SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great stories - I can relate. I hit the bonus round when I had a boyfriend who looked like John Lennon AND George Harrison (obviously I'm a tad older than you!). Hot stuff for sure!

(love your posts!)

Re: your screen name, when I was in high school, I went through a Lucy phase. I scoured consignment and second hand stores for those button down belted full skirt dresses. LOVED that look.

Now I wish I'd kept them because I'm back in that phase again but they're hard to find and cost the earth on eBay. :sad:

We could take turns bring our favorite foods for all to share! PARTY in the jury room! :rockon:

The excessively long breaks and the killers migraines would hardly be noticed...

I envision the bailiff coming to find us all: cocktailing, smoking, dancing, laughing.....

Happy Memorial Day, WSers!

One more day of domestics/semi-vaca before I go back into work mode. I might even cut the grass!

I've been watching the videos people have posted and appreciate them, though some of them are quite creepy.

Carry on!

Maybe you can all help me understand something-why on the sex tape dated May 10, 2008 does Travis say to Jodi "I am glad we started having sex" He did not say having sex he used another word I cant repeat.

Why on this date does he say that-it is almost like they recently to that date started having sex?????? It has always just not sat right with me and it is an off statement?? Any thoughts?

Also does Travis not seem drunk or something in that tape? He sounds so odd?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Lisa

Oh this is just like getting a Christmas present in May just thinking what JA has to contemplate!!! :blushing:

And I don't care who berates me for my absolutely gleeful anticipation of what will happen when she makes one of her Diva Demands.

:fireworks: :fireworks:

Re: your screen name, when I was in high school, I went through a Lucy phase. I scoured consignment and second hand stores for those button down belted full skirt dresses. LOVED that look.

Now I wish I'd kept them because I'm back in that phase again but they're hard to find and cost the earth on eBay. :sad:

Oh I know! My favorite Lucy outfit was the one she wore for "special" dinners with Fred & Ethel - black slacks under a long duster or whatever you call it. She was quite chic! Whereas my namesake was relegated to wearing frumpy house dresses with rick-rack on them...

:seeya: Morning Y'all !

I have 2 questions for the jurors :

1. Do the jurors know that JA LOWERED HER CHAIR ?

2. Do the jurors know that JA was wearing that HUGE STUN BELT ?

As to #1, it was all part of the "staging" ... someone else in Florida did the same thing and we know what happened there.

As to #2, that stun belt was very noticeable -- particularly the one she had around her waist.

:seeya:

oh juror 17 was asked about the stun belt cuz she said when the jury was in chambers, jury would sit closer to JA and she never saw the stun belt

Gosh, 1 pm and I have already had 2.5 screwdrivers, almost at my weekly limit of 3 cocktails. Glad there is no trial this week. I need to focus on work anyway.

WEBSLEUTH'S CONVENTION ..............................with a tour of Alcatraz?

Oh, yeah, that'd be a great idea. I mean, we obviously all get along so well here, so let's just go and put ourselves in some hotel for a weekend, drink too much... Before you know it, we'd be discussing some murder trial that sprang out of that little gathering. ;)

This is how I feel, too. So many are mad at this guy, and that's fine to feel that way, but whatever he "felt" about the evil murderer and/or the prosecutor he did not let affect him during the guilt phase or the aggravation phase.

So, while I don't agree with the things he has said, I kinda admire his ability to stay with the facts of the case, and not let his feelings sway his decision.

The death penalty phase, in my opinion, is probably much harder to decide when it is actually in front of you to do so.

I couldn't agree more. He obviously wasn't biased enough not to vote for murder one with extreme cruelty. As far as the death penalty, it is one thing to believe in the death penalty, it is quite another to give it. I believe in the death penalty, too, but if I ever had to vote on a jury I would go for life if I had doubts. You can't un-kill a person so I would want to be certain of my decision. Just because you feel you could vote for the death penalty doesn't mean you have to.

Agree completely. He stated himself that he didn't feel like he should have that "burden." WTF???? He knew going in this might come to the death penalty stage???? I don't understand him at all.

This is what I think happened: Yes, he could vote for the death penalty....but only for men, or fat women with hair on their face. He could neeever vote for death for a purty young thing like Ms. Jodi Ann. That's why he all of sudden felt like it was too much of a "burden." It would NOT have been a burden in any other case.

You betcha. If it had been a man, a fat, old or ugly woman he wouldn’t have any problem voting for the DP. After hearing his statements, there’s no question in my mind of his bias for CKJA. Even if he honestly believed that JA was verbally abused, when weighed against the aggravating factor, it would be deemed insignificant by any rational thinking person.

I think his comments are mind-boggling. In one interview he said he'll never forget the moment the guilty verdict was delivered. "I had vowed that I wasn't going to look at her but I did and seeing her face when that verdict was read, I will remember forever."

So the disappointment on JA face was more memorable than Travis, the Alexander family or the autopsy photos. Seems to me Mr. F that’s what you should remembered forever.

As for her not having a criminal record, so what!!! It has no relevancy and it’s not fair that it should have even been noted. After all, if she did have a criminal record, it would have been kept out of the trial as being prejudicial and irrelevant. IMO) whether she had a prior criminal record or not has no bearing.

As for her age, again so what!!! What difference does it make if she was 21, 27, or 87. It doesn’t change the savage premeditated slaughter she engage in.

This is all MOO.

Maybe you can all help me understand something-why on the sex tape dated May 10, 2008 does Travis say to Jodi "I am glad we started having sex" He did not say having sex he used another word I cant repeat.

Why on this date does he say that-it is almost like they recently to that date started having sex?????? It has always just not sat right with me and it is an off statement?? Any thoughts?

Also does Travis not seem drunk or something in that tape? He sounds so odd?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Lisa
I always thought he didn't sound normal, maybe drunk or something. But because he was mormon, I kept thinking he must just be tired. But it never sat well with me. She, on the other hand seemed perky as heck!
And, I thought he was reading from a script she had created for some of their phone sex fantasy.

I don't think anyone reported it to the judge. If we remember they brought all the members into the judges chambers one-by-one and asked them a question pertaining to JM having his picture taken. So we do not know how the question was phrased and the juror, herself may have told the judge she made a comment. We just do not know. It was at this time that she was dismissed. The jurors were not called in because she made a comment. It somehow may have come out while they were speaking with the jurors individually.

I was under the impression from Tara's tweets that someone did report #5 but it wasn't a juror.

Oh, yeah, that'd be a great idea. I mean, we obviously all get along so well here, so let's just go and put ourselves in some hotel for a weekend, drink too much... Before you know it, we'd be discussing some murder trial that sprang out of that little gathering. ;)

May I suggest that we travel to Cabot Cove. We would be guaranteed to have one of the townsfolk murdered during the week (it would be free, not a paid excursion). Just think of the sleuthing and partying we could do. Good times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth