SIDEBAR #22- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Maricopa County Superior Court, his latest motion was filed on 1/17/2014.

Filing Date = 1/17/2014
Description = MTD - Motion To Dismiss
Docket Date = 1/17/2014
NOTE: MOTION TO DISMISS DEATH; CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT

How many times can this be argued?

There were indications that Dr. Karp's "health" was the reason for the postponement of the trial from October to January. IMO Dr. Karp "declined" to perpetuate the lies of CMJA and would not subject herself to perjury. Dr. Karp is well published and well regarded, and was not about to risk everything she has worked for. JM brought her up. I didn't recall the defense doing much of that. Hmmmm :seeya:

Wasn't one of the health issuies related to her original female atty?

There were indications that Dr. Karp's "health" was the reason for the postponement of the trial from October to January. IMO Dr. Karp "declined" to perpetuate the lies of CMJA and would not subject herself to perjury. Dr. Karp is well published and well regarded, and was not about to risk everything she has worked for. JM brought her up. I didn't recall the defense doing much of that. Hmmmm :seeya:

Since I work for attorneys, one that specialize in Capital Murder defense, I can tell you Zuri is correct with this statement. And, being that it is all falling under legal issues, this is the polite way to remove with both the medical and legal community agreeing, the more diplomatic way of saying no way, and, of course, it is all in writing for the record. Happens frequently and leaves defense attorneys telling clients the truth, along with the overwhelming evidence, they may as well plea. But, those that have a few hundred Capital Murder cases under their belt know, and the clients still think another attorney, another doctor is better b/c Law and Order told them so. Heh, they must not have grown up with Alfred Hitchcock on t.v..

How many times can this be argued?

As many times as needed. The Death Penalty is much fought against in the U.S. as it should be. We are one of the few Countries that respects life, even if it does not seem that way, and our Country does try to excel in human understanding.

If the Death Penalty was not on the table, CMJA would already be sentenced to Life in Prison, hopefully No Parole (don't know about that State if they still offer Parole for Life on a Murder charge), and it would all be over and done with.

Wasn't one of the health issuies related to her original female atty?

I believe the attorney had a conflict of interest. She was also representing Matt. At least that is the way I remember it. jmo

General chat.

I don't have that many shoes, that picture freaked me out!!!

Traveling. I loved it when I was younger. Cannot take it now. Flying is HORRID!!! No matter where. Packing, heh, I take 2 outfits, one that I am wearing and is interchangeable. One pair of shoes. I ask in advance if I need what I call work clothes, fancy restaurant. If I do, I wear it on the plane. I am fortunate that I am okay with telling people "No" to anything but my DD getting married, other than that, no weddings, no funerals, no nothing out of town.

I don't even take makeup and hairspray. I go as I am. I take my own soap, as I need no fragrance no etc...I take pajamas, I wear an outfit, I take an extra, and extra underclothes. Same shoes must work for all. We will all stay at home, or go somewhere simple like the grocers or WalMart/Target.

My DD understands, I'm not on a cruise looking for people and if I was - I'd still bring the same. I Yam what I Yam. Too old, too tired, too poor, too much ME. :P

I believe it was Dr. Karp that also evaluated Marissa DeVault who is reported to have been friends with Jodi in jail. From what little is reported it appears the two women had remarkably similar experiences with both domestic violence and child abuse. MD's trial starts February 5th.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...er-trial-jury-selection-begins-this-week.html

Will they (attorneys) ask if people know anything about this trial and find someone who has lived in the wilderness since this started , or will they ask if they have formed an opinion already? I just wonder if the DP plays a part in how the jury is chosen. I know they have to be agreeable to apply the DP, but not sure on the other parts since this is a retrial. (sorta)

Since the states where the death penalty is an option are having trouble getting Pentobarbital, and the reports of the most recent execution that was nothing short of a disaster, Nurmi may indeed be successful. For years, I was a DP proponent, however because the length of time between conviction and execution is so long, I no longer think it is reasonable. If the same restrictions could be placed on criminals like CMJA that are placed on Death Row inmates, I could live with that. JMV

Since the states where the death penalty is an option are having trouble getting Pentobarbital, and the reports of the most recent execution that was nothing short of a disaster, Nurmi may indeed be successful. For years, I was a DP proponent, however because the length of time between conviction and execution is so long, I no longer think it is reasonable. If the same restrictions could be placed on criminals like CMJA that are placed on Death Row inmates, I could live with that. JMV

I agree. I personally want ja to pay for an appeal. Arizona has paid enough. Jmo

Side note: when we have to put down our pets why is the decision so hard and when you know its right feel so bad? Had to put my little pug Zoey down today--been rough!:tantrum: she was a very independent girl--you had to earn her friendship!! Hurting

Will they (attorneys) ask if people know anything about this trial and find someone who has lived in the wilderness since this started , or will they ask if they have formed an opinion already? I just wonder if the DP plays a part in how the jury is chosen. I know they have to be agreeable to apply the DP, but not sure on the other parts since this is a retrial. (sorta)

Yes. The first question asked, at this point, is if the jurors are aware of the case, then how they feel about the case = guilty or not guilty, if those jurors have heard about the case.

Next question is how they feel about the Death Penalty. If jurors can say yes or no to Death Penalty.

That weeds out quite a few before further questioning and observation goes on.

Side note: I find it odd that a certain case some of us followed hired a team of juror watchers (cost that State millions) when a good attorney (that the defendant didn't really have until the end and lot of text messages since it went world observation) happened.

Short of that. Few defendants, be it murder or even simple traffic, get a good attorney. It is the draw of the cards. But, I do think CMJA got lucky, as annoying it is to listen or watch, they do their job, with clarity. I can tell you, not all attorneys can do that. Forgive them for the sighs, the trying to cover their behinds, the picking of noses, but, they have done a good job in a clear cut case.

Sort of like your doc via bad insurance telling you that shingles is from "kissing and stuff". Do not dumb down your audience. They already know. ;)

I agree. I personally want ja to pay for an appeal. Arizona has paid enough. Jmo

Side note: when we have to put down our pets why is the decision so hard and when you know its right feel so bad? Had to put my little pug Zoey down today--been rough!:tantrum: she was a very independent girl--you had to earn her friendship!! Hurting

Awww Zoey, I'm so sorry for you. :(

Since I work for attorneys, one that specialize in Capital Murder defense, I can tell you Zuri is correct with this statement. And, being that it is all falling under legal issues, this is the polite way to remove with both the medical and legal community agreeing, the more diplomatic way of saying no way, and, of course, it is all in writing for the record. Happens frequently and leaves defense attorneys telling clients the truth, along with the overwhelming evidence, they may as well plea. But, those that have a few hundred Capital Murder cases under their belt know, and the clients still think another attorney, another doctor is better b/c Law and Order told them so. Heh, they must not have grown up with Alfred Hitchcock on t.v..

As many times as needed. The Death Penalty is much fought against in the U.S. as it should be. We are one of the few Countries that respects life, even if it does not seem that way, and our Country does try to excel in human understanding.

If the Death Penalty was not on the table, CMJA would already be sentenced to Life in Prison, hopefully No Parole (don't know about that State if they still offer Parole for Life on a Murder charge), and it would all be over and done with.

BBM

If the jury can't handle it this go-round, JSKS gets discretion to sentence the lying torture murderess to life with or without the possibility of parole after 25 years. That is the only sentencing latitude she has.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I disagree strongly regarding the death penalty.

Why?

There is but one thing which prevents JA from becoming a serial killer -- opportunity.

As carefully controlled as prisons are, guards and inmates are murdered within their walls.

The lying torture murderess will kill again -- if she survives long enough to make the opportunity.

And if she is unleashed upon society again -- God forbid -- it is only a matter of time before she resumes her murder spree.

Oh Zoey, I am so sorry about little Zoey. I had to do that a few years ago, and I never, ever want to make that decision again. My doggie girl was my best friend. Cannot tell you how long it took to get over it. Not sure I am still. My doggie suffered a bit, I knew but didn't know. When the Vet kept calling me, and talking, when I took my doggie, I already knew and I went into a deep depression. I've seen family and friends do the same.

It helped to talk about it. It was necessary, but it feels wrong while you know it is the best thing for the suffering. :grouphug:

Little Zoey is probably thankful, and you will dream of Little Zoey, and Little Zoey will be by your side, you will feel it. Little Zoey most likely thanks you, wish we could do the same for humans sometimes.

Happy Friday everyone! I'm SO crabby today, definitely have the "winter blahs."

Question....has reading cases on WS made you paranoid? It's definitely made me more aware of things. I live in an apartment complex and today called the property manager to report a car in the parking lot. It's been sitting there for almost a month, hasn't moved. It's backed in so you can't see the license plate (which stands out here because in Iowa you're required to have front and back plates), and it has a Michigan plate. It totally creeps me out!

Anyway, off to catch up. Hope everyone is well!:loveyou:

How many times can Nurmi say "3-hole wonder"?

Exactly -- about 8 dozen more than you thought he could.

Hehehe! Yep, he knew she was guilty, he was sick of listening to her crap, but his point was:

'That Man Couldn't Help But Keep Going There (meaning any hot blooded young man), 'Cause You All Know, A Man Dreams of Putting IT Everywhere. AND, When He Can, He Can't Stop Himself." Otherwise, read between the lines, the biatch butchered him, and she is trying to butcher my career and any other man that gets near her. Ha.

Still, they did a good job. Or you can say Wilmott did, or whomever, but it takes the team, and CMJA basically got slapped on the hand for suddenly knowing how to butcher other living beings in ways beyond what "butchering" originally meant.

This was some violent, brutal, most awful murder. Much beyond 156 screwdriver stabs, or several bullets, or even a few stabs. All she left out was burning at the stake. This murder was brutal, this murder was CMJA killing herself while killing her family while killing all she knew while still not killing CMJA. Hope that makes sense.

Happy Friday everyone! I'm SO crabby today, definitely have the "winter blahs."

Question....has reading cases on WS made you paranoid? It's definitely made me more aware of things. I live in an apartment complex and today called the property manager to report a car in the parking lot. It's been sitting there for almost a month, hasn't moved. It's backed in so you can't see the license plate (which stands out here because in Iowa you're required to have front and back plates), and it has a Michigan plate. It totally creeps me out!

Anyway, off to catch up. Hope everyone is well!:loveyou:

Wow! You are lucky that the property manager let you know.

I've never lived in a nice enough place for that, so I can't say if you should be overly paranoid or not. But, I always find being overly cautious and overly observant work well. Practice makes it a natural instinct. So, be that! Look inside the car before you get in or put the key in the door handle, front and back. Check around all your tires too, watch the air levels, and look for glass or nails, just in case.

BBM

If the jury can't handle it this go-round, JSKS gets discretion to sentence the lying torture murderess to life with or without the possibility of parole after 25 years. That is the only sentencing latitude she has.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I disagree strongly regarding the death penalty.

Why?

There is but one thing which prevents JA from becoming a serial killer -- opportunity.

As carefully controlled as prisons are, guards and inmates are murdered within their walls.

The lying torture murderess will kill again -- if she survives long enough to make the opportunity.

And if she is unleashed upon society again -- God forbid -- it is only a matter of time before she resumes her murder spree.

Regarding CMJA killing again, I fully agree. I know she will. No doubt in my mind.

Ands yes, the Judge can sentence her. The States vary on how the Judge can override Death Penalty (usually reserved for very youthful offenders), but a Judge cannot give Death Penalty if the Jury decides against it.

I don't care which sentence CMJA gets. Just wish it wasn't costing so much to get a sentence for her. It is life or death for her. This is a clear cut case. Could've only cost a couple of grand if media didn't push it.

The cost is annoying, it's already beyond normal, into millions for Arizona. That might not mean much to anyone, but, if you have seen what happens to say Detroit, Chicago, etc... Cities in debt and declaring bankruptcy, it means a lot to all of the United States, eventually since we cannot grow our own food, or have our own land anymore, it is frightening and an entirely different topic, but these cases expose some money issues....

Hehehe! Yep, he knew she was guilty, he was sick of listening to her crap, but his point was:

'That Man Couldn't Help But Keep Going There (meaning any hot blooded young man), 'Cause You All Know, A Man Dreams of Putting IT Everywhere. AND, When He Can, He Can't Stop Himself." Otherwise, read between the lines, the biatch butchered him, and she is trying to butcher my career and any other man that gets near her. Ha.

Still, they did a good job. Or you can say Wilmott did, or whomever, but it takes the team, and CMJA basically got slapped on the hand for suddenly knowing how to butcher other living beings in ways beyond what "butchering" originally meant.

This was some violent, brutal, most awful murder. Much beyond 156 screwdriver stabs, or several bullets, or even a few stabs. All she left out was burning at the stake. This murder was brutal, this murder was CMJA killing herself while killing her family while killing all she knew while still not killing CMJA. Hope that makes sense.

---------

I agree. I hope she burns in he!! for what she did. Yes she would do it again.
She didnt even deserve Nurmi and Wilmott.IMO.:seeya:

BBM

Well and insightfully put...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members