SIDEBAR #55 - Travis Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again . Zuri good to see you. Are you wearing a mask when they do all the uprooting? (now it's printing nice). I do a little here and there. I used to be so strong.....no more. Molly is sleeping beside me. I miss all the peeps on board. My Amy coming from work soon..Johnny too. He is so good to me. well she is too :lol: they bought me new slippers, fuzzy warm kind. :loveyou: I'm not used to peeps doing for me, I always did the doing (?) now Amy says sit back and enjoy. She IS her dads daughter!!:happydance:

Hey lady! You said something in a post a while back about your rescue inhaler (I think it was you). Message me, I may have a solution for your problems...

I think I may need explain about my back surgery...I had a slipped disk and was in pure misery for about 4 months while INS made me jump through all the hoops before I got to surgery! Anyway, the surgeon had no idea about the non-cancerous small tumor as it was on the back side of my spinal cord and he found it when he was repairing the slipped disk. He told us that that tumor would never come back where it was, but could show up on another part of my spinal cord. Like I said earlier, this does NOT feel the same. The pain is totally different and I have none of the numbness in my leg like I did before. This more on my left lower back/hip area and no numbness, just aching and pain. I promise I will get it checked out more.

hello, Daisymae? Spellbound? y'all up?

[video=youtu;77R1Wp6Y_5Y]http://youtu.be/77R1Wp6Y_5Y[/video]

Good Morning my fav group of peeps!! :blowkiss::thewave:

I slept very well last night and woke up with NO PAIN, so far. Yipeeee

The rain is coming and we really need it. My allergies are going crazy with all the air changes and will be glad when it gets here, as it settles down my allergies/asthma.

A Wishin' and Hopin' each one has a great day!! Blessing for ALL :)

I love Corn Chowder :) Would like hearing your recipes for one of my fav dishes...

Corn Chowder

Ingredients
¼ cup butter
¼ cup celery
¼ cup onion
¼ cup flour
3 cups milk
1 chicken bullion cube
3 cups frozen corn
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt
2 cups cooked and diced potatoes
¾ cup cooked and chopped bacon
1½ cups heavy cream
¼ teaspoon white pepper

Instructions
1.In a large sauce pan, melt butter and add celery and onion. Sauté until tender.
2.Add flour and cook for 30 seconds, stirring.
3.Add milk and chicken bullion cube and bring to a soft boil over medium heat.
4.Add corn, sugar and salt. Return to a boil.
5.Add potatoes, bacon, and heavy cream, and pepper.
6.Serve warm/hot.
7.I garnished with chopped parsley and cooked and chopped bacon.

Another good recipe from my grandma's files :)

Donut Muffins

1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup margarine, melted
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup margarine, melted
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
------------------------------------------------
Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 24 mini-muffin cups.
Mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup margarine, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Stir in the milk, then mix in the baking powder and flour until just combined. Fill the prepared mini muffin cups about half full.
Bake in the preheated oven until the tops are lightly golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
While muffins are baking, place 1/4 cup of melted margarine in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of sugar with the cinnamon. Remove muffins from their cups, dip each muffin in the melted margarine, and roll in the sugar-cinnamon mixture. Let cool and serve.

it.jpg

Y'all are old enuf to remember Cousin It. Lol....its just a tomato cage, hula skirts from dollar tree and the hat and glasses.

a few more wedding pics:
12038580_1028636627181168_5030221584701924403_o.jpg

If my grandson had blond hair...he would be his daddy made all over. Same built, actions, personality. It so reminds me of our son when he was this age :) :) :)

Good morning all!

CoffeeJ, I hope the rain that is coming is not too much, too fast. It is raining here this morning, just a nice gentle rain so far.

Yes Niner .... the "surprise me pumpkin" ! :rotfl:

Hey Pages, you were here early today. I have been sleeping in more.

Niner & Daisymae, I posted over in the other thread and it will be a long, as I tell my story. Will break it up in parts. I have studied this since mine happened and have many notes I have taken and need get things in somewhat order.

Morning all! :wave:

Was in town......out of here at 6:00 am and home by 12:30 pm.......the truck is FIXED!!!!! WooHOOOOOOO!!!!!! Mike and Jerry told me to stop by anytime, shoot the chit, and have a cup of coffee, they are just really awesome dudes!
(I checked out the harmonic balancer, it was grooved causing any new main seal to shred, and the previous mechanic in Prescott had pulled an "easy, but temporary fix" when he had worked on it, expecting it to fail, and be the one to replace the engine....grrrr!)

It is what it is.......on to the future!

Today is Zuri's 1st birthday!!!:happydance: Can you believe it's been a whole year?!?!?!

Kissy is hippopotomying, doing the quick once over every morning for tell-tell signs of impending birth, nothing so far.

Got a totally unexpected call from one of my BF's from WAY back, hadn't talked to her since 1986, ended up on a conference call, and it was like all of us buds were out on the back playground of elementary school, talking and laughing like not a day had passed. She and I were the ultra crazy version of Thelma and Louise, and we both were amazed that we survived.

Weird thing is we talked about divorces and grandkids.......really, it was weird. Grown up stuff. We pretty much decided if there existed a time machine, we all wanted to be beamed back permanently, lol!
As kids growing up, we all knew each other, hung with each other, spent 13 of our 1st 18 years of life with each other. It was safe. It was happy. It was protecting each other and having each other's back. Despite what many of us had to deal with at home, our childhoods were pretty awesome. I don't think kids these days really have that kind of experience.

Things are good. Today is good. It's taking me totally by surprise but I'm loving it!

Jingles to all my SB buds that need them, I believe Zuri was on to something with that cool suggestion!

And it's cold (39 degrees this morning) and windy today, but that's awesome too! It'll probably snow before Halloween, per usual, but I'm psyched!

:Happybirthday: 1st birthday, Zuri!! :happydance: No way it's one year ago... Time flies when we're all having fun, eh?!
So nice to hear your happy post - meeting up with your BFs from your childhood! :woot:
We won't have rain until next Wednesday...

Niner & Daisymae, I posted over in the other thread and it will be a long, as I tell my story. Will break it up in parts. I have studied this since mine happened and have many notes I have taken and need get things in somewhat order.

Oh good.... :waiting:

Not much going on here! A nice and calm Saturday! Going to "see" if coffeejunkie posted yet... and check out my other threads!

Later! :seeya:

"Sharing" picture - my Mamma had a clothesline like this! :D

Attachments

• Before the Internet.png
    Before the Internet.png
    374.3 KB · Views: 50
Page - here's some of my favorite music from this century! Listen to both with headphones.

[video=youtube;HgrzaRZvy6k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgrzaRZvy6k[/video]

CJ, yes I would. having trouble trying post P. message. nor44134@yahoo.com
does anyone else have a problem posting? or is it just me.

PS. anyone heard from Kensie lately??

Nore - I'm also having trouble posting. I have to go to Advanced to post and even there it won't let me post sometimes.

1929 - This day became known as Black Thursday after Wall Street investors panicked and ordered their stock brokers to sell, sell, sell! Nearly 13 million shares traded hands and stock prices plummeted. Many stocks recovered late in the afternoon, but the stage had been set for the October 29th stock market crash -- and the beginning of the Great Depression.

[video=youtu;cNwn26JizxM]http://youtu.be/cNwn26JizxM[/video]

Page - here's some of my favorite music from this century! Listen to both with headphones.

[video=youtube;HgrzaRZvy6k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgrzaRZvy6k[/video]

I love her. When she sang at the Royal Albert Hall she sang "Someone Like You" and got very emotional about her journey to get there, and cried, then she ended Rolling in the Deep. She has a fabulous voice. And yes turn them headphones up

OH, Spell, we have forty year old pioneer speakers, the size of end tables, and when you play the Rolling in the Deep ,where she sits in a chair and it starts with the drum and it moving the glasses? You can feel in the hardwood floors.

Page, sorry to have missed you at 4AM! Are you OK?

Yes , doing good. My twenty year old grandson, that has Aspergers, is driving me up a wall. He does and looks at thing much different than most folks. When he makes pancakes he uses two measuring cups. It's the complete mix that you just add water to, and you can use the same damn cup for both. When he makes smack ramen it has to be done on the stove, not in the microwave and done quicker, and he uses two freaking measuring cups too. And don't even get me started on biscuits.

[video=youtu;3Fn36l_z3WY]http://youtu.be/3Fn36l_z3WY[/video]

Nore - I'm also having trouble posting. I have to go to Advanced to post and even there it won't let me post sometimes.

Hi daisymae , thank you! I thought I was going nuts.. :lol: hate to say it but this board has become a pain in the azz. This has taken so long. maybe there should be two people working on it. :lol: God help us when we have a trial. Not all sites are so screwed up. I checked on Kensie she hasn't posted since end of Aug.. I hope she is ok.. Well I guess that's it for now..Hope I didn't get you "a tither" with my exciting news..

Hey!!! my Thank you :gaah:buttons are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sloan3039