Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
images

Link: https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/...8jet6MlnJZG800Xs_lVMccUEb3sjRTz3kns9HHu5G-CJg
-----------------------------------------------

Leak of juror identities in Arias trial can’t be pinpointed

"PHOENIX (AP) - An investigation into the leaks of the identities of jurors at the Jodi Arias murder trial could not pinpoint who was responsible for the illegal disclosures, but it ruled out court employees as the culprit behind the violation...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/may/29/leak-of-juror-identities-in-arias-trial-cant-be-pi/

CGPP6jQUgAA8is7.jpg

Link: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGPP6jQUgAA8is7.jpg
-----------------------------------------

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 8h8 hours ago
JH who killed 12 injured 70 #Theatershooting coming off more sympathetic than #JodiArias who killed one & lied every which way about it.
------------------------------------------

Barbra Scrivner thought winning clemency was the hard part. Then she got out.

"“Pretty much every day I would cry,” Scrivner said, choking up at the memory. “Because it’s not what I wanted to get out for. There were a couple of times where I was like, ‘I had a better life in prison.’”...

...Criminal justice experts call the process of getting out of prison and then reintegrating back into society “reentry,” and it’s universally recognized as an incredibly challenging — and for some, impossible — task..."

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/barbra-scrivner-thought-winning-clemency-was-the-120128031516.html
-----------------------------------------------

So I think we have an excellent idea who released the names of the jurors, don't we? Unbelievable. I had truly hoped that the DT would conduct themselves honorably, but that ship sailed a long time ago. Very disappointing.

Thank you for the get wells and advice. Doc put me on Levaquin 500 MG once a day for 5 days, drink plenty of water and rest and if I get any worse go ER room.

Had a rough sleepless night. Hot coffee will help me get up the mucus (I think any hot liquid would). Plus, I use the 'Breather' that I got in Rehab and it helps too. It is resistive breathing training http://www.alimed.com/the-breather.html I use it as part of my exercises I do for strength training I learned.

Still feeling yucky and going back bed and try get some sleep.

:blowkiss::grouphug:

Can you take Robitussin DM? It has the mucus buster in it and helps keep secretions more liquified. Also, don't forget Gatorade or the equivalent as it helps replace the fluid loss from respiratory illness.

Can you take Robitussin DM? It has the mucus buster in it and helps keep secretions more liquified. Also, don't forget Gatorade or the equivalent as it helps replace the fluid loss from respiratory illness.

I cannot take any medicine with DM (I am on Synthroid daily)~I have no thyroid). I do take Mucinex (without any letters behind it. Stilled hyped up! Not feeling so great either. I usually use albuterol as my recuse inhaler, or if I was sick... just never this much. Maybe the meds Doctor put me on is causing it...off to wander the house, pick up things, lay them back down....

I cannot take any medicine with DM (I am on Synthroid daily)~I have no thyroid). I do take Mucinex (without any letters behind it. Stilled hyped up! Not feeling so great either. I usually use albuterol as my recuse inhaler, or if I was sick... just never this much. Maybe the meds Doctor put me on is causing it...off to wander the house, pick up things, lay them back down....

Did your doctor give you a Medrol Dose pack or any form of steroid? You must be shaking like a leaf with the Albuterol and Atrovent treatments! Bless your heart. Quinolones are very good for respiratory infections. I wish I could still take them as I had anaphylaxis to them and required an ambulance trip to the ER. I am so sorry you are going through this. I hope you feel better soon.

Poor baby. :( Decaf only for you, missy! I'm on ProAir and Symbicort inhalers myself, so I feel your pain. There seem to be so many of us with lung problems, we should have our own Websleuths thread: The Heavy Breathers, or something like that.

emo join us.gif
Websleuths Sidebarian Heavy Breathers Society

Anyhoo, hang tough, babycakes. ((HUG))

Poor baby. :( Decaf only for you, missy! I'm on ProAir and Symbicort inhalers myself, so I feel your pain. There seem to be so many of us with lung problems, we should have our own Websleuths thread: The Heavy Breathers, or something like that.

View attachment 75602

:gathering: We can all exchange breathing treatments and plans - I'll see your ProAir and raise you a Provental :deepbreaths::floorlaugh:

Kidding aside, it's not a laughing matter when you can't breathe and I'm right there with everyone else.

Went to a new allergist/asthma doctor - gave me two new inhalers - Dulera, and Spiriva.
Continue taking my Qvar and Provental or nebulizer - and the rest of the meds I'm on - been on a steady stream of prednisone for years now.
Can't seem to shake them, every time I'm close to working down and discontinue - back in the ER or hospital.....

I hope this time their plan will work - at times I'm at my wits ends :pullhair:
Maybe this time I can actually get off the prednisone for a while :loveyou:

:grouphug:Hugs to all and may we :getwell:

Hey! :seeya:

Casey Anthony Finally Talking ...For a Price (with clip)

"Casey Anthony is ready to sing like a canary -- a well paid one -- because TMZ got video of the acquitted alleged child killer touching down in NYC, and she's about to do a big interview...."

http://www.tmz.com/2015/05/30/casey...ntertainment+News+|+Celebrity+News+|+TMZ.com)

Who's that old man walking with her? PR man? :thinking:
Murderers have PR people now- PFTTTT :(
pfft2-smiley.gif
to CA...

:gathering: We can all exchange breathing treatments and plans - I'll see your ProAir and raise you a Provental :deepbreaths::floorlaugh:

Kidding aside, it's not a laughing matter when you can't breathe and I'm right there with everyone else.

Went to a new allergist/asthma doctor - gave me two new inhalers - Dulera, and Spiriva.
Continue taking my Qvar and Provental or nebulizer - and the rest of the meds I'm on - been on a steady stream of prednisone for years now.
Can't seem to shake them, every time I'm close to working down and discontinue - back in the ER or hospital.....

I hope this time their plan will work - at times I'm at my wits ends :pullhair:
Maybe this time I can actually get off the prednisone for a while :loveyou:

:grouphug:Hugs to all and may we :getwell:

That's what my Huz just started using - Spirva - and he can't believe he can breathe again! :loveyou: he also uses that Ambutrol (sp?).

okay - called little bro - was very hard to hear him, as his throat is sore from throwing up blood... :gaah: the medical staff are waiting for his swollen stomach to go down a bit and than they will move to ICU. No results from any tests yet... :waiting: I did ask him how long this has been going on (swollen stomach) - and he said a month or so. He doesn't like doctors either... So when anything "new" comes up, he said he'd have his girlfriend call my sister with the test updates. My bro-in-law sent me a link to this:
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/life/wellness/2015/05/29/cancer-immune-drugs/28164093/

quote from article:
These newer kinds of drugs have transformed treatment of melanoma, the deadliest kind of skin cancer. Studies presented at a conference Friday suggest these “immune therapies” can play a broader role in more common cancers, including lung, liver, colon and head and neck.

so there is hope! This is the same drug my sister is taking one of these directed toward lymphoma, and it's helping her! :happydance:

Attachments

• Baby&shepherd.jpg
    Baby&shepherd.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 110
Well, looks like 281129 is in for a HOT one the next few days.........but this is just the beginning.:jail:

Saturday 05/30 104 | 74 °F​

Saturday 0% Precip. / 0 in Abundant sunshine. High 104F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.

nt_clear.svg
Saturday Night 0% Precip. / 0 in. Mainly clear skies. Low 74F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.

Sunday 05/31 107 | 75 °F​
clear.svg
Sunday 0% Precip. / 0 in. Mainly sunny. High 107F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.

nt_clear.svg
Sunday Night 0% Precip. / 0 in. Clear skies. Low around 75F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.

Monday06/01105 | 72 °F​

Monday
0% Precip. / 0 in. Sunny skies.Highnear 105F. E winds shifting to SW at 10 to 15 mph.

nt_clear.svg
Monday Night 0% Precip. / 0 in. Clear skies. Low 72F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.

All TBs are bred live cover. The only time they use AI is to add TB blood to another breed, like warmbloods for example. It was heartbreaking to watch him with the laminitis, which is often the demise of some really great horses. For example, Barbaro, who IMO probably would have won the Triple Crown, sustained a fracture, and while being treated, he developed laminitis in the other 3 hooves and was put down. Barbaro was at New Bolton Center, in Unionville, PA (Univeristy of Pennsylvania), treated by many of the same vets that have treated my horses. They are fAbulous there.

I didn't have a clue! Just about everyone and their brother around here, well, Arizona, does AI. Don't know if it's to prevent stress or possible injuries to the mare/stallion, distance, the convenience not having to watch the mare for heat, or what. At the race barn I was doing pre-season training, the owner would bring in a whole semi load of TB mares late December, put them in a 24/7 lighted barn next to a "teaser" and started AI-ing them as soon as they came in heat. But most of these Arizona trackers were using racing as a tax loss.

My Percheron was one thing with laminitis, it was almost constant the last 5 years. Every time I'd set up a backhoe to come dig a hole, Patty would be up standing and walking the morning they were supposed to show up. When she developed Cushing's, we made a decision and just stuck with it. She had a long life and the 10 years we had her she was living the good life.

One of my Arabs, Sheba, was a total surprise. The previous owner didn't tell us she had ha several bouts with founder. I had her for 12+ years and one day she just went down. And within 24 hours she was septic, hit her like a freight train. She was up walking around again, feeling no pain, but she was abscessing in a number of places and it was just a matter of hours before her organs were going to shut down and she'd be in agonizing pain. She had 12 extra years, the previous owners were taking her to the auction when I stopped them and forked over enough money to pay above what the killer-buyers would have paid. She was like sitting on a plush sofa when I rode her.

View attachment 75602

I'll watch from the sidelines........
cheerleader2-smiley.gif
and cheer you kids on! If the ol' lungs start giving me issues, I'll know who to talk to!

MILKY WAY, TWIX, CADBURY CHOCOLATE BAR> KIT KAT! MALLO CUP , SKYBAR. HERSHEY, REESES, I am really addicted in a bad way.
:loveyou:

In all seriousness, I know how frightening and miserable breathing problems can be (spent a fair amount of my childhood in hospitals and doctor's offices because of it), and also know that stress makes it worse. On that note, I spotted this on YouTube and found it oddly relaxing...with soft, dreamy music. Enjoy.

[video=youtube;dA6Y9uSE5zc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA6Y9uSE5zc[/video]

:grouphug:

That was a very nice video, Jane the Dood.

Oh my, Nore. You are a much worse chocoholic than even me! ROLF

Coffeejunkie, I hope you are doing better now. Get well real soon.

Hey all. Nore, can I have some of your chocolate?

Rain, rain and more rain here in Redneckville.

I ended up looking for some specs on him. He did sire about 600 foals. Whether it was hand bred or AI, I couldn't find. His female offspring carried his racing genes more significantly than his male offspring.
He did get put down at 19 years because of laminitis, aka founder. It's an inflammation of front hooves in almost all cases. As the symptoms progress, the "coffin bone", the last bone in the leg and found inside the hoof, rotates and can eventually perforate the hoof wall. It's an incredibly heart wrenching condition. We went through that with our Percheron and also had to put her down. It went on for about 7 years.
It must have been another race horse! I know there was one that really had no interest in mares after he retired.

IMO Secretariat was a once in a lifetime horse. None of his offspring ever achieved his greatness. A lot of TB breeders bred to him, hoping for that one in a million chance that he would stamp his get. Never happened.

I found this incredibly written article on Secretariat by sportswriter William Nack. IMO, his first paragraph should have been his LAST paragraph. :frown:
The entire article is very touching and it was a tear jerker for me. :frown:
It did have funny parts though, as it appeared as if Secretariat was a very intelligent guy! Wait till you read what he did!

http://www.si.com/horse-racing/2015/01/02/pure-heart-william-nack-secretariat

I found this incredibly written article on Secretariat by sportswriter William Nack. IMO, his first paragraph should have been his LAST paragraph. :frown:
The entire article is very touching and it was a tear jerker for me. :frown:
It did have funny parts though, as it appeared as if Secretariat was a very intelligent guy! Wait till you read what he did!

http://www.si.com/horse-racing/2015/01/02/pure-heart-william-nack-secretariat

His descriptions of Secretariat took my breath away. What a remarkable and noble horse. Thank you for sharing.

My friend, Beau Biden has died of brain cancer. I am devastated. Beau is Joe and Jill Biden's oldest son. He has two little kids, Natalie and Hunter and a lovely wife, Hallie. I can still see him at 20, coming home from Penn and hugging his mother while we watched Ashley play field hockey. Very very sad.

So I think we have an excellent idea who released the names of the jurors, don't we? Unbelievable. I had truly hoped that the DT would conduct themselves honorably, but that ship sailed a long time ago. Very disappointing.

Its. So strange watching James Holmes trial--the pros. & defense seem so cordial to each other. They even joke and tease!--such a difference!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edlynch