SIDEBAR #31 - Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I care deeply about Travis. Being a survivor of domestic violence myself for many years I relate very much to Travis and what he went through with his own abuser. Travis' life shouldn't just be listed in statistics as a victim of domestic violence homicide. There was so much depth and meaning in the life he lived and that should be told. Everyone needs to know who he truly was rather than just remembering how he died.

I find comfort in knowing books are being written about Travis telling who he really was. He truly was a very remarkable young man.

I don't care if anyone makes money in the process as long as Travis' life story is told.

I hope the book does well. I plan on buying this book myself.

IMO

I agree! I also will be buying this book. I'm glad they choose this cover over the other one, it show's a glow around Travis.

I too am very glad Chris and Skye wrote this book. They knew Travis better than anyone. And based on their interviews, they have some interesting insights into the Jodi saga and will probably be good at telling the true story. Yes, they wrote some negative emails to him. That doesn't mean anything to me. They were like family to Travis and sometimes families tell each other like it is. Chris sort of acted as a mentor or father figure to Travis so when he saw something he thought he was doing was wrong he told him. Chris and Skye have already told why they wrote the emails and that they became aware that they'd been manipulated by Jodi to pit them against Travis. That is what sociopaths do. They try and drive a wedge between their object of obsession and the other people in his/her life. He had also stated that in the same email chain he retracted what he'd said to Travis because they were too harsh, including using the word abusive.

I don't think they're out to make money off of his death, at all. I think they've grown weary of hearing lies and mischaracterizations about someone they knew was a good person and who was brutally murdered and they wanted to set the record straight. Not just about Travis but also about the true nature of the relationship between him and Jodi.

Congratulations, WS Aunties!!!!!!
View attachment 62139 View attachment 62140

Zuri FINALLY arrived!!!

Up and already walking......

View attachment 62141

I'll give you kids updates tomorrow. Birth took about 2 minutes, walked outside cause ol' Zubaz was making a lot of noise and there was a bit of the sac. Kissy went down, did a few pushes, I carefully pulled one of the legs which wasn't quite out as far as the other as she had a contraction, and there was Zuri, all wet! Got her rubbed down with some towels.

Very cool! Kissy and Zuri are already talking to each other. Zubaz is a proud papa, again, for the 29th time. (Could be 30?)

Note: Mares always pick the spot you least expect them to foal in, not in the barn, always out in the dirt or mud! At least the weather is nice and the mud disappeared about 10 days ago.

Catch you kids tomorrow!:happydance:

I am so excited! Your filly is gorgeous. Love the bay with star and snip on her face! My heart horse has the same marking, a sign of a very special horse for sure. Mare is gorgeous. I sign on to WS and a PM pops up from ATL saying wake up wake up! I open it to find the news that Lil Zuri has been born!

So glad you had a filly to continue the lines of her special sire. I called my daughter in immediately to see the pics. She loves her! What is so cool is that you got those pics within seconds of Lil Zuri being born as the placenta is still hanging. So glad the delivery was easy and Kissy handled it like a pro. At least she laid down and didn't stand lol like Adaire's dam did. I love seeing the little windswept legs when they first stand. She looks perfect!

Congratulations! So thrilled for you. Xo

:seeya:

Good morning, everyone!

I'm not posting on the trial hardly at all because I stay so far behind! I leave the page up and do housework, run to the store, and even nap! My name is always at the bottom of the trial thread.

I love this sidebar thread. All of your posts are so interesting!

Happy Birthday to those I missed, and Congratulations on the babies (animal & human!). There is no gift more precious than babies!

I hate the long weekend breaks during a trial. We need to get this one over and done with a little black bow on it for Jodie on her way to the 'Big House'. I. Hate. This. Woman. and I'm going to hell for it, lol!

MOO

Those who hate this killer will not be going to hell. Hell does not have enough room.

I too am very glad Chris and Skye wrote this book. They knew Travis better than anyone. And based on their interviews, they have some interesting insights into the Jodi saga and will probably be good at telling the true story. Yes, they wrote some negative emails to him. That doesn't mean anything to me. They were like family to Travis and sometimes families tell each other like it is. Chris sort of acted as a mentor or father figure to Travis so when he saw something he thought he was doing was wrong he told him. Chris and Skye have already told why they wrote the emails and that they became aware that they'd been manipulated by Jodi to pit them against Travis. That is what sociopaths do. They try and drive a wedge between their object of obsession and the other people in his/her life. He had also stated that in the same email chain he retracted what he'd said to Travis because they were too harsh, including using the word abusive.

I don't think they're out to make money off of his death, at all. I think they've grown weary of hearing lies and mischaracterizations about someone they knew was a good person and who was brutally murdered and they wanted to set the record straight. Not just about Travis but also about the true nature of the relationship between him and Jodi.

Same here. I think their sole intent for releasing The Travis Alexander Story is to tell the truth about this man who has been so maligned in court, the web, in local and national media. But in particular, in court. That these two love Travis enough to be his voice and tell his story is a beautiful thing.

I have to say it is lovely to wake up to such beauty. Zuri means beautiful in Swahili and this filly certainly embodies that definition. While there is so much ugliness in the world, this is such a wonderful reminder of what is lovely and beautiful in it. Thanks Bernina for sharing the pics and news. Broad smile today for sure.

I have to say it is lovely to wake up to such beauty. Zuri means beautiful in Swahili and this filly certainly embodies that definition. While there is so much ugliness in the world, this is such a wonderful reminder of what is lovely and beautiful in it. Thanks Bernina for sharing the pics and news. Broad smile today for sure.

Zuri certainly is gorgeous!

And so are Mom and Dad.

Thanks for the photos, Bernina....and CONGRATULATIONS!

Morning LampChop!

I have been confused about whether she can testify in the sentencing phase. I have read some articles that she will not be able to testify but can stand up and give a statement to the Judge begging for mercy etc.

I don't know that is true although I am trying to remember if I have ever seen a defendant testify in this phase and I am drawing a blank at the moment. LOL!

I know Juan is not going to let this slide. We are going to see evidence that contradicts what Nurmi all of a sudden changed. What that will be and how it is entered I am not sure but I do feel Juan will not let this slip by.

You are so right. With her shooting him right in the shower it wipes out everything the defendant testified to under oath. Again, I was stunned when he came up with that off the wall suggestion.

IMO

I did not know that. If this is true then that would explain why Nurmi changed the story more towards mental illness for just shooting him without a reason and then stabbing him. jmo

They should have just done mental illness from the beginning. It will eliminate the inevitable appeal on grounds of mental illness.

BBM That's a more charitable way of looking at it. I probably won't buy the book, but I will keep my mind more open about the Hughes in this light. Thanks MeeBee!

If Zuri is a sign of good things to come, I am hoping to welcome a Bernina this March! Praying for a filly!

I care deeply about Travis. Being a survivor of domestic violence myself for many years I relate very much to Travis and what he went through with his own abuser. Travis' life shouldn't just be listed in statistics as a victim of domestic violence homicide. There was so much depth and meaning in the life he lived and that should be told. Everyone needs to know who he truly was rather than just remembering how he died.

I find comfort in knowing books are being written about Travis telling who he really was. He truly was a very remarkable young man.

I don't care if anyone makes money in the process as long as Travis' life story is told.

I hope the book does well. I plan on buying this book myself.

IMO
I think if this book helps to counteract all the lies the convict has told about Travis, that are about to be re-hashed again thanks to his killer, then good for them. :moo:

Up and already walking......

View attachment 62141

I'll give you kids updates tomorrow. Birth took about 2 minutes, walked outside cause ol' Zubaz was making a lot of noise and there was a bit of the sac. Kissy went down, did a few pushes, I carefully pulled one of the legs which wasn't quite out as far as the other as she had a contraction, and there was Zuri, all wet! Got her rubbed down with some towels.

Very cool! Kissy and Zuri are already talking to each other. Zubaz is a proud papa, again, for the 29th time. (Could be 30?)

Note: Mares always pick the spot you least expect them to foal in, not in the barn, always out in the dirt or mud! At least the weather is nice and the mud disappeared about 10 days ago.

Catch you kids tomorrow!:happydance:

OH MY HEART!! Thank you for sharing this, Bern!!

Did not care for her attitude but watched her show anyway for the information she provided about missing kids and other crime victims. But then came the Haleigh Cummings case...and NG was just horrible, HORRIBLE, to Crystal Sheffield. It was uncalled for and ratings aside NG should have been a bit more compassionate to the mother of a missing child. I couldn't stomach it...and have not watched her show since.
---------
hi kr, I read it was given by Joan Rivers. First time I saw it (at a glance) I thought it was a trach tube!!
---------
krkrjx, this posted on the wrong post. In reference to the necklace..

BBM: So with that being put out there by Nurmi, does anyone think the would dare put Jodi on the stand? This shoots the abuse claim right out the window. jmo

Yes it does! Her new list of mitigators for the retrial do include physical and emotional abuse at the hands of Travis Alexander, but now the story is that she was never attacked? He didn't body slam her and chase her down the hallway and then get back in the shower so she could shoot him there, did he? Really weird! It's like they're saying, "Okay, M1, you got us. Here's the real true story now..."

ETA: So now, via Twitter, Michael Kiefer is saying that shot in the shower was the original theory put forth by the prosecution and that's what Nurmi was trying to prove.

But still! So what? Couldn't it be potentially deadly to prove that the prosecution is wrong about the sequence of events when it also proves that his client's testimony under oath was a lie? He's losing a Knight to protect a Pawn?

happy-birthday-banner.jpg

our own
lambchop.jpg

We appreciate all the work you do to keep a clean and fair WS. :blowkiss:

blessings_029.jpg

Even Wheely has come with some cake to wish you had a wonderful day (and he baked it himself!): :facepalm:

happy-birthday-photos-funny.jpg

From all of us at the Sidebar to you, my dear: :loveyou:

birthday-cake-too-many-candles-3.jpg

:bdsurprise:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics