SIDEBAR #56 - Travis Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daisymae, you just lurk as long as you want! And I love everyone's attempts at humor around here, yours included. Lord knows, I am much too seroius so often that a good chuckle makes my day a lot brighter.

Bobby Vinton also sang "Roses are Red" such a pretty song.

May I ask for prayers? Our friend Kaycee needs some. Kaycee
Grew up with Amy High School and all. She is in UH cancer hospital
with Leukemia. I personally hate that word. Makes me cry. Her Dad
is very ill also. thanks.
:praying::praying::praying::praying::praying: :crying:

Prayers for your friend, Kaycee. I do hope she gets much better very soon, and is home in time to enjoy these holidays to the max. It is bad enough to be sick, but hoidays should be a reprieve from sadness and heartache.

Oh next week is going to be rough, and I hate working in Lingerie, but it could be a foot in the door to keeping extra income.

It can be hard, exhausting work, but if it gets you a better position (full time?), I send a wish for the patience and endurance to see you through. Good luck!

I too have a very good friend who is in the hospital with pneumonia and a collapsed lung. Found out yesterday and went to see her last night. Although her husband and daughter say she improved in the last couple of days- blood pressure stabilized, less meds, and was able to breathe on her own for a couple of hours, she didn't look good. She couldn't really open her eyes, can't speak at all because of the breathing tubes, and is getting fed through tube feedings. This is a woman who just a month ago we had a campfire/picnic style birthday dinner for her in a redwood park, and she was laughing and actively participating and planning Thanksgiving. She loves to cook and she loves animals. She is the sweetest woman you could ever meet. I'm worried about her. We plan to go visit again today before the afternoon/evening are over. My friend is Carol in case anyone wants to offer up a healing prayer for her...:praying::praying::praying:

Heartfelt prayers continue for Carol. You are such a thoughtfu friend to have. :hug:

I consider myself a relative newcomer to the SB. I think I started visiting regularly during/after the second trial (?) when the main thread got kind of lonely.

I've never felt anything but open arms and acceptance here. In fact, it never even occurred to me that I wasn't completely welcome to join in the conversation. Maybe I'm naive? I dunno. This thread IS unique. I can't think of any other place where I could post about something as trivial as having a crappy commute, and having so many caring folks give me a virtual hug. That kind of thoughtfulness goes a long way to making life bearable.

I don't look for reasons to not like people, especially when the people I'm surrounded by are, obviously, so very likable. I'm happy to be here with all of you, and I sincerely hope others feel the same sense of being kindred spirits, or at the very least, empathic souls.

I would totally LOVE for more people to join in the conversation. We probably have more in common than people realize, but the only way to find out is to open the lines of communication. This is the place, and the door (with a big neon "OPEN" sign over it) is always open. JMO

Such a beautiful post, GigiG. Thank you for sharing here. I think that is a universal feeling we all share here.

Some of us used to share similarly at an old thread (Whatnots), but it petered out when several members left for a new board. Whenever I need a friendly face or have time to relax, I always end up here. I don't post a lot some days, but I definitly read it all. I do recall lurking for quite a while before I was brave enough to let my fingers do the talking. :blushing:

I am the newest here (I think), I came over from the main JA thread from the second trail. I felt lost over at on the main thread and it went so fast...finally found the SB and I was welcomed with open arms. Been here since and I just love it here.

You have been a great addition! We love you, too. Anyone who shares my coffee addiction makes my ears perk up.

1957 - Simon & Garfunkel make their first appearance on ABC-TV's dance show American Bandstand -- in their earlier incarnation as Tom and Jerry, playing their minor hit "Hey Little Schoolgirl."

[video=youtu;1yYkGB0xpzE]http://youtu.be/1yYkGB0xpzE[/video]

You are right Niner, I just remembered my Mama had that record that she played ad nauseum... and all of us kids would laugh at the music, now it all makes sense to me. Thank you. What did Bobby Darin sing, I remember that name too.
My brother had that record. My Mom had divorced my father and hadn't met my step dad yet. I was around 5 and my Mom was struggling to make it with us 4 children. I loved Blue Velvet and my brother played it every night for me. Those were hard but precious times and I always think of that time when I hear Vinton's music.

My prayers for the sick. I have an aunt in decline. Sickness has no sympathy or respect.

1974 - One Hit Wonder Billy Swan started a two week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'I Can Help'. The song was a hit throughout most of Europe and also reached #1 in Australia. It was so successful in Norway that it charted for 37 weeks on the Norwegian charts making it the 4th best-performing single of all time in that country.

[video=youtu;8U1gC3O9KFg]http://youtu.be/8U1gC3O9KFg[/video]

I bet you get some great discounts though at Kohls! I hope this means they will keep you on after the holidays. I would buy anything from you! Now that we have our own lingerie expert on board, what are people buying? Pajamas? Or Naughty Santa?
Usually it's the jammies they rip apart- we sell them as sets top & bottom. The hard part are the 3-piece sets that have different patterns and you have to figure out which 3 go together. We also have zillions of different styles of Bali & Maidenform bras and I have to figure out where they all go back and pick up thongs and G-strings off the floor, plus do the Accessories department too. Lots of work in not enough hours. Last time I had to fix the purses 4 times, they kept messing them up after I'd straighten and pick them up.

Prayers and jingles sent up for Kaycee and Carol. I am so sorry to hear about both. Wishing them a speedy recovery. Bless them, their families and you all as well.

My goodness Linus, what brought on the collapsed lung and pneumonia in your friend? Does she have a chest tube as well?

They think the flu.I don't think she has a chest tube. She is getting a Trach tomorrow. She apparently was able to be off the vent all day and had just gotten a blood transfusion when we arrived. She was much more responsive this evening, opening her eyes, squeezing my hand, squinting/grimacing at jokes.

American Pie by Don McLean

Did I win anything?

Yes you do - did you know that on this day in 1971 WNEW-FM in New York becomes the first radio station to play Don McLean's new single, "American Pie," which it features in its 8:36 entirety.

[video=youtu;ih7N9_VUU4U]http://youtu.be/ih7N9_VUU4U[/video]

Prayers for Kaycee, Carol, and anyone else who needs to get better healthwise.

Our health is so important and it is sad that illnesses happen. Life is so fragile.

Praying for whoever needs help of any kind that blessings will come your way.

1957 - Simon & Garfunkel make their first appearance on ABC-TV's dance show American Bandstand -- in their earlier incarnation as Tom and Jerry, playing their minor hit "Hey Little Schoolgirl."

Here is my very first 45 record I ever got. I remember playing this song in my basement with one of those 45 record players that was like a tiny suitcase with a handle and a big thick arm that held the needle. LOL

I played it OVER + OVER + OVER + OVER. :)

[video=youtube;NjfPQnGpIjY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjfPQnGpIjY[/video]

Usually it's the jammies they rip apart- we sell them as sets top & bottom. The hard part are the 3-piece sets that have different patterns and you have to figure out which 3 go together. We also have zillions of different styles of Bali & Maidenform bras and I have to figure out where they all go back and pick up thongs and G-strings off the floor, plus do the Accessories department too. Lots of work in not enough hours. Last time I had to fix the purses 4 times, they kept messing them up after I'd straighten and pick them up.

I remember the first time dh saw a g string. He was beating it with the boom. He thought it was a spider. Anna had done her laundry and dropped it on the way back to her room. We have nightlights and it was almost dark so I'll give him that. But he screamed like a girl LOL.

I buy my granddaughters bras and panties for Kohl online. They have a big selection, and the prices were cheaper than Macy or JCPennys. After she was sent to live with her mother, I'd still buy her clothes, and when she came for her summer visit I'd get to get her ready for the summer and new school year.
She'd always come with a small bag with old worn out clothes that were her mothers way to big for her. We'd also spend time at her pedi that she's had since she was two, and her dentist for cavities because things hadn't been taken care of. One year she had a severely infected ingrown toenail, and had to have minor surgery for that, and she told me her teeth hurt and she had two deep root cavities on her back molars. I couldn't believe that her health and well being were so neglected, but when she was ten the judge said mom had changed......... anyway I'd taken care of her since she was three weeks old.
She was my baby doll. I made her a red bandanna cowgirl skirt to wear with her boots. And I made her first Halloweens costume. Little red riding hood, a yellow skirt with red apples, a red cape, and a basket lined with the skirt materiel. When she was in first grade she was a princess with rosebuds in her hair. She won first place in at the school carnival and won a purple bike with purple fringe. It was stolen a week later, and it just happens a friend of her just got a bike just like it for their birthday before they moved. I'll always thing they took it, and it was a dirty thing to do a six year old girl, so your daughter could have the bike she threw a fit for.

Anyway, I got to buy her summer and new school year clothes, and her hair cut by the same barber since she was three, and a mani pedi, and new shoes each year. I didn't get to this summer. She's eighteen now and is a volunteer firefighter and works so, I hope to see her sometime this holidays.

Someone once asked her (5) if she had any money and she told them as long as grandma and grandpa have money, I have money. It surprised the store clerk, I shrugged and over the cash.

Here is my very first 45 record I ever got. I remember playing this song in my basement with one of those 45 record players that was like a tiny suitcase with a handle and a big thick arm that held the needle. LOL

I played it OVER + OVER + OVER + OVER. :)

Do you remember this

[video=youtu;uSKNphWEXjQ]http://youtu.be/uSKNphWEXjQ[/video]

Good Morning to ALL

Believe in yourself and be the best person you can be. Make each second of your life the best and be a blessing to others. Be honest and respectful.
Have a great day...love to all !!

JINGLES and PRAYERS for those in need.

I remember the first time dh saw a g string. He was beating it with the boom. He thought it was a spider. Anna had done her laundry and dropped it on the way back to her room. We have nightlights and it was almost dark so I'll give him that. But he screamed like a girl LOL.

I buy my granddaughters bras and panties for Kohl online. They have a big selection, and the prices were cheaper than Macy or JCPennys. After she was sent to live with her mother, I'd still buy her clothes, and when she came for her summer visit I'd get to get her ready for the summer and new school year.
She'd always come with a small bag with old worn out clothes that were her mothers way to big for her. We'd also spend time at her pedi that she's had since she was two, and her dentist for cavities because things hadn't been taken care of. One year she had a severely infected ingrown toenail, and had to have minor surgery for that, and she told me her teeth hurt and she had two deep root cavities on her back molars. I couldn't believe that her health and well being were so neglected, but when she was ten the judge said mom had changed......... anyway I'd taken care of her since she was three weeks old.
She was my baby doll. I made her a red bandanna cowgirl skirt to wear with her boots. And I made her first Halloweens costume. Little red riding hood, a yellow skirt with red apples, a red cape, and a basket lined with the skirt materiel. When she was in first grade she was a princess with rosebuds in her hair. She won first place in at the school carnival and won a purple bike with purple fringe. It was stolen a week later, and it just happens a friend of her just got a bike just like it for their birthday before they moved. I'll always thing they took it, and it was a dirty thing to do a six year old girl, so your daughter could have the bike she threw a fit for.

Anyway, I got to buy her summer and new school year clothes, and her hair cut by the same barber since she was three, and a mani pedi, and new shoes each year. I didn't get to this summer. She's eighteen now and is a volunteer firefighter and works so, I hope to see her sometime this holidays.

Someone once asked her (5) if she had any money and she told them as long as grandma and grandpa have money, I have money. It surprised the store clerk, I shrugged and over the cash.

What a nice story! You sound so proud of the young lady. How hard it must have been to let her go live with her mother, but how wonderful your summer visits must have been. I do hope you see her during the holidays .... she sounds like a responsible young lady now. Congrats to her for all she has accomplished.

My mother once made me a cowgirl outfit, too! Skirt, vest, boots, and silver cap guns. I was so proud..... Annie Oakley and Dale Rogers had nothing on me! Nearly 60 years later and I still recall that happy memory. I hope your granddaughter always remembers a similar feeling.

They think the flu.I don't think she has a chest tube. She is getting a Trach tomorrow. She apparently was able to be off the vent all day and had just gotten a blood transfusion when we arrived. She was much more responsive this evening, opening her eyes, squeezing my hand, squinting/grimacing at jokes.

Wow. I think I understand now. Do the doctors anticipate her being on the ventilator long term? Is that the reason for the trach? I am so sorry she is going through this. Prayers and Jingles for you, Carol and her family and friends. I hope she makes a swift recovery. Hugs.

What a nice story! You sound so proud of the young lady. How hard it must have been to let her go live with her mother, but how wonderful your summer visits must have been. I do hope you see her during the holidays .... she sounds like a responsible young lady now. Congrats to her for all she has accomplished.

My mother once made me a cowgirl outfit, too! Skirt, vest, boots, and silver cap guns. I was so proud..... Annie Oakley and Dale Rogers had nothing on me! Nearly 60 years later and I still recall that happy memory. I hope your granddaughter always remembers a similar feeling.

I do miss her. Her mother sent her to me to take care of because she was too busy, tired, etc when she was three weeks old. We already had her two year old brother since he was born because she wouldn't acknowledge him unless it was to get her way. My son called me very late on a Sunday night and asked me if I would keep her during the day while he was at work and school, said she'd thrown glass glasses at him when he was holding Brit, and they had broke over his head when they hit the wall. If I didn't then I got then you don't love her. She was a very manipulated and didn't care who she hurt.

So, we now had two children under three when we were so close to the empty nest at forty five. When Brit turned two we went to court and they were given to us, so all we had to do was weekend visitation and holidays. She always came back sick, and would be terrible, throwing fits, one day my best friend , the attorney, was over using my computer when she got home from a visit,and was sitting on my lap laughing as I was tickling her, and she hauled off and slapped me in the face. She told my friend that her mama told her to be mean to me.

She didn't want my grandson on her weekends and once told him (4) that if he was sick he didn't have to come visit her, so every week he'd ask if he had to go that weekend, and if it was her weekend, on Fridays he's get sick at school. Diarrhea, throwing up, and I'd to go get him. If he had to go when her mother was in town when we'd pick them up Sunday evening he'd run, get in the suv and lock the doors. He doesn't talk much about what all she'd done to him, other than say he had to stay in the bedroom all day with his one year old half brother, and would be sent to bed while it was still light when his step father got home from work. Brit and her two year old half sister got to stay out in the living room. I told her attorney that he would not be going to live with his mom when he was twelve, and that I had no problem in letting their psychologist take the stand and tell the judge what they've told her. The new judge thought all children should be with their natural mother, no matter how bad the parents were. Every gift I've given Brit has been tore up or broke when she'd take it with her for a visit. We started sending them in flipflops because their new Nikes or Reeboks wouldn't come back with them. Several times they came back in somebody else's old worn out shoes. We started having dinner with them before she picked them up every other Friday, because she wouldn't feed my grandson until Sunday evening when she brought them home, then he got a corny dog from Sonic

Gosh, I'm rambling on.

[video=youtu;xNEYfIUDkh8]http://youtu.be/xNEYfIUDkh8[/video]

funny_gud_afternoon_6792140253.gif

Link: http://www.funnydam.com/uploads/funny_gud_afternoon_6792140253.gif
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cold day- 32 degrees, but the sun is shining :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Found these on Twitter this AM:

******* ‏@tmhco 11h11 hours ago
Nurmi just confirmed on BK that there was NO text of Travis inviting her over on 6/4. Book says different. #jodiarias

**************‏@Bunny********* Nov 21
Ha! Look what the #jodiarias troglodytes are saying abt Wormi's book! comment section is good. Jodi is devastated!😜 http://www.thetroublewithjustice.com/raising-the-bar-but-certainly-not-in-arizona/ …

RAISING THE BAR – BUT CERTAINLY NOT IN ARIZONA

"...The difference being that the prosecutor is supported by a big publishing company and the defense attorney had to handle his own publishing. It is a story of David and Goliath, and even if the little guy defeated the big fat giant, the only losers had to be Lady Justice standing by looking revulsed, and of course the defendant, Ms. Arias, who was stuck between these two malefactors after the death of her lover..."

http://www.thetroublewithjustice.com/raising-the-bar-but-certainly-not-in-arizona/

The murderers supporters are in comment section
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hunt for suspect who shot medical student who came to the aid of attacked woman - then tried to finish him off but was foiled when the gun jammed

WARNING - GRAPHIC CONTENT

"Police identified suspected gunman as Euric Cain, 21, on Sunday
He faces charges of first-degree murder and second-degree kidnapping..."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-medical-student-came-aid-attacked-woman.html

BBnjPQl.img

(This undated photo released by the New Orleans Police Department shows Euric Cain, who is accused of shooting a medical student who stopped an apparent kidnapping. Police say Cain of New Orleans is wanted on charges of armed robbery, second-degree…)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man accused in death of Kentucky girl who vanished during football game

"A man is accused of murder and other crimes in the death of a 7-year-old girl who disappeared during a high school football game last weekend, Kentucky State Police said on Friday.

Timothy Madden, 38, of Scottsville, in south central Kentucky near the Tennessee border, was arrested on Friday morning and is accused of kidnap, rape, sodomy and murder of Gabriella "Gabbi" Doolin, police said. He is currently being held in the Allen County Detention Center..."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/20/us-kentucky-crime-idUSKCN0T92OD20151120

Ws thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...in-7-Allen-County-14-Nov-2015-*ARREST*/page67
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recidivism Rates Don't Snitch on Repeat Offenders

"...My six-plus years at the maximum-security York Correctional Institution gave me a front row seat to the recidivism show. Women would leave and be back within 24 hours sometimes. Recidivism isn't a rate; it's a guarantee..."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chand...-sni_b_8579426.html?utm_hp_ref=crime&ir=Crime

Prosecutorial Misconduct and the Public's Perception of Criminal Defense

"One of the most recognizable lines in television history is the introduction to NBC's Law & Order:

In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the police who investigate crime and the district attorneys who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories.

A colleague recently questioned that intro, asking, "Where are the criminal defense lawyers?"..."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/adam-...t-_2_b_8473898.html?utm_hp_ref=crime&ir=Crime

And of course George Barwood had to make a comment.
-----------------------------------------------

How to Be a Lawyer Without Going to Law School

"This weekend, thousands of young prospective lawyers across the nation will receive the results of the July 2015 bar exam. Those who pass will be one step closer to practicing law in their state; those who fail must retreat from society once again, hit the books, and wallow in the depths of misery until the next exam in February.

Nearly all those who await results have followed the traditional route to lawyerdom: They’ve toiled through three years of rigorous study at an American Bar Association-approved law school. They’ve taken $5,000+ bar exam prep courses. They’ve spent summers fetching coffee for district attorneys and corporate lawyers.

A select few, however, have completely bypassed these steps. Several U.S. states offer a little-known alternative path to the bar exam room: “reading the law” — or serving as an apprentice in the office of a practicing attorney of judge...

So, just how does one go about doing this?..."

http://priceonomics.com/how-to-be-a-lawyer-without-going-to-law-school/?ncid=newsltushpmg00000003
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Young Western Women, Fandom, and ISIS

"“To them [Muslim girls in the West obsessed with ISIS men], jihadists are like Brad Pitt, only better because Brad Pitt is not religious” (Driscoll 2015).

Nobody knows for sure how many Western girls and young women have traveled so far to the self-proclaimed Islamic State (also ISIS or ISIL), but intelligence agencies and terrorism experts believe that there is an upward trend. Nobody knows for sure why young women, used to the stability and comfort of Western societies, leave their families and friends for lives in a far-away war zone to become brides of ISIS fighters. Some observers suggest that these young females are the victims of online propaganda and brainwashing, turning the seemingly “normal” women next door into religious zealots; others believe that young women, just like young men, are bored and seek adventure; still others see admiration and love for courageous Islamic warriors as driving motivators. After looking at ISIS’s female recruitment sites I wonder to what extent internet and social media networks are instrumental in turning some impressionable girls and young women into fans of the Islamic State and its fighters, just as entertainment media turn some of their peers into passionate fans of pop music stars or movie celebrities..."

http://www.e-ir.info/2015/05/05/young-western-women-fandom-and-isis/
--------------------------------------------------------------

Why young American women are joining ISIS

"...“They often appear to be typical teenagers,” said Brigitte Lebans Nacos, a political science professor at Columbia University who studies terrorism. “They ask about hair dryers. They’re looking for romance. They’re fans of ISIS, like others are fans of pop stars.”

The average age of women in New America’s data set is 21. A third of the female converts are teenagers. Many are active in jihadist Web circles, occasionally using Twitter to connect with recruiters. Others have familial ties to jihadism — relatives fighting in Syria or Iraq, a lover who’d dedicated his life to the cause...."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/11/17/why-young-american-women-are-joining-isis/

The doomsday ideology of ISIS

"...“The belief that the end of the world is coming and you’re going to be fighting on the side of the good guys when the world ends is a powerful motivator,” McCants told Yahoo News. “Young people going to join [ISIS] believe they are participating in a apocalyptic prophecy.”

“The really interesting thing here from the psychological perspective is the sense of urgency,” said John Horgan, a psychologist and terrorism expert at Georgia State University. “They’re sending the message that the forces of evil are about to reach their goals so you need to act now rather than later. You don’t have the luxury of waiting for this to happen.”..."

http://news.yahoo.com/the-doomsday-ideology-of-isis-192945938.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Chicago Sets November Snowfall Record As Midwest Walloped With Cold :coldout:
The Windy City had its highest November snowfall total in 120 years.

:snowflake::snowflake::snowflake::snowflake::snowflake::snowflake:

"A deep freeze set in across the Midwest on Sunday with low temperatures forecast in the single digits and a few below zero, turning the season's first major snow into ice that made some roads treacherous to travel..."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...01be4b0258edb31eb47?ncid=newsltushpmg00000003

565255182100004a005ab603.jpeg

I'm not looking forward to this- and I know it's coming soon. :gaah:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, just a note. Kaycee has been on chemo for over a week. She is so tired. Cant eat.

Her brother and sister have been tested for bone marrow. Results not in yet...
Thanks for all the prayers. xox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members