Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did You Know

A chameleons tongue is twice the length of its body.
A completely blind chameleon will still take on the colors of its environment.
A group of geese on the ground is a gaggle, a group of geese in the air is a skein!
A hedgehog's heart beats 300 times a minute on average!
A hippo can open its mouth wide enough to fit a 4 foot tall child inside!
A mole can dig a tunnel 300 feet long in just one night!
Animals will not eat another animal that has been hit by a lightning strike!
Baby beavers are called kittens.
Cattle are the only mammals that pee backwards.
Given the opportunity, deer will chew gum and marijuana.
Iguanas have two penises!
The world's smallest mammal is the bumblebee bat of Thailand, weighing less than a penny.
There are more plastic flamingos in the U.S, than real ones!
Under extreme stress, some octopuses will eat their own arms.

DID YOU KNOW

For a brief moment in time, you were a moment in someone’s life. A mere extra, passing through their thoughts in milliseconds, but milliseconds of their story nonetheless. For every person you’ve exchanged eye contact with, you have made a contribution to their existence, be it significant or not.
If you were to take a live sea sponge, blenderize it, then leave the sea sponge smoothie to sit over night. When you woke up in the morning, you’d find that the surviving sea sponge cells have found each other and started to reform a new sea sponge.
You were once the youngest person in the whole universe.
The word “suns” is written the same way upside down.
That there’s a spooky skeleton inside of you!
Every cow has their own best friend that they hang around every day.
If you took the whole solar system and shrunk it down so that the Sun was at your head and the orbit of Pluto was at your feet, Uranus would be just where you’d expect it to be.
a group of bunnies is called a fluffle
The man who does Winnie the Pooh’s voice spends some of his spare time ringing up children in the cancer wards of hospitals putting on Winnie’s voice and telling them how much he loves them and how brave they are.
Rats and mice are ticklish
The fact that you are here is amazing. When you think about your entire ancestry, how many close calls and amazing coincidences could have completely erased half your family? The fact that everything lined up JUST RIGHT in order for you to be here is absolutely amazing.
Roman Emperor Caligula tried to wage war on the god of the ocean, Neptune. He had his soldiers run up and stab the water.
Turtles can breathe out their butts, always makes me giggle.
Blind people smile like everyone else, even though they’ve never seen anyone else smile. It’s just a natural human

cj ~ I love your "did you knows," but I couldn't help but laugh at this one.

If you took the whole solar system and shrunk it down so that the Sun was at your head and the orbit of Pluto was at your feet, Uranus would be just where you’d expect it to be. :lol:

I guess I just have a warped sense of humor or perhaps it's from seeing all those pic's of JA. You know the ones ~ once you've seen them, you can never un-see them :jawdrop: :eek:

Have you ever just felt like screaming really really loud? I feel like that right now. It’s because the shelter gave Benji to me when he was only 5 weeks old not 8 weeks like they told me. I know he’s been fixed, my Vet has seen him twice since I brought him home. I wonder how old he was when this was done. He was 5 weeks when I got him, and he did not act like a puppy who had just had surgery. My Sadie Girl was 6 weeks old when I got her, she had just been put in the cage after waking up from her surgery, she was really out of it. For a few days. I saw her scar, it was very tender. The shelter told me Benji had just had his surgery; I noticed his tummy did not look tender at all, not even red. My Vet pointed out two scars on Benji on his first visit. Both had been healed for some time. I’m not mad at Benji, I’m just very angry with the shelter, I’ve been expecting Benji to do what I am telling him to believing he’s older than he is. I mean three weeks can make a difference, right? I love my Vet; I’ve known her since way before she even started school. She and my daughter are very good friends. She’s going to call the shelter and see what’s up. I wonder how young a puppy can have his surgery done. I forgot to ask my Vet. I had planned to start Benji in obedience school today. But he has to have his rabies shot first, yesterday when he saw the Vet she wanted to hold off on that for another three weeks. I was shocked! She said she kept thinking about me telling her about the dates on his paperwork being confusing, she decided to look into it, she said she believed Benji is three weeks younger than we thought. I thought it was only about one week. :/ But on the bright side, at least I know why Benji is not remembering the same things I’m teaching him. He knows sit, sometimes, stay, sometimes, he is doing so much better about going outside to do his business. For the first month it was awful, he just didn’t get it, now I know he just couldn’t get, he was still trying to figure out how everything worked. We had to tear up our bedroom carpeting and the pad. It smelled horrible. Yesterday we had new flooring put down, so far so good. WOW! This is a long post. Thanks for listening  It feels good to vent.

grammie I can totally relate to everything you just said. When we got my Macky from a shelter, we were told she was 7 weeks old. We couldn't take her home until the next day, as they needed to spay her first. After they spayed her, they just threw her back in her concrete kennel!!!

We took her to the vet the next week and vet said after looking at her teeth that she was only 5 weeks old! So they spayed my baby at 4 weeks!!! :mad:
I could add a lot more, but I've got to run. Macky is sick :frown:

Hey Everyone, Good morning :-) I guess I had a little break down yesterday. Thank you all for listening. I want to tell everyone my sweet little Benji had his 3rd night without doing his business in the house; he went outside on his own! YAY! My little guy may be 3 weeks younger than I was told but he’s one very smart and very sweet puppy. And very very funny! It sure was great to find out baby Lily is doing better. I really hope the person responsible for the harm done to her is punished with more than just a slap on the wrist. There is so much sadness on this thread lately. You are all remembered in my prayers. There are so many kind caring people on here. God bless you all!

I hate hate hate the thanks button :/ If I haven't thanked your post please know I have read it and do thank you! Coffee junkie, your stuff is beautiful! So many times I've read your posts and think that would look good on a T-shirt or on those blank inside cards. THANKS!

grammie I can totally relate to everything you just said. When we got my Macky from a shelter, we were told she was 7 weeks old. We couldn't take her home until the next day, as they needed to spay her first. After they spayed her, they just threw her back in her concrete kennel!!!

We took her to the vet the next week and vet said after looking at her teeth that she was only 5 weeks old! So they spayed my baby at 4 weeks!!! :mad:
I could add a lot more, but I've got to run. Macky is sick :frown:

See this is what I'm wondering, if Benji was only 5 weeks when I got him, how old was he when they did his surgery and what was the second scar for. There just could not have been any question about his age because the mom was pregnant when she was brought to the shelter. He was born in the shelter. I wonder if with these no kill shelters they just have so many dogs that they just get'em out of there as fast as they can. A part of me just wants to forget about it, he's mine forever now, so it doesn't matter. It's just that I'm so nosey! I hope your little girl will be OK!

Good morning to all.

Spellbound, I am so sorry for your loss. I love how you have honored your FIL and care so deeply for your DH's family.

My power came back on last night, thank fully. Thankfully, the lawn people come today and hopefully can clean up all the tree litter in our yard. Thank you janx for asking!

Yesterday, I joined a gym that has a pool so I can try and get stronger doing my PT on my own. Every time I got strong enough to proceed to land therapy, I had a setback and could not tolerate it. I am hopeful that this time I can take it slowly and then work with a personal trainer on land. We shall see.

I am taking a friend of my daughter's with me who suffers from severe bi polar and is heavily medicated. She sits alone in her house while her parents work and her only outlet is writing. I am hopeful that the gym can become another outlet for her and perhaps she can set some small goals and achieve them. I feel so badly for her and her lovely family. I have known her since she was 6 and her decline has been heartbreaking to watch.

Hope you all have a fabulous day.

That's it! That's exactly what I am dealing with. Luckily, mine is on the ground (air goes into ductwork) so I don't have to get up on the roof.

If your pads aren't getting evenly soaked, your unit is either not level, or the holes in the channel on top of the panels are clogged or blocked by lime or calcium. Running a de-scaler only does so much. I'd end up duct taping the underside of the channels and pouring CLR in them overnight, take the duct tape off in the morning, flush with water and scrub with a stiff nylon brush. If you have more than just calcium and rust blocking the holes, you need to replace the netting or basket around the water uptake.
Then sometimes its just one of the legs on that spider pipe thing (under the top) that takes the water to the panels. They can get clogged or get cracks in the line.
My 2 units were on the West side of the 2nd story of the adobe place. They had probably been there for 30 years by the time I lived there in 1980. No ducts, just blasts of cold air that circulated through the place and out the kitchen window on the East side onto the front porch/balcony. (the lower level was a 2 car garage and laundry room)
That place was so cool. 18" real adobe walls, wood floors, huge double french paned windows, a old sand stone wall heater in the bathroom and glass door knobs. I had talked to the land lady and she had told me it had been around since the 1930's. It was torn down soon after I moved out for modern office buildings.

cj ~ I love your "did you knows," but I couldn't help but laugh at this one.

If you took the whole solar system and shrunk it down so that the Sun was at your head and the orbit of Pluto was at your feet, Uranus would be just where you’d expect it to be. :lol:

I guess I just have a warped sense of humor or perhaps it's from seeing all those pic's of JA. You know the ones ~ once you've seen them, you can never un-see them :jawdrop: :eek:

I think I have a warped sense also!! You are not alone...makes us more loveable ;) heheh

Did the nurse call back?
And you do need help, IMO, and I hope you get it. :therethere:

Nope................
They did go over his degenerative lower spine issue with him yesterday. 5 vertebra are messed up. So I asked him "What are they going to do?" He said they didn't say.:gaah: So what good is the motorcycle and the quad that have been just objects de art, with scattered parts here and there? Are they going to fuse the vertebra? Or what? It causes pain down his legs.
Then there's the bone spur in his left shoulder socket. He and they say it's from lifting bombs up onto the hangers on the planes in Viet Nam.........Ok, dummies, he's right handed and has always thrown stuff on his right shoulder, ran that by my BF and he's all "oh, yah, that's right." They want to shave it off. The spur that is. I always heard they grow back, going to have to research that.
That nurse SHOULD call me back because I am his emergency contact and he did sign the authorization to give me medical info on him.
The cell phone has yet to turn up..................

Good morning to all.

Spellbound, I am so sorry for your loss. I love how you have honored your FIL and care so deeply for your DH's family.

My power came back on last night, thank fully. Thankfully, the lawn people come today and hopefully can clean up all the tree litter in our yard. Thank you janx for asking!

Yesterday, I joined a gym that has a pool so I can try and get stronger doing my PT on my own. Every time I got strong enough to proceed to land therapy, I had a setback and could not tolerate it. I am hopeful that this time I can take it slowly and then work with a personal trainer on land. We shall see.

I am taking a friend of my daughter's with me who suffers from severe bi polar and is heavily medicated. She sits alone in her house while her parents work and her only outlet is writing. I am hopeful that the gym can become another outlet for her and perhaps she can set some small goals and achieve them. I feel so badly for her and her lovely family. I have known her since she was 6 and her decline has been heartbreaking to watch.

Hope you all have a fabulous day.

Zuri ~ You are absolutely amazing :heartbeat:

If you don't mind me asking, are you talking about back pain? I don't know anything about your injuries or why you need to go to PT. I'm sure you've discussed it here before, but I didn't even know about the Sidebar Thread during the first trial. Yeah...I don't get out much :wink: :smile:

Hey all! :wave:

Spellbound - so sorry to hear of your FIL's death. My condolences to you and your family. :rose: :hug:

Wagara - quote - Can I complain? - Of course you can!! This is the place for it! :tantrum: :lol:

coffeejunkie - :tyou: again for letting me share your beautiful artwork! :loveyou: I used to do 3-Ds with Norman Rockwell prints. I should start doing that again. I have a Mickey Mouse on a motorcycle that I should get going on. I collect "Mickey Mouse" stuff! :mickey:
and from your Do You Knows -
If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
Well - than - you better start now for the morning cup of coffee!! :laughing:

and this one:
The fact that you are here is amazing. When you think about your entire ancestry, how many close calls and amazing coincidences could have completely erased half your family? The fact that everything lined up JUST RIGHT in order for you to be here is absolutely amazing.
Especially my parents - thankfully they got across the Baltic Sea safely fleeing from the Russians! Or I wouldn't be here.... :waitasec:

ILikeToBendPages - :grouphug:

Okay, let's see, the defense should be starting their case in the theatre shootings in Aurora, so I guess I'll go over there and see what's happening!

Later! :seeya: Hope you ALL have a wonderful day! :summer: here!

and Who remembers these guys? I was an official member! :D

Attachments

• MickeyMouseClub.jpg
    MickeyMouseClub.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 64
Zuri ~ You are absolutely amazing :heartbeat:

If you don't mind me asking, are you talking about back pain? I don't know anything about your injuries or why you need to go to PT. I'm sure you've discussed it here before, but I didn't even know about the Sidebar Thread during the first trial. Yeah...I don't get out much :wink: :smile:

Yes, I am pretty crippled from back pain. Lumbar fusion x 2 and herniated discs above the fusion. One too many falls off a horse and pushing obese patients at work did not help. That is why the pool will be great!

I went today and did my PT exercises as best I could without flippers, which create drag and strengthen faster. I am going to get a pair and a ball to work out with in the water.

While I was there, a toddler either choked or drowned :( and the lifeguards were doing CPR on him. I was going to offer to help, but the lifeguard told me they wouldn't allow me to assist as I was not an employee. When I walked by, they were doing rescue breathing with an ambu bag, but the child was still cyanotic. I have no idea of when they called for the paramedics, but they were doing CPR for 30 minutes before they arrived. WTH???

This is when it is hard to turn off the ER RN in me and not interfere. The little boy should have pinked up with the rescue breathing and I was concerned he still had an airway obstruction. My daughter and friend were with me and I didn't want to say too much. They were pretty freaked out to say the least. It is always so disturbing to see a child in a code situation, and the frantic look on the mother's face.

Do you mean Aunt Sue Allen Halterman and the "Appellate" fund? Don't know if they can take that money and give it to the Alexander's because it is in a trust fund????
-------------------------------

CAMPAIGN UPDATE

THE CURRENT FUND TOTAL, AS OF JUNE 19TH, 2015 IS:

$73,002.55

(Total is updated weekly. Full details listed below)

Date $ Donated $ Matched Current Total
May 29th $2,730 $5,460 $68,256.55
May 22nd $795 $1,590 $62,796.55
May 15th $377 $754 $61,206.55
May 8th $2,180 $4,360 $60,452.55
May 1st $1,045 $2,090 $56,092.55
April 24th $54,002.55

http://justice4jodi.com/jaa-appellate-fund-campaign-update/
-----------------------------------------

"Q3: IS THE TRUST MONEY VULNERABLE TO CONFISCATION BY THE ALEXANDERS OR THE STATE?

A3: No. The Alexander-family attorney has publicly announced to the media that the Alexanders will be suing Jodi. A wrongful-death lawsuit is a vehicle by which the Alexanders will seek to get as much money as they can from Jodi. The money in the Legal Defense Fund does not belong to Jodi. The trust is not in her name, she does not control it, and she does not have access to it.

In the state of Arizona, attorneys for the state may also try to take any money from Jodi. But again, the Legal Defense Fund does not contain any money belonging to her.

The trust was carefully structured so that the funds may only be distributed for the purposes for which it was created – legal defense and appellate costs. The money cannot be taken out for any other reason, including restitution."

http://justice4jodi.com/appellate-fund-faqs/

No, The Alexander family. Aunt Heather made the first impact statement . She said she had left her job as a manager at Starbucks in her home in Ohio, to make a home for Travis's siblings when they were in town for the trial. She said the trial had hurt her family and her marriage. She was the one that usually sat behind Steven, and I was so thankful she was there, and had her hand on his shouler.

That is something that I could never understand! I've tried wrapping my mind around 'what makes this Mother tick' and for the life of me, I just do not get it!! That's about as low as you can go....so heartbreaking :(

I always told my new mothers that if their baby's crying was getting to them tO put them in their crib and go vacuum. Or go sit outside and try to relax and calm down . Some babies need to fuss and cry and wear themselves out.
Many tried that and it help from an over flustered mother being rough or intentionally hurting their babies.

I just heard the Boston bomber's teachers thought well of him. That is about as insensitive as Jodi and her freaking domestic survivor shirt. GRRR........

Disposition Information

Party Name ARSCode Description Crime Date Disposition Code Disposition Date
Jodi Ann Arias 13-1105 (F1) MURDER 1ST DEGREE 6/4/2008 Guilty By Jury Guilty By Jury 3/5/2015

Case Documents

Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
6/24/2015 005 - ME: Hearing - Party (001) 6/24/2015

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.g...rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021
--------------------------------------------------------

Michael K. Jeanes, Clerk of Court
*** Electronically Filed ***
06/24/2015 8:00 AM

06/22/2015

AZ DOC - INMATE TRUST ACCOUNTS
CAPITAL CASE MANAGER
RFR

MINUTE ENTRY

State's Attorney: Juan Martinez
Defendant's Attorney: Jennifer Willmott
Defendant: Presence Waived

Court Reporter, Mike Babicky, is present.

A record of the proceeding is also made by audio and/or videotape.

This is the time set for Restitution Hearing.
Court and counsel discuss matters.

Defense stipulates to restitution as follows:

Samantha Alexander (Individual) $ 15,530.73
Tanisha Sorenson (Individual) $ 10,754.99
Hilary Wilcox (Individual) $ 4,232.11
Steven Alexander (Individual) $ 1,372.20
Dennis Alexander (Individual) $ 225.60

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that restitution is to be paid monthly, beginning today, at
the rate of 20-50% of inmate account as determined by ADOC.

A restitution ledger was not provided.

8:56 a.m. Matter concludes...

Later:
The Court shall retain jurisdiction on restitution requests as authorized by law.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/062015/m6887559.pdf
---------------------------------------------------

That is something that I could never understand! I've tried wrapping my mind around 'what makes this Mother tick' and for the life of me, I just do not get it!! That's about as low as you can go....so heartbreaking :(

Some people are not meant to be parents (or guardians of animals), IMO.
Very heartbreaking. :(

Hey Everyone, Good morning :-) I guess I had a little break down yesterday. Thank you all for listening. I want to tell everyone my sweet little Benji had his 3rd night without doing his business in the house; he went outside on his own! YAY! My little guy may be 3 weeks younger than I was told but he’s one very smart and very sweet puppy. And very very funny! It sure was great to find out baby Lily is doing better. I really hope the person responsible for the harm done to her is punished with more than just a slap on the wrist. There is so much sadness on this thread lately. You are all remembered in my prayers. There are so many kind caring people on here. God bless you all!

I hate hate hate the thanks button :/ If I haven't thanked your post please know I have read it and do thank you! Coffee junkie, your stuff is beautiful! So many times I've read your posts and think that would look good on a T-shirt or on those blank inside cards. THANKS!

BBM :party:...:confetti:...:fireworks:

:happydance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members