SIDEBAR #9- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning everyone!!! Now that I have my big project done at work - no trial!!!!

HopefulOne - congrats on the weight loss but sorry it was lost due to depression.

I think of JA in the cell 23 hours a day and then I kind of feel sorry for her until I
come back to reality and realize that she did this to herself and destroyed so many lives in the process.

Has anyone ever seen the movie 'Last Dance' with Sharon Stone? I remember watching that movie and kind of feeling sorry for Sharon Stone's character. I had to constantly remind myself that the character was on Death Row for murder.

Afternoon everyone. :seeya:
I'm watching "Play Misty For Me", with Clint Eastwood, on Encore. The nut in this movie acts just as that thing in the AZ jail :jail:. Eastwood tried desperately to get away from the nut, but she wouldn't let him go. I haven't seen this movie in years (Clint looks fine, with his full hair and flat stomach-:floorlaugh:).
I'm lost without a trial. Is it July yet?

Mia Garcia ‏@miagarciafox10 16m Cnty Atty Bill Montgomery says he is planning on retrying Jodi Arias penalty phase but will consider offers from defense #fox10

https://twitter.com/miagarciafox10

So, the issue is not settled? Thanks for this, for some reason I thought they had already decided to re-try.

Just curious does anyone really believe this inmate will take LWOP? This being said with my limited knowledge of the law that this would be the only alternative to DP in this case.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/04/sheriff-joe-arpaio-inmates-meals_n_2806388.html

There's no such thing as a free lunch and for inmates in jails around Phoenix, there won't be free breakfasts or dinner either.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio, the controversial Arizona lawman, announced that beginning this month Maricopa County inmates would be charged $1 for their meals, according to ABC15.

It's more expensive to feed inmates,

SNIPPED

Anything that makes existing more difficult for ja is GREAT with me!!

I.LIKE.SHERIFF.JOE. He amazes me, the things he can think of to make jail "Jail". Love the pink socks :floorlaugh:

I sure miss Beth and the others they kept us updated on JA during the trail
but I know they have other things to do and jobs hope to hear from them in July
I really enjoyed reading their post and keeping us updated they are special people with caring hearts.

Egg-zactly. You choose to break the law, suffer the consequences. Period.

Not everyone in jail has committed a crime. You can find plenty of stories of people who didn't break any laws but spent quite some time in jail.

I know "most" are criminals but to use that broad brush stroke and say they ALL are invites bad karma, IMO. In other words, that could be you someday.

How about that mormon mother of 7 sitting in a mexican jail because pot was found strapped under her bus seat, (coming home from a funeral in mexico) and the cops stopped the bus and "found" the pot and she was arrested and is in jail despite video showing her boarding the bus with no such package. Despite mexican cops saying a passenger couldn't have secured the package the way it was without some obvious effort.

Think that doesn't happen here. You're wrong.

Watch "Murder on a Sunday Morning," an academy award winning documentary. You may be surprised that not everyone languishing in jail is guilty.

My personal feeling is that you don't set up the jail around the few who might be innocent but anyone found NG or eventually released because of jacked up evidence or cops (Debra Milke) should be compensated. In a big way. But my other personal feeling is you don't assume those who haven't been tried are necessarily guilty, imagine being that person.

If he charges for meals, I wonder if he will have to insure quality beyond what is now required.

Yea. A dollar's worth of quality (this is not the Ritz, after all :floorlaugh:).

So, the issue is not settled? Thanks for this, for some reason I thought they had already decided to re-try.

Just curious does anyone really believe this inmate will take LWOP? This being said with my limited knowledge of the law that this would be the only alternative to DP in this case.

My fear is that the inmate would jump at LWOP but the desire for attention and to cause the family pain would far override that. She's addicted to being on TV.

Really, what does she have to lose by giving it another shot? She'll re-do the allocution to hit all the points she was blasted for (in this kind of re-trial I think she should be forced to read her original allocution, how could someone's "feelings" change after 5 years, the changes would be self-serving carp) she'll revel inthe family's pain....i think that woman would pick the risk of a DP just for TV time.

Plus, she doesn't really think anyone would ever kill someone so special as her, she'll get out of it, someone will believe her lies........arrrgh

Assuming that Jodi is still in 23-hour isolation, I'm surprised that she hasn't filed a complaint about her inmate rights being violated since she hasn't been sentenced yet. Since the change in her cell status occurred after her stay in the psych ward, I suspect that reports on her mental health warranted isolation and constant monitoring for her own safety and that of other inmates. Do you think that Jodi's status will change or will she remain in isolation until the retrial?

:floorlaugh: :lol: Let's not forget that Jodi is ambidextrous, so her right hand can talk to her left hand, and vice versa.

Artist that she is, Jodi can create a puppet from her pillow and blanket and master the fine art of ventriloquism during her incarceration. Jodi can pretend that the puppet that she manipulates any way she wants is one of her attorneys or the prosecutor questioning her on the witness stand. By the time of the retrial, Jodi will be well-rehearsed for her role. :D

OMG- that's too, too funny :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

(how do you guys think of these things????)

Assuming that Jodi is still in 23-hour isolation, I'm surprised that she hasn't filed a complaint about her inmate rights being violated since she hasn't been sentenced yet. Since the change in her cell status occurred after her stay in the psych ward, I suspect that reports on her mental health warranted isolation and constant monitoring for her own safety and that of other inmates. Do you think that Jodi's status will change or will she remain in isolation until the retrial?

Isolation. Sheriff Joe was just waiting for that conviction...

As closely scrutinized as Sheriff Joe is, I rather doubt "he" receives anything. If payment is made and the money put into the care of the jail and it's inhabitants - bloody good for him. JMO but every jail should be figuring out how to make their own money to pay for the cost of housing criminals, rather than the taxpayers.

Thanks! Some prisons do have programs that greatly benefit the community where they are located. I believe one of ours has a rehabilitation program that teaches the inmates to make cabinets and furniture, larger independent companies here will use them to make some custom items, which helps their costs.

But with every wish comes the double edged sword. Perryville has a printing shop, and I'm sure they can beat the costs off of any independent printing company...

Don't get me wrong, I believe taxpayers need some relief. But the collective we needs to decide on how to impact the local economies... I would love to see a movement to bring back jobs to the US, we definitely have the labor...

To all WS-ers trying to figure out how the lying torture-murderess will add value by teaching Spanish and making t-shirts...

Seriously?

Jodi Ann Arias only ever cared about Jodi Ann Arias.

That pap was only for the jury's consumption -- nothing else.

I wouldn't dignify it with serious consideration or discussion.

But that's just mean ol' me bein' mean ol' me.

BBM Are you talking about a "smear"? :floorlaugh:

Wonder if that thing in AZ :jail: gets them??? Check-ups? Anyone know? That's the only "sex" she'll ever get :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

BBM Are you talking about a "smear"? :floorlaugh:

Wonder if that thing in AZ :jail: gets them??? Check-ups? Anyone know? That's the only "sex" she'll ever get :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

As long as we don't have to see pictures of it, I'm good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cryptocloud155