SIDEBAR #21- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a very hard figure to dress...full bosom, short waisted with a small waist and large hips. Other builds can find ways to accentuate certain parts of their figure and downplay others through cut, color/patter and style, but I think this build is probably the most challenging.

I had a close friend with this figure and remember how hard it was for her to find clothes, especially dresses, that would not make her look matronly.

And then you have the other extreme, which is to dress that figure in extremely tight fitting clothes and showing a lot of skin, which does not work either.

I must admit. I am short, short waisted, short legs. I think it is all about proportion. I have to buy dresses that are not belted, more tailored. She could wear this dress well if it was sized correctly and a different color. She knows she is going to be photographed so I don't get why she would try to pull this off. Epic Fail. You are so lucky to be built like Kate Hudson. How beautiful she looks in that dress with nothing on underneath. Few can do that! Thank God for Spandex! :floorlaugh:

Tulessa :seeya:

Please stay and play with us! You can watch a movie any time.

Hubby got all excited! I had a wonderful evening! Love you guys so much! You keep my marriage young! Oh...btw! Hubby says thanks! :floorlaugh:

I loved Dark Shadows! I would get off the schoolbus and run home to watch it on the B&W tv. I thought Angelique was beautiful. The original Barnabus was cool. David Selby took over his role and I can't remember why. Anybody know?

I was the same. Running just as fast as I could, just mumbled hi at mom, pet the lovingly waiting cat, turn to the t.v. (Poor mom.)

According to IMDB trivia:

The character of Quentin Collins was created at the request of Jonathan Frid, who asked that a second villain be brought in to lighten his work load.

and

David Selby was written out because he developed appendicitis and had to undergo surgery. He recovered as the show was canceled and was able to star in the final theatrical spin-off, Night of Dark Shadows.

Link:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059978/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv

ETA: OOPS! Just ignore, I see YorN answered already!

I wish I could wear either of the dresses linked above. Well, not that beige short, belted one. I don't even like the look of the material.

Short here, just round, no waist to belt. I would look like a beach ball with a tent over it in that beige thing. Can't wear pleated pants anymore either, or ones with pockets or belt loops. Hard to find all flat pants, flat front especially. Try to cover pockets, pleats, and belt loops with a jacket and it looks like you gained 20 more pounds, when already know you gained enough as is!

Same here 21merc - I was okay til I went through menopause...then I became a pumpkin with arms & legs, lol.

Attachments

• Pumpkin.jpg
    Pumpkin.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 7
ok i have Kardashian Konfession (aka confession but you know how they love their "k"'s...wow i am so corney!).

i really cannot stand their shows for a multitude of reasons but anyway..

my sister loves the show and when i was pregnant with my son i was watching an episode with my sister. Khloe had this blanket that looked so comfortable and she always had it with her on the show and talked about it. It was like a tiger printed blanket. Anyway, I loved it but not in an animal print, and i wanted a comfy blanket to bring to the hospital w/me when I had my son so I googled it and found the blanket. The brand is Barefoot Dreams and they are the BEST blankets ever. I bought one in all black bc i am a self-professed blanket snob and i have blankets in every color except black. I have to say, this is the most comfortable blanket EVER. It's big, i sleep w/it everynight and always have it with me when i go away or even just lounging on the couch. If anyone loves a good throw blanket that is so comfortable and easy to wash/etc I would get one!

Thats about the only good thing thats come out of watching one of their shows for me!

on a side note, i have offically passed down my blanket snobbery to my children. i am obsessed with Minky blankets, and always order them off Etsy for the kids. They are the nicest fabric/material ever. Each of my kids have 3 of them. My husband thinks im insane. His thing is cars, mine is blankets and makeup lol

I got them ALL!!! What do I win?? :fence:

It figures, I missed no. 13..

I loved Jimmy Stewart. He was great in the Glenn Miller Story~Glenn Miller, In The Mood!:cheer::Banane21::genie::saythat:

My Huz put together a CD for me (for my new car's CD player) - 50s, 60s rock & roll, and a few 40s music and one of them is my favorite - "In the Mood!" :loveyou:

Has anyone read the book Picture Perfect
I watched the trial,but is the book worth a read..TIA

I have a friend who bought the book and said it was very good. She also followed/watched the trial and said there was a lot of information that she doesn't remember or seemed new to her.

I thught it was much better than JVM's book. Not a lot of new info, but interesting reading, nonetheless.

I thught it was much better than JVM's book. Not a lot of new info, but interesting reading, nonetheless.

I'm finishing up on JVM's book now. I ordered it on Nook. Except for a few misstatements the book was pretty accurate and well written. Not a fan of JVM because a lot of the information she puts on the air is incorrect but the book was pretty good. jmo

ok i have Kardashian Konfession (aka confession but you know how they love their "k"'s...wow i am so corney!).

i really cannot stand their shows for a multitude of reasons but anyway..

my sister loves the show and when i was pregnant with my son i was watching an episode with my sister. Khloe had this blanket that looked so comfortable and she always had it with her on the show and talked about it. It was like a tiger printed blanket. Anyway, I loved it but not in an animal print, and i wanted a comfy blanket to bring to the hospital w/me when I had my son so I googled it and found the blanket. The brand is Barefoot Dreams and they are the BEST blankets ever. I bought one in all black bc i am a self-professed blanket snob and i have blankets in every color except black. I have to say, this is the most comfortable blanket EVER. It's big, i sleep w/it everynight and always have it with me when i go away or even just lounging on the couch. If anyone loves a good throw blanket that is so comfortable and easy to wash/etc I would get one!

Thats about the only good thing thats come out of watching one of their shows for me!

on a side note, i have offically passed down my blanket snobbery to my children. i am obsessed with Minky blankets, and always order them off Etsy for the kids. They are the nicest fabric/material ever. Each of my kids have 3 of them. My husband thinks im insane. His thing is cars, mine is blankets and makeup lol
$220 for a queen? That's what I pay for a whole hog, cut and quartered the way I like it. :floorlaugh:

Thank you to Shady Lady who mentioned Netflix. I didn't know what Netflix was really so I googled it. Wow. You can watch all kinds of things on all kinds of devices. Thank you again! I am going to try and find "Dark Shadows" and watch the series.

I got them ALL!!! What do I win?? :fence:

My Huz put together a CD for me (for my new car's CD player) - 50s, 60s rock & roll, and a few 40s music and one of them is my favorite - "In the Mood!" :loveyou:

-------
Oh be still my :heartbeat: Niner, did you ever hear American Patrol? gives me the chills!!! :loveyou:

Thank you to Shady Lady who mentioned Netflix. I didn't know what Netflix was really so I googled it. Wow. You can watch all kinds of things on all kinds of devices. Thank you again! I am going to try and find "Dark Shadows" and watch the series.

My family has subscribed to Netflix for years and years. Love it! Be careful if you join and get into the TV series or HBO shows. A person could watch for hours and hours catching up. That has happened to my DH and me.

This if from The Onion but it really is not too far off the mark.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/netflix-sends-message-to-check-if-area-man-okay-af,31498/

It is eerily quiet in here. Where is everyone, out making mischief on the night before Halloween?
Some brats shot their paint ball gun at our house and got the front door. Geez, don't parents watch their kids anymore?

It is eerily quiet in here. Where is everyone, out making mischief on the night before Halloween?
Some brats shot their paint ball gun at our house and got the front door. Geez, don't parents watch their kids anymore?

Think I will take my black cat out for a walk now....

:oddsmiley:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member