SIDEBAR #3- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodi is ONLY crying because she can't do any more interviews. period.

It really was pathetic wasn't it. Didn't she say in her interview that he was an abuser? How she couldn't look at the family because they reminded her of her abuser? Yet, there she was sobbing almost uncontrollably?

Was that just a show for the jurors? I heard on HLN last night (a ticker) that she changed her mind and now wants LWOP?

Question: if she makes a statement on the stand, will JM be able to question her?

Thanks!

Mel

Good Morning Sleuth & The Gang*!

Every time I see Dark Shadows referenced, I can't help but think of the alleged motive....snippedl

I saw a short special on Van Bullow case and from what I remember, I think the alleged motive was he wanted to get with this other girl he was having an alleged affair with, and she wanted Van Bullow to get his wife out of his life either by divorce or some other way, and for some reason the wife supposedly knew about the affair, but just wanted to stay in the marriage for the money so wouldnt leave him and so he allegedly used some drugs in a needle to off her.

Is that what you mean about "alleged motive"?

From what I remember, he actually won his freedom on a RETRIAL which was shocking , but he had a great defense team.

goood morning :seeya:

i have a dilemma of sorts :eek:

i have a kind of date on Wednesday (yay for me first in like over 4 years :woohoo: i am kind of fussy :floorlaugh: ) so assuming there will be trial that day or the jury will be deliberating what the heck do i do if they come back that day? :scared:

i can probably sneak looks at my phone to check if they have come to a decision but i cant just be like 'yeah i need to go watch this trial thing just now' ive known him for years but i am not ready to confess my trial addiction just yet.

do i sneak to the bathroom to watch or just tell him :facepalm:

i need gauntlet or someone to text me if they come to a decision i'd feel like i was letting the alexanders down by missing this last piece of the puzzle
hellppp :scared::scared:

Congrats on your date! That is awesome! You could Go and have fun and don't even think about the trial until you get home. Focus on getting to know him and letting him get to know you. OR...you could bring up the trial to talk about it since it is important to you.

Main thing is do what feels comfortable! Be yourself!

It's what Travis would want you to do if he were here. He knows you'll be with him in spirit!

Good Morning my dear Funkmeister!!! Do you think we'll be able to get down this weekend???

Mr. Mertz is just wonderful, thanks for asking -- he's off collecting all the past-due rents with a big cleaver in his hand. Then he'll head over to that apt. where all the bongo playing is coming from. He's having a blast!

One chore for later on - we're going Gordon Ramsay hunting. We discovered he's filming a Kitchen Nightmares episode just down the street from us and I'm a BIG GRrrrrrrrr fan! Wish us luck!

Sorry if this has been asked, I'm only on page 15 - Where's he filming? Did you see/find him? I'm in CT also...

I saw a short special on Van Bullow case and from what I remember, I think the alleged motive was he wanted to get with this other girl he was having an alleged affair with, and she wanted Van Bullow to get his wife out of his life either by divorce or some other way, and for some reason the wife supposedly knew about the affair, but just wanted to stay in the marriage for the money so wouldnt leave him and so he allegedly used some drugs in a needle to off her.

Is that what you mean about "alleged motive"?

From what I remember, he actually won his freedom on a RETRIAL which was shocking , but he had a great defense team.

Yes, exactly - this actress was his girlfriend!!! She got on the stand... if you're interested in the case, check out "Reversal of Fortune" with (dreamy) Jeremy Irons as von Bulow, it's a great film.

Stress, weight loss, exhausted, guilt and fear.

No guilt. As "normal" people, we expect someone to feel guilt for savagely butchering another human being, but we would be wasting our time to expect that from Ms. Arias. She is incapable of guilt or any other genuine human emotion if it involves focusing on anything other than herself. If she seems sad, you can bet it is because she has made herself the victim of current events. That is why she seemed so oddly out of touch on Thursday -- watching the Victim's Impact statements as though she was a family member grieving for the loss of Travis. In her mind, she was entirely justified in what she did, and everyone ought to recognize her tragedy and suffering as a result of what "Travis made her do." Even as his brother and sister poured their hearts out to the jury, she took it in as though she was genuinely sorry for them because, in her world, she can afford to be magnanimous as she has been caught up in an unjust prosecution.

She will never take responsibility for this crime. In my view, she is a sociopath and will go to her grave feeling no remorse for what she has done. She is dangerous and I pity the staff with whom she will come in contact in prison.

:cow:

Why does absolutely NO one point out that Jodi always went to Travis? He NEVER went to her.

I'm assuming you mean THs? You could find hundreds of posts saying that here among the threads.

It really was pathetic wasn't it. Didn't she say in her interview that he was an abuser? How she couldn't look at the family because they reminded her of her abuser? Yet, there she was sobbing almost uncontrollably?

Was that just a show for the jurors? I heard on HLN last night (a ticker) that she changed her mind and now wants LWOP?

Question: if she makes a statement on the stand, will JM be able to question her?

Thanks!

Mel

Re BBM

I dont know the answer, but didnt want you to think we were ignoring you.

If I had to guess, I dont think so. I think he can only object to certain statements. I may be totally wrong, so not sure but it seems like this phase is just statements of character to try to have jury consider whether they give her life or death.

It's interesting the producer can admit how beguiling Jodi can be to fool them all at the time, but the 'professional' witnesses refuse to admit they were duped by the psycho.

That is interesting, isn't it.

Asking a favor :)

Sorry you guys, but my offline life took precedent today. All. Day. and. Night. Long. And believe me, it has been a loooong one. However, I've received 20+ private messages concerning the shift from the regular trial thread to the Sidebar when court is dark, concerns about the Sequence of Events thread (which was pulled for review) and a few other various issues.

Please know that I am NOT ignoring anyone. I simply have not had a chance to sign online and answer each of you personally. For that I apologize and ask for your patience. I am completely spent tonight...it is almost midnight where I live now, so I am not going to be able to answer you guys tonight either.

I just want y'all to know that you're not being ignored and I am not dismissing your concerns. I promise to try to answer each of you tomorrow after I have had some much needed rest.

Now for the favor.... I'd be forever grateful for help getting the word out. Please bump this post periodically so those who have messaged me just might see this apology/explanation.

Thanks in advance. Very much appreciated! :blowkiss:

:bump::bump::bump:

Yes, exactly - this actress was his girlfriend!!! She got on the stand... if you're interested in the case, check out "Reversal of Fortune" with (dreamy) Jeremy Irons as von Bulow, it's a great film.

Thanks a bunch. I didnt understand the cross reference to the video clip till your post.

Yes, I saw her on the stand in that short special I saw. She obviously did not like the wife at all.

Thanks for the reference on that film. It was a very interesting case.

In 1983 a TV show named "V" was on. I know this shows I am an oldie but a goodie but
for the rest of you - Do you remember Diane?
You may remember her as the iconic Lizard Queen from the 80's Sci-fi cult series "V".
Diana is a pioneer of the conversion process, a brainwashing technique used to turn humans
to aid the Visitors, although it is not always effective. She is seen as using her sexuality
and feminine wiles to have her way with men and to elevate her position She ate mice and guinea pigs!
This is who CKJA reminds me of!!

I loved that miniseries.

Thanks!

Mel

I sure hope he gets another crack at her!!!!

Let me save you a lot of time and effort - find out if he is interested in watching the trial with you, assuming it is on, if he blinks, stammers or hedges, well gee I mean, how long term can he be?

Sweet music and all if he doesn't "understand you" kick him to the curb! :floorlaugh:

Just a suggestion, but you might be a little more tolerant in the early phases...;) Most of us guys are probably going to take being put in the back seat for a trial as a sign that you aren't interested or worth the time either...

Sorry if this has been asked, I'm only on page 15 - Where's he filming? Did you see/find him? I'm in CT also...

Hi there! Unfortunately, we arrived too late - he and his crew had already left (sobbing here - I let Sleuth and segue down).

I guess it's okay to say where they filmed - the Curtis House Inn in Woodbury (oldest inn in CT). It's supposed to have a haunted guest room. Their website said they'd be filming til the 15th but I believe they left yesterday. We were so close....

Where in CT are you? It's a beautiful time of year here, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV