SIDEBAR #5- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you see that the Japanese press was at the courthouse yesterday? They said they were there because it would be good information on how to be a juror. Something about Japan just started having jury trials back in '09.

Yeah, we started the citizen jury system in 09, but in the cases I've followed here (not many, very very low crime), the judge has ruled.

Beyond Belief, trust me...nobody around me in this entire country has a clue or would even care about this case. Thank god for WS!...:rocker:

Lot of crazy crime in Japan...especially juvenile crime.

You ever heard about those guy who kidnapped, tortured, raped and killed that 17yo schoolgirl? Held her for 49 days or something.

How about the kid who cut the head off a boy at his school and left the head at the school gates?

Oh boy...Japan has some really, really...really crazy and cruel crime

I wish we knew more abt the jurors. I think their own personal life experiences will play a large role on how they will vote.

They might be asking themselves is it right to kill? Hmm we just ruled guilty in this horrific case where the clear message is that killing is wrong...now we have to decide if we should kill...didn't we just hear about how wrong it is over the past few months?

Lot of crazy crime in Japan...especially juvenile crime.

You ever heard about those guy who kidnapped, tortured, raped and killed that 17yo schoolgirl? Held her for 49 days or something.

How about the kid who cut the head off a boy at his school and left the head at the school gates?

Oh boy...Japan has some really, really...really crazy and cruel crime

I will be respectful of your snarky comment. If you didn't mean to be, then I apologize for misinterpreting you. There are crazies everywhere, yes. But let's just look at the stats. Japan is well known to be an extremely safe country. The homicide rate is 0.83 per 100,000 people per year. In the US, it's 4.8. The biggest crime in JP is bicycle theft...dear oh dear!

It makes you wonder whats stopping a decision. I'll be really interested in how the vote is divided.

They might be asking themselves is it right to kill? Hmm we just ruled guilty in this horrific case where the clear message is that killing is wrong...now we have to decide if we should kill...didn't we just hear about how wrong it is over the past few months?

This argument drives me crazy! Yes it's wrong to kill unjustified, innocent etc. Yet PEOPLE kill in wars, cops kill, heck it's justified to defend yourself. It just seems so silly to me that people say the DP is the same as killing a victim of crime. Same thing as the 'it won't bring the victim back argument'...well perhaps then we shouldn't punish anyone because NOTHING will bring someone back.

jmo...pretty strong supporter of the DP!

Let's hope today is the day we can put an end to this .

I am really beginning to wonder if the sentence should be left up to a jury. That is a tremendous decision to make for an regular Joe or Jill. Of course I have no suggestion to do it any other way.

I heard it on HLN twice today. Certain behaviors and disorders warrant it. Shes a dope. On the other hand, the violence in the womens prisons are high. Perryville is currently being sued for this reason. The girl gang members are violent, and could care less about rules or lawsuits. Jodi would not fair well in the population. Either way shes screwed.
I sincerely doubt the veracity of their reporting. There are laws, rules and regulations which govern how a prisoner is housed. I can not believe that a prison official who has not met CMJA or had her properly evaluated would make such a pronouncement. It makes absolutely no sense that some official from afar feels they are capable of pronouncing the long term housing of a potential non-DP inmate. They know no more of JA then we do, they no nothing of how she will adjust to prison, or what changes, if any she will undergo.

I am really beginning to wonder if the sentence should be left up to a jury. That is a tremendous decision to make for an regular Joe or Jill. Of course I have no suggestion to do it any other way.

To me this falls into the category of We the People and We the People need to decide and be responsible for our decision i.e. to have the DP. It's not often regular Joe and Jill are held up to the standards (laws) put in place. I think having a DP certifying process in place for jurors addresses this; those who don't agree with it are not forced to serve.

I hope the decision is resting where it should here, not being able to agree if the mitigating factors actually overcome the aggravating.

:twocents::twocents:

Perryville recycles material for new mattresses. They use the usual waste and prisoner waste. What that consist of only the county I'm sure knows...gah Completly cleaned for human use.

1. clothing
2. linens
3. paper products? oh please no
4. old pillows or mattesses (ewww)
5. secure jail tv's at $300 per tv. recycle to the next inmate, who wants a clear see through tv but Dr. Fessel, miss you Dr. btw. I remember your pictures of a prison/jail tv. Thanks!

We've recycled in Pima for years. Go Jodi. recycle. Watch out people. JA's coming! She made a statement about recycling. That's all. No action. No nothing but she said it. no words. evil .....bad word. person. Night all.

The Goodwill wouldn't take my old mattresses, maybe Joan of Ark the Recycler can help me out??

:banghead: :jail: :banghead:

The thing I cannot get past is JA chasing TA down and then slitting his throat. For me, that's as bad as anything an individual can do. That and slandering Travis post-murder. This is why I cannot imagine any sentence apart from death.

Perryville recycles material for new mattresses. They use the usual waste and prisoner waste. What that consist of only the county I'm sure knows...gah Completly cleaned for human use.

1. clothing
2. linens
3. paper products? oh please no
4. old pillows or mattesses (ewww)
5. secure jail tv's at $300 per tv. recycle to the next inmate, who wants a clear see through tv but Dr. Fessel, miss you Dr. btw. I remember your pictures of a prison/jail tv. Thanks!

We've recycled in Pima for years. Go Jodi. recycle. Watch out people. JA's coming! She made a statement about recycling. That's all. No action. No nothing but she said it. no words. evil .....bad word. person. Night all.

If Jodi thinks she's going to be busy changing the world with her proposals, she had better think again. haha. If she gets life, she will be more focused on surviving the harsh realities of prison social culture. Those criminals will bully and rip her apart, don't you think? She may end up having to be the girlfriend of some tough inmate to help her get by. Oh well!!

BBM
=hello people;9483854]They might be asking themselves is it right to kill? Hmm we just ruled guilty in this horrific case where the clear message is that killing is wrong...now we have to decide if we should kill...didn't we just hear about how wrong it is over the past few months?[/QUOTE]

RE: BBM ^ In all due respect, I don't think that's at all what these jurors are asking themselves... These jurors went through the grueling process of juror selection and are/were deemed "death qualified." With that said, I do believe they are struggling with the decision, as they should be (it is death...). But, in my humble opinion, they're struggle is not with the question "is it right to kill?", but rather "is it right to sentence Jodi Arias to death for this crime?" And that is the appropriate and specific question they must ask and answer...

Did the jury hear about the 9mm gun JA bought after she slaughtered TA and how it was found in the rental car?

AFAIC she has no mitigating factors. IMO JA would have killed again - why else buy a 9mm after stabbing, nearly decapitating an ex boyfriend who wanted nothing more to do with her?

This "she has no prior criminal history" is bunk. She has none that she was convicted for but her actions prior to her slaughtering TA clearly show that she has no regard for the law (trespassing, breaking and entering, slashing tires, etc.).

IMO JA is a danger to anyone around her, if she gets LWOP she will be a danger to the other inmates.

Bumping this because it was helpful to me.

:bump:

Honestly I can only watch the ones where the reporters go after her. I just can't watch one where she simply spews. Any recommendation that won't make me pull out my hair????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234