SIDEBAR #19- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you like my favorite shows. It's addicting to me. I also like The Golden Girls.

On the double post- just go to one of the posts and press edit and cancel.
Thanks for the post delete tip. Posting via my iPhone doesn't help either. :facepalm:

Golden Girls is awesome too. So glad several networks show this show back to back :great:

------
YesorNO that is my problem! I have visions of the computer going up in smoke.:floorlaugh: Check back later for picture. I did get it enlarged, do you have access to FB.?....be back..

I am not a member of Facebook.

Frasier is on the Hallmark Channel starting at 10:00 (EST). Give it a try- bet you'll laugh your bloomers off :floorlaugh:

---------
On Nov.2. Hallmark switches to all Christmas movies until AFTER Christmas. I even wrote and asked them not to make it 24/7 last year. No response. I am sorry but I cannot watch Christmas shows. That was my sons' favorite time of the year. They are beautiful but they make me cry and cry. I dont go into the stores unless the pharmacy where I have to go..I know I am an emotional wreck. Children were the only thing I ever begged God for..that is beside my son' life.

---------
On Nov.2. Hallmark switches to all Christmas movies until AFTER Christmas. I even wrote and asked them not to make it 24/7 last year. No response. I am sorry but I cannot watch Christmas shows. That was my sons' favorite time of the year. They are beautiful but they make me cry and cry. I dont go into the stores unless the pharmacy where I have to go..I know I am an emotional wreck. Children were the only thing I ever begged God for..that is beside my son' life.

I am so sorry Nore.

---------

I feel the same way about the switch to ALL Christmas movies FOR 2 MONTHS. It's just too much for me. I mean, I like Christmas, but it's really overboard, IMO. And, I think, it gives the wrong impression- that everything is honky-dory solved (when there is a problem around the holidays)- all in 2 hours. No one's life is like that.
I'm so sorry about your son. Losing a child is very hard (I know). It never leaves you. I'll pray that you will find some peace around the holiday, Nore.

Awapuhi
What drew you to WS- what trial (if I may be so nosy- and I am nosy :floorlaugh:) ?

JA trial drew me WS. I was standing in line in Walmart and saw JA's picture on National Enquirer. When I got home, I did a search on the beast.

The Camping Ground

A rather old fashioned lady, always quite delicate and elegant, especially in her language, was planning a weeks holiday in Sydney with her husband, so she wrote to a particular camping ground and asked for a reservation.
She wanted to make sure that the camping ground was fully equipped, but didn't know quite how to ask about the toilet facilities. She just couldn't bring herself to write the word "toilet" in her letter.
After much thought, she finally came up with the old fashioned term "Bathroom closet" but when she wrote it down, she still thought she was being too forward, so she started all over again, rewrote the letter, and referred to the bathroom closet as the B.C.
"Does the camping ground have it's own B.C." is what she wrote.
Well, the camping ground owner wasn't a bit old fashioned, and he just couldn't figure out what the old lady was talking about, so he showed the letter around a few of the campers and the only thing they could come up with was that B.C. stood for Baptist Church, so he wrote the following reply.

Dear Madam,
I regret very much the delay in answering your letter, but I now take the pleasure of informing you that a B.C. is located nine miles north of our camping ground, and is capable of seating 250 people at one time.
I admit that it is quite a distance away if you are in the habit of going regularly but no doubt you will be pleased to know that a great number of campers go there and many take their lunches along and make a day of it. They usually arrive nice and early and stay quite late.
The last time my wife and I went was six years ago, and it was so crowded we had to stand up the whole time we were there. It may interest you to know that there is a special supper planned there to raise money to buy more seats so that everyone will be able to sit in comfort.
I would like to say that it pains me very much not to be able to go more regularly, but it is surely no lack of desire on my part, just that I am so busy most of the time.
As we grow older, it seems to be more of an effort to go, especially in the cold weather. If you decide to come down to our camping ground perhaps I could go with you the first time you go, sit with you and introduce you to all the other folks.
Remember this is a very friendly community
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bank Loan

Before going to Europe on business, a man drives his Rolls-Royce to a downtown New York City bank and asks for an immediate loan of $5,000. The loan officer, taken aback, requests collateral. "Well then, here are the keys to my Rolls-Royce," the man says. The loan officer promptly has the car driven into the bank's underground parking for safe keeping and gives the man the $5,000.
Two weeks later, the man walks through the bank's doors and asks to settle up his loan and get his car back. "That will be $5,000 in principal, and $15.40 in interest," the loan officer says. The man writes out a check and starts to walk away. "Wait, sir," the loan officer says. "You are a millionaire. Why in the world would you need to borrow $5,000?" The man smiles, "Where else could I find a safer place to park my Rolls-Royce in Manhattan for two weeks and pay only $15.40?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DOG FOR SALE

A guy is driving around the back woods of Montana and he sees a sign in front of a broken down shanty-style house: 'Talking Dog For Sale 'He rings the bell and the owner appears and tells him the dog is in the backyard.
The guy goes into the backyard and sees a nice looking Labrador retriever sitting there.
'You talk?' he asks.
'Yep,' the Lab replies.
After the guy recovers from the shock of hearing a dog talk, he says 'So, what's your story?'
The Lab looks up and says, 'Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was pretty young. I wanted to help the government, so... I told the CIA.
In no time at all they had me jetting from country to country, sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders, because no one figured a dog would be eavesdropping.'
'I was one of their most valuable spies for eight years running...
But the jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn't getting any younger so I decided to settle down. I signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover security, wandering near suspicious characters and listening in.
I uncovered some incredible dealings and was awarded a batch of medals.'
'I got married, had a mess of puppies, and now I'm just retired.'
The guy is amazed. He goes back in and asks the owner what he wants for the dog.
'Ten dollars,' the guy says.
'Ten dollars? This dog is amazing! Why on earth are you selling him so cheap?'
'Because he's a liar. He never did any of that stuff'
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Warning Labels

In case you needed further proof that the human race is doomed by stupidity, here are some actual label instructions found on consumer goods:
On a Sears hairdryer: Do not use while sleeping.
On a bag of Fritos: You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside. (The shoplifter special.)
On a bar of Dial soap: Directions: Use like regular soap.
On a Swann frozen dinners: Serving suggestion: Defrost. (But it's just a suggestion.)
On Tesco's tiramisu dessert (printed on the bottom of box): Do not turn upside-down.
On Marks & Spencer bread pudding: Product will be hot after heating.
On packaging for a Rowenta iron: Do not iron clothes on body.
On Boot's children's cough medicine: "Do not drive a car or operate machinery after taking this medication."
On Nytol sleep aid: Warning: May cause drowsiness.
On most brands of Christmas lights: "For indoor or outdoor use only." (As opposed to what?)
On a Japanese food processor: Not to be used for the other use. (I gotta admit, I'm curious.)
On Sainsbury's peanuts: "Warning: contains nuts."
On an American Airlines packet of peanuts: "Instructions: Open packet, eat nuts."
On a child's Superman costume: "Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly." (I don't blame the company, I blame the parents for this one.)
On a Swedish chain saw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."

I also like Malcolm in the Middle...made me feel great about my family. :floorlaugh:

Jane Kazmarek was priceless as the mother, Lois. My sister, who had three sons, absolutely loved her. Must have been her alter ego.

Awapuhi
What drew you to WS- what trial (if I may be so nosy- and I am nosy :floorlaugh:) ?
Sure.

I watched the trial from day one through tv coverage. I googled the subject and found this forum and read it as the trial was being aired. I found the members to be very smart and have enjoyed following along - I guess you can say I've been " lurking" ;)

:cool:

Sure.

I watched the trial from day one through tv coverage. I googled the subject and found this forum and read it as the trial was being aired. I found the members to be very smart and have enjoyed following along - I guess you can say I've been " lurking" ;)

:cool:

Glad you came out of lurking!!!

The Wit of Phyllis Diller

Whatever you may look like, marry a man your own age. As your beauty fades, so will his eyesight.
Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?
Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.
A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.
The reason women don't play football is because 11 of them would never wear the same outfit in public.
Best way to get rid of kitchen odors: Eat out.
A bachelor is a guy who never made the same mistake once.
I want my children to have all the things I couldn't afford. Then I want to move in with them.
Most children threaten at times to run away from home. This is the only thing that keeps some parents going.
Aim high, and you won't shoot your foot off.
Any time three New Yorkers get into a cab without an argument, a bank has just been robbed.
We spend the first twelve months of our children's lives teaching them to walk and talk and the next twelve telling them to sit down and shut up.
Burt Reynolds once asked me out. I was in his room.
You know you're old if your walker has an airbag.
I'm eighteen years behind in my ironing.
What I don't like about office Christmas parties is looking for a job the next day.
The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally put gin in the steam iron.
I've been asked to say a couple of words about my husband, Fang. How about short and cheap?
His finest hour lasted a minute and a half.
Old age is when the liver spots show through your gloves.
My photographs don't do me justice - they just look like me.
There's so little money in my bank account, my scenic checks show a ghetto.
I admit, I have a tremendous sex drive. My boyfriend lives forty miles away.
My cooking is so bad my kids thought Thanksgiving was to commemorate Pearl Harbor .
My mother-in-law had a pain beneath her left breast. Turned out to be a trick knee.
Tranquilizers work only if you follow the advice on the bottle - keep away from children.
I asked the waiter, 'Is this milk fresh?' He said, 'Lady, three hours ago it was grass.'
The reason the golf pro tells you to keep your head down is so you can't see him laughing.
You know you're old if they have discontinued your blood type.
Loving Seminar

There was a group of women gathered at a seminar on how to live in a loving relationship with your husband.
The women were asked, "How many of you love your husbands?"
All the women raised their hands.
Then they were asked, -
"When was the last time you told your husband you loved him?"
Some women answered today, some yesterday, some didn't remember.
The women were then told to take their cell phones and send the following text to their respective husband: 'I love you, sweetheart.'
Then the women were told to exchange phones and read the responding text messages.
Here are some of the replies:
1. Eh, are you sick?
2. What now? Did you crash the car again?
3. I don't understand what you mean?
4. What did you do now? I won't forgive you this time!!!
5. ?!?
6. Don't beat about the bush, just tell me how much you need?
7. Am I dreaming? ???????
8. If you don't tell me who this message is actually for, you will die today...!!!
9. I asked you not to drink anymore!!
and the best one...
10. Who is this?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EXERCISE FOR PEOPLE OVER 50

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side. With a 5-lbpotato bag in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, and then relax.
Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer.
After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato bags. Then try 50-lb potato bags and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato bag in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute.(I'm at this level.)
After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each bag.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nore, I am so sorry about your son. I wish that I could wave a magic wand and take away all of the sorrow, sadness and pain and grace your days with nothing but the love of your son and sunshine.

I would if I could, but I can't. Instead, please treasure the memories and the love that you had for one another. Please keep his legacy alive by continuing to share him with others, as you have done with us.

To all of you who have lost precious people from your lives. my wish is the same for you.

I'm saying goodnight early tonight- did a lot of cleaning in the yard today and my hands hurt, so-

Goodnight all :seeya:

Has anyone watched the show Revenge? I watched season 1 on Netflix. Is season 2 worth watching?

Hopping into the sidebar to say Hello and Good Evening. I put myself in detox from all things Arias after the penalty phase that must be repeated. Eager to watch Juan in action again tho. I became saturated and enmeshed in that trial until the jury was dismissed and will always detest JA and despise her felonious behavior. RIP TA
And apologies if this post appears to be hijacking the thread. I only wanted to add this link from Tessanne Chin's performance on The Voice last night for your sheer enjoyment. Tessanne is from Jamacia and she is fantastic, imho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu34S07okgI

Good night everyone. Time for my mid week Walmart run.

Sweet dreams to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members