SIDEBAR #20- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ummm....when she feels like it?

No, as far as this non-lawyer person knows, there is no set schedule. As judge, she uses her judicial discretion to determine when both sides are ready for trial and all pre-trial issues have been properly addressed? This is my best guess.

She set another court date today, 11/1, for oral arguments. Logically that would mean either she considered that not enough time had been set aside for arguments already in front of the court and/or counsel indicated that more motions will be filed.
[/B]
BBM :sigh: :eek:verreaction:

Aha,just read what yesORno wrote,thanks yn,appreciate all you guys that keep updates,really Thank you!!

Just jumping in here quick. Having problems with the board and still getting positives on anti-virus and malwarebytes.....

Appeals are automatic. Unless a plea deal is in place that she agrees to, in order to drop appellate rights.

Yes, the State will have to pay for them. They will not be successful, they will just be paper work that requires a couple of years.

She already admitted the murder. Any issues with the Judge's ruling are going to be very much a waste of time, but required in every death penalty case. I think Judge SS has handled everything quite well, and to tell all the truth, not many appeals ever make it. Unless an attorney or Judge openly says out loud that they compare the defendant to Charles Manson or Ted Bundy, or the DNA comes back later that more were involved. (They have hers at the crime scene and her admission of murder.) Pointless as it may be, expect it. And, don't bother to hold your breath for a couple of years. (At this point, nothing merits a reversal of the conviction.) ETA: Also know that whomever is assigned to do the appeal must bring up some legal issue, no matter how weak. Do not fret, it is their job, and the know it is fruitless, but they get paid for it. It all looks good on paper, but the lawyers know, the Judges know, and eventually the Justices know, that it is just part of the job. It will not be granted. It will be some minor something, but that is what is required. Never forget, she already admitted the murder and know, it is fruitless. Never forget the evidence.

Also, why would anyone watch the made for t.v. movie? It is offensive! Oh, I don't have cable. Guess it is normal, but the less you tune in the more these crappy movies stop. Digital world will know if you do watch, not kidding. Digital t.v.s, t.v. boxes, not being uber paranoid, just being honest.

Thank you 21Merc! I really needed to hear that. Every time it gets to one of these motions by the defense team, I get a little anxious.

After today's court date, Neumeister can amend his CV to read All Purpose Expert Witness. :floorlaugh:

Wonder if Judge Stephens is tired of seeing his face? "Oh, you again. What expert hat are you wearing today?"

How much did they pay him to do a Google search? :floorlaugh:

Even if he used other databases, how could the judge take his testimony seriously?

After today's court date, Neumeister can amend his CV to read All Purpose Expert Witness. :floorlaugh:

Wonder if Judge Stephens is tired of seeing his face? "Oh, you again. What expert hat are you wearing today?"

Lol lol lol!! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: You guys make me laugh!

Oh, and just a thought on the media discussion from above....let's not forget that the defense's OWN *star* witness (ALV) went on CNN and did an interview (knowing she might be called for the upcoming re-trial phase)!!! So right back at ya, Ms. Jodi (Arias, of course! Not anyone on here...lol!).

Also Patti Womack was on NG, IIRC. That was also supposed to be her witess who Jodi then tried to say that she was getting too much media attention and thus the "threats."

Darryl Brewer, right before he was supposed to be a witness in the penalty phase! Also, now it's going to re-trial, well he already did his interview, so their own fault they didn't prepare for the future and keep his mouth shut. He put his own face out there.

And lastly, in the gutter.....the defendant herself.

So.....their too much media attention theory should fall flat on its face where it belongs.

Trial Diva Jen ™ ‏@TrialDivasJ 20m

The hearing is over and no ruling as of yet for the cameras in the #jodiarias re-trial

Trial Diva Jen ™ ‏@TrialDivasJ 20m

The hearing is over and no ruling as of yet for the cameras in the #jodiarias re-trial

Thanks janx :seeya:
And now missy wants to send some thanks, too. :floorlaugh:

[video=youtube;A-Muy1Pr3js]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-Muy1Pr3js[/video]

Just curious about something that those of you who have followed cases and trials may know.

When this trial concludes, I know that the prosecution team are able to speak freely about both the case and the trial. What, if anything, can the defense team discuss? I understand that there are issues of client confidentiality. As long as they do not breach that, can they discuss strategy and their opinions as to whether or not she was telling the truth?

If so, maybe Nurmi can retire early. He'd make a fortune off of a book as long as he had a ghostwriter and a damn good proofreader...after all, we have read his motions and know of his writing ability. :floorlaugh:

Just curious about something that those of you who have followed cases and trials may know.

When this trial concludes, I know that the prosecution team are able to speak freely about both the case and the trial. What, if anything, can the defense team discuss? I understand that there are issues of client confidentiality. As long as they do not breach that, can they discuss strategy and their opinions as to whether or not she was telling the truth?

If so, maybe Nurmi can retire early. He'd make a fortune off of a book as long as he had a ghostwriter and a damn good proofreader...after all, we have read his motions and know of his writing ability. :floorlaugh:

I wondered the same thing! :floorlaugh: What must it be like to defend someone like this? How much of the convoluted motion writing is actually his writing--or the writing of his staff--and how much is the murderer's? The defense lawyers often come off as clowns, but surely this is because they have nothing to defend. ??

So. can we all agree that "Nothing noteworthy happening this afternoon." :facepalm:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Parody diary feed for Jodi. It's so debasing. I like it.
Courthouse Evidence Locker

https://twitter.com/JodiAriasDiary

So. can we all agree that "Nothing noteworthy happening this afternoon." :facepalm:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Parody diary feed for Jodi. It's so debasing. I like it.
Courthouse Evidence Locker

https://twitter.com/JodiAriasDiary

OMG, these are too funny. Somebody has an incredible sense of humor...has to be a woman.

Jodi Arias Diary ‏@JodiAriasDiary 3 Jun

#JodiArias Dear diary: So boring alone in my cell, so I pass the time practicing kegels. I think I sprained my labia...again.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

@monicalindstrom Should Judge Stephens be ruling today on motions argued today or can she delay ruling? #jodiarias - 04 Oct

Monica Lindstrom @monicalindstrom Legal analyst/TV personality/KTAR radio host, former prosecutor/defense atty...Scottsdale, Arizona

"She has 60 days or no paycheck"

Eek, judge has 60 days to rule on motions? :banghead:

I learn something new every day, but this is definitely something that I did not want to learn. :maddening:

The killer makes me sick. I only come here because of the wonderful posters. Lock the killer up forever.

The killer makes me sick. I only come here because of the wonderful posters. Lock the killer up forever.

Evening Kensie :seeya:

How are you?
What a waste of court time today (at least for me :floorlaugh:)
-seems as if nothing is ever accomplished at these things :stormingmad:

Hey Y/N. I am ok. Took off work today and enjoyed the warm (85 degrees) sunshine.

I don't support the DP, but I know others do.
By the time this trial gets resolved :scared: and missy's :jail: appeals are used up, we'll be dead before she will be :facepalm:
so- here's some funnies from prison: :floorlaugh:

Jodi Arias last words last meal - YouTube

[video=youtube;YAnmWnylusM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAnmWnylusM[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads