which I will donate as well. I'm going to put my favorite quote by travis on each of the bags so that at least someone will see it. i won't be able to get out to feed the homeless like i wanted to because i'm also hosting a baby shower that day, but I will try to do my part. this case has touched me like no other and has lead me back to my faith.

this case is what brought me to websleuths, and I lurked and lurked and finally joined. through this case I also found KCL's blog which is one of the best blogs I have ever read, makes me cry everytime regardless of its a light hearted blog post or a serious one! KCL if you are reading this, you need to write a book!!!! I know I don't know you personally and only from your posts on here but your blog really has helped me through a trying time of post partum depression which hit me like a sledgehammer when I had my precious little son in my photo next to my name. your blog led me to seek out my energy healer again and I can honestly say I am 100 percent better without medication after several sessions (we determined the root cause of the depression was the emergency c-section which was really traumatizing me on a physical and emotional cellular level and disrupting the energy flow in my sacral area and screwing everything else up) In fact, I have plans on treating myself to the healing spa in Mexico next year. (I should prob be posting this in the KCL thread!)

Anyway, I just wanted to check in with everyone again. Being a lurker on here for so long I feel like I know everyone but I just started posting so hopefully you guys will get to know me as well through this and other trials. I will be in the Andrea Sneiderman thread when that gets going!

Oh and one thing I forgot in my last post, I just finished reading "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn. I won't put any spoilers here because I know it's a popular book but the female character gave me the chills and could have been Jodi Arias, i think that's what reminded me to come and check in on the forum. what a creepy book and definitely a page turner. even though i couldn't put it down, i think i might be the one person who didn't like it because of the ending, i liked her other book "Dark Places" a lot better.

and while i'm at it, another book I recommend that would appeal to everyone on here, especially if you have children that are in their late teens or young adults, but really everyone should read it is Gavin De Becker's "Gift of Fear."

MCAO: Open to agreement in penalty phase of Jodi Arias trial

Posted: Jul 24, 2013 8:11 PM EDT Updated: Jul 24, 2013 8:29 PM EDT Posted by Breann Bierman - email

Jodi Arias (Source: CBS 5 News)

PHOENIX (CBS5) - There's a chance the prosecution and the defense in the Jodi Arias trial may come to an agreement on her sentence before the retrial of penalty phase is scheduled to begin.
MOREAdditional Links

Arias has added fuel to the speculation that negotiations are underway.
One of the most recent messages on her Twitter page, @jodiannarias, said, "The State rejected my third request for a plea to settle quietly and less expensively. Off to retrial we go. Sorry, taxpayers."
Maricopa County's top prosecutor said Wednesday that Arias is either not telling the truth or misinformed.
Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery said he's open to an agreement that would avoid another "mini-trial," which is how some experts describe the penalty phase.
However, Montgomery stopped short of confirming that negotiations are underway.
"I respect the job that the defense attorneys are doing on behalf of their client, and we're doing our job. And if there is a way for us to reach an agreement short of trial, I'd be open to that, but if not, then we'll wind up retrying the penalty phase," Montgomery said.
Montgomery refused to say what he would accept for an agreement.
On May 8, a jury found Arias guilty of first-degree murder in the 2008 death of her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander at his Mesa home. The same jury was unable to reach a decision on whether Arias should spend the rest of her life in prison or receive the death penalty.
The next hearing in the case is set for Aug. 26.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay