SIDEBAR #42 - Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Bernina sorry you are having so much trouble getting help for your foot (what happened to your post????) :therethere:

images

link: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/...F31ATJLHnjPMQCkDNgbgdsHl1Wv1ZrO3hAwlnaLt822LQ
--------------

images

Link: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...IV8WLqWbxOvmbP4SkQZDrVsCZ9q9QgMJYonjAgmPkAg9Q
--------------

Have some ice cream, my dear, it will make you feel better:

images

Link: https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...b6Svu09_IovyXUJp6yz5Pffo1RTTxQKB_3Vq5mkVc7FPk
-------------------

This is what WAT used when he broke his foot: :blowkiss:

images

Link: https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...sWYF7Kj8LBPmqCv6u9Z7BkzDRdpy0Rbo68g9M6PWGnNDA
----------------------

Some funnies to cheer you:

There was a man who had a severely broken foot.

A bone from a dog's leg was used to mend it.

One day the man was out walking and met his doctor along the way.

The doctor asked him, "How are you getting along with that leg?"

The man replied, "Just fine, though I have a hard time keeping it down when I pass a tree."
----------------------------

This guy is in the hospital with two broken feet that he got from a car crash.

The nurse comes into the room that he is in and says that she has good news and bad news.

The guy asks for the bad news first.

The nurse says, ''We're going to have to remove your feet.''

Then the guy asks for the bad news.

The nurse says, ''The guy beside you wants to buy your sneakers.''
----------------------

A young brunette goes into the doctor's office and says that her body hurts wherever she touches it.

"Impossible," says the doctor. "Show me."

She takes her finger and pushes her elbow and screams in agony. She pushes her knee and screams, pushes her ankle and screams.

Everywhere she touches makes her scream.

The doctor says, "You're not really a brunette, are you?"

She says "No, I'm really a blonde".

"I thought so," he says. "You have a broken finger."
-----------------

Old Mrs. Brown goes to see the doctor.

"I think I've broken my ankle," she says, so the doctor examines her ankle.

"It's not broken," he says, "just severely sprained. Do not climb any stairs for four weeks."

One week later, Old Mrs. Brown, looking worn out, goes back to see the doctor.

"There's not much improvement," she says.

"Just be patient," says the doctor, "and remember: no stairs for another three weeks."

Another week later, Old Mrs. Brown goes to see the doctor once again. She's so exhausted she only just manages to walk in from the waiting room before flopping onto a chair.

"Listen, Doctor," she says, "I couldn't care less about my sprained ankle now, because there's no way I'm climbing that f-king drainpipe again."

:seeya:

:loveyou:

YorN, I deleted it cause it was way too much pity party.........that voice in the back of my head was saying "suck it up, buttercup!"

But: GOOD NEWS!!!

Was playing phone tag the last 2 days with the Ortho spec. receptionist from the one referral that supposedly DIDN'T take my insurance?

Well, she double checked and one of the docs DO!!!!! YAHHHHHHH!!!!!
Thursday I have an appointment at 2:00, and it's in Prescott.......Woot, WOOT!

I would LOVE WaT's 'cooter, I have so much to do with our awesome weather, uh, make that mildly bearable and down right disappointing weather, just nasty out there! :floorlaugh:
You kids back East are really getting the deep freeze, but Nature has a way of doing Payback on us. We can still have snow until April 1st, and the last freeze date is May 10th, so we are far from being out of the woods out here in Arizona! But I can honestly say this area is going to loose it's fruit this year, things are starting to bud.....

images

:blushing: I use Ontos as a foot rest, he's pretty toasty!

I finished Paul Sander's "Brain Damage" over the weekend while being held captive inside. I thought it was GOOD! Good enough to drop him a line on Facebook and send a friend request. (the trick with FB, if you're NOT a friend, your message goes to the "other mail" inbox and some people rarely check it.)
I followed the DeVault case like many of you did, and his observations as a juror where really interesting. There's even a couple of "surprises", in fact, the preface is a HUGE surprise.........it was too prejudicial to come into the trial, but my, oh my. There's the conversations after the trial, in the juror room before they left for the last time, with the Judge and attorneys. Very, very interesting.
His writing style is not in "concentrated form" like we see on the daily entry on Facebook. It is good. He presents a very easy explanation of the different phases in a murder trial here in Arizona, and just how he and the other jurors tackled the mitigation phase. And he had his own child abuse to add to the mix <---he caught a lot of DeVault's bologna like I did because he knew what PTSD was.
It actually brought me back to the "mitigating/aggravating" factors we should be looking at....not all this computer nonsense, and what a jury will accept and reject as proved and unproven.

The Judge's explanation on why he gave DeVault life will really hit you. He certainly wasn't asleep at the wheel, even though he looked like he was signing papers or bored out of his skull.

If any of you read it, I'd love to hear what you thought about it.

If Paul does publish another trial related book, I will certainly read it. I got it through Kindle Unlimited.

Has anyone been following the new thread of animated videos on this trial? I just can't agree with the person who made them... particularly whether there was a knife or gun first. The animations are good, I just wish there was more neutrality or better following of the evidence. Of course, I have to admit that we all have our own versions and maybe I just can't see his side clearly. No more animations for me, anyway.

Book review: I am still plugging away at the e-book Audacity: Jodi Arias 18 Days on the Stand. It isn't my cup of tea. I didn't follow the Pistorius trial very much, so the comparisons mean very little to me. And there is too much emphasis on the religious aspects for my taste, not in whether one believes but the interpretation of what some religions teach. It hasn't capture my attention like I was expecting, so I can put it down and forget to go back. I am still waiting to get to her days on the stand and I am nearly halfway through.

Bernina.... Your post was fine! Glad you are finally going to get someone to look at your foot.

Yes/No .... all OK your way for now? How much snow is on the ground now?

Has anyone been following the new thread of animated videos on this trial? I just can't agree with the person who made them... particularly whether there was a knife or gun first. The animations are good, I just wish there was more neutrality or better following of the evidence. Of course, I have to admit that we all have our own versions and maybe I just can't see his side clearly. No more animations for me, anyway.

Book review: I am still plugging away at the e-book Audacity: Jodi Arias 18 Days on the Stand. It isn't my cup of tea. I didn't follow the Pistorius trial very much, so the comparisons mean very little to me. And there is too much emphasis on the religious aspects for my taste, not in whether one believes but the interpretation of what some religions teach. It hasn't capture my attention like I was expecting, so I can put it down and forget to go back. I am still waiting to get to her days on the stand and I am nearly halfway through.

Bernina.... Your post was fine! Glad you are finally going to get someone to look at your foot.

BBM: I'm going to agree with you on that! And I don't think comparing the 2 killers and victims fit the bill. 2 different court systems, the social status of both killers and victims were entirely different, and religion isn't an issue worth doing commentary on because all it is, is CMJA's perception, ie, lies.
I didn't follow OP, just caught the headlines right after the murder. It didn't have any type of draw for me because I don't have an interest in the Judicial System in South Africa. I don't find the individuals in it interesting.
And I want an ending, not a "wait and see". The hyperlinks were different, it did get you over to pics, statements, evidence, etc.

JMO!!!!

YorN, I deleted it cause it was way too much pity party.........that voice in the back of my head was saying "suck it up, buttercup!"

But: GOOD NEWS!!!

Was playing phone tag the last 2 days with the Ortho spec. receptionist from the one referral that supposedly DIDN'T take my insurance?

Well, she double checked and one of the docs DO!!!!! YAHHHHHHH!!!!!
Thursday I have an appointment at 2:00, and it's in Prescott.......Woot, WOOT!

I would LOVE WaT's 'cooter, I have so much to do with our awesome weather, uh, make that mildly bearable and down right disappointing weather, just nasty out there! :floorlaugh:
You kids back East are really getting the deep freeze, but Nature has a way of doing Payback on us. We can still have snow until April 1st, and the last freeze date is May 10th, so we are far from being out of the woods out here in Arizona! But I can honestly say this area is going to loose it's fruit this year, things are starting to bud.....

BBM I know how you feel-I don't do pity parties myself (except about the snowwwwwwwwww :( )

B9EIbl0CUAA3kdr.jpg

Link: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9EIbl0CUAA3kdr.jpg
----------------

That's good news about your appointment on Thursday. :)

How much snow? maybe almost 5' and the poor telephone guy is coming out to find out why I don't have phone service. I told him to bring a shovel
because the phone pole is way back from the house and there's 5' of snow to trudge thru- poor guy. :sheesh:

Now most of the snow is icy and heavy now, too. :( My son's car got stuck in the driveway when he was backing up to park- had to use a shovel to dig out.

Heard there's more snow coming this Thursday. :(

Did I say i hate winter? Yes. Well I'll say it again, for good measure. :)

O/T.. I think this computer is possessed. Yesterday message "your computer will not start". Tonight for the he(( o it I try.! wahlah!! I bought it used and so sorry. I didn't save, cost me. I am scared -hitless o missing part of the trial , good part if it ever comes. I am thinking of a notebook or HP. streaming. Anyone have one? I know zilch about computers. :tyou:

YESorNO~ saw your post! you might have a guy in your backyard til Spring.:laughcry:

Anyone watching the Westminster dog show on the USA channel?

Just watched a beautiful dog- leonberger breed- never heard of it, but I want one.

leonberger%204%20700.jpg

Link: http://www.gentlegiantsrescue.com/images/leonberger 4 700.jpg

Leonberger.grid-6x2.jpg

Link: http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/Leonberger.grid-6x2.jpg

Reminds me of my dog Buddy who died about 6 years ago. He was a beauty.

Three new dog breeds recognized by AKC
Meet the Icelandic sheepdog, Cane Corso and Leonberger

"...The lion-maned Leonberger, named after the town of Leonberg, Germany, from which it hails, has been part of that country&#8217;s culture since the 1800s. Its exquisite long fur made it popular with German artists, who often used Leonbergers as models. Despite their large size, they&#8217;re considered cuddly and get along well with children and other family members.

But the Leonberger is more than just a pretty, friendly face &#8212; they&#8217;re athletic and have been used as water rescue dogs and been trained to jump out of helicopters...

Leonbergers are so gentle and fond of children that they are often referred to as &#8220;nanny&#8221; dogs...."

http://www.today.com/id/37993800/ns/today-today_pets/t/three-new-dog-breeds-recognized-akc/

ETA: Leonberger just won 2nd place in the working group. :)

Portuguese water dog won 1st place. Congrats.

O/T.. I think this computer is possessed. Yesterday message "your computer will not start". Tonight for the he(( o it I try.! wahlah!! I bought it used and so sorry. I didn't save, cost me. I am scared -hitless o missing part of the trial , good part if it ever comes. I am thinking of a notebook or HP. streaming. Anyone have one? I know zilch about computers. :tyou:

YESorNO~ saw your post! you might have a guy in your backyard til Spring.:laughcry:

I have an HP notebook. I've had it about 6 weeks now. Had wiring problems with my Gateway. HP is okay. Very touchy.

How much snow? maybe almost 5' and the poor telephone guy is coming out to find out why I don't have phone service. I told him to bring a shovel
because the phone pole is way back from the house and there's 5' of snow to trudge thru- poor guy. :sheesh:

Now most of the snow is icy and heavy now, too. :( My son's car got stuck in the driveway when he was backing up to park- had to use a shovel to dig out.

Heard there's more snow coming this Thursday. :(

Did I say i hate winter? Yes. Well I'll say it again, for good measure. :)

We have had more than our share of snow some years, but I cannot, repeat CANNOT, imagine 5 FEET of snow on the ground. I feel bad for you, Y/N. It sounds dreadful. And the poor critters who need to get out --- poor things.

I have watched the the dog show a bit. Some beautiful dogs, for sure.

I agree with you. His animations are good, but he appears to have an agenda to prove Dr. Horn wrong, when it's been explained to him several times that it's physically impossible to have a gunshot wound hit the brain and NOT damage the Dura Mater.

The beagle just won the dog show- Miss T :beagle:

:fireworks:

I thought it was between the Springer Spaniel and the beagle. Either one was good for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukasmalachi