Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
YEsorNO:

As for your son's reaction to the **very** good news. I wonder if his attitude is a cover for anxiety that he might fail? If so, that's pretty normal. (Although who can interpret the behaviour of the young male of the species?! When I watch my son and his male friends, I often feel like Dian Fossey.)

BBM. The perfect description, Becky!!!! :floorlaugh:

My son definitely has a big fear of failure. Wish I knew what I could do about it. No amount of success seems to help. But he's doing well in this program (learning to be a surgical tech) -- seems like time is taking care of some of it at least.

ETA: I never watch the Oscars but do check out the dresses the next day. I really liked Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock's gowns.

No Oscars for me, my son and I watched "Walking Dead", then "Talking Dead", then "True Detective" (which is an AMAZING show, if you have not watched it yet, you need to!!).

Glad Matthew Mc. won best actor, he has really been impressing me the last couple years.

Zuri, hope you get better soon :(

When I checked my email this AM, there was something about Kim Novak. I clicked on it because I thought that maybe she had died- she's 81 after all.
Well, I was so furious when I read that when Ms. Novak presented the movie "Frozen", Twitter went crazy about her appearance.

I'm really disgusted with how these people reacted to how she looked.

She IS 81 years old, people (and I say that with much sarcasm), has battled mental illness, cancer and suffered a terrible horse riding accident!!!

What is up with the people who have disrespected her on Twitter? :banghead:

I'd like to see how they will look when they are 81- if they live that long!

I can't imagine how she is feeling this AM- poor thing, but I hope she just
thumbs her nose at all of them.

Keep your GD Tweets to yourself- you mean, small-minded, unkind people!!! You're all pitiful!!

Some Twitter tweets here:

http://nypost.com/2014/03/02/twitter-erupts-over-kim-novaks-stiff-speech/

Unbelievable!!!!

That's one reason I don't really care for Twitter. Old fashioned neighborhood gossip and bashing is more than enough without this viral twittering thing. I know, I'm old fashioned, lol. :wink:

I saw in some of the articles that many of the comments on Ms. Novak were concerning all the plastic surgery and face work she's had done, similar to Joan Rivers. I saw her on TCM a while back doing an interview with Robert Osborn and didn't even recognize her. Well, as you say, she is 81 and just trying the only thing she can do.

I honestly see women in the area that I live that are doing the same thing, and they're not near 81, they're in their 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's. Their faces are doughy and puffy and look frozen, don't move when they talk. Why they want to look like a store mannequin or a blow up doll is beyond me. :scared: I mean, I'm all for self-improvement, but some are taking it too far. It really does become a dependence since Botox and the various Fillers that are used have to be done every three months or so or their wrinkles will reappear. Can you imagine the fear, looking young and wrinkle free one day, then almost overnight you've become old again? :scared: Of course the promoters, aka doctors, have found a new niche, a path to easy wealth without the worry of insurance or Obamacare. :facepalm: Ok, I'll get off of my soapbox now, :giggle:

And forget about Ms. Novak, what's up with Matthew McGonahey, I didn't think he was that old, but he looks like a dried up, weazened old man. I hope he isn't ill. :(

Hi everybody
I have been really ill. I thought I turned the corner, but no. Started out as a viral asthmatic bronchitis and is now bilateral lobar pneumonia. I can't breathe. So just reading here and staying quiet.

Thanks for keeping me company.

Oh my goodness, Zuri. I'm sorry you're so sick. Please take care of yourself. :hug:

The weather center lied. The cold front came through at three this morning. We have ice on the deck and sidewalks. I hope school is closed in the morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vOh0XnKhpW0

You're right, Texas weather is schizophrenic, Saturday was in the 70's, then by Sunday morning it had dropped 40 degrees. Sleeted all day, and got down to 19 last night. The roads are iced over and the interstate was actually closed this morning. Anyway, I hate it because I am essentially stranded, only because my husband took my all wheel drive car and left me his rear wheel drive pick up, which I'm not about to get out in with the roads like this. :facepalm:

I watched TCM movies over the weekend, should have waited til today. At least I still have a few good ones recorded, lol.

Oh, YesorNo, did you know Les Miserables is on today starring our Frederick March ? :heartbeat:

When I checked my email this AM, there was something about Kim Novak. I clicked on it because I thought that maybe she had died- she's 81 after all.
Well, I was so furious when I read that when Ms. Novak presented the movie "Frozen", Twitter went crazy about her appearance.

I'm really disgusted with how these people reacted to how she looked.

She IS 81 years old, people (and I say that with much sarcasm), has battled mental illness, cancer and suffered a terrible horse riding accident!!!

What is up with the people who have disrespected her on Twitter? :banghead:

I'd like to see how they will look when they are 81- if they live that long!

I can't imagine how she is feeling this AM- poor thing, but I hope she just
thumbs her nose at all of them.

Keep your GD Tweets to yourself- you mean, small-minded, unkind people!!! You're all pitiful!!

Some Twitter tweets here:

http://nypost.com/2014/03/02/twitter-erupts-over-kim-novaks-stiff-speech/

Unbelievable!!!!

-----------

Thanks YesorNo! we may not look too good at 81, I speak for myself. I am almost 82 and have earned every wrinkle I have just by living. Sometimes life sucks, the tweeters better get used to it. Trust me it doesn't get better. Did you know I was hit by my cane? Very sore shin. Kids bought it so I wouldn't fall and hurt myself.:laughcry: The way some of the young ones act it'll be a miracle if they are here at 50.. Kim was always beautiful and a lady..:loveyou:

Glad you love MY Captain Gregg- after all, he was mine since I was a little girl- a hundred years ago :floorlaugh:

But- I mustn't be greedy.
You may have him for a while. :facepalm:

Now, you have to find a portrait of a sea captain for yourself. :floorlaugh:

Oh, YorN,Thank you for sharing him with me. Or, I can just pretend that he's all mine, I've done that all my life anyway, lol. :floorlaugh:

Oh my goodness, Zuri. I'm sorry you're so sick. Please take care of yourself. :hug:

---------------
Oh Zuri I am so sorry to hear this. Are you on an antibiotic? This is bad. Have you checked oxygen level? Please take care. Lobar is nothing to fool with, I had it. Weak as a cat! please take care. :loveyou::loveyou::loveyou:

PS. get a Combievent inhaler from Your Doctor..opens it right up. PLEASE!!

I think you're probably right, that there's a certain level of fear involved. My son is actually almost done with his program and is really enjoying it, so I don't know what the deal is with him. But he's never liked compliments much -- it seems to just be his personality.

I hope your son can get his essay written without driving you too nuts. Why is it again we decided to become parents?!

picture.php

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

BBM. The perfect description, Becky!!!! :floorlaugh:

My son definitely has a big fear of failure. Wish I knew what I could do about it. No amount of success seems to help. But he's doing well in this program (learning to be a surgical tech) -- seems like time is taking care of some of it at least.

ETA: I never watch the Oscars but do check out the dresses the next day. I really liked Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock's gowns.

picture.php

That's one reason I don't really care for Twitter. Old fashioned neighborhood gossip and bashing is more than enough without this viral twittering thing. I know, I'm old fashioned, lol. :wink:

I saw in some of the articles that many of the comments on Ms. Novak were concerning all the plastic surgery and face work she's had done, similar to Joan Rivers. I saw her on TCM a while back doing an interview with Robert Osborn and didn't even recognize her. Well, as you say, she is 81 and just trying the only thing she can do.

I honestly see women in the area that I live that are doing the same thing, and they're not near 81, they're in their 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's. Their faces are doughy and puffy and look frozen, don't move when they talk. Why they want to look like a store mannequin or a blow up doll is beyond me. :scared: I mean, I'm all for self-improvement, but some are taking it too far. It really does become a dependence since Botox and the various Fillers that are used have to be done every three months or so or their wrinkles will reappear. Can you imagine the fear, looking young and wrinkle free one day, then almost overnight you've become old again? :scared: Of course the promoters, aka doctors, have found a new niche, a path to easy wealth without the worry of insurance or Obamacare. :facepalm: Ok, I'll get off of my soapbox now, :giggle:

And forget about Ms. Novak, what's up with Matthew McGonahey, I didn't think he was that old, but he looks like a dried up, weazened old man. I hope he isn't ill. :(

BBM He lost a lot of weight for that last movie he was in (can't remember the name of the movie).

You're right, Texas weather is schizophrenic, Saturday was in the 70's, then by Sunday morning it had dropped 40 degrees. Sleeted all day, and got down to 19 last night. The roads are iced over and the interstate was actually closed this morning. Anyway, I hate it because I am essentially stranded, only because my husband took my all wheel drive car and left me his rear wheel drive pick up, which I'm not about to get out in with the roads like this. :facepalm:

I watched TCM movies over the weekend, should have waited til today. At least I still have a few good ones recorded, lol.

Oh, YesorNo, did you know Les Miserables is on today starring our Frederick March ? :heartbeat:

I missed it. :(

It's 20 degrees here and feels like -10.

I've been waiting to have The Queen go to the groomers (she looks like a dust mop now :floorlaugh: ) because it's been so cold. She went out this AM (-1 degrees then) and came right in and peed on the floor (she's not stupid). :facepalm:

Hi everybody
I have been really ill. I thought I turned the corner, but no. Started out as a viral asthmatic bronchitis and is now bilateral lobar pneumonia. I can't breathe. So just reading here and staying quiet.

Thanks for keeping me company.

So sorry that you are so sick Zuri. This weather has been horrible.
Hope you get to feeling better really soon. I wish I could do something to
help you.

Just taking a quick break and work and checking in.
It is 26 outside! BRRRRRRR!!!

Hope everyone is having a pleasant day.

Hoping you get well soon Zuri. Take care of yourself and rest up.

It's 70 here today with rain on the way and the low tonight is 30 with a freeze warning. Still weird weather everywhere!

Zuri, hope you are feeling better today. Get well soon. :loveyou:

I don't view it that way, ElleElle.

CMJA's court dates were vacated in 'joint' proceedings presided over by Judge Welty.

I believe jury selection and pre-trial hearing for AZ vs. Bryan Hulsey will proceed toward the May 12 date.

I'd like to be wrong, but I view CMJA's case as effectively on hold at this point. I do not expect the wheels of justice to begin grinding on her case until after AZ vs. Hulsey trial concludes.

---------
Hi Truth, I agree! BUT they are not listening to me.:lol: I want her in Perryville! at the rate they are going she will die of old age. :tantrum: dont they ever use other Judges? Prosecutors? I want the cop killer to fry too. I will check and see if its a murder1 also.:seeya:

P.S. It's a murder trial. He wants JM. off his case..Whay does Baretta say? If you dont want the time dont do the crime ..great one to quote.:LOL:

It's 70 here today with rain on the way and the low tonight is 30 with a freeze warning. Still weird weather everywhere!

Zuri, hope you are feeling better today. Get well soon. :loveyou:

Get ready Daisy, yesterday we were at a wonderful 72 degrees and today, OMG the high of 26. WOW - that is one heck of a change.

Oh, YorN,Thank you for sharing him with me. Or, I can just pretend that he's all mine, I've done that all my life anyway, lol. :floorlaugh:

----------
Thats ok girls, I still have first dibs on Martin from Fraiser!!:loveyou:

-----------

Thanks YesorNo! we may not look too good at 81, I speak for myself. I am almost 82 and have earned every wrinkle I have just by living. Sometimes life sucks, the tweeters better get used to it. Trust me it doesn't get better. Did you know I was hit by my cane? Very sore shin. Kids bought it so I wouldn't fall and hurt myself.:laughcry: The way some of the young ones act it'll be a miracle if they are here at 50.. Kim was always beautiful and a lady..:loveyou:

What's the story about the cane??? Tell all, already.

I happen to think wrinkles are beautiful- especially around the eyes, which are usually from laughing or smiling a lot.

Nore, you must be beautiful because you are always laughing. :floorlaugh: :loveyou:

Wrinkles show a long life and there is much to be said for experience and intelligence that is gained from the passing of time. Wrinkles are the "etchings" of experience.
Has anyone actually looked at an old lady/man and see the beauty of the face. I saw it everyday when I worked at the nursing home. And that beautiful silver/white hair- just lovely.
Why people want to look so young is beyond me.
And why can't people be kind?

picture.php

Look at these old people- aren't they beautiful? Yes, very. I love every wrinkle and sagging skin they have.

picture.php

picture.php

FYI. There is a live stream connection this week on the Marissa Devault case in AZ. For those who don't know Marissa, she was in jail with Jodi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez