DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One more thing:

Quizzes:

What Level Of Southern Are You?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/gabrielsanchez/what-level-of-southern-are-you#.tfrvnz6VW

My results:

"You checked 6 out of 72 on this list!

Sorry Yankee — looks like you’ve gotta get yourself to Dixie land and try some REAL pecan pie! You need a little southern comfort in your life!"
----------------------------------

Pfttt. I don't like pecan pie.
dis-like-smiley.gif

(and who knows what kind of bugs are in the South :scared:.... I hate bugs
mosquito-smiley.gif
)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We Know Your Bra Size Based On Random Questions

http://www.buzzfeed.com/vikky/we-know-your-bra-size-based-on-random-questions-y65c

"You got: 32F"

Whatttt is a F??? :scared:

:facepalm:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm slightly more southern than you are, though I certainly don't like pecan pie either (way too sweet for me). And pickle juice on popcorn? WTH? But we do like to put apple cider vinegar on the french fries we get at the MD and DE beaches, which probably sounds just as weird...

You checked 11 out of 72 on this list!
Sorry Yankee — looks like you’ve gotta get yourself to Dixie land and try some REAL pecan pie! You need a little southern comfort in your life!

First! :winner: I did it! 5,500!!!! :skip: :thewave:

I got 31/72, probably because I lived in NC for a bit and have a Southern mother. My DD#2 would have a score of 60/72 and she has only visited my mother lol.

I got 32F as well and I only wish I looked like the girl in the GIF.

I read an article on CNN where hoards of Black Tipped Sharks are in the area of FL I am going to and they are very close to shore.... I am NOT going in the ocean. Period.

You must have missed by question before - when are you and Susza going to Florida??!! :escape:

Okay - signing off for the night! Take care everyone! :grouphug:

:seeya:

I got 37 ..... I call myself a "wannabe" Southerner. I have only visited twice anywhere south of Ohio. But if I can be barefoot all year long, I am ready to move.

Come on down - southern hospitality is the best!

And there's nuthin as good as homemade pee can pie by a genuine southern cook. Forget store bought for sure.

Come on down - southern hospitality is the best!

And there's nuthin as good as homemade pee can pie by a genuine southern cook. Forget store bought for sure.

I can live without pee can pie, but I do LOVE traditional low country cooking. I am also quite attracted to the year-round avg temps. How I HATE winter here!!!

I can live without pee can pie, but I do LOVE traditional low country cooking. I am also quite attracted to the year-round avg temps. How I HATE winter here!!!

It's around 45 tonight and inching up to the 60's during the week with temps in the 70's this weekend.

Daisymae, I'll gladly take you up on that homemade pee-can pie! yummmm

Congratulations, Niner. whoohooo! :loveyou::woohoo:

I'd be interested in knowing "what" he says about O.J.'s innocence - once you've read his book! I believe his son, Jason did it...
I also believe Jason did it. Always have. My friends almost disowned me!

The temps aren't bad in SC but humidity truly is a season. I got 50. I don't do camo or crawdads!

Snow, slush and freezing rain tomorrow, but Tuesday will be in the 50s. Yay!

We got the snow, slush, freezing rain!! It's nasty out. Calling for rain today and high in the 40's and 60's by weekend. Go figure...it's Southern Indiana weather!

Sunset yesterday on Indian Rocks Beach in Florida!

uploadfromtaptalk1455536717159.jpg

:seeya: :biggrin:

:snowball:

:escape:

101129_041102_55471106.JPG

Link: http://image.aimoo.com/ForumImages/251d70f6-a966-492f-80d7-1c7c6631e015/101129_041102_55471106.JPG
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well :sheesh: woke up to no water this AM. :(
It was -10 degrees last night and this AM.
Waiting for the pipes to thaw- I hope soon. :crossfingers:

(did I say that I hate winter in the mountains of NY lately?) :crying:

:eek:kay:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

President's Day- Monday, Feb 15

Presidents-Day-Library-Closed.jpg

Link: http://www.cijschools.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Presidents-Day-Library-Closed.jpg

[video=youtube;w5sYTMADQqE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5sYTMADQqE[/video]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grandmother Accused of Killing Baby Girl (with clip)

"MAHANOY CITY -- Police believe a woman in Schuylkill County who was supposed to be caring for her grandchildren was starving one and killed the other.

Mahanoy City police have been investigating this case for about a month. They arrested that grandmother and charged her with criminal homicide on Friday...
Hoffman is now locked up in the Schuylkill County jail.

Because she faces a capital murder charge that comes with the possibility of the death penalty, the magistrate did not set bail."

http://wnep.com/2016/02/12/woman-charged-with-death-of-14-month-old-granddaughter/

CbCKU3mVAAAitV_.jpg

Link: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbCKU3mVAAAitV_.jpg
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sirhan Sirhan, assassin of Robert Kennedy, denied parole for 15th time

"The decision came after Sirhan answered questions from the California parole panel for about three hours in a small, windowless conference room.

Commissioners concluded Sirhan did not show adequate remorse or understand the enormity of his crime.

"This crime impacted the nation, and I daresay it impacted the world," commissioner Brian Roberts said. "It was a political assassination of a viable Democratic presidential candidate."

During the hearing, the 71-year-old Sirhan stuck to his previous account that he did not remember the shooting in 1968 at the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles after Kennedy won the Democratic presidential primary in California.

He said he recalled being in the hotel then going to his car and returning after realizing he had too much to drink. He said he became interested in a female and they drank coffee in a hotel pantry.

"It's all vague now," Sirhan told the parole panel. "I'm sure you all have it in your records, I can't deny it or confirm it, I just wish this whole thing had never taken place."
Sirhan, a native of Jerusalem, listened intently during most of the hearing, turning testy when commissioners pressed him on his memory. He said he felt remorse for any crime victim but added that he couldn't take responsibility for the shooting.

"If you want a confession, I can't make it now," Sirhan said. "Legally speaking, I'm not guilty of anything. ... It's not that I'm making light of it. I'm responsible for being there."..."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/1...bert-kennedy-denied-parole-for-15th-time.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italian wife faces jail for 'not doing housework'

"An Italian woman faces six years in jail after her husband accused her of not doing enough cooking and cleaning at home.

Her husband made a formal complaint to the paramilitary Carabinieri police, saying that his wife was slovenly, failed to put meals on the table and left their home in a dreadful mess.

Rather than dismissing the case as a domestic dispute, the police referred it to judicial authorities.

They decided to send the matter to trial, with the 42-year-old wife facing between two and six years in prison if found guilty of the charge of “mistreatment within the family”.

The crime, article 572 in the Italian penal code, “punishes whoever mistreats a person in their family or a person entrusted to them for reasons of education, care or custody.”

Her husband, 47, accused her of “bad management of domestic affairs”, in a case that reinforces the image of the harassed Italian wife stirring a steaming pot of pasta sauce while small children run round her feet and the man of the house puts his feet up with a newspaper...."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-wife-faces-jail-for-not-doing-housework.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boyfriend of British Soap Star Sian Blake Arrested at Heathrow Airport for Murder of Blake and Their Children

"Scotland Yard detectives arrested the boyfriend of murdered Eastenders star Sian Blake at Heathrow Airport on Friday immediately after he was extradited back to the UK from Ghana.

About five weeks ago, the bodies of the actress and the couple's two children were discovered in the rear garden of their home in Erith, Kent.

A statement released by Scotland Yard Friday morning confirmed that authorities "arrested Arthur Simpson-Kent on suspicion of the murders of Sian Blake and her children Zachary and Amon" shortly after he had stepped off a flight from Ghana...

Postmortem examinations have concluded that Blake – who played soul singer Frankie Perrie in the hit BBC soap opera – and her two children died as a result of serious head and neck injuries. According to the police report "significant attempts had been made to conceal the bodies." ..."

http://www.people.com/article/arthur-simpson-kent-arrested-murder-sian-blake-eastenders

WS thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ke-43-Zachary-8-amp-Amon-4-London-13-Dec-2015
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Innocent Man in Prison for 45 Years

"Cleve Heidelberg has been in prison for 45 years. Convicted of killing a police officer in the early morning hours of May 26, 1970 in Peoria, Illinois. He was sentenced to 99 to 175 years of incarceration. Now at 72 years old, the injustice of Heidelberg's conviction is finally coming to light. And Chicago Lawyer Andrew Hale is on a mission to free the innocent man...

The short story is Cleve Heidelberg had a trial in 1970. This is at the height of the Black Panther party. At the end of the turbulent 60s. He doesn't have a chance. He gets convicted. Despite his innocence. No one cared. The establishment wanted someone to pay, it didn't matter who. Just as long as they were black. But there were questions raised about his innocence early on.

"After he gets convicted another guy comes forward, James Clark, the guy who actually used the car. He confesses." Hale says. "He's interviewed by the Peoria Journal Star newspaper, tells the whole story, gives a detailed affidavit. So basically this doesn't go anywhere. The Courts, they don't really look into it thoroughly and it just kind of doesn't go anywhere and Heidelberg stays in prison where he's been for 45 years."

Imagine that? Forty-five years for a crime you didn't commit..."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/seth-...n-fo_b_9213632.html?utm_hp_ref=crime&ir=Crime
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fifty-year-old man who's been missing for 30 YEARS suddenly remembers who he is

"Edgar Latulip went missing aged 21 nearly 30 years ago in Ontario

He vanished from hospital while he was being treated after suicide attempt

Police believed he had taken a bus to Niagara Falls to try to kill himself

He suffered a head injury and only remembered who he was last month

Now 50, Mr Latulip has had a DNA test confirming he is the missing man

He was just 80 miles away and a reunion with his mother is being arranged.."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

WS thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...p-KW-and-St-Catharine-s-Ontario-Feb-10th-2016
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lacking lethal injection drugs, Va. might turn to the electric chair

"Virginia lawmakers are mulling a bill that would allow state officials to use the electric chair to execute those on death row when lethal-injection drugs are not available — a measure that might be needed to put an inmate to death next month.

The legislation passed the Virginia House of Delegates last week, though it still must clear the Senate, which it has failed to do in the past. But this year might be different because an inmate is scheduled for execution in March, and prison officials say they do not have the sedatives they need to do it...

The proposal again thrusts Virginia to the center of a national debate on how the justice system should deal with those it has determined deserve to die. Historically, states turned away from the electric chair, believing lethal injection to be quicker, less painful and less likely to be declared cruel and unusual punishment, said Robert Dunham, executive director of the Death Penalty Information Center. Now — with the needed drugs in short supply — they are being forced to look at alternatives, sometimes turning to practices that have fallen out of favor, Dunham said..."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...331dea-d02c-11e5-88cd-753e80cd29ad_story.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone Wrote A Sketchy Guide For Evading New Rules On Prison Phone Costs

"WASHINGTON -- Someone has a clever plan -- outlined in a mysterious, unsigned document -- to help prisons and jails evade Obama administration regulations aimed at stopping prison phone companies from charging inmates and their families hundreds of dollars per month for basic calling services.

Major prison phone companies didn't comment or said they weren't involved in writing the document, obtained by an attorney who represents a group of inmates' families. But the attorney is concerned enough that he has asked regulators to take a look...

Last October, the Federal Communications Commission approved a plan to limit the price of prison phone calls to 11 cents a minute in state and federal prisons, cap certain types of fees and formally discourage commissions to prisons. The FCC, however, stopped short of banning them.

The anonymous document that recently came to light lays out a straightforward way to get around this FCC order: pretend that commissions don’t exist, charge prisoners and their families a whole new set of fees and call them something else..."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...6bb5203e4b08ffac1235a00?utm_hp_ref=must-reads
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the United States, more women are killed by their intimate partners than by any other group of people.
This Is Not A Love Story (America's Deadly Domestic Violence Problem)

"...On just the first day of the year, at least eight women in different parts of the country were killed. In each instance, the suspect was a husband, boyfriend, ex or lover.
And the bloodletting didn't let up in the month that followed. Every day, somewhere in the U.S., at least one woman was allegedly killed by an intimate partner. Some days four or five women died.

All told, at least 112 people were killed last month in suspected intimate partner homicides, a staggering death toll that includes children and bystanders, The Huffington Post found...

But it's not just the government or criminal justice system that can help stop the carnage. Friends, family and employers must hold abusive partners accountable for their behavior, Gandy said, adding that our society needs to treat abuse as morally reprehensible and socially unacceptable.

"The simple answer? We need to stop being OK with men's violence against women," she said."

http://testkitchen.huffingtonpost.com/this-is-not-a-love-story/conclusion/?ncid=newsltushpmg00000003
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

California Death Row Inmates Remain Stuck In High Security Limbo (podcast and transcript)

"...KELLY MCEVERS, HOST:
This fall, people here in California might get to vote on two very different ballot measures about capital punishment - one to ban the death penalty and another to expedite executions. California still sentences convicted murderers to death, but there hasn't been an execution here since 2006. That's when a federal judge suspended capital punishment. Scott Shafer from member station KQED in San Francisco recently got a rare tour of San Quentin Prison, and he found death row inmates stuck in high-security limbo.

SCOTT SHAFER, BYLINE: California's death row population just keeps growing. There are now about 745 condemned inmates. Most of them are here at San Quentin prison. Between them and the outside - lots of locks and keys. They're some of the state's most notorious criminals. Some were serial killers, the details of their crimes - horrifying. In the prison yard, inmate Robert Galvan takes a break from doing pullups to talk through a chain-link fence.

What's life like here?..."

http://www.npr.org/2016/02/12/46659...w-inmates-remain-stuck-in-high-security-limbo
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Appeals court overturns decision to halt executions in Mississippi

"A U.S. appeals court on Wednesday reversed a decision that halted executions in Mississippi, finding a lower court abused its discretion when it blocked the use of certain lethal injection drugs.

Mississippi officials said the ruling validated the state's three-drug protocol, which they noted was the same as the Oklahoma cocktail upheld in a 5-4 ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court last June.

But executions in the state are unlikely to restart immediately, according to a lawyer for two death row inmates challenging the protocol..."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mississippi-execution-idUSKCN0VJ2ME
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Death-row prisoners, victims’ families wait as Ohio seeks execution drugs

"...For most of the intervening 33 years, Gregory Esparza, the man convicted for killing Gerschultz, has been on Death Row in Ohio. He has moved from prisons in Mansfield and Lucasville, and most recently to Chillicothe, but he has been locked in a one-man cell.

It's been two years since Ohio's last execution, and it will be at least another year before another one happens because of continuing problems securing drugs for lethal injection. That means many of the 138 men and one woman on Death Row are racking up long stays at taxpayer expense.

The five longest-serving inmates have spent a combined total of more than 150 years on Death Row.

More than two dozen Death Row inmates have died from disease while awaiting execution...

One of the reasons for the long delays on Death Row is an intentionally created, multistep legal process designed to make sure all necessary precautions are taken when the ultimate punishment is at stake. Add in delays based on DNA evidence and diminished mental capacity, plus challenges to the lethal injection process and years accumulate on Death Row...

Sullivan said that while some murder victim families want to see the killer executed, "others just want support to help the family move along and move forward.".."

http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...w-as-state-tries-to-find-execution-drugs.html
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watch 1,400 US workers learn their jobs are moving to Mexico :(

"A crowd of Carrier manufacturing workers erupted into anger Wednesday as they learned their plant was being relocated to Monterrey, Mexico.

Carrier, an Indianapolis-based heating, ventilation and air conditioning company owned by United Technologies, announced in a statement on Wednesday that the plant would undergo a three-year transition to Mexico starting in 2017..."

http://www.businessinsider.com/carrier-workers-learn-jobs-are-moving-to-mexico-2016-2

[video=youtube;Y3ttxGMQOrY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3ttxGMQOrY[/video]

The Last Of Nazi War Convictions Will Not End Fight Against Anti-Semitism (podcast)

"One of the last of the trials of Nazi guards has begun in Germany. NPR's Linda Wertheimer talks to Rabbi Marvin Hier of the Simon Wiesenthal Center about their future after these prosecutions end."

http://www.npr.org/2016/02/13/46664...ions-will-not-end-fight-against-anti-semitism
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nazi prison guard who guarded doomed Jews at Auschwitz then claimed $360,000 in US benefits cheats justice by dying aged 92 (with video)

"The announcement by Denzinger's family says he was buried Saturday at a local cemetery near Osijek in eastern Croatia, after having died on Thursday.

Denzinger was among a group of former Nazis to have fled to the U.S. after the war and remained living there comfortably until their senior years - claiming millions in social security payments...

Denzinger moved to the U.S. after the war, settling in Ohio where he became a successful plastics industry executive.

Years later, the Justice Department uncovered his past. In 1989, as U.S. prosecutors prepared their case to strip Denzinger of his citizenship, he first fled to Germany and later moved to Croatia.

Denzinger was among dozens of suspected Nazi war criminals and SS guards who collected millions of dollars in U.S. Social Security benefits after being forced out of the U.S.

An Associated Press investigation into the issue resulted in a law in 2014 barring suspected Nazi war criminals from receiving U.S. government pension benefits.

Croatian authorities in 2014 opened an investigation of Denzinger's Second World War service, but he was never tried. He had refused to comment on the allegations..."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-former-Nazi-camp-guard-dies-Croatia-92.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poland wants punishments for use of 'Polish death camp' phrase

"Poland is drawing up new regulations to punish use of the phrase "Polish death camps" when referring to wartime Nazi concentration camps on Polish soil, Justice Minister Zbigniew Ziobro said on Saturday.

Poland has long sought to eliminate the misleading phrase from historical and newspaper accounts since it suggests the country, which was occupied by Nazi Germany during World War Two, was responsible for Holocaust-era camps on its territory.

The Nazis operated their most infamous death camps, such as Auschwitz-Birkenau, Sobibor and Treblinka complexes, mostly in occupied Poland rather than in Germany..."

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-poland-nazi-camps-idUKKCN0VM0RB
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After My Grandparents Died, I Learned a Tragic Family Secret
​Unlocking the mystery meant confronting a meaningful, but devastating, part of my history.

"...This cousin had translated a letter written to great-grandma Katie in 1935 by her mother...

And though it didn't say so, it implicitly told us that our family, too, shared the tragic history with which so many Jews can relate: Chana and her entire family, aside from Katie and her brother, were presumed to have been murdered in the Holocaust.

A later email from this newly discovered cousin confirmed that he had recently spoken with Katie's nephew, 82 and living in Buenos Aires, who confirmed that the rest of the family was among Knyszyn's 2,000 murdered Jews.

As an American Jew with no knowledge of my ancestors, I've always been a step removed from the Holocaust. I've known the pain and sadness of being descended from a people who were once the target of genocide, and with no known family of my own, I've walked through the Holocaust Museum with tears in my eyes. I've grieved those who left no one behind to mourn them. At times, though, I've felt guilty for my grief: Who am I to feel such sorrow when I have no personal connections?

Now I know. My family died in the Holocaust, too. Among those nameless faces and those unidentified numbers were my real relatives,whose blood I bear.

It doesn't change me. I remain connected to all those who were murdered and continue to feel that I am their family as well. Having an individualized connection to the Holocaust does not make me somehow more Jewish – and yet, I feel more complete knowing the details of my own family's history, horrible though they may be. Now, when I walk through the Holocaust Museum or watch Schindler's List, I know conclusively that my own flesh and blood died there, too. This history isn't just theoretical; it's personal, too..."

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/lif...my-family-history-revealed-holocaust-tragedy/

missing-smiley.gif

What Happened to Kemberly Ramer?

"Just across the Florida state line in Alabama, is a story that spans miles. It was the height of southern summer, August 16, 1997, when Kemberly Ramer, 17 at the time, vanished from her father's home in Opp, Alabama.

Nearly 20 years later, there is still no trace of Kemberly. In photos, Kemberly, or "Kem" as family and friends called her, exudes the feel of the quintessential All-American girl. She appears in her softball and cheerleading uniforms, a deep brunette with an innocent, smiling face...

For Kem's family, the years have been marked by moments of hope, followed by disappointment. "I don't know why anyone would want to hurt her," Sue Infinger told Dateline NBC. "I believe it was someone she knew."

Today, the case falls primarily under the jurisdiction of the FBI, but other departments surrounding Opp remain involved...

Kem's father passed away several years ago. Sue Infinger is now 63. Kemberly would be 36. Sue says she thinks of her daughter every day. :(

"If I could tell her something today, I would tell her I love her very much. And we wish that this has never happened," Sue told Dateline NBC. "We all love her, and we aren't giving up until she gets justice."..."

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/cold-case-spotlight/what-happened-kemberly-ramer-n512411

kemberly_ramer_cheer_photo_befb54c99146213e2c2df36a85cc11cc.nbcnews-ux-600-700.jpg

Link: http://media4.s-nbcnews.com/j/newsc...46213e2c2df36a85cc11cc.nbcnews-ux-600-700.jpg

WS thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?90550-AL-Kemberly-Ramer-17-Opp-15-Aug-1997
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kids May Soon Be Able To Build Their Own Prosthetics Out Of Legos (with clip)

"An idea to create Lego prosthetics for children is getting the chance to see the light of day.

Iko Creative Prosthetic System, a customizable prosthetic arm, won the 2016 Netexplo prize, which was announced Wednesday at the Paris Dauphine University. Previous Netexplo winners include Twitter and Slack.

Iko, a prosthetic arm, can be customized with Lego pieces of different colors and shapes, giving the children who wear them a chance for self-expression. Lego bricks are attached to a battery-powered prosthetic arm and a 3D-printed socket. The arm is designed for children between ages 3 and 12, and aims to reduce the stigma around having a prosthetic limb.

Carlos Arturo Torres, who started developing Iko while doing an internship at Lego’s experimental research department, Future Lab, is continuing to work on the project with design firm IDEO in Chicago, and hopes to launch the product in mid-2017..."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...fac1241bf0?68js8aor&ncid=newsltushpmg00000003
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Insane Fact About Store-Bought Eggs Is Going Viral
You definitely had NO IDEA how old your eggs are.

"...But did you know that the eggs you're picking up in the dairy aisle might be hiding a secret? For starters, they might not be as fresh as you think, despite the carton's "best by" label. Here's what you need to know in order to avoid some bad eggs.

A recent post on Facebook that has gone viral shows eggs at the grocery store that were more than 30 days old.

And it would seem this "Fresh Eggs Daily" page has a strong argument. After all, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requires that all egg products are labeled with the following: product name, manufacturer's name, official identification, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) approval number, ingredients statement, net weight statement, and nutrition information. . Yet there is no rule regarding expiration dates...

Here's how to accurately read all the codes on your carton of eggs to understand when they were packaged, how long they'll last, and what "Grade A" actually means:..."

http://www.womansday.com/health-fit...hing-you-never-knew-about-grocery-store-eggs/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The F.C.C. Gets Ready to Unlock the Cable Box

"Every year, American cable-TV subscribers spend $231 on average to rent cable boxes that they should be able to buy outright, potentially saving them hundreds of dollars over several years. Consumers could soon have that option under an excellent proposal by the chairman of the Federal Communications Commission.

Even as computers, wireless phones and other electronic devices have become cheaper, the cost of renting cable boxes has been increasing. That’s because cable companies have made it incredibly hard for customers to buy and use their own machines. Rental fees bring in nearly $20 billion in annual revenue for cable, satellite and telephone companies, according to an analysis by two Democratic senators, Edward Markey of Massachusetts and Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut...

The F.C.C. is expected to vote on Feb. 18 to start taking public comments on Mr. Wheeler’s proposal. A final rule could be adopted by the end of the year. The F.C.C. should move as quickly as possible. Americans have waited long enough for more and better choices than the cable box."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/08/o...emc=edit_ty_20160208&nl=opinion&nlid=73927810
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the Weirdest Thing About Your State, According to Google
North Dakota is going to have an existential crisis after this discovery.

"Everyone knows that when you have a burning question, your first stop on the quest for an answer is Google. Whether you don't know how much fish food to feed your fishies, or you're wondering how to get away with murder (not because you're actually a murderer, but because you just finished binging the show on Netflix and you're kind of curious), Google is always there for you when you need it.

But have you ever wondered what the entire country finds most curious about your state? Like, what they collectively wonder about your state and turn to Google to figure out? Well, Mentalfloss decided to get down to the bottom of this question and their discoveries are curious indeed.

Some highlights: Why does New Mexico hate Texas? Why does Oregon have full-service gas (because that's a super important question)? And why does Kansas have so many tornadoes (because tornadoes are no fun)?

Check it out..."

http://www.housebeautiful.com/lifestyle/fun-at-home/a5475/heres-what-you-google-most-by-state/

1455213890-syn-hbu-1455128872-site-sized-map.png

Florida- where "that person" lives :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members