SIDEBAR #4- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, one of THE MOST useless waste of taxpayer money out of this whole trial.

I love all of the attention JA is getting. The higher she climbs in her perceived notoriety, the harder she will fall when all of this attention goes away.

She needs to be locked up 23 hours a day. No contact visits, 3 showers per week. Only 2 books at a time and limited writing utensils.

The only other thing I would love to see - all donations, money submitted to a commissary account be stopped and routed to the Alexander family. Not because they need it, but because she shouldn't be able to have even the smallest luxuries.

Artwork in prison is money. Prisoners trade/barter services like artwork, counsel, writing abilities, poems (to help other inmates and to send artful things to their family on the outside). Even though Arias would not have money in her account in the case of a wrongful death civil suit, JA would be able to barter if in the general population.

Having no contact with anyone outside of her 7x12 cell would ensure that she can't adjust to prison life. A manipulator needs victims. If she can't have contact with anyone, can't manipulate money or bartering into her account, this would be a personal hell on earth for her, and knowing that pleases me so very much!!

yup. agree 10000000%. but unfortunately, that is not how our [broken] prison system works. lots of privileges for these criminals.

I have been thinking about the Jurors. Thankfully they got it right thus far. Days of endless testimony. Days when I had the luxury of walking away. They did not. My Prayers are with them as they deliberate. I pray for the DP. Whatever they decide I will accept. I don't have to like it but certainly will respect it.

Thank you for this post! These jurors have been put through hell for over 4 months. I can't imagine what it felt like to have seen those horrible autopsy photos on a gigantic screen, to have witnessed Travis' family grief day after day, to have gone months without being able to speak with anyone about what they had seen or how they felt. To be sitting there today, knowing that they are being asked to decide whether or not another person will live or die.

I wish that they all knew that Travis' family and friends are united in their desire to see CMJA get the death penalty. At least after they do give her the DP, which I think they will, they will have that knowledge to help them know they made the right decision.

I don't understand the reason for showing her art work.
IMO it's not appropriate. She should focus on her remorse, and take the blame, :floorlaughing: ya ya I know.
Showing her art work IMO just goes to show more of her selfishness..

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 9m
Jodi Arias witness withdraws because of death threats http://azc.cc/A1h03

??? really - or should we not believe what MK says???!!!

I just got here for the day. Has anyone provided a source for this information from a reliable, unbiased journalist, like say...Beth Karas?

This chick really does not get it....this jury is OVER her. Murder in the first; extreme cruelty...GET IT, JA?? So she displays her "art," and the jurors think: "OK, she can color between the lines. Big whoop." Then they can thrill her with their own art work, right there on the dotted line: Death Penalty.

:jail:

For sure I'll be following this phase here; can't stand to watch JA's traveling circus one more second. Well, until Juan speaks, anyway. :)

Oh Gawd, I just envisioned Jodi showing off her "art" like it's Show & Tell in elementary school. This really would be pitiful if Jodi was not the most hated woman in the USA. I think she has won that crown from CaseyA. :facepalm:

I don't understand the reason for showing her art work.
IMO it's not appropriate. She should focus on her remorse, and take the blame, :floorlaughing: ya ya I know.
Showing her art work IMO just goes to show more of her selfishness..

yup and based on how the juror has been swinging thus far, I believe they will be thinking the same thing....

Wow, considering the source???

" By Michael Kiefer The Republic | azcentral.com Mon May 20, 2013 7:52 AM

Defense attorneys for Jodi Arias filed a motion for mistrial Sunday after a witness who was supposed to testify as to Arias’ character withdrew because she was being threatened.

Patricia Womack, a friend of Arias, was supposed to testify Friday in Maricopa County Superior Court, but could not because the defense attorneys and the prosecutor spent the afternoon behind closed doors, ostensibly arguing over the defense case.

“However, after returning home Ms. Womack began receiving threats, threats that included threats on her life if she were to testify on Ms. Arias’ behalf,” attorney Kirk Nurmi wrote in the motion. “On May 19, 2013, Ms. Womack contacted counsel for Ms. Arias that she is no longer willing to testify due to these threats. It should also be noted that these threats follow those made to Alyce LaViolette, a record of which was made ex-parte and under seal.”

The time on this article is 7:52 (PT?) and at 12:03 pm EDT, there is no record of this motion; other motions filed by the defense team during weekend hours have been available before court opened.

Rumors of Womack not testifying had been circulating since court was dismissed on Thursday. Kiefer is incorrect in stating that Womack was scheduled to testify on Friday, as that was a scheduled dark day for court.

Keifer has shown extreme bias in his reporting on the case and has resorted to sensational journalism. Time will bear this one out. If in fact such a motion has been filed, it means there will be another delay in today's proceedings. :-(

Before this thread closes, I just want to share what I found yesterday morning at a garage sale. I was looking for computer stuff and the lady hosting the sale had a very newish HP DV7 laptop that appeared to be "not working". This laptop is about 6 months old, so I inquire about the malfunction etc, she tells me that the video wasn't working since the last thunderstorm. Well, instead of scooping this deal, I asked her if I could take a look at it for her. Long story short, the required HD video driver somehow disappeared during the storm, and it was using the built-in VGA graphics driver. I connected it to the net, downloaded the correct driver and viola'..laptop back in perfect working order. The lady was really thankful and offered me my choice of anything for free. Since I specifically was looking for laptops/parts, I declined. As I was leaving, I noticed this item lying in the bottom of a "misc" box. I picked it up and back-stepped my way back over to her... " I would like to have this"? She said 'it is yours". Check it out.

Attachments

• 30ed.jpg
    30ed.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 98
I have to tell y'all- I have always been a nail biter - my entire life. I recently stopped biting, and clipped my nails for the very first time because they were TOO LONG!

WHAT!!

You cannot imagine how this small thing has made me insanely happy!

Isn't washing your hair with nails an amazing sensation????? Nail biter here who beat the compulsion then fell off the wagon and sits here today with stubs. I remember how amazing the feeling was though and I'm jealous. Proud of you but jealous. :seeya:

No, we shouldn't believe him. MK is a pro-defense drama queen! This is a lie! The witness, although we aren't allowed to sleuth her (can we now?), has some serious issues with her past; drugs, alcohol and arrests.

I read on another board that CMJA's Mom may be testifying. Any truth to that?

I wonder if this will be the first time in history, art is used as a mitigator in a DP case, only to be decried as forgeries and theft of intellectual property by the prosecutor...

she copies because she has no soul, and she is not an "artist".... she is not creative...she is a shell.

I am an artist and I say so.

I think you are exactly right! I collect art. It enriches my life to have some beautiful pictures on my wall. Every one of them speaks to me. It makes me happy to look art whether on my wall, or in someone else's home or in museums. To suggest that someone who copies ads is an artist is a travesty. Even if she were technically accomplished (which she is not), that is only part of what it takes to be an artist. She would need to be able to look at a scene or a person or a collection of objects and find meaning and beauty and want to convey that to others and she is incapable of doing that.

Anyone know what happened with the "investigation" into DB and JA's relationship over the weekend? I read about it on the Justice for TA fb page and posted here but then never followed up on it. Can't get on fb at work.

What is her drug thingie? TIA.

Hello? Anyone? Do you all hate me today or something?

Before this thread closes, I just want to share what I found yesterday morning at a garage sale. I was looking for computer stuff and the lady hosting the sale had a very newish HP DV7 laptop that appeared to be "not working". This laptop is about 6 months old, so I inquire about the malfunction etc, she tells me that the video wasn't working since the last thunderstorm. Well, instead of scooping this deal, I asked her if I could take a look at it for her. Long story short, the required HD video driver somehow disappeared during the storm, and it was using the built-in VGA graphics driver. I connected it to the net downloaded the correct driver and viola'..laptop back in perfect working order. The lady was really thankful and offered me my choice of anything for free. Since I specifically was looking for laptops/parts, I declined. As I was leaving, I noticed this item lying in the bottom of a "misc" box. I picked it up and back-stepped my way back over to her... " I would like to have this"? She said 'it is yours". Check it out.

Bless u!!!!

Dunno if we can believe him or not. Nurmi filing a motion for mistrial, probably true and a few more in his pocket. Funny though, I did not think any testimony was to be given Friday but Mr. Kiefer seems to think Ms. Womack was to testify on Friday but did not because the lawyers were in chambers all of Friday afternoon :D

Nurmi and his motion for mistrial because he has no witnesses - I dunno about you all but I see at least two sitting in the courtroom everyday. Never mind, to put put Mum or Aunt up there would kinda render that "no family support" thing moot wouldn't it ?

Before this thread closes, I just want to share what I found yesterday morning at a garage sale. I was looking for computer stuff and the lady hosting the sale had a very newish HP DV7 laptop that appeared to be "not working". This laptop is about 6 months old, so I inquire about the malfunction etc, she tells me that the video wasn't working since the last thunderstorm. Well, instead of scooping this deal, I asked her if I could take a look at it for her. Long story short, the required HD video driver somehow disappeared during the storm, and it was using the built-in VGA graphics driver. I connected it to the net, downloaded the correct driver and viola'..laptop back in perfect working order. The lady was really thankful and offered me my choice of anything for free. Since I specifically was looking for laptops/parts, I declined. As I was leaving, I noticed this item lying in the bottom of a "misc" box. I picked it up and back-stepped my way back over to her... " I would like to have this"? She said 'it is yours". Check it out.

precious!

fran

Oh Gawd, I just envisioned Jodi showing off her "art" like it's Show & Tell in elementary school. This really would be pitiful if Jodi was not the most hated woman in the USA. I think she has won that crown from CaseyA. :facepalm:

It seems very strange to me that art is being cited as a mitigating factor. With that said, I actually think she will use the art to talk about it in terms of growth, healing and catharsis. JMO

Keifer is not going to make up and quote from a made up motion. It's believable the motion was filed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand