SIDEBAR #23- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is in the 70's today and I feel so bad for those of you enduring the awful winter that has come your way. It should pass soon I hope. :heartbeat:

It is in the 70's today and I feel so bad for those of you enduring the awful winter that has come your way. It should pass soon I hope. :heartbeat:

It was 65 here. Beautiful sunshine. I put my plants out because it's only going down to about 52 tonight. But 70's tomorrow and in mid 60's the rest of the week until that cool snap comes back. Enjoy why we can. LOL

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but do there seem to be a lot of injuries and athletes falling in the Olympics this year?

I think so, too, especially in the snow. I haven't seen it snowing and it's more like an ice/snow mix. It sounds too crunchy to me to be snow. IMO

I also think the half pipe wasn't in great condition and they should do it over!

Of course I haven't had much experience with snow at all.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but do there seem to be a lot of injuries and athletes falling in the Olympics this year?

Hasn't been ideal conditions. To warm. Even athletes have complained

The conditions in Sochi are not exactly prime.
Because it is not a "cold weather" city they have made a lot of the snow (they even had saved some from other places and warehoused it there).
For the skiers and snowboarders, who are for the most part the ones being hurt, it makes it really tough. A lot of times it is almost pure ice out there. This morning it was actually raining and THEN turned to snow, the visibilaty was awful and the course was a mess.
They even had to cancel events yesterday due to fog!

Where is everyone?

We need some fun here.

First, some cuteness:

Sleeping Dancing Kitty - YouTube
-----------------------------------------

And, some funnies:

Crumpled

With a very seductive voice the woman asked her husband, "Have you

ever seen Twenty Dollars all crumpled up

"No," said her husband.

She gave him a sexy little smile, unbuttoned the top 3 or 4 buttons of

her blouse, and slowly reached down into the cleavage created by a soft,

silky push-up bra, and pulled out a crumpled Twenty Dollar bill.

He took the crumpled Twenty Dollar bill from her and smiled

approvingly.

She then asked him, "Have you ever seen Fifty Dollars all crumpled

up?"

"Uh... no, I haven't," he said, with an anxious tone in his voice.

She gave him another sexy little smile, pulled up her skirt, and

seductively reached into her tight, sheer panties... and pulled out a

crumpled Fifty Dollar bill.

He took the crumpled Fifty Dollar bill, and started breathing a little

quicker with anticipation.

"Now," she said, "have you ever seen $50,000 Dollars all crumpled up?"

"No way!" he said, while obviously becoming even more aroused and

excited, to which she replied.....

"Go look in the garage."
---------------------------
Phone Call

Phone rings, woman answers.

The pervert, with heavy breathing, says, "I bet you have a tight arse with no

hair?"

Woman replies, "Yes, he's watching the football - who shall I say is calling?"
-------------------------------
My New Travel Plans

I been in many places, but I've never been in Cahoots. Apparently, you can't

go alone.

You have to be in Cahoots with someone.

I've also never been in Cognito. I hear no one recognizes you there.

I have, however, been in Sane. They don't have an airport; you have to be

driven there.

I have made several trips there, thanks to my children, friends, family and

work.

I would like to go to Conclusions, but you have to jump, and I'm not too much

on physical activity anymore.

I have also been in Doubt. That is a sad place to go, and I try not to visit

there too often.

I've been in Flexible, but only when it was very important to stand firm.

Sometimes I'm in Capable, and I go there more often as I'm getting older.

One of my favorite places to be is in Suspense! It really gets the adrenalin

flowing and pumps up the old heart!

At my age I need all the stimuli I can get!

I may have been in Continent, and I don't remember what country I was in.

It's an age thing.

They tell me it is very wet and damp there.
-----------------------------
Vacation Advice

Billy Bob and Luther were talking one afternoon when Billy Bob tells Luther,

"Yawl know, I reckon I'm 'bout ready for a vacation.

Only this year I'm gonna do it different.

The last few years, I took your advice about where to go."

"Three years ago you said to go to Hawaii. I went to Hawaii and Earlene got

pregnant.

Then two years ago, you told me to go to the Bahamas, and Earlene got

pregnant again.

Last year you suggested Tahiti and darned if Earlene didn't get pregnant

again."

Luther asks Billy Bob, "So, what you gonna do this year that's different?"

"I'm taking Earlene with me."
--------------------------
TAKING A WOMAN TO BED

What is the difference between girls/women aged 8, 18, 28, 38, 48, 58, 68,

and 78?

At 8
You take her to bed and tell her a story

At 18
You tell her a story and take her to bed

At 28
You don't need to tell her a story to take her to bed

At 38
She tells you a story and takes you to bed

At 48
She tells you a story to avoid going to bed

At 58
You stay in bed to avoid her story

At 68
If you take her to bed, that'll be a story

At 78
What story? What bed?

Who the hell are you?
---------------------------
The King's daughter

Once upon a time there lived a King.

The King had a beautiful daughter, the Princess..

But there was a problem. Everything the princess touched would melt. No

matter what. Metal. Wood. Stone. Anything she touched would melt. Because

of this, men were afraid of her. Nobody would dare marry her.

The King despaired. What could he do to help his daughter? He consulted his

wizards and magicians.

One wizard told the King, 'If your daughter touches one thing that does not

melt in her hands, she will be cured.'

The King was overjoyed and came up with a plan.

The next day, he held a competition. Any man that could bring his daughter

an object that would not melt would marry her and inherit the King's wealth.

THREE YOUNG PRINCES TOOK UP THE CHALLENGE.

The first brought a sword of the finest steel.

But alas, when the Princess touched it, it melted. The prince went away sadly .
The second prince brought diamonds. He thought diamonds are the hardest

substance in the world and would not melt. But alas, once the Princess

touched them, they melted. He, too, was sent away disappointed.

The third prince approached. He told the Princess, 'Put your hand in my

pocket and feel what is in there.'

The Princess did as she was told, though she turned red. She felt something

hard. She held it in her hand. And it did not melt!!!

The King was overjoyed. Everybody in the kingdom was overjoyed.

And the third Prince married the Princess and they both lived happily ever

after.

Question: What was in the Prince's pants?

M&M's, of course.

They melt in your mouth, not in your hand.

What were you thinking??

I WORRY ABOUT YOU'ALL SOMETIMES!!!
-----------------------------

And funny songs:

[video=youtube;wfpL6_0OBuA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfpL6_0OBuA[/video]

She Only *****es When She Breathes (Funny Country Song) - YouTube

:seeya:

Well, he didn't think he did fine :sigh:

He forgot to take his ADD medication and he felt he messed up two of the three questions they asked him- "why he wants to attend their college" and one question about "diversity".

We talked about his group interview (14 other candidates- interviewed by the college admissions officer and an alumni) after he came out. I just knew something was wrong. He only wanted to talk about it briefly because he was so upset, but I kept pressing because I thought he might forget what happened at the interview. He needed to talk about it and let it all out, IMO.

I thought he did well with the question about "diversity" and his volunteer experience, but not so well on the "why their college" part. (and we talked and reviewed his reasons for 2 weeks :sigh:). I know him- he fumbles when he is very nervous and maybe he didn't come across as confident as he should have and didn't say what he really wanted to say.

The interview was suppose to take 1 1/2 hours, but because there were so many candidates, the interview lasted over 2 hours and seemed rushed to my son (and he was the second to speak).

My son felt inadequate because all the other candidates had much more experience (work and volunteer) than he did. Some spent field work in Africa, did research and co-published papers, attended conferences, etc. Because of his ADD, he couldn't volunteer/work and get good grades at the same time.
He doesn't want to bring up his ADD (which is a disability in school's eyes). He also said that everyone sounded very confident when they spoke.

He also said that the boys/men dressed more formally than he did (he wore khaki's and a button down white polo shirt)- some wore suits or shirts with ties. I thought he looked fine just as he was- after all, this wasn't a job interview where a suit is sort-of mandatory.

I think his standards for his self are so rigid (in his mind) on what is appropriate and what is not (he's really a great person, IMO) and he doesn't give his self a break- why I don't know because I don't ever expect perfection from him or anyone.

The college has 44 openings to fill and 2 more interview dates and they said they would let everyone know in the beginning of March who would be accepted.

He also said that the hour ride to the college was tedious (but he thought that was probably because he didn't take his pill).

I cried on the ride home, but didn't let him see. He was very agitated.

So now we wait. :sigh:

:(

Oh, YorN, this reminds me much of my son. He was also labeled as ADD at an early age. I helped him endlessly throughout his early years of schooling. He just had problems with sticking to things, you know ? Then, it ended up with me homeschooling him through his high school years because he hated school so much, lol. But then afterward, he made it just fine through junior college, then finished his Bachelors at the University as well. These kids like him are so smart, they just don't fit into the "cookie cutter" mold that the schools try to place them in. Shame on them is all I can say... it is easier for them to label anyone who doesn't fit into their "mold" . Ok, I won't get on my soap box, lol. Anyway, he thought he wanted to pursue his masters degree, but then decided that "that" was too boring and tedious and discovered it wasn't what he really wanted. So he now works with his father in the family business, and is thriving. He seems to have found his niche . I know your son will as well. :seeya:

This is my favorite one.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=n70vAulsh6I

We grew up with music, it was always on. I almost missed meeting a very special lady one night when I went with my mother to an Oral Roberts revival. Came home and met Pasty Cline. My mother played the piano, my father the guitar, and she sang. It was wonderful. I remember them crying when we heard she'd died.

Patsy Cline - Walkin' After Midnight - YouTube

This was the best music to dance and clean house to. My DH loved to watch me clean.

70's Disco Fever To 20 Songs - YouTube

Neesaki dogs are God's angels. I was in a bad place about seven years ago, and my little girl stayed with me, by me and would put her paw on me and look into my eyes. I told her then she was one of His angels and thanked her for taking care of me. Ms.MonaLou and her brother Sport, will be nine in April, I don't even want to think of either one of them gone. She sleeps next to me with her head on my pillow. She forgets she's a dog sometimes.

Anna has a big ole girl and Eva has watched over her many times. Anna is bi polar and Eva knows when she needs help. She talks like Lurch on the Adams Family, and will come find my husband or me when she thinks Anna needs help or someone around. I babysit her everyday when Anna's at work ,and during the day on weekends she comes over to play. She'll be happy to be back at grandma's.

Anna and I were eating Chinese in her bedroom one night and MonaLou went to her bowl, got a mouth full of food, came back, put it on the floor and "ate" with us.

How was your trip?

I agree, Bendpages. Dogs are God's angels. :angel:

My trip was great, we so did not want to come home, lol. Thanks for asking. Still lovin' the music, girl .... :seeya:

I agree, Bendpages. Dogs are God's angels. :angel:

My trip was great, we so did not want to come home, lol. Thanks for asking. Still lovin' the music, girl .... :seeya:

It's a shame so many boys are "labeled" because they don't fit. My grandson told me he wished everyone would stop treating him as normal because he wasn't like them.
He's been in a charter school the last three years and it has taken a load of stress off both of us. They get to listen to their iPod's and he says it helps to concentrate, and go at their own pace. I figure he'll finish school when he's fifty LOL.

He hates Valentines day because it's also his birthday and thinks people are making fun of him.

10,000 Maniacs (with Natalie Merchant) - Because The Night - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VQ_Wqtnlv4U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gXnDGEM2oOg&
list=RD6zpYFAzhAZY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2w0HArmTuVs&list=RD6zpYFAzhAZY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0PjLkB7BlpA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jORFcH5uAjM

:dunno:

"Case Documents
Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
2/19/2014 081 - ME: Trial Vacated - Party (001) 2/19/2014
2/18/2014 MCO - Motion To Continue - Party (001) 2/18/2014
NOTE: MOTION TO CONTINUE EVIDENTIARY HEARING SCHEDULED FOR FEBRUARY 19, 2014"

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.g...rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021

Looks like we will be waiting a long time (possibly summer?) I think this means the March date is cancelled until after Mr Martinez's other death penalty trial is concluded. That is scheduled for May. Also, JM was not in court due to his medical leave. I hope he will be well.

found this, which gives more details:
http://www.azcentral.com/community/...ide-due-conflicting-trial.html?nclick_check=1

Tuesday’s hearing was intended to resolve any possible conflict between the two cases. Martinez, who is on medical leave for undisclosed reasons, attended the hearing via telephone

I cannot confirm this, but discussion on the Juan Martinez Support Page (Facebook) sounds like JA grandfather died in the last few days.... ??

Was it OK to post this here?

I cannot confirm this, but discussion on the Juan Martinez Support Page (Facebook) sounds like JA grandfather died in the last few days.... ??

Was it OK to post this here?

I noticed that also, but since there wasn't anything to validate it in the news, I didn't post it.
The killer :jail: wouldn't be able to attend his funeral, if he indeed died, I think.
What a shame and a waste that she just had to murder Travis.
Now she really doesn't have a life.

Hi everyone! :wave:

Great jokes, YesorNo! Going to share them with my other "imaginary" friends!! LOL!

No, I don't believe JA :jail: will be leaving the jail for her GF's funeral... Had she not gone crazy and killed Travis, she might have!

Had a "Joint Replacement" class before my hip surgery yesterday at the hospital! Turns out my doctor will be doing an anterior surgery (coming in from the front) opposed to posterior; I will not have any rehab restrictions, i.e. I get to cross my legs, bend over! Looks like they start rehab the next day after surgery!! :eek: :silenced: :crazy:

Hope all is well with everyone!! No one else here but me.... :seeya:

Great jokes, YesorNo! Going to share them with my other "imaginary" friends!! LOL!

No, I don't believe JA :jail: will be leaving the jail for her GF's funeral... Had she not gone crazy and killed Travis, she might have!

Had a "Joint Replacement" class before my hip surgery yesterday at the hospital! Turns out my doctor will be doing an anterior surgery (coming in from the front) opposed to posterior; I will not have any rehab restrictions, i.e. I get to cross my legs, bend over! Looks like they start rehab the next day after surgery!! :eek: :silenced: :crazy:

When is your surgery, Niner?

Haven't been feeling well in the stomach, so I have not opened my laptop in the last few days but today I did. I went on my linkedin and this is what I saw/Connect with George A., Safety Director at Quinco Electrical....I know they put anyone out there to connect with but I found this creepy as I know this is the infamous Casey Anthonys father. Freaky, just to freaky

Oh, YorN, this reminds me much of my son. He was also labeled as ADD at an early age. I helped him endlessly throughout his early years of schooling. He just had problems with sticking to things, you know ? Then, it ended up with me homeschooling him through his high school years because he hated school so much, lol. But then afterward, he made it just fine through junior college, then finished his Bachelors at the University as well. These kids like him are so smart, they just don't fit into the "cookie cutter" mold that the schools try to place them in. Shame on them is all I can say... it is easier for them to label anyone who doesn't fit into their "mold" . Ok, I won't get on my soap box, lol. Anyway, he thought he wanted to pursue his masters degree, but then decided that "that" was too boring and tedious and discovered it wasn't what he really wanted. So he now works with his father in the family business, and is thriving. He seems to have found his niche . I know your son will as well. :seeya:

Your son is lucky that his father has a family business and he has found his niche.
I thought my son's school was very helpful with their diagnosis (presumed, at the time, but diagnosed by MDs later on). What they told me and tested my son for, was only what I suspected, but could never convince my husband- that there was something wrong with our son. I really appreciated the help from them. He doesn't fit in the "mold"- he is "special" and there's nothing wrong with that. It's just harder for my son to "get it together". He does need help and I appreciated any help I could get, then, and now. It's hard to be "different" in this world.

Thanks for your sentiments, neesaki and I'm glad your son is thriving. :seeya:

Good luck with your surgery, Niner. :crossfingers:

How long will you be in the hospital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads