SIDEBAR #58 - Travis Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nore ~ So glad the snow missed you! Missed us also, we got less than an inch.

My thoughts and prayers are for those that are in the path of the storm. Was watching the Weather Channel and showing all the people that are stranded on I 75 in Kentucky over 3000 cars! :(

Dmacky ~ Are you okay?

All of our SB friends doing ok that are in the path of the storm?

Well.... the coffee table seems to have one of my early books on the top of the stack ... something like "See Spot Run" .... though I can't tell what kind of books they are. If they are telephone books, Zuri has good eyes!

Hope our peeps will be able to check in this morning. What a mess the weather is making for so many. Be safe, everyone.

I just stumbled on the strangest thing. Apparently there is a 'debate' scheduled for Sunday, on the support the killer Facebook page:

'Jodi Arias Evidentiary Debate'

https://www.facebook.com/events/217530561915436/

They want people from 'both sides' to debate 'the facts' of the case , Sunday on this brand new FB page…

hahaha LOL! I love him! For some odd reason, he makes me feel okay about the approaching storm. Hmmm...

:thinking:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

fantastic speaker, should be put on the 8 pm news - hahaha

Good thoughts to everyone in the path of the storm. At 6 a.m. I am now seeing snow flurries. Everything should be finished here by noon. We don't expect to get much unless the temps drop and we get iced over.

Sweet thoughts to those who are sick or hurting or just need some good mojo.

To be honest I have always believed that OJ's son did the killing. The friends I discussed this with at the time disagreed completely but I have always had the thought in the back of my head so I'm not surprised by this talk.

I would be interested in the Jay debate if I didn't have to show up under my own name. I don't trust any of them.

I have been working on more hats. I will see if the pics will post.

ea52554f1b0cfcf547784e412c29aaea.jpg

9c687a18f27d7c0a9b229a0f177fc7e9.jpg

d82f4f6cd224705c83dc0a537cad6f47.jpg

b6e3b58a195984eca377b4cd2bd1edf6.jpg

Very interesting article. Your vet, Dr. Louise Southwood, sounds very accomplished with all her research.

LOUISE SOUTHWOOD, BVSc, MS, PhD, BSc (Vet)

sout4829.jpg

http://www.vet.upenn.edu/people/faculty-clinician-search/LOUISESOUTHWOOD

The Univ. of Penn Vet hospital is really good when you have a sick animal (I know because of my Buddy), but so expensive. A lot of money is needed for research. I hope you raise thousands of dollars for Dr. Southwood's research in honor of Knox. :)

BBM
Yes, let's all think about how we could support this fantastic initiative of Zuri.
May be it's not easy but we all might know people who know people who know...
Isn't it how it works?

GOOD ZURI - GOOD KNOX.

Thank you both. Tears. I pick up Knox's ashes tomorrow as I had him individually cremated. A lovely Amish couple in Paradise, PA does horses and Knox was too special not to have done that. NBC helped facilitate all of that with the hauler and the crematorium.

I will have him with me forever. Louise went back in and took his shoes off for me so I have them too along with a large part of his beautiful black tail.

:crying:
:candle: FOR YOU & KNOX :candle:

Good thoughts to everyone in the path of the storm. At 6 a.m. I am now seeing snow flurries. Everything should be finished here by noon. We don't expect to get much unless the temps drop and we get iced over.

To be honest I have always believed that OJ's son did the killing. The friends I discussed this with at the time disagreed completely but I have always had the thought in the back of my head so I'm not surprised by this talk.

I would be interested in the Jay debate if I didn't have to show up under my own name. I don't trust any of them.

I have been working on more hats. I will see if the pics will post.

ea52554f1b0cfcf547784e412c29aaea.jpg

9c687a18f27d7c0a9b229a0f177fc7e9.jpg

d82f4f6cd224705c83dc0a537cad6f47.jpg

b6e3b58a195984eca377b4cd2bd1edf6.jpg

What cute hats!!! Love them :) Good work!

GOOD MORNING! SMILE...Don't ever stop smiling and keep your head held high.

Oh my! Oh my!! Oh my!!!

Attachments

• 12347573_989389347813609_6872576536053271325_n.jpg
    12347573_989389347813609_6872576536053271325_n.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 56
Corn And Ham Fritters

Serves 6-8

Ingredients

•1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

•1 cup creamed corn (recipe here)

•3/4 cup ham, cubed

•1/2 cup whole milk

•2 large eggs

•1 shallot, diced

•1 tablespoon olive oil

•1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

•kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

•canola or vegetable oil, for frying

Directions

1.In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and pepper, and set aside.

2.Heat olive oil in a medium pan or skillet over medium-high heat and sauté shallot until softened and tender.

3.Add ham and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside.

4.Pour 1/4-inch canola oil into a heavy-bottomed pan or skillet over medium-high heat until oil is shimmering and sizzles when water is sprinkled into it.

5.In a large bowl, beat milk and eggs together until combined, then stir in flour mixture and stir until smooth.

6.Mix in creamed corn, ham and shallot until incorporated.

7.In batches, drop large spoonfuls of corn mixture into hot oil and fry for 2-3 minutes (per side), or until golden brown.

8.Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, then serve hot

Pan-Roasted Chicken Breasts

4 boneless chicken breast halves with skin
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (thyme, parsley, rosemary) (optional)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
4 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
1 tablespoon chicken broth (or water), if needed to thin sauce
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Directions
Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it starts to shimmer. Place chicken breasts in skillet skin side down. Sprinkle with fresh herbs. Do not disturb the breasts until the skin side sears, 5 or 6 minutes. Turn chicken.
Cook until internal temperature reaches 150 degrees F, about 5 minutes. Add vinegar and butter to pan with chicken. Shake pan gently until butter melts and internal temperature of chicken reaches 160 to 165 degrees F, 2 to 3 minutes more. Add a splash of chicken broth or water if sauce needs to be thinned.

Just checking in to see how everyone is fairing with the snowstorm. We received no new snow. My son, in NJ, emailed me and said he is getting hit hard and
has closed his business for today.
Hope everyone in the path of the storm is safe. :scared:

Everything You Need to Know About Deadly Snowstorm Bearing Down on East Coast

"A weekend snowstorm that has left at least three dead is hitting the eastern United States as of Saturday morning, with the possibility of record snowfall.

In North and South Carolina, almost 150,000 customers were without power, according to Duke Energy, and the Virginia State Police responded to 989 traffic crashes and 793 disabled vehicles on Friday alone.

A shelter opened for drivers in Kentucky after Interstate 75 shut down due to bad conditions. Kentucky State Police tweeted late Friday evening that emergency management teams were making their way to the stranded cars with water and fuel.

More than 6,800 flights have already been canceled for this weekend and cities are bracing for the worst.

Here's everything people on the East Coast need to know..."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/weekends-snow-storm/story?id=36446103

Please stay inside - safe and warm everyone.

See you all later. :seeya:

Well.... the coffee table seems to have one of my early books on the top of the stack ... something like "See Spot Run" .... though I can't tell what kind of books they are. If they are telephone books, Zuri has good eyes!

Hope our peeps will be able to check in this morning. What a mess the weather is making for so many. Be safe, everyone.

The telephone books were CJ's eyes, not mine lol. I thought those books were coffee table books. Is the coffee table an old telephone table? Like where you kept the phone and phone books? I have no clue. I need another clue please!

Wagara, your hats are adorable!

I remember last year driving through SC during a snowstorm and seeing all this cars that had skidded off of I 95, and there wasn't that much snow, but ice underneath. I hope you don't have to go out.

What in the world do they have to debate? They're just wanting more people to argue and fight with. To tell them they're "haters" when you don't agree with them

Snipped for space

Do you sell the hats, or give them to a hospital for newborns or preemies? I think they're beautiful. My sister makes hats and poncho's for our nursing home ladies that we give out at Christmas.
She made two hundred for my son to hand out when they do the Bum Rush downtown and hand out blankets, coats (one year Target donated jackets) socks, gloves and a sack lunch. They were handing them out to the homeless and someone complained, so they moved to a church parking lot and still got hassled because they weren't sure about all those homeless in one place, and they didn't like them feeding them a sandwich, chips, and fruit. It might not be "safe". I guess they don't have the good samaritan spirit.

Good morning all. Does anyone know if GigiG and Zuri have power?

And you can sit upon the blast from the past.

Hope everyone's staying warm, dry and safe in all this winter weather. We only got two or three inches where we are in Arkansas. I don't think we got any at home, just rain. :wave:

We have power here so far which is wonderful. We have a heat pump so rely totally on electricity. The wind was blowing the flaps of the dog doors open so we shut them down for the night. And of course we (DH) woke up to a lovely present from my male GSD.

I am really kinda glad that we are house bound. I am hoping to get the downstairs totally set up as our new furniture arrived this past week and looks awesome. I will post pics when it is presentable (which may be by the summer lol).

The telephone books were CJ's eyes, not mine lol. I thought those books were coffee table books. Is the coffee table an old telephone table? Like where you kept the phone and phone books? I have no clue. I need another clue please!

Yes, it's an old telephone chair.

Here's a fancy one.

leisure-telephone-chair-sm-02-776.jpg

Just got off the phone with my friend from Pa and she says she is getting hit hard with snow.
We still do not have snow here :)
I see we haven't heard from GigiG in DC yet. Hope she is OK. Watched the Weather Channel this AM and you can't see the capital building
with all the snow falling. Hope she checks in soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper