Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched this on HLN this AM- thought someone might be interested here:

Pop's Top All-Stars Stunningly Remake 'God Only Knows' for the BBC

"...27 musical all-stars from both sides of the pond brilliantly covering the Beach Boys' "God Only Knows.".."

https://music.yahoo.com/blogs/music...e--god-only-knows--for-the-bbc-203850450.html

[video=youtube;XqLTe8h0-jo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqLTe8h0-jo[/video]

Oh my gosh... just a tiny bit of Brian May makes my heart happy. (Guitar genius from Queen/PhD astrophysicist in his spare time. Or is it vice-versa?)

It actually took me years and years to figure this song out. I may not always love you, but I will for as long as there are stars in the sky. If you leave me, life will go on -- but without you everything will be meaningless.

Of course, now when I hear the song I think of the first "Big Love" opening, which I've always thought was really nicely done. Then the second one came along (to "Home" by the Engineers), and I like that one even more. They both seem to capture the "floaty" feeling of looking for love, then the security that comes from finding it (not that I ever gave it any thought or anything). I'm nowhere close to being in any way, shape, or form a religious person, but the final scene of "Big Love" moved me to tears.

Hopefully my dentist won't do the same in a couple of hours when I get my crown. First one. Feels like a rite of passage into adulthood,

SECOND EBOLA PATIENT IN DALLAS! someone who came in contact with Duncan, who has died from Ebola, now has disease. In suburb on North Dallas, called Frisco.

Oh my, I have a daughter and grandchildren in Wylie, just north of there.

We do, thank you!

Isn't is strange that parrots and tortoises live to be around 100 years old, but our best buds are only around for about 15 years? "Someone" screwed up when they were handing out longevity!:gaah: I've found myself calculating how long a new "buddy" is going to be around.....it's a major bummer. Then, as you get older, you wonder if you'll even have the patience to deal with a puppy, the house training and furniture eating!
run-around-smiley.gif

"Unconditional love". That's it in a nutshell.
teddy2-smiley.gif
Hang in there, Janx. Know that you've had an awesome experience that'll never be duplicated, shared the lifetime of an incredible buddy, and he will always have a place in your heart!

Just spoke to my daughter. She lives 15 minutes north of Frisco, TX. She said at first they heard it was all a hoax. But now they know patient is being treated and a news conference schedule for 3:30 central time on CBSDFW.com. This is horrible.

hello-smiley.gif
everyone!

snipped for space
We've had 275 days of strife and war. What will the next 85 bring for mankind?

1957 - The 1st broadcast of American Bandstand.

slow-dance-smiley.gif
Loved American Bandstand... I was 10 years old and that's how I learned to dance (with my older brother)! We were on KPIX (Channel 5 in the Bay Area) Dance Party with Dick Stewart!! Boy, was that guy short!
dance-girl3-smiley.gif
dancing-smiley.gif

My daughter was up early and took a beautiful picture of the blood moon and sent into my phone. Gorgeous!

So... are you going to "share" with us the picture?? I hope so! My Huz was up last night too looking at the moon!

Speaking of furbabies...
cat-hug-smiley.gif
My Emma is so far doing okay; her cancer is the size of a BIG golf ball, but she is still eating good, and playing with her little mice! Throwing them up in the air and running around with it!! She is now walking like a bunny...

:seeya:

blue2-smiley.gif
Justice for Travis!

Dallas sheriff's deputy being treated for ebola. Was in patients apartment for 30 minutes as one of the responders. Never touched anything. Never came in contact with body fluids. A sheriff's deputy. Can you imagine how many he has come into contact with and he has children!

Isn't is strange that parrots and tortoises live to be around 100 years old, but our best buds are only around for about 15 years? "Someone" screwed up when they were handing out longevity!:gaah: I've found myself calculating how long a new "buddy" is going to be around.....it's a major bummer. Then, as you get older, you wonder if you'll even have the patience to deal with a puppy, the house training and furniture eating!
run-around-smiley.gif

Just got off the phone with the greatest vet you can imagine.

"Unconditional love". That's it in a nutshell.
teddy2-smiley.gif
Hang in there, Janx. Know that you've had an awesome experience that'll never be duplicated, shared the lifetime of an incredible buddy, and he will always have a place in your heart!

Thank you Bernina! A good friend of mine called it one of life's greatest travesties that our dogs are around for such a short time. Huck has beat the odds for a weimaraner, and he's not ready to go yet, but he is in his final days for sure. I have another dog here. I'm coming up on 57 and don't know if I could raise another weim pup at this point. My job takes me away from the house for long hours several days a week.

Hi, she will still be trying for a mistrial when they put the needle in! What doesn't she understand about the word Murderer!!

What doesn't she understand about the phrase "cruel and unusual"? If she thinks a needle in the arm is cruel and unusual, maybe the State of Arizona should give her the option of 29 stab wounds, near-decapitation, and a bullet in the head. They could just dump her in a shower stall for a few days and then post photos of her naked, decomposing corpse all over the internet.

eta: Please please please let them argue "lethal injection as mitigating factor" in court.

Husband just clicked the channels and stopped on HLN. JA's private investigator was on, but we came in to late and I missed what he said. Got his name and his practice is in AZ. I don't know what if anything can be posted here.

I joined "Kindle Unlimited", free books on my PC.........YAHHHHH!!!!!:happydance: Didn't know of most of the authors, but found a gem in Aric Davis. I like horror, mystery stuff, Stephen King has been a fav, but I find that he gets too detailed sometimes: I just "bleep" through the long winded stuff that's just filler. Davis doesn't do that and Gillian Flynn has been really good. "Gone Girl" was a must read last year when the first trial was going on. Hope the movie does the book justice!

CMJA movies? Watched "Dirty Little Secrets"....bleck. Waiting for a major movie studio or even a Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon "Original" that sticks to the facts, to produce something.

On to the comments about CMJA being "pretty". Being pretty just doesn't cut it in California. CMJA doesn't have it. She's just "plain". Photoshop is her "best friend" and she would have been a plastic surgeon's cash cow if she had had the money, ie, "sugar daddy". Early on in the first trial, I had posed the possibility that she was transgender........seriously. Big hands, square chin, wears makeup like she owns stock in the company, and the boob job. :thinking: Known quite a few "he-she's" in my life, and she'd fit right in. Could she possibly have been born a hermaphrodite? Hmmmmm.........one wonders.
The best conclusion would be somewhere with the ol' "lipstick on a pig". And can you really plaster on enough spackle to hide ugly inside? Naw.
Got the same idea with C. Anthony.......seems like MSM has a skewed idea about "pretty".

Check out John Sandford Bernina, he is my favorite author, and one of my favorite book characters ever is Lucas Davenport (He also has a few other series with other main characters that are great, I would start with the Prey novels though).
Nice to see you again Bern :)

I know I'm in the minority here, and am certainly NOT supporting Jodi Arias- she committed a heinous, unspeakable crime and deserves to fully pay for it.

What does bother me is Travis Alexander... he selfishly used Jodi to meet his constant want and need for sex, and continued doing it even after he told her that their relationship was never going anywhere beyond what it was. He certainly did not deserve to be murdered, but he was not a nice guy... he did what he did for his own selfish needs without a thought for Jodi's feelings. Just because she had feelings for him and was easy to manipulate for sex, doesn't mean it was OK for Travis to take advantage. And he did, just because he knew he could. Not nice at all.

Unfortunately, there is a LOT of very lopsided information in the Mormon church. Females are taught that THEY must be modest, THEY must not tempt men, and that THEY are responsible for every man's sexual behavior, because the men can't control it. What a huge load of garbage. Wow.

Anyway, as I said, Travis did not deserve what happened to him, and I DO NOT support Jodi in any way, shape, or form. I'm just tired of hearing what a great, nice, super fantastic person Travis was... yes, he's done some good things, but that doesn't mean his behavior regarding Jodi was OK. It was not... whether you agree or not, his behavior and actions created part of this situation. He helped create it and paid the ultimate price. He knew Jodi was unstable and wanted more from him, yet he kept on using her for sex... it was all about him. Him, him, him.

As always, JMO.

281 down 84 more to go

1871 - On Sunday, October 8 , 1871, fire leveled a broad swath of Michigan and Wisconsin, including the cities of Peshtigo, Holland, Manistee, and Port Huron. At least 1,200 people died (possibly twice as many) as a result of the fire. That same night, the Great Chicago Fire erupted in nearby Illinois.

1934 - Bruno Hauptmannn is indicted for the murder of Charles Lindbergh's baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2n93XuUtFGI

1938 - Norman Rockwall made the cover " The Saturday Evening Post" portrayed Norman Rockwell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tiL24GF3q_s

1957 - Jerry Lee Lewis tickles the ivories into history with "Great Balls of Fire"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7IjgZGhHrYY

1964 - The Beatles release "She's A Woman"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xqQQXyKExLk

1970 - Soviet author Alexander Solzhenitsyn won the Nobel Prize for literature.

[video=youtube;ZDg5as-i0o4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZDg5as-i0o4[/video]

1971 - John Lennon releases "Imagine"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XLgYAHHkPFs

1977 - NBC airs The Paul Simon Special , with Art Garfunkel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pQFvSv5ikv4

1980 - After a record breaking 741 weeks , Pink Floyd s‘Dark Side Of The Moon’ finally left Billboard's Hot 200 Album Chart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DLOth-BuCNY

1984 - Anne Murray won the Country Music Association’s Album of the Year Award this day for "A Little Good News". Murray was the first woman to win this award.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HQYS8gRL7zw

1981 - 1st broadcast of "Cagney and Lacey" on ABC-TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9jscfn-zNAY

1982 - The musical Cats begins a run of nearly 18 years on Broadway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FRsb2FX-Bnw

2014 - Dallas Ebola patient dies

Just spoke to my daughter. She lives 15 minutes north of Frisco, TX. She said at first they heard it was all a hoax. But now they know patient is being treated and a news conference schedule for 3:30 central time on CBSDFW.com. This is horrible.

They had the same press conference over and over this afternoon. The man in Dallas died this morning. And then we have Judge Clay Jenkins who's put himself and other around him at risk. The parents in Highland Park (upscale city in Dallas) are not happy his daughter goes to school there. This is the same judge who wanted 2000 illegal aliens that crossed the border up brought up here.

What a heartache it is to see our much beloved pets in the process of death- but we must be strong, for them, and love them even tho' it causes us much pain to see them old, sick, and dying. We loved them the whole of their time with us and they have loved us with unconditional love-a miracle in itself, IMO- we will always love them even in sickness and in death.

Take care janx and be strong. I will pray for you and your dog that it will be easier in the next days. :therethere:

Peace be with you, my dear. :seeya:

Here he was (on the right) in Boulder, CO in the early summer of 2000:

304373_10151222464185568_1770092500_n.jpg

I joined "Kindle Unlimited", free books on my PC.........YAHHHHH!!!!!:happydance: Didn't know of most of the authors, but found a gem in Aric Davis. I like horror, mystery stuff, Stephen King has been a fav, but I find that he gets too detailed sometimes: I just "bleep" through the long winded stuff that's just filler. Davis doesn't do that and Gillian Flynn has been really good. "Gone Girl" was a must read last year when the first trial was going on. Hope the movie does the book justice!

CMJA movies? Watched "Dirty Little Secrets"....bleck. Waiting for a major movie studio or even a Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon "Original" that sticks to the facts, to produce something.

On to the comments about CMJA being "pretty". Being pretty just doesn't cut it in California. CMJA doesn't have it. She's just "plain". Photoshop is her "best friend" and she would have been a plastic surgeon's cash cow if she had had the money, ie, "sugar daddy". Early on in the first trial, I had posed the possibility that she was transgender........seriously. Big hands, square chin, wears makeup like she owns stock in the company, and the boob job. :thinking: Known quite a few "he-she's" in my life, and she'd fit right in. Could she possibly have been born a hermaphrodite? Hmmmmm.........one wonders.
The best conclusion would be somewhere with the ol' "lipstick on a pig". And can you really plaster on enough spackle to hide ugly inside? Naw.
Got the same idea with C. Anthony.......seems like MSM has a skewed idea about "pretty".

Bill Arais in the interview with Detective Flores, said she had her *advertiser censored* done and surgery to her bottom. Now I don't know if he knew what to call it to be polite or if she has butt implants or a lift. Or? If so I had to hate to guess what it looked like before.

I know I'm in the minority here, and am certainly NOT supporting Jodi Arias- she committed a heinous, unspeakable crime and deserves to fully pay for it.

What does bother me is Travis Alexander... he selfishly used Jodi to meet his constant want and need for sex, and continued doing it even after he told her that their relationship was never going anywhere beyond what it was. He certainly did not deserve to be murdered, but he was not a nice guy... he did what he did for his own selfish needs without a thought for Jodi's feelings. Just because she had feelings for him and was easy to manipulate for sex, doesn't mean it was OK for Travis to take advantage. And he did, just because he knew he could. Not nice at all.

Unfortunately, there is a LOT of very lopsided information in the Mormon church. Females are taught that THEY must be modest, THEY must not tempt men, and that THEY are responsible for every man's sexual behavior, because the men can't control it. What a huge load of garbage. Wow.

Anyway, as I said, Travis did not deserve what happened to him, and I DO NOT support Jodi in any way, shape, or form. I'm just tired of hearing what a great, nice, super fantastic person Travis was... yes, he's done some good things, but that doesn't mean his behavior regarding Jodi was OK. It was not... whether you agree or not, his behavior and actions created part of this situation. He helped create it and paid the ultimate price. He knew Jodi was unstable and wanted more from him, yet he kept on using her for sex... it was all about him. Him, him, him.

As always, JMO.

Only to the extent that JA allowed it to be. She was clearly obsessed with the guy to a horrifying degree. Look, this guy was 30 years old and naive due to his brand of church, in my opinion, but I refuse to blame him, regardless of how you qualify it. You seem to be equivocating, not sure of what to think. There are so many young men who are led by their hormones--this is nothing new, and the sexual activity that went on between them is not unusual.

The only reason sex was brought into this trial was that the defense wanted to portray some kind of abuse. The fact that the defense did so was disgusting. This case was not about sex; it was about control on the part of the defendant, who is now a convicted murderer.

So I disagree with you. It was not about him, insofar as other guys take advantage of women. Unfortunately, it was rather typical but especially awful since he belonged to a religion that demanded he not have sex, even at the age of 30. And there she was.

CMJA didn't do her firearms homework. Back when the murder was committed, you still needed a CCW in Arizona, so there's no way Travis could have taken a gun off his property and concealed it LEGALLY. Major fail on the home protection scenario. Total fail with the "machismo" factor.

Totally with you on this, Hatfield. CMJA totally failed the firearm's "sniff test".

Poor Jodi. She really never thought she'd be caught, so she had no contingency plan. By the time she decided on the self defense story, you'd think she would have come up with a better explanation about the gun. Instead, all she had was this ridiculous story that makes no sense whatsoever (to anyone with any kind of common sense).

Based on what Jodi herself told the world about Travis, his unlocked doors, and the "Law of Attraction" stuff, for him to keep a gun in the house "for protection" would be completely contradictory. Even a tiny, unloaded gun. And since he was obviously an "everything in its place" kind of guy, he wouldn't have just chucked a gun up on a high closet shelf. How would he get it if he needed it (and had bullets)? I totally don't believe Jodi's story about stepping on a shelf. Even if that was true, and since Travis wasn't much taller than Jodi, he, clearly, would not have been able to step on that kind of shelf and expect it to support him.

If he had a gun, it would have been a "man's gun." He would have had all the necessary accessories. His friends would have known about it because he seemed to make everything a social occasion -- he wouldn't have gone off shooting on his own.

Yet again, Jodi opts for a ridiculous lie rather than silence. Or the truth.

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision 2h2 hours ago
No court tomorrow, Friday, or Monday. See you Tuesday. Enjoy the break, once the train rolls out, it'll be a runaway locomotive #jodiarias

Bill Arais in the interview with Detective Flores, said she had her *advertiser censored* done and surgery to her bottom. Now I don't know if he knew what to call it to be polite or if she has butt implants or a lift. Or? If so I had to hate to guess what it looked like before.[/QUOTE----------
I thought I heard from her dad when he was interviewed he didn't know why she needed a boob job and surgery on her bottom. Then I saw the pictures. I checked on internet, I agree with Bernina. She has shoulders like a football player. I hope I don't get in trouble writing this but truth is truth. IMO.

_---------------------
I remember Christine Jorgenson in the 50's (?) she /he was very nice. Supposedly the first one..from man to woman. Many appearences on big time tv..
He went to Denmark. I just read the other day there are about 900,000 in the US. now. It is a sad situation being born one way but favoring the other. Gotta check I thnk she's passed away. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cliff77