SIDEBAR #42 - Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont be afraid to jump in on that Trial. It's Trial by tweet. Nothing will be tweeted that cannot be discussed. Glad u enjoyed our hockey lab LOL
ETA-with Canadian Trial there is a publication ban until Trial. You will get hearing dates. Once Trial begins it's all good.

Thanks for the trial tips, Bravo. Enjoy your vacation!

geevee posted this on retrial thread:

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 43m43 minutes ago
No hearing for #JodiArias tomorrow so court resumes Wednesday at 9:30am MST.

Why no hearing tomorrow? Is she just kicking the can down the road, as usual?

Okay everyone. I am a dog lover. But my little Punkin passed away in 2003 and I haven't had the nerve to get another dog. She suffered so hard. And when I really start wanting one, my DH says no. That said, I am loving all your
stories tonight. My son has the most beautiful Lab. And I guess we all have stories because they become family. :)
Thanks for helping me remember Punkin. :)

I swear....I keep trying to use more of the happy icon buttons, but every time i do, my iPad shuts down on me. I just gave up.

My family lost our little Ben, my fur child, to leukemia several years back. I know of your hurt and avoidance in getting a new fur baby. My family got a fur baby from the shelter a few years back and it was a good decision for us. Our new little man will never be Ben but he's a wonderful Cooper. I carry Ben in my heart everyday and will see him again someday.... For now a little Cooper is happy to have a home and our family is happy to love him. Believe it or not it helps your heart to remember with a smile than tears. Ben and Cooper are very different breeds and this made it easier in the early days. Think about a shelter baby.

images

Link: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/...klZ1ktdze0wQyc1_TWompnX234nRFJ9mnJ-K3LbINUX3w
--------------------------

Wonder why there is no hearing today? JSS will probably address the motion on Wednesday?
------------------

What if Arizona repealed the death penalty?

Two sides:

REPEALING WOULD BE POSITIVE (The Most Rev. Thomas J. Olmsted is bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Phoenix.)

"...If Arizona were to repeal the death penalty, it would be a positive step forward in promoting a culture of life and it would benefit us by strengthening the moral tone and texture of our society..."

NO JUSTIFICATION IN REPEAL (Bill Montgomery is Maricopa County attorney.)

"...How about another what if: what if we reduced the time and expense of imposing the death penalty for a more swift, sure and certain sentence?"

http://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/2014/05/09/arizona-repealed-death-penalty/8873537/
---------------------------

Juror Stress: The Hidden Influence of the Jury Experience

"...realizing that law-abiding citizens called for jury duty have fewer rights than alleged criminals, realizing that the trials are seldom really about guilt or innocence but rather about some minutiae in a subparagraph of a subsection in the criminal code, and generally having to deal with the system...."

http://www.thejuryexpert.com/2009/05/juror-stress-the-hidden-influence-of-the-jury-experience/
-----------------------

The Pennsylvania prison system will stop putting mentally ill inmates in solitary

"...As a result of a settlement reached between Arizona and the American Civil Liberties Union, inmates with serious mental health issues in that state will be able to spend more time outside their cells...."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...top-putting-mentally-ill-inmates-in-solitary/
--------------------------

Pennsylvania Governor Says Death Penalty Flawed, Imposes Moratorium

"..."Gov. Wolf's decision today is a travesty because it prevents the commonwealth and the family of Cpl. Dickson from securing the penalty that is deserved. This decision also will affect the families of victims from all across the state who have had their loved ones torn from them due to senseless acts of violence from dangerous criminals," said the group's president, Joseph Kovel...."

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...alty-Flawed-Imposes-Moratorium-291847811.html
-----------------

Anyone remember this trial?

Dalia Dippolito conviction reversed, granted new trial

"...In its opinion, the appellate court deemed that the trial court erred by denying her request to individually question prospective jurors about their exposure to pretrial publicity about her case and denying her request to strike the entire jury pool after all the jurors heard an allegation that Dippolito had attempted to poison her husband...."

http://www.local10.com/news/dalia-dippolito-conviction-reversed-granted-new-trial/27224540
--

Dalia Dippolito preparing to defend herself in second murder trial

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/n...ito-preparing-to-defend-herself-in-sec/ng6Lb/
-----------------

The Enforcers of the Death Penalty

How does capital punishment affect the prison guards and wardens tasked with carrying it out?

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/10/the-enforcers-of-the-death-penalty/379901/

This is a memorial erected in Glendale, Az for slain Officer Anthony Holly. Holly was gunned down in 2007 during a routine traffic stop. JM fought hard to bring justice for this family. And finally, the countries longest untried murder case ended last year. Bryan Hulsey was handed the Death Penalty. Now, JM has to close missy's:jail: trial, the second longest trial, or has it moved to the longest trial yet???

10364096_352867244906858_2147774827425164805_n.jpg

Link: https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...=1037b803463ddd8fb3dd3242820edc4d&oe=5589B1AD

Just like the cat, the *advertiser censored* keeps coming back:

A good man is dead. His murderess in the courtroom.
She preens herself, dressed in her Pollyanna costume.

Her team spews ugliness, their “truths” from imaginary places
From her sick invented memories and witnesses hidden faces.

When truths are revealed, exploding and liberated from the lies
Her pollyana costume reveals the evil behind her disguise.

Her team is relentless, regurgitating the hideous, the gross and the vile.
Across her lifeless face appears a spiteful, satisfied “I told you so” smile.

As their lies are debunked, their stories implausible to digest
The defense team rallies, slinging vile is when they’re at their best.

The accusations get more gratuitous, meant to disgust and inflame.
Murdering this man is not enough. They must destroy his name.

All this happens in a courtroom, where to truth each one is sworn.
But when they have no truths , the defense resorts to *advertiser censored*.

After denigrating the victim with lies of abuse, violence, and control,
The team hits their stride, with their extensive obsession with “holes.”

Their so called experts extol the murderer’s grace, her silent scorn
In reaction to her partner’s, (the victim’s), adoration of child *advertiser censored*.

How she violently, yet quietly, reacts to illicit graphics that he views.
How he reacts to her intrusion with beatings, each time a new bruise.

How he chokes her out, spins her around, and takes her from behind
Hits, screams, threatens, to which she became meekly resigned.

Again and again no evidence, no proof, abuse lies are getting worn.
But what they believe they can prove, is his predilection to *advertiser censored*.

The computers are searched, nameless witnesses cite their proof.
How unbelievable these expert witnesses, their names and jobs a spoof!

But proof they have, truckloads of *advertiser censored* and videos they maintain,
Viewed by this man, whose name is said with rude disdain.

But the truckloads full of *advertiser censored*, all this indisputable proof
Disappears with a whimper after real experts expose each expert doof.

No *advertiser censored* pics of children, no sites where they’re viewed,
No photo exhibits to shock the jury with the crude and the lewd.

The angry murderer scribbles her wrath in her book,
Passes it to her attorney and demands they continue to look!

“*advertiser censored* WILL be found, if not children then adults”
They vehemently agree, promising lots of *advertiser censored* results.

The trial goes on, the message of stalking, obsession and murder get lost
As the slime trail grows deeper with every line the defense crossed.

The murderer’s life was obsession, she was fixated and driven
He wasn’t going to get away, not after all she had given.

The story is one of murder, with evidence and confession.
The facts were against her, clearly driven by hate and obsession

She viciously murdered her victim, as was her intention that day.
Death wasn’t enough, his reputation also she must slay.

Her defenses have changed, mental illness her newest invented theme
Along with abuse, control, violence, and of course the *advertiser censored* scheme!

It reminds of the child’s song, about a cat who kept coming back:|
“But the cat came back the very next day,
The cat came back, we thought he was a goner
But the cat came back, it just couldn’t stay away.”

In this trial, it’s:
The *advertiser censored* came back, the very next day
The *advertiser censored* came back, every single day
The *advertiser censored* came back even when explained away
But the *advertiser censored* comes back….it just can’t stay away……

BBM She needs to have that smile slapped off of her face or maybe, as my mother would do, her hair pulled. :)

Wonderful poem, Spycraft.

How are you feeling?

Just like the cat, the *advertiser censored* keeps coming back:

A good man is dead. His murderess in the courtroom.
She preens herself, dressed in her Pollyanna costume.

Her team spews ugliness, their “truths” from imaginary places
From her sick invented memories and witnesses hidden faces.

When truths are revealed, exploding and liberated from the lies
Her pollyana costume reveals the evil behind her disguise.

Her team is relentless, regurgitating the hideous, the gross and the vile.
Across her lifeless face appears a spiteful, satisfied “I told you so” smile.

As their lies are debunked, their stories implausible to digest
The defense team rallies, slinging vile is when they’re at their best.

The accusations get more gratuitous, meant to disgust and inflame.
Murdering this man is not enough. They must destroy his name.

All this happens in a courtroom, where to truth each one is sworn.
But when they have no truths , the defense resorts to *advertiser censored*.

After denigrating the victim with lies of abuse, violence, and control,
The team hits their stride, with their extensive obsession with “holes.”

Their so called experts extol the murderer’s grace, her silent scorn
In reaction to her partner’s, (the victim’s), adoration of child *advertiser censored*.

How she violently, yet quietly, reacts to illicit graphics that he views.
How he reacts to her intrusion with beatings, each time a new bruise.

How he chokes her out, spins her around, and takes her from behind
Hits, screams, threatens, to which she became meekly resigned.

Again and again no evidence, no proof, abuse lies are getting worn.
But what they believe they can prove, is his predilection to *advertiser censored*.

The computers are searched, nameless witnesses cite their proof.
How unbelievable these expert witnesses, their names and jobs a spoof!

But proof they have, truckloads of *advertiser censored* and videos they maintain,
Viewed by this man, whose name is said with rude disdain.

But the truckloads full of *advertiser censored*, all this indisputable proof
Disappears with a whimper after real experts expose each expert doof.

No *advertiser censored* pics of children, no sites where they’re viewed,
No photo exhibits to shock the jury with the crude and the lewd.

The angry murderer scribbles her wrath in her book,
Passes it to her attorney and demands they continue to look!

“*advertiser censored* WILL be found, if not children then adults”
They vehemently agree, promising lots of *advertiser censored* results.

The trial goes on, the message of stalking, obsession and murder get lost
As the slime trail grows deeper with every line the defense crossed.

The murderer’s life was obsession, she was fixated and driven
He wasn’t going to get away, not after all she had given.

The story is one of murder, with evidence and confession.
The facts were against her, clearly driven by hate and obsession

She viciously murdered her victim, as was her intention that day.
Death wasn’t enough, his reputation also she must slay.

Her defenses have changed, mental illness her newest invented theme
Along with abuse, control, violence, and of course the *advertiser censored* scheme!

It reminds of the child’s song, about a cat who kept coming back:|
“But the cat came back the very next day,
The cat came back, we thought he was a goner
But the cat came back, it just couldn’t stay away.”

In this trial, it’s:
The *advertiser censored* came back, the very next day
The *advertiser censored* came back, every single day
The *advertiser censored* came back even when explained away
But the *advertiser censored* comes back….it just can’t stay away……

Did you write this poem Spy ? It's very good. Thanks for sharing

This was hysterical.

I've been obsessed lately over in the retrial thread but I love coming back here to catch up on the important things in life. :)

Your lab stories are so funny and we can all relate as each of our "fur babies" do these sorts of things on occasion.

My Yorkie pulled a funny one the other day. We had a possum in the yard and my dog loves to pretend he is a bad azz. He will bark like crazy in the window at any wild animal and he wants me to get him on a leasch to go chase after it and chase him out of the yard.

Well, since the possum wasnt leaving the yard and my dog was barking like crazy, I decided to give him some fun so hooked him up and out the door we ran. Well, if anybody knows anything about possums, they dont call it playing possum for nothing. The thing just stood there and wouldnt run off.

I of course would not let my dog get too close to prevent injury to either the possum or my dog and the most hysterical thing happened. My dog at first acted like he was all ready to "sick em", and once he found out the thing wasnt going to run away, all of a sudden, my dog wasnt interested anymore. Because he obviously did not want to get too close and have a real confrontation or anything. LOL

I had to walk him away from the Possum and pretend he did great and was a good watch dog, and gave him a biscuit when we got back inside. It was so comical.

LOL ...Your Yorkie sure showed that possum :giggle: That's so funny. We all love our furbabies :heartbeat:

I know what you mean about getting so involved in the retrial thread. I needed a break from JA, for my own good. My daughter says I am taking this trial too personal :smile: Methinks she is right! I really dread the defense side today...But I'll still be there!

Why no hearing on the "prosecutorial misconduct" today? Maybe the Courts are tired of this nonsense, too.

I just may follow Dalia Dipolito re-trial. But do I really want to get that involved in another case that has a defendant who reminds me of Jodi? Not the crime, but the personality, seems similar. I have not followed Dalia's case so far ...... maybe I will. She has the acting skills of JA, for sure.

Good Morning all. Spitting snow in Redneckville.

IS there trial today????

I remember now that the trial resumes on Wednesday.

I remember after Avery arrived and I was so obsessed watching constantly and demanding such that I didn't want too much ruined in our home. I didn't think that was much to ask for given we are moving into retirement and it was our Son's dog moving in. Not only for our sake but more worried about what she might ingest. Yes there were some minor things we didn't care about that could be repaired. Worst for me was the dark hardwoods. I cringed. Never said much. A friend of mine who had a Lab said. Your floors have character. Good enough for me.

My sister has two spoiler havanese (forgive spelling) my nephew is planning on getting a lab--they also have dark hardwood. I don't think lab will be a good fit there since the girls are soooooo spoiled (they have bought me tickets to puppy sit so they don't have to go in a kennel) it will be interesting

So, who besides me thinks if she gets the death penalty, we'll finally get to see the "stun gun" in action? (By tweet)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Blue

Activation of the stun belt is very wishful thinking.

Thinking that we share.

1251gdl.png

Been reading today and as usual my thanks button isn't working.

I just want to post this poem for those that haven't taken the plunge since losing their furry family member.

http://www.rescuepledge.org/a-dogs-last-will-and-testament/

We live lakeside in the country and we've had several dogs through the years. It's so hard to lose them and I always swear no more. Then some baby will wrap his/her tongue around my neck and pull me in.

I have a quick funny about one of our labs from when she was a puppy. She thought she ruled the world and wasn't about to let anything change that position. She chased the ducks and geese so they would stay a few feet off the shore and taunt her, then fly away when she went in for the attack. It was a great game that they all loved. She would let the deer come close to the house then bravely show them their boundaries.

We rented a pasture to the back side of the house out for cattle. They were usually far from the house but one day they came close to the fence to visit. Our Zena put up with it for awhile, but suddenly charged the cows like she usually did with the deer. It was hilarious as she charged till about four feet from them and realized they weren't going to run from her like the deer always do. She planted her feet to a screeching halt and slowly backed away. She knew we were watching, but desperately tried to cover and make it look like a "well, I guess I showed them" event. The shocked and sheepish look on her face was priceless.

Good morning from snowy VA. :) We have about 6" of snow here just south of Richmond.

My poor little recently adopted dog (the one in my avatar) is built like a corgi and he doesn't appear to have any experience with snow. He saw the large pile of shoveled snow next to our porch this morning and decided to use it instead of the cleaned-off stairs to the yard. It was about 3 feet high. He's....maybe 18" tall? He jumped, and just went *poof* and disappeared into it. I almost peed myself laughing.

Snow hijinks aside, I came to post an article I saw linked from the "State Vs JA" page on FB. It's an interview with the foreman of the jury on the Michael Dunn trial and I found it very interesting. I have to wonder what would have happened with the first trial if we'd had someone like that foreman instead of Mr. Zervakos.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/lead-michael-dunn-juror-reveals-never-before-heard-details/31240320

In Cold Blood is on TCM right now- great movie, IMO

Our Son is being married In Vegas April 2016. We have been to Vegas many times Hubby and I. Do you know Boulder City Nevada? I luv visiting there. Such a quaint artsy town. Some really good eateries there and the playhouse Dezi Arnez Jr. and his wife own there.

I've never been to Boulder City but, my MIL always talked about wanting to move there and suggested it as a good place for us to raise our kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx