SIDEBAR #9- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am of Mexican decent, and I don't find the word "Mexican" at all offensive! A person from Mexico is indeed Mexican. I don't see how that can possibly be outdated or biased. I find it insulting when people say I am Spanish. No, I am not. I am Mexican. When I was spent some time on the East Coast, people wanted to label me as Cuban or Puerto Rican. I am not that either. I am Mexican.

If anybody wants to label me, though, I prefer to be labeled as American, as that is what I am. I was born in America.

Very well spoken. :)

If the state added the stipulation they would agree to LWOP only if Jodi makes a full confession, it could take years & years in do overs.

I was just going to post the same thing Dr.

And it has to be the TRUTH

If she is caught in any lies

The deal is off!!

if i understood the article right they are talking about making a deal w/ JA for the penalty part so it doesn't have to go back to the judge so she can decide,???

Correct. AZL said it goes back to the Judge if the State decides not to re-try. In that case she said Jodi can't make them re-try it. They can always do a deal and take it from the Judge, though.

Actually with a third of the jury buying the abuse crap I am surprised they all agreed on premeditated murder which is a victory. I dont think the defense was truly expecting M1 and wasnt that prepared for the penalty phase. I expect them to find someone to call during this phase to give statements on JA behalf. I also suspect they will call ALV back to the stand since she must have had an impact on a third of these jurors. :puke: Regardless, the state doesnt have anything to lose (except a ton of money) by retrying this phase. If this jury fails too then the judge decides I think and hopefully that would be LWOP so if they can afford it I guess its worth taking the chance to get DP.
I doubt this because something big happened with her in chambers and Juan was allowed to call her a liar in front of the jury. Possible perjury charges??? She left quietly with her tail between her legs.

I think we are going to see a deal

LWOP & No appeal

She does not want to go to DR

8 people....

Then let's "GET 'ER DONE"! Why drag this out? Unless the state wants to give Travis' family time to get used to the idea of LWOP in place of the POSSIBILTY of a new jury coming to a verdict of the DP.

There would be NO negotiating with the defense team unless they throw in the NO APPEALS thingy.:twocents:

To me Mexican is like saying oriental. Outdated and biased.

Unless the person is not from Mexico (i.e. Honduras, Guatemala, etc.) Mexican is the correct descriptor. If you're unsure Latino (male or unknown gender) or Latina (female) are better descriptors. Some people like to be referred to as Chicano or Chicana, but unless they say so it's best to stick with Latino/a. The real outdated term, imho, is hispanic.

OT (AGAIN - and then I promise I'll stop!!).

Just heard from my sister who talked to my mom's boyfriend (who is there with my mom). She's okay, just sleeping off those heavy-duty drugs.

Thanks again, everyone!!!! You all helped keep me from worrying too much!

As long as we don't have to see pictures of it, I'm good.

Am thinking we already did.

Doc was outta these:
s26.jpg

So he used Sandy's wooden spoon:

wooden%20spoon.preview.jpg

And I have a 12-year-old. I had my first and only child at age 40!!!

Had my last son @ 41. He's 23 now. Love him to pieces. He told me that I had him to take care of me when I'm old (and he does take care of me, bless his heart). He's leaving for NYC to get his masters in psychology soon. I will miss him so much. :anguish:

To me Mexican is like saying oriental. Outdated and biased.

How could it be outdated. There really is a country called Mexico and citizens are called Mexicans. There is no country called the orient, so there are no orientals. Apples and oranges, imo.

My friends from Mexico prefer to be called Mexican, as opposed to Hispanic.

I can't imagine she went alone but I didn't think to ask. I'm 99% sure her boyfriend would have taken her but I don't have his cell phone number. My sister does but now SHE isn't answering her phone! :banghead:

If you know where she is, call the medical facility. Your mom may have put you on a list of people that information can be released to. Sometime some places will at least say if the person is a patient or has been released. Just call and ask for her room number...no answer, call back and ask for the nurses station and ask questions then.

Sometimes, there is another person who needs a procedure done before your mom, someone's procedure takes longer, all kinds of things happen which mean your mom is in the "holding pattern" and her procedure can start late.

Your sister may not be answering cuz she went with your mom and in certain areas of the hospital, the cellphone has to be turns off.

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your mom.

That's the problem - I have no clue who her primary doctor is or where she even goes!!!! I feel like a horrible daughter right now...

I'm sooo sorry that I'm taking this thread so OT, peeps!! We can get back on track now!!! I'll be okay. :blushing:

Do let us know when you hear from her to relieve us worry warts! Thx :seeya:

This won't help you this go round but for the future: I've started a list of contacts for my mother which includes: close friends, doctors, insurance providers, financial agent, accountant, plumber, electrician, etc. It has proved to be very helpful!

ETA: Just saw your post that contact was made! Glad to hear!

Yep, I think he did but I don't know who else. The "older" woman (Sharon??) who has been on a few shows wanted death, she is the one who whispered "I'm sorry" to Travis's family. I love her!

bbm

Good grief - if Sharon is indeed "older" then I must be ancient. Nobody sent me the memo.

OT (AGAIN - and then I promise I'll stop!!).

Just heard from my sister who talked to my mom's boyfriend (who is there with my mom). She's okay, just sleeping off those heavy-duty drugs.

Thanks again, everyone!!!! You all helped keep me from worrying too much!

Glad to hear she is fine and resting, Hopeful One! I know you were worried, and I'm glad you mind is at ease now! Your a great daughter - don't even let yourself think otherwise! You were worried sick over her! If you weren't such a great daughter - you wouldn't have worried at all! :seeya:

The Arizona Supreme Court voted that the death penalty has to be kept on the table in the Jodi Arias case. So LWOP cannot be put on the table yet. Another jury has to be selected for the penalty phase and see what they come up with.

Kudos to the Arizona Supreme Court. They must think that her crime is serious enough for the DP.

BBM--Respectfully, I believe you are wrong on that. The Arizona Supreme Court declined to hear the appeal. They did not vote that the death penalty has to be kept on the table. Maricopa county can make a deal with the defense and take the DP off the table at anytime. IMO

ok i need some o/t advice - i just don't know what to do - i guess in must be nesting season cuz when i try to go in my back yard i am being attacked by black birds - the dive bomb my head, hit me withe their wings and try to peck the top of my head, i am assuming they are protecting a nest, even though i told them i would never touch it :wink: and now yesterday coming out of my front door - i was attacked by blue jays the exact same way :( i could never ever harm their nests, but i am starting to feel like suzanne pleshette walking thru the school playground in the bird!! i tried an umbrella, but that scarse my pups when i take them to pee

any suggestions b4 i end up PBSD (post bird stress disorder)

Birds128.jpg

help me :)

Oh Lawdy Bees! Thank God in Heaven!

You'd think that criminals would think about these things BEFORE they commit a murder, but obviously NOT! They think they'll never get caught - and then WHAM!

Jodi has no remorse what-so-ever for what she did to Travis, but I wonder if she sits in that nasty jail and ever thinks to herself "What I did was so not worth it!"

NAY, I don't think JA thinks SHE did anything- she blames Travis (and everyone else) for her woes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member