SIDEBAR #8- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Majorly O/T - so I'm working on my summer vacation plans, I and personally like to stay at bed and breakfasts... especially at houses with character and quirky hosts, just my thing... anyway I was clicking through the room photos and found this...

Oh yeah this is definitely my kind of place... take a look to see if you can find the clue. :seeya:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Here's my version of Jodi as a mother

Big pregnancy announcement
Lots of showers (she is kinda greedy)
Blogs, pictures, Jodi's pregnancy would be the biggest thing to hit the west, Facebook would charge her for all the extra pics (how do you take those face selfies and get that belly in there too?)

Then.....

dramatic miscarriage, very dramatic, probably caused by intruders who attacked her.

because while Jodi would revel in the attention she got from pregnancy (in my version, it's fake) there's no way she'd allow a baby to steal attention from her. Never.

A pregnancy would be a commodity Jodi could play up. Same with the grief after losing the baby. But an actual baby? She'd throw it in a dumpster if , we know how much she values human (and pet) life.

That's what 'my' psychopath did, but it was no fake pregnancy. I have no doubt either that JA would have done the same.

photo.php

I know everybody is sick to death of the animal pictures, but I want to post my begging squirrel pic now, and in the morning, I want to post the ducks. If I have the pictures in my documents, or my pictues, I don't have a URL....so how do I do it? This one I'm having to post on FB to get the URL, but there must be another way!

Hi LambChop - wanted to say that I enjoy reading your posts, & at times I catch myself saying out loud "exactly!" with the many valid points you make.

Re: the attic issue mentioned above - I never could figure out what lie(s) she wanted everyone to believe about Travis' attic. Do you have time to summarize your opinion of what that was about? TIA

I believe when JA went into the attic is when she allegedly saw the gun.
I also heard she found it when cleaning for him.
IMO. She needed the attic story to explain how she saw the gun.
No gun. No pedophilia. No attic storage.
jmo

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Oh, and wanted to clarify:
I was disappointed at the results, but not because she didn't get DP.
I do feel she deserves DP but if she got LWOP I would be fine with it.
It was the lack of resolution for Travis' family that disappointed me.
Breaks my heart this isn't over for them.

I go back and forth on this issue. I wouldn't mind either punishment myself, but I know that the family wanted death. At least this way, they have another crack at it, but I hope that if she gets LWOP that they are still able to move on with their lives. I worry that they feel as if they NEED death for there to be justice for Travis. Either way, they come across as a strong family and I think they will get through this.

Since the family so strongly feels that they want the DP, it kind of helps in my own personal disappointment that the jury didn't reach a decision, since the alternative would have probably been life in prison. (Usually when people feel strongly against the death penalty, you aren't going to change their minds.) Since eight others felt as strongly that she should get death, this outcome at least gives them a second chance.

Sooooo... In a way, being disappointed in the outcome of no verdict kind of defaults to being disappointed that she didn't get the DP because if the sentence had been life, the family would have been upset then, too. I can say that I just feel badly that they don't have closure, and they will have to wait a few more months for a resolution, but they don't just want any resolution. They want her to get the DP. Does that make sense? I don't know. Sometimes I ramble. lol. Anyway, I think that's why people assume that, if you are disappointed in the outcome, you are disappointed that she didn't get death because LWOP would have been a disappointment to the family.

OK, seriously, did any of that make sense? I don't know. I'm hot and tired now. lol

I believe when JA went into the attic is when she allegedly saw the gun.
I also heard she found it when cleaning for him.
IMO. She needed the attic story to explain how she saw the gun.
No gun. No pedophilia. No attic storage.
jmo

Can you believe that this chick thinks she is capable of writing books? Talk about your plot holes.

Yes it was murder but they have a type of murder charge called 'sudden passion' which allows the Jury to just release her or give her a maximum of up to 20 years. This Jury gave her the maximum, 20 years. Manslaughter is murder, it's just different circumstances than murder one.

Jurors found that Harris acted with "sudden passion," which could have reduced the jurors' recommendation to probation. Instead, the jury said Harris should be fined and sentenced to prison at the upper limit of the sentencing guidelines for the special circumstance.

Crime of passion cases are usually second degree murder. It just means the crime wasn't premeditated but there was still malice and intent to kill.

I thought Harris was convicted of second degree murder.

Usually a manslaughter conviction isn't listed as a murder since there was no intent to kill or there was some type of provocation that caused the death.

Anyway, the Harris case is much much different than the Arias case which was totally premeditated.

IMO

From the interviews I've heard from the jurors I tend to agree that in the sentencing phase they approached dilberations as a personal, rather than a group, journey to come to an individual decision that would be put as a tick mark into the group decision. The jurors I've heard speak, and especially #6, have made it sound like they personally reflected came with their deicision and that's what instigated the first time they said the the judge they couldn't decide. Once further instructed they all shared why they came to their decisions, but from hearing the jurors who spoke there was no attempt to sway anyone's decision. MOO of course

Oh, thanks for that. Makes me wonder what kind of BS direction the foreperson gave to convince them that this is the way it is. I wonder what sway he held. It's very puzzling because the ones that have spoken sound eminently sensible and responsible.

As an aside, I can surely see myself bowing to 'authority' if I wasn't sure about the process.

I think a few jurors needed to find an excuse ANY excuse to rationalize why JA is the way she is and did what she did. They cannot figure out why she is so detached and ABUSE is the reason -to them.

I really wonder if they still think the same thing now that they have heard more about JA.

Yep, the abuse excuse. Thank you, pop psychology.

Hi LambChop - wanted to say that I enjoy reading your posts, & at times I catch myself saying out loud "exactly!" with the many valid points you make.

Re: the attic issue mentioned above - I never could figure out what lie(s) she wanted everyone to believe about Travis' attic. Do you have time to summarize your opinion of what that was about? TIA

IIRC, Flores responded to a juror question about the attic. Jodi testified that she had come over invited by (aka she just dropped in) Travis Jan 20 to help store Christmas decorations in the attic. Flores was asked by the juror if anything was found in the attic during the search and there was nothing stored in the attic. It further disproved the pedophile claim that while putting up the decorations, he gave her an angel, which she forgot. She claimed when she returned unannounced to get it she caught him with the pic of the little boy. Then when arguing the next day he broke her finger

Weighing in on the "abusive" dialogue. Of the 80,000 text, email, im, chats, etc, how many has everyone seen that is involved in this issue? I have seen very few probably less than most of you all that have followed this case closely and nothing in my view is there anything abusive by Travis. Why? Because I don't have a complete picture and never will have. So much is left out of the whole thing that we may never get to see or hear. How many times in all of the texts, etc did JA say bad things to TA? How many times did TA say good things to JA? How many times did JA say good things to TA? If I knew everything that was said in their private conversations, I might have a leg to stand on. But I only know a mere fraction. It's about context. If all I heard was TA's comments, I would wonder what caused him to say those things. Was it because he was beyond angry and fed up or was he being funny? It's all about context and we only heard/read just a minor portion of it all.

Regardless of whether he said those things in anger or jest, was it a pattern? I venture to say no. We all know that JA lied everytime she opens/ed her mouth so we aren't likely to ever learn all there is to learn about this relationship. But we know enough to know that TA was a young man with talent, compassion, and love and likely snapped and said those bad things. Doesn't make him or his words abusive in my view. I would really like to have had JA snap and use words instead of what she did.

Great points!

Which makes me wonder, if abuse was the issue for the life jurors, then why didn't the jurors bring in and pore over all the testimony relevant to it so they could discuss?

Surprised more questions were not asked to FJA by the juror(s) if the juror(s) felt that way.

No need to shell peanuts for the squirrels, they will do it. Quite cute to watch them do so. They will eat nearly anything you give them. We had one climb the porch swing, to get to the window, to cling to the screen like a cat can, to remind us it was time for some corn chips or some peanuts. Her name was Crazy squirrel, as she would do anything to taunt birds and cats. She also brought her babies along to learn the free food for being cute trick. (P.S. If it eats, it poops.)

Hadn't thought about the car being a reason for the argument. I'm sure there were plenty of the other crazy things as reasons too (like fake emails from men or to his new girlfriends, slashing everyone's tires, etc...), but not paying for a car could put TA behind on paying for any new to him car. Hmmm...

Okay, I'm sucked in for a moment. The squirrels I knew chewed through metal to get to the seeds. They also chewed through my roof and got into the walls (and wiring) of my house. Not cool.

They are, IMO, vermin (vermin with a cute bushy tail). Right up there with seagulls (vermin with feathers).

At this moment I'm so thankful that the jury got it right in the death verdict for the piece of slime that bought, raped and murdered Shaniya Davis. I will forever remember the photo of the murdering rapist holding this tiny little girl at the elevator at the hotel where he raped her. Jury took 39 minutes to come back with a death sentence.

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2013/05/29/1260002?sac=fo.local

I go back and forth on this issue. I wouldn't mind either punishment myself, but I know that the family wanted death. At least this way, they have another crack at it, but I hope that if she gets LWOP that they are still able to move on with their lives. I worry that they feel as if they NEED death for there to be justice for Travis. Either way, they come across as a strong family and I think they will get through this.

Since the family so strongly feels that they want the DP, it kind of helps in my own personal disappointment that the jury didn't reach a decision, since the alternative would have probably been life in prison. (Usually when people feel strongly against the death penalty, you aren't going to change their minds.) Since eight others felt as strongly that she should get death, this outcome at least gives them a second chance.

Sooooo... In a way, being disappointed in the outcome of no verdict kind of defaults to being disappointed that she didn't get the DP because if the sentence had been life, the family would have been upset then, too. I can say that I just feel badly that they don't have closure, and they will have to wait a few more months for a resolution, but they don't just want any resolution. They want her to get the DP. Does that make sense? I don't know. Sometimes I ramble. lol. Anyway, I think that's why people assume that, if you are disappointed in the outcome, you are disappointed that she didn't get death because LWOP would have been a disappointment to the family.

OK, seriously, did any of that make sense? I don't know. I'm hot and tired now. lol

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
You circled the drain a few times, but yes, I get what you mean. :floorlaugh:
I understand.
My feelings are based on his family too.
I feel horrible for the torture and pain Travis went through.
I feel horrible JA has absolutely no remorse.
It's horrible that she was allowed to drag his name through the mud with ZERO proof of many of the things she said.
It is horrible the family's life has been so upturned to try to get justice for their loved ones.
I pray for them a lot. I'm glad they have each other.
She not only took Travis from them. She has forced AWFUL images into the forefront of their minds each time they think of their brother.
I pray when this ends they will be able to shove JA out of their lives and minds and focus on the wonderful memories of Travis.

Here's a great immature way to release some of your tension, for anybody who needs it... there's an iPhone app called Action Movie FX. You can film a video clip and add in effects such as missiles, crashing cars, etc.
The other night I took a clip of Jodi's allocution and added in drones to take her down at the end, and I have to admit, it was pretty entertaining. :floorlaugh:

Gentle reminders:

1. WS doesn't allow petition drives, call campaigns, etc. without the express permission of the owners. Feel free to share information but please don't encourage others to participate, or post about your own participation in such activities.

2. Be kind to one another. If it feels like someone's :poke: you, ignore it. Move on. Don't respond. And remember that there are hundreds of missing persons and cold cases on WS, and those victims and their families need smart, passionate people working for them too. Wherever you are, there's probably a case in your area that could use the energy and dedication that this trial has awakened in you.

:tyou:

Majorly O/T - so I'm working on my summer vacation plans, I and personally like to stay at bed and breakfasts... especially at houses with character and quirky hosts, just my thing... anyway I was clicking through the room photos and found this...

Oh yeah this is definitely my kind of place... take a look to see if you can find the clue. :seeya:
Lol JA is on the tv.:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I would love to see the phone records for the day of the email/text that Travis sent to Jodi that was "abusive". I would venture a guess that Jodi called him several times in between those "abusive" moments and said things to him that we will never know about. The thing with Jodi, and ones like her, is that she is crafty and sneaky. She would NOT leave evidence of her words that led to Travis having had enough. But she would make sure that there was evidence of Travis' words to her. I would also venture a guess and say that Travis attempted to call her to tell her those things and she refused to answer the phone so that he would send her a written account of his "hateful, abusive" words to her.

I firmly 100% believe that Jodi most definitely instigated a response from Travis that she would later try to use against him.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member