SIDEBAR #21- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. I got tired of using my homemade soap and borax for washing clothes, b/c soap leave soap scum you have to use a "magic eraser" to get the yucky gray off of the washer agitator. Thankfully and brand of magic eraser works, even the cheapo packs at Dollar Tree.

I think Zuri was right about something. I think I am allergic to even unscented detergent, and I know about shampoo so I ordered some unscented shampoo from one of the soap making supply stores.

At any rate, back to using unscented store bought laundry detergent and my skin is itching all over and a tiny allergic bump here and there, my slippers are itching my feet. Sigh.

Maybe I should just use borax or just baking soda? Will my clothes be clean? Have to admit the powder mix I was making lasts a lot longer, but I am mad that I keep on finding new allergies, and chemicals will be worse 'cause they are in everything, and disposable gloves are only good for cleaning house, not clothes and body, HA!

I am allergic to shampoos and soaps plus other items...I friend suggested it was the sulfate in soaps that caused me to itch. There are a few sulfate shampoos to pick from. I use them for body wash and my hairdresser said if you have a top loading washing machine that does not require special soap, you can use shampoo in the washer. I don't know how much of it needs to be diluted though, it may be on the net somewhere. My hairdresser is on vacation this week otherwise I would have called her. sorry....

Thank you. I will try Purex, I went back to Arm and Hammer Free, but, either I am now allergic to it, or the formula changed.

Didn't know Gain made a "free" version, but I do think they use the most fragrance of all. Being allergic to fragrances since I can remember, I can tell when anyone in my apartment building (or even neighboring buildings!) use it. A very nice aroma, but incredibly strong. (My downstairs neighbors use it, and all aromas come up here. Even the bad bathroom ones, gross. I just keep an air filter running and hope for the best.)

ETA: I am about to throw my slippers away, itching too bad. Think instead, I'll run them in a white vinegar wash and save some bucks on slippers. :) :tyou:

P.S.S. Guess you already learned Dove unscented soap and deodorant is not unscented. Don't buy them. You will have to remove them from your living space. I started making soap as Ivory is too drying now, and Dove Unscented is scented. Can't use baking soda for deodorant, it gets to over 100 degrees here, and I am in the menopausal stinky sweaty years. Sure Unscented is working for now with no allergic reactions.

Hey 21merc, I've been following your posts about soap sensitivites / allergies. Have you ever tried Dr. Bronner's pure Castile all in one soaps? They are all natural and come in various natural scents, i.e., peppermint, lavender, etc. Also, the liquid version can be diluted so goes a long way and can be used for everything. All I've ever used it for is as bath soap, but it can also be diluted and used for almost anything. In fact there are instructions on the website FAQ page as to the dilution rate for various uses. His soaps are only sold in health food / natural food type stores, at least that is where I see them.
FYI: http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/LS.htm
Oh, he also has a Baby / Sensitive skin line of soaps that are unscented. http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/SENSITIVE.htm

ETA: P.S., No, I do not own stock in this company, and no, this is not an infomercial :floorlaugh:

Mrs. Meyers also has very good, organic type soaps but I'm not sure if they're as pure has Dr. Bronner's. Anyway, just thought I'd throw this out there in case it might be of some help. :seeya:

---------
Hi Josie, sounds like some of the nuts over here! LOL..
There is no one in here. Its lonely.:seeya:

Oh, I'm surely not a nut, as I didn't put my tree up until the first week of November, :scared:. But I can say that so far it only has lights, no ornaments, yet ( I will be doing that tomorrow, :wink: ).

I also have lighted greenery on my fireplace mantels, and several small trees with lights throughout the rest of my house. Ok, I really am a nut, :floorlaugh:

What it is, you see, is that these short, dark days reek havoc on my mental state of mind. Also, we have a lot of cloudy days this time of year. I have seasonal affective disorder, among other things :rolleyes: , so believe it or not, all those tiny little twinkle lights help me to keep my sanity, they are part of my therapy. I actually will keep some of them up throughout the winter. Yes, I know, I am a looney tune :floorlaugh:

Hey All, just strolling through before I have to go watch the grand kids.
We have our tree up also. We put it up Friday, and it has been a tradition to put our tree up by Thanksgiving. I actually use to start putting it up the morning of, while dinner was cooking and before company arrived, while watching the Thanksgiving Day parade and drinking a glass of vino. I don't know how I did that. I also love the lights on the tree. It just adds warmth and a calming atmosphere to the room.
The littlest grand baby was here yesterday and was just fascinated by the tree and all the ornaments. We just have to watch her carefully, as most of our ornaments are glass.
Years ago, when we put the tree downstairs, we left it up for 2 years. Yes, I said 2 years. We would take the ornaments off, leave the lights and the kids would decorate it in themes according to the holidays. For-instance, construction paper chains and lots of hearts on Valentines day. Then they would light it on the 4th of July. Nice memories.

Hey All, just strolling through before I have to go watch the grand kids.
We have our tree up also. We put it up Friday, and it has been a tradition to put our tree up by Thanksgiving. I actually use to start putting it up the morning of, while dinner was cooking and before company arrived, while watching the Thanksgiving Day parade and drinking a glass of vino. I don't know how I did that. I also love the lights on the tree. It just adds warmth and a calming atmosphere to the room.
The littlest grand baby was here yesterday and was just fascinated by the tree and all the ornaments. We just have to watch her carefully, as most of our ornaments are glass.
Years ago, when we put the tree downstairs, we left it up for 2 years. Yes, I said 2 years. We would take the ornaments off, leave the lights and the kids would decorate it in themes according to the holidays. For-instance, construction paper chains and lots of hearts on Valentines day. Then they would light it on the 4th of July. Nice memories.

I've heard of people doing that, decorating the tree year round. I think it's a really cool thing to do and have contemplated it myself. Then I decided I didn't want to decorate it and undecorate it several times a year and backed out of it. But if I still had young ones at home....... Oh well, maybe when / if I have grand kids, loll .

What thoughtful and loving parents!

I always felt sorry for people with birthdays around Christmas as the birthday gets overshadowed. My sister's was Jan. 3, and while my mom made every holiday a big deal (and my DD was telling me how much she appreciated it and incorporates it with her family now), I think we all knew her birthday party seemed lame in comparison to the largess of Christmas. She still enjoyed them anyway.

Happy early Birthday! :loveyou:

my sons first birthday is on december 11th. it was really hard trying to figure out which gifts would be for birthday, which for xmas. Hubby and i decided that on the kids bdays they will each get 3 gifts from us so that it's fair. My reasoning is, Jesus got 3 gifts on his birthday (does this mean i only have to give them 3 for xmas too?haha i wish).

Good Day everyone. My DD is a redhead with fair freckled skin. She has gotten better with skin allergies as she got older, but it used to be horrible when she was young. I used to wash her clothes separately with baby shampoo when she was young, double rinse and use a unscented dryer sheet, but I would use the dryer sheets after they were used already in a previous load so they weren't as strong. I always use dryer sheets on more than 1 load, usually twice.

When my kids were small I left Xmas lights up year round around the ceilings and my kids always just called them "magic lights". This year when I put up the lights I plan on leaving them year round in my spare bedroom that my grandsons use when they are at my house and call them magic lights too.

Just wondering if tomorrow, the 26th, is another hearing for CMJA? Maybe they will set a date for trial. Anyone know or has anyone heard?

Just wondering if tomorrow, the 26th, is another hearing for CMJA? Maybe they will set a date for trial. Anyone know or has anyone heard?

I have not heard but it that sure would be nice to have a date set.
I doubt it will happen.

I have not heard but it that sure would be nice to have a date set.
I doubt it will happen.

Hi Kensie,
I don't comment often but I come here and read all the posts. :)
I thought I remembered at the last hearing, that another date was set for arguments of November 26th. I don't remember the topic but I know there was one item not yet decided by the judge.
It is noticeable how many people are no longer interested in this case. It will be a good day when the retrial for punishment is over. Memory of CMJA will be long gone.
Hope you have great Thanksgiving. It's my favorite day. I think you are a Texas girl right? I was born and raised in East Texas. Family still there but we do love Indiana. Supposed to snow tomorrow. Would love a warm day about now.

Hi Kensie,
I thought I remembered at the last hearing, that another date was set for arguments of November 26th. I don't remember the topic but I know there was one item not yet decided by the judge.
It is noticeable how many people are no longer interested in this case. It will be a good day when the retrial for punishment is over. Memory of CMJA will be long gone.
Hope you have great Thanksgiving. It's my favorite day. I think you are a Texas girl right? I was born and raised in East Texas. Family still there but we do love Indiana. Supposed to snow tomorrow. Would love a warm day about now.

The wingnuts are still out there, but the interest has definitely died down.

Judge still has to rule on the twitter motion and it looks like there is one motion under seal.

I do want this chick sentenced and sent away to Perryville. She is one twisted individual.

I've gone back and listened to her testimony over the past few days and also watched her interviews after the guilty verdict. Time had somehow made me forget what a repulsive liar she is...she lies so much that she cannot and will not stick to one story. It will be very, very dangerous for Nurmi to put her on the stand again, as she will get nailed by Martinez for lying. Big time. You can bet that Martinez will have someone reviewing transcripts against her testimony ready to pounce.

Lock her up and throw away the key.

Hi Kensie,

Thanks.. I live in AL but I did live in TX when I was 12. I like thanksgiving too.

The wingnuts are still out there, but the interest has definitely died down.

Judge still has to rule on the twitter motion and it looks like there is one motion under seal.

I do want this chick sentenced and sent away to Perryville. She is one twisted individual.

I've gone back and listened to her testimony over the past few days and also watched her interviews after the guilty verdict. Time had somehow made me forget what a repulsive liar she is...she lies so much that she cannot and will not stick to one story. It will be very, very dangerous for Nurmi to put her on the stand again, as she will get nailed by Martinez for lying. Big time. You can bet that Martinez will have someone reviewing transcripts against her testimony ready to pounce.

Lock her up and throw away the key.

gcharlie,
It will come. They will lock her up and all of us will move on to another case and our own lives. I just hope the keepers of the keys, so to speak, prevent her from tweeting or writing a book or causing Travis' family more harm.

You are one brave soul. I could not stand to go back and watch her testimony. I found myself angry every day she testified because she was trying to outsmart Juan and look so brilliant when she was a plain idiot.

I hope the prosecution will come back at her with full force this time and anyone who tries to testify for her. There are so many inconsistencies and strange things about her testimony. I wonder if JSS will limit or prevent some testimony. IMO, since she has been found guilty of aggravated murder, JSS should not give her or her defense any leeway at all.

I wonder what motion is under seal? And regarding twitter, the defense should not have the right to ask jurors to close their accounts or let the defense monitor them. She is guilty and She admitted her guilt. Just get on with it already.

Thanks.. I live in AL but I did live in TX when I was 12. I like thanksgiving too.

Ah, when we drive to Texas we take I 65 down through Alabama and it is incredibly beautiful! You guys have had a rough few years of tornadoes though. We always enjoyed the gulf coast in Alabama. My son lives in Georgia.

Ah, when we drive to Texas we take I 65 down through Alabama and it is incredibly beautiful! You guys have had a rough few years of tornadoes though. We always enjoyed the gulf coast in Alabama. My son lives in Georgia.

I lived in TX at college station and my brother used to live at Warner Robbins, GA.

gcharlie,
It will come. They will lock her up and all of us will move on to another case and our own lives. I just hope the keepers of the keys, so to speak, prevent her from tweeting or writing a book or causing Travis' family more harm.

You are one brave soul. I could not stand to go back and watch her testimony. I found myself angry every day she testified because she was trying to outsmart Juan and look so brilliant when she was a plain idiot.

I hope the prosecution will come back at her with full force this time and anyone who tries to testify for her. There are so many inconsistencies and strange things about her testimony. I wonder if JSS will limit or prevent some testimony. IMO, since she has been found guilty of aggravated murder, JSS should not give her or her defense any leeway at all.

I wonder what motion is under seal? And regarding twitter, the defense should not have the right to ask jurors to close their accounts or let the defense monitor them. She is guilty and She admitted her guilt. Just get on with it already.
-----------
I could swear I read somewhere the Judge ruled against her reading the jurors tweets. Now maybe I dreamed it, always possible.:floorlaugh: She said more than once the only way she'd accept a plea is if it came with LWP.. Thats not going to happen. I also hope JM. can open it all up! in comparison to the MacNeill trial this one holds too much back. The people have a right to know about the person on trial.:moo: I hope it gets going soon.:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89