SIDEBAR #2- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also would like to contribute one of my favorite songs. I'm having trouble moving it over here,though. It's written and performed by Minnie Driver. It's called "Coming back to Life".
I think of Travis and his family when I hear it.

Wow! That is a GREAT song and I never would have guessed it was Minnie Driver singing! I found a 15 minute version on You Tube but won't post it til we get the all clear to resume.

Thanks for turning me on to this song - it's beautiful... so is your dog!

Wow! That is a GREAT song and I never would have guessed it was Minnie Driver singing! I found a 15 minute version on You Tube but won't post it til we get the all clear to resume.

Thanks for turning me on to this song - it's beautiful... so is your dog!
Thanks so much, VV. I never knew she could sing either until my DH played this for me and said, "Guess who this is?" I was so surprised. My sweet dog,
Chance, died several years ago when he was fourteen. He was so dear.
By the way, I loved Vivien Vance. She really was gorgeous. I heard Lucy made her gain weight so that she would be more of a foil for her. (I unfortunately have no excuse...)

I love this song, Rosemary. I had never heard it until I watched this show called "Rock Star" where these singers/musicians were trying out for a lead singer role in the band INXS.

My favorite guy, Marty Casey, sang this song, and I flipped. Those of you who know the original may not have the same reaction of a cover. This is an acoustic version, which I love even more that you can strip that song down and it is still powerful.

[video=youtube;eqe1xbIErRU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqe1xbIErRU"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqe1xbIErRU[/video]

I think he did an electric version too. The 'house band' on that show was fantastic.

I ended up loving Maah-ty (as me and hubby called him, in our best Aussie accents) best, he only made it to second place. Such a unique and compelling singer.

And I love a man who is not afraid to wear a bit of eyeliner. :)

Here's a cover of Britney Spear's "Hit Me, Baby (One More Time)" like you have probably never heard it!

Marty Casey - Hit Me Baby One More Time - YouTube

Oops, just scrolled up and saw that post about not posting graphics.

I see my last post, one shows just the URL, the other the YouTube graphic. I copy and pasted them the same way.

Can someone advise how I can post links to YouTube videos without them displaying as graphics here?

Thanks so much, VV. I never knew she could sing either until my DH played this for me and said, "Guess who this is?" I was so surprised. My sweet dog,
Chance, died several years ago when he was fourteen. He was so dear.
By the way, I loved Vivien Vance. She really was gorgeous. I heard Lucy made her gain weight so that she would be more of a foil for her. (I unfortunately have no excuse...)

Oh, I am so sorry about beautiful Chance! My own beautiful 13 year old Chow mix died a little over a year ago and I was (still am) inconsolable. I think about him - and miss him - every single day.

I'll post that song for you once we can put videos back up (may take a while, what with the verdict coming down - I'm a nervous wreck!).

I love this song, Rosemary. I had never heard it until I watched this show called "Rock Star" where these singers/musicians were trying out for a lead singer role in the band INXS.

My favorite guy, Marty Casey, sang this song, and I flipped. Those of you who know the original may not have the same reaction of a cover. This is an acoustic version, which I love even more that you can strip that song down and it is still powerful.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqe1xbIErRU

I think he did an electric version too. The 'house band' on that show was fantastic.

I ended up loving Maah-ty (as me and hubby called him, in our best Aussie accents) best, he only made it to second place. Such a unique and compelling singer.

And I love a man who is not afraid to wear a bit of eyeliner. :)

Here's a cover of Britney Spear's "Hit Me, Baby (One More Time)" like you have probably never heard it!

Marty Casey - Hit Me Baby One More Time - YouTube

Chester! Mr. Mertz and I LOVED Rock Star/INXS and most especially loved Marty! His "Creep" was phenomenal and inspired me to do a JA parody - except I really wouldn't have had to change too much... so I ditched the idea. I'll post the video later when it's okay to do so.

Jeeze, I'm so nervous here. No songs to post right now, hugging my cat so hard he's actually trying to get away. I have HLN muted, I swear they go for the most controversial talking heads. With they would go with Beth all the way but I guess she's too logical and intelligent for them.

Jeeze, I'm so nervous here. No songs to post right now, hugging my cat so hard he's actually trying to get away. I have HLN muted, I swear they go for the most controversial talking heads. With they would go with Beth all the way but I guess she's too logical and intelligent for them.

I was a wreck all day too! Mr. M was confident of a Murder 1 verdict but I wasn't - I should always listen to the Medicine Man!

Hopefully we'll be able to post more songs later and breathe again!

We can sing this together for now

Walk On - Us

And love is not the easy thing
The only baggage that you can bring...
And love is not the easy thing...
The only baggage you can bring
Is all that you can't leave behind

And if the darkness is to keep us apart
And if the daylight feels like it's a long way off
And if your glass heart should crack
And for a second you turn back
Oh no, be strong

Walk on, walk on
What you got they can't steal it
No they can't even feel it
Walk on, walk on...
Stay safe tonight

You're packing a suitcase for a place none of us has been
A place that has to be believed to be seen
You could have flown away
A singing bird in an open cage
Who will only fly, only fly for freedom

Walk on, walk on
What you've got they can't deny it
Can't sell it, or buy it
Walk on, walk on
Stay safe tonight

And I know it aches
And your heart it breaks
And you can only take so much
Walk on, walk on

Home... hard to know what it is if you've never had one
Home... I can't say where it is but I know I'm going home
That's where the heart is

and I know it aches
How your heart it breaks
And you can only take so much
Walk on, walk on

Leave it behind
You got to leave it behind
All that you fashion
All that you make
All that you build
All that you break
All that you measure
All that you feel
All this you can leave behind
All that you reason
All that you sense
All that you speak
All you dress-up
All that you scheme...

:giggle:

tumblr_mmidroNp1x1red3feo1_500.png

I am assuming most people here do not like rap. I love it.

Damn it was a good day!
[video=youtube;oJ_jDNXN8U4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ_jDNXN8U4[/video]

Oh Vivian! I can't believed I have run across someone else who watched "Rock Star"

I loved all of Marty, but "Creep" was especially great! Please please post your parody!

I occasionally watch all of Marty's "Rock Star" videos. Jordis was another favorite.

Also would like to contribute one of my favorite songs. I'm having trouble moving it over here,though. It's written and performed by Minnie Driver. It's called "Coming back to Life".
I think of Travis and his family when I hear it.

Good morning lastchance! Now that I guess the embargo has lifted, here's that beautiful Minnie Driver song:

[video=youtube;ymo7PjzKWhE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymo7PjzKWhE[/video]

Speaking of lifted embargoes......

[video=youtube;eXpa0Ef25XQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXpa0Ef25XQ[/video]

Oh Vivian! I can't believed I have run across someone else who watched "Rock Star"

I loved all of Marty, but "Creep" was especially great! Please please post your parody!

I occasionally watch all of Marty's "Rock Star" videos. Jordis was another favorite.

Hi Chester!

I found the parody in my "archives" so I'll post it after the Marty Casey version (mine is from the jury when JA was on the stand, it's a bit simplistic, which is probably why I never posted it!):

Marty Casey - Creep - YouTube

When you were here before
Couldn't look us in the eye
You're just like the devil
The way that you lie

You lie like a throw rug
You bought at Walmart
You think you are special
You're so freakin' special

(jail doors slam shut)

But you're a creep
You're a psycho