SIDEBAR #34 - Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in the process of watching the cross examination of Jodi, Just a quick question. Does she ever answer a question directly??? Every question seems to take ages, having to go around the block and back just for her to answer yes or no. The smirk is driving me insane!

That plus the way she turns to look at the jury, with every single long mentally agonizing answer! She looks like a robot. :gaah:

That plus the way she turns to look at the jury, with every single long mentally agonizing answer! She looks like a robot. :gaah:

I guess she thinks if she's willing to make eye contact, they'll believe she's actually speaking the truth.

I am in the process of watching the cross examination of Jodi, Just a quick question. Does she ever answer a question directly??? Every question seems to take ages, having to go around the block and back just for her to answer yes or no. The smirk is driving me insane!

No. That's Jodi. She thinks she is smarter than Juan Martinez and everyone else. I also think she was coached by ALV. Stupid, stupid mistake on her part.

hehaha-smiley.gif
........Spinal Tap.................
evil-smiley.gif
...and their exploding drummers......bawahahahahaha!

I guess she thinks if she's willing to make eye contact, they'll believe she's actually speaking the truth.

I think that is true about making eye contact but not the way the killer does it. I bet her DT told her to be sure to look at the jury and may even have explained why one should do that, but she did not understand why because she does not understand real, true human connections. She imitates, and if she is left to wing it (no one to imitate at the time) she comes across as rehearsed, to the point of appearing robotic. Killer took DT suggestion of looking at the jury literally and it shows. IMO

Does anyone else wonder why there was no evidence of JA crossing the Hoover Dam after killing TA? It's not relevant to the case, but it's surprising to me that they don't have her on camera doing the crossing. Wouldn't a large dam like that have numerous cameras, just because of potential terrorist activity? If toll bridges and turnpikes have cameras at the pay booths, wouldn't Hoover Dam? A computer program couldn't run through all the video to identify all Ford Focus sedans and then they could be sorted manually from there? They knew what time, roughly, JA was on the dam, because they had cell phone pings, IIRC, near the Arizona/Nevada border, so it would be possible to narrow down the timeline....

Does anyone else wonder why there was no evidence of JA crossing the Hoover Dam after killing TA? It's not relevant to the case, but it's surprising to me that they don't have her on camera doing the crossing. Wouldn't a large dam like that have numerous cameras, just because of potential terrorist activity? If toll bridges and turnpikes have cameras at the pay booths, wouldn't Hoover Dam? A computer program couldn't run through all the video to identify all Ford Focus sedans and then they could be sorted manually from there? They knew what time, roughly, JA was on the dam, because they had cell phone pings, IIRC, near the Arizona/Nevada border, so it would be possible to narrow down the timeline....

I am not familiar with the routes in that area of the country and state....but is there any other way FJA could have gone and not be detected?

I think that is true about making eye contact but not the way the killer does it. I bet her DT told her to be sure to look at the jury and may even have explained why one should do that, but she did not understand why because she does not understand real, true human connections. She imitates, and if she is left to wing it (no one to imitate at the time) she comes across as rehearsed, to the point of appearing robotic. Killer took DT suggestion of looking at the jury literally and it shows. IMO

I had to testify in a real bad divorce case. I was told to look at the Judge and direct all answers to him since there was no jury. If there was a jury, then I would have looked and answered to them. So it must be an unwritten rule or polite way of talking to the jury/Judge.

And I do wonder about defense lawyers.....I was asked 8 different ways, the size and color of the object the husband removed from the house. It was a silver plated silverware set in a brown box, the size of a brief case. The 7 th time I answered, I answered that it was the size and coloring of the lawyers brief case....the last time I answered, I looked at the Judge and asked the judge, "What part of my answer does the lawyer not get?" The Judge hid a big grin and I was dismissed.

I have thought about that myself. I don't believe for a minute that she went to/through the Hoover Dam. It came from Jodi's MOUTH. I also don't believe that she threw her weapons in the desert. She wouldn't dare take a chance that they might be recovered at some time. My guess is that they were thrown away at two totally different locations, and certainly NOT in Arizona. Maybe wrapped in some sort of garbage bag and thrown in two different dumpster's somewhere in Nevada, or two separate large bodies of water, or one dumpster and one BIG lake ...I'm only speculating here, but I definitely don't believe they are anywhere near where JA says they are.

Re: Hoover Dam

I am not familiar with the routes in that area of the country and state....but is there any other way FJA could have gone and not be detected?

IIRC, it was established early in the case (during Flores' JA interrogation?) that she crossed Hoover Dam. It was featured in the "I got lost" story and seems never to have been in question. Sure, if she went from CA to Utah directly, she would have skipped the dam altogether: you are on a very long interstate drive (I-15) at that point. Part of the elaborateness of JA's "I got lost" story may have been because she assumed there would be cameras on the dam and so LE could prove she was there?

Anyway, I think it's interesting that JA wasn't ever presented with an image of herself at the tollbooth heading from Arizona into Nevada.

Who knows? CMJA may have stashed the gun and knife....souvenirs? She stashed the phone that her aunt found.........

I have thought about that myself. I don't believe for a minute that she went to/through the Hoover Dam. It came from Jodi's MOUTH. I also don't believe that she threw her weapons in the desert. She wouldn't dare take a chance that they might be recovered at some time. My guess is that they were thrown away at two totally different locations, and certainly NOT in Arizona. Maybe wrapped in some sort of garbage bag and thrown in two different dumpster's somewhere in Nevada, or two separate large bodies of water, or one dumpster and one BIG lake ...I'm only speculating here, but I definitely don't believe they are anywhere near where JA says they are.

There are very few possible ways to go, especially within the timeline. I would assume she couldn't drive 95 mph for fear she'd be stopped by a panda car.

Via Hoover Dam is Choice #1.

I suppose she could have gone (Choice #2) to I-15 from Phoenix by going via Bullhead City/Laughlin or (Choice #3) west on I-10 and then north on 95 once in CA, but in the Choice #2 there might also be a toll bridge (?), and something has to explain why she pinged quite far into northwest Arizona. Maybe she had to cross Hoover Dam to get that ping? If she went on Choice #3, she could have got rid of the gun et al. in the CA desert? But Choice #3 would also really lengthen the trip...

Re: Hoover Dam

IIRC, it was established early in the case (during Flores' JA interrogation?) that she crossed Hoover Dam. It was featured in the "I got lost" story and seems never to have been in question. Sure, if she went from CA to Utah directly, she would have skipped the dam altogether: you are on a very long interstate drive (I-15) at that point. Part of the elaborateness of JA's "I got lost" story may have been because she assumed there would be cameras on the dam and so LE could prove she was there?

Anyway, I think it's interesting that JA wasn't ever presented with an image of herself at the tollbooth heading from Arizona into Nevada.

BBM. There aren't any toll booths on any of the borders around Arizona, just weigh stations, and Port of Entry's if there's an issue with "bugs" (fruit) or you're hauling animals who need health clearances.

In 2008, the security at Hoover had decreased dramatically...and we don't even know if she actually went there.

Wanna bet Nurmi just repeats the same things he did over and over again from Monday? *broken record*

I think we're going to get pretty bored...........again.

Carolyn Sung ‏@CarolynSungCNN 1m1 minute ago
#jodiarias mom and aunt just sat down, along w/ a supporter. Martinez just entered the courtroom as well.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 28s28 seconds ago
Juan is here in a black suit and teal tie with purple stripes. Jen here in red, Nurmi is around and we are waiting on #jodiarias #3tvarias

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 23s23 seconds ago
Juan is seated in front of me as we wait for the judge to finish off some other cases. #jodiarias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89