SIDEBAR #30- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to need her to get sued soon so she can bo longer afford to have a private investigator.
Secondly, I just knew she was going to say she didn't get a speedy trial. :facepalm: Very much doubt any appeal based on that will be succesful though.

Never had a problem with JSS, but—God help me—I'm feeling pangs of sympathy for Nurmi right now.

ETA: BBM
also, I thought he was completely stumped by JVM's remorse question. Of course.

Nurmi did his job. I bet he rues the day he ever heard of this wackjob. Like most people, he underestimated just how vengeful and vicious she is and backstabbing she is.

He didn't understand remorse. He said she had remorse over the first trial and JVM said the first trial? What about murdering Travis? And he said she's always displayed remorse over Travis. He drank the Jodi koolaid and thinks regret means remorse.

I regret eating 2 pieces of cake tonight. But I'm not remorseful about it. They are going to blur these words till no one understands the difference.

Possibly, but I think that will not fly. Perhaps the P.I. has the words conflated, but most people do not. I listened to it 3 times to transcribe it accurately. He was blindsided by the idea of remorse.

He said that he has been hired to concentrate on the "appeal work" and "appealable issues that happened with the first trial." Sounds like they want to put the focus on Nurmi and the fact that JSS wouldn't let JA fire him.

He talked a lot about appeals, going forward.

He said, "...sounds like she's very, very remorseful for the problems that she's caused in the trial."

JVM asked whether she's remorseful for killing Travis Alexander.

Julian says, "Oh, she's always been remorseful, um, in, um, the situation, but what we're concentrating on in my side is the appealable issues so we can move forward because this first trial has gone on too long, way too long, and the first attorney on the case has been a problem ever since."

It goes on like that. He says that her lies are just a public opinion issue and he has a job to do. Mr. Bond says they're working on appeals whether she gets death or life.

Can she appeal if she gets life? I thought she could not.

BBM

Yes, she can appeal if she gets life. She has to pay for it herself though, where if she get DP she will get one automatic appeal paid for by the state.

BBM

Yes, she can appeal if she gets life. She has to pay for it herself though, where if she get DP she will get one automatic appeal paid for by the state.

Thanks! I really didn't know. I'm a novice here, obviously. Ooooh I so hope someone finds a way to shut down her little eBay tracings enterprise.

Possibly, but I think that will not fly. Perhaps the P.I. has the words conflated, but most people do not. I listened to it 3 times to transcribe it accurately. He was blindsided by the idea of remorse.

Maybe he was blindsided, but my feeling is this is orchestrated. Just like she wrote in her diary after Travis was dead, and left voice mails for him after he was dead…. she is laying down tracks about her remorse… supposedly she tweeted yesterday or the day before about remorse she feels and FELT… I need to find her tweet but I believe she was sure to put in there that she felt that way years ago or something. She's been told that a big part of this is remorse, and so she is going to try to have it out there that she has ALWAYS been remorseful. But she has problems with the word remorse, she wants to say regret. They are not the same thing.

She can say she's remorseful all she wants but her actions prove otherwise.

Maybe he was blindsided, but my feeling is this is orchestrated. Just like she wrote in her diary after Travis was dead, and left voice mails for him after he was dead…. she is laying down tracks about her remorse… supposedly she tweeted yesterday or the day before about remorse she feels and FELT… I need to find her tweet but I believe she was sure to put in there that she felt that way years ago or something. She's been told that a big part of this is remorse, and so she is going to try to have it out there that she has ALWAYS been remorseful. But she has problems with the word remorse, she wants to say regret. They are not the same thing.

You could be on to something. She may be "hyper-literal" or "hyper-articulate," but it's not a subtle difference to non-psychopaths.

This is just me being mean, but... Jane Velez Mitchell is awful. I seldom actually come across any of her "reporting," but she fascinates in kind of the same way Jodi does. The things she says and the way she says them are just not entirely human. JVN is so hyper I half expect her to come out from behind her desk, through my computer screen, stand about an inch away from me and just start yelling.

With JVM, I find myself imagining her in different situations. A romantic, candle-lit dinner. Singing a lullaby to a baby. Giving directions to elderly foreigners. Ordering pizza. Saying wedding vows. Confessing. Giving a eulogy. Group therapy. AA. Book club. Parent-teacher conference. Chatting with a new neighbor. Trying to pick up men in a singles bar. On a blind date. Sitting next to me on a 10-hour flight. Good Lord.

Of course, maybe her off-camera persona is sweet. Quiet. Gentle. Low-key. Understated.

Court Minutes

Michael K. Jeanes, Clerk of Court
*** Electronically Filed ***
10/09/2014 8:00 AM

10/07/2014

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/102014/m6520289.pdf
------------------------

10/08/2014

IT IS ORDERED vacating Oral Argument on 10/14/14 and resetting same on 10/16/14 at
8:00 a.m. in this division.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED affirming Trial on 10/14/14 at 10:00 a.m. in this division...

IT IS ORDERED vacating Trial on 10/16/14 and resetting same on 10/21/14 at 10:00
a.m. in this division

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/102014/m6522249.pdf
------------------------------

10/08/2014

IT IS ORDERED that the parties (Ms. Willmott and Ms. Delarosa for the Defendant)
shall conduct an interview on 10/14/14 in Sacramento, California with a State’s witness...

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/102014/m6522250.pdf
-----------------------

He said that he has been hired to concentrate on the "appeal work" and "appealable issues that happened with the first trial." Sounds like they want to put the focus on Nurmi and the fact that JSS wouldn't let JA fire him.

He talked a lot about appeals, going forward.

He said, "...sounds like she's very, very remorseful for the problems that she's caused in the trial."

JVM asked whether she's remorseful for killing Travis Alexander.

Julian says, "Oh, she's always been remorseful, um, in, um, the situation, but what we're concentrating on in my side is the appealable issues so we can move forward because this first trial has gone on too long, way too long, and the first attorney on the case has been a problem ever since."

It goes on like that. He says that her lies are just a public opinion issue and he has a job to do. Mr. Bond says they're working on appeals whether she gets death or life.

Can she appeal if she gets life? I thought she could not.

Good morning :seeya:

Thank-you for letting me know what this PI had to say (now I really have to listen for myself- damn the BW! :facepalm:).

I don't understand why she needs a PI for her appeal situation. Wouldn't an appeal lawyer be more beneficial- after all, wouldn't an appeal lawyer be an expert in appeals and all the issues

involved???? This doesn't make sense to me!! Something smells to high-heaven here, IMO.

And "she's always been remorseful, um, in, um, the situation"- the situation??? Why is Travis' murder always a "situation" to her? Why can't she say that she is heartily and

truly sorry that she murdered him? That she was wrong? To me, it seems such a simple thing to say (even if she doesn't mean it- especially since she has been deemed guilty of murder 1).

I know- I know- her "appeals". She keeps on insisting that it was in self-defense and she doesn't deserve the verdict- pfttt. That is not an appeal in court. There are specific things that are

considered appealable (is that a word? :facepalm:).

She's a very foolish person, IMO. When she should be working on her "remorse", because that will be very, very important to the decision of death or life, she is anticipating that she will be given

"life". She's delusional, for sure, IMO.

And I think Nurmi did everything he could for her. She opened herself to the media. I'm sure Nurmi cautioned her and advised her not to do that. She did what she wanted and now

she is blaming her attorney! I'm sure Nurmi rued the day he met missy:jail:. I don't think she will get her trial overturned in an appeal court for "ineffective council" or "speedy trial". She's

sleeping with the fairies again (and so is her PI).

Oh-- I'm so :mad: :stormingmad:

(what did he mean when he said that "her lies are just a public opinion issue"?? A lie is a lie and she has been proven a liar by 12 jurors and JM- not the "court of public opinion"- there's no "opinion" here,

IMO- just hard facts)

[video=youtube;WoUYSAVY7Q4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoUYSAVY7Q4[/video]

Bx70WHSCAAAE0s8.jpg

[video=youtube;FK_13x4dy6w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK_13x4dy6w[/video]

New tweet on missy's :jail: Twitter:

Jodi Arias Updates retweeted
************ · 10h 10 hours ago
On #jodiarias front source says rabid prosec JuanM now has babysitter--Bob Schutz--supervising him through trial

https://twitter.com/JodiAnnArias

I put this over on the retrial thread too, and I'm pasting here as well. Sorry if you are having to read this twice. This is just something that occurred to me.

What has just also popped into my head is this. I've seen for over a year so many people on here complaining about the judge and how slow she is. We saw yesterday that JA tried to say something and JSS said another judge is handling it. And the jury selection is speeding right along, in fact jurors were selected today. One of the reporters tweeting even said this time jury selection took one less day. I think she is claiming that the judge has hurt her ability to have a speedy trial. Things have certainly "sped" up compared to how they were handled in the past. No delays, on time, working in the afternoon.

The investigator seemed very confident. He also blamed the cost of the trial on Nurmi. Said that this trial wouldn't have cost millions if she had had a timely trial. Yep…. Me thinks JA is going to hang the judge and Nurmi out to dry.

I've mentioned this a few times, and will continue to try to point this out whenever JA does this. She and her attorneys are causing the issues themselves, and then turning around and trying to use the things they do to have an appeal argument.

I am convinced its a tactic they are doing in this trial. They have no real basis to appeal anything, so they are trying to generate their own appeal issues.

The speedy trial argument should fail because I am almost 100% positive she signed a waiver about the speedy trial right at the beginning. Most defense attorneys sign this waiver because they like to postpone the trial so the public (and jury) forgets about their heinious crime. This crime was so heineous, it doesnt matter how long they wait, people will always be upset over it.

Epic fail on 2 fronts.
1-to think postponing/delaying/purposely dragging out trial will make public (and jurors) be less upset about the murder
2-to appeal based on speedy trial, because they themselves signed the waiver

Wow. Is this the PI that JA hired?

She picked one right in line with her values. :)

I had 1 job like that girl in the article had. I used to have to rush to the bank right after checks were handed out, so I could beat all the other employees to the bank. The first lucky ones got their checks cashed and the ones at the end of the line had them bounce.

For my situation, I felt for my employer at the time since he was a small business owner and he could only pay with the money he received which was never enough for the people he needed to do the construction job we had. He finally had to lay off most of the crew. I think he honestly did not always realize he was cutting more checks than he had money for some of the times since he was terrible with math. And he would always eventually get the people their money. It just took some time. He himself would go without good work clothes, equipment, etc. to try to keep his business afloat. I honestly felt bad for him and stayed with him a long time. He really was a good guy that tried so hard to make things work out right.

That girl's case was different in that the guy purposely knew he was jilting her it sounds like.

Good morning :seeya:

Thank-you for letting me know what this PI had to say (now I really have to listen for myself- damn the BW! :facepalm:).

I don't understand why she needs a PI for her appeal situation. Wouldn't an appeal lawyer be more beneficial- after all, wouldn't an appeal lawyer be an expert in appeals and all the issues

involved???? This doesn't make sense to me!! Something smells to high-heaven here, IMO.

And "she's always been remorseful, um, in, um, the situation"- the situation??? Why is Travis' murder always a "situation" to her? Why can't she say that she is heartily and

truly sorry that she murdered him? That she was wrong? To me, it seems such a simple thing to say (even if she doesn't mean it- especially since she has been deemed guilty of murder 1).

I know- I know- her "appeals". She keeps on insisting that it was in self-defense and she doesn't deserve the verdict- pfttt. That is not an appeal in court. There are specific things that are

considered appealable (is that a word? :facepalm:).

She's a very foolish person, IMO. When she should be working on her "remorse", because that will be very, very important to the decision of death or life, she is anticipating that she will be given

"life". She's delusional, for sure, IMO.

And I think Nurmi did everything he could for her. She opened herself to the media. I'm sure Nurmi cautioned her and advised her not to do that. She did what she wanted and now

she is blaming her attorney! I'm sure Nurmi rued the day he met missy:jail:. I don't think she will get her trial overturned in an appeal court for "ineffective council" or "speedy trial". She's

sleeping with the fairies again (and so is her PI).

Oh-- I'm so :mad: :stormingmad:

(what did he mean when he said that "her lies are just a public opinion issue"?? A lie is a lie and she has been proven a liar by 12 jurors and JM- not the "court of public opinion"- there's no "opinion" here,

IMO- just hard facts)

<snipped videos>

Good morning!

I have no idea what this guy is saying in his answer to JVM's question, "She's a known liar. How do you deal with that?" I'll just transcribe it word for word:

Dorian Bond: "Well, I mean, but, everybody has an opinion about her, but I have to concentrate on what my job is is to work with my client. I've been hired—sometimes it's a tough job. You have to work with people that the public doesn't like, and you know, everybody has opinions on our client, but we have to concentrate on what our job is and focus in on this so we don't have to spend millions and millions of dollars going through this trial again."

Good morning!

I have no idea what this guy is saying in his answer to JVM's question, "She's a known liar. How do you deal with that?" I'll just transcribe it word for word:

Dorian Bond: "Well, I mean, but, everybody has an opinion about her, but I have to concentrate on what my job is is to work with my client. I've been hired&#8212;sometimes it's a tough job. You have to work with people that the public doesn't like, and you know, everybody has opinions on our client, but we have to concentrate on what our job is and focus in on this so we don't have to spend millions and millions of dollars going through this trial again."

Just a guess, but I think at the end there, he is trying to say that if he can successfully dig up some dirt that gets the case thrown out, then everyone can avoid a retrial altogether.

I wonder what specific piece of dirt Jodi put him on his mission to dig up? Must be something specific she knows about or alleges happened. Or maybe she think he is going to dig up something on his own. Really strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298