SIDEBAR #9- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM: Nope ... I don't think she will take the LWOP ...

I think she is going to take her chances with another jury for a second go-round at the Penalty Phase ... and don't forget, she just luvs the attention :puke:

She convinced 4 people not to give her the DP and no doubt, that has "gone to her head" ... and she probably believes she can do it again ... And Good Lord, I hope NOT !

So if the next panel is NOT unanimous, then the judge will give her the Sentence ...

JMO and MOO ... but I do NOT see this judge giving her LWOP ... I just think she will take her chances ...

:moo:

Really? She's been convicted of 1s degree premeditated murder with exceptional cruelty, she's never shown an iota of remorse, she was caught ready to kill again when she was arrested...

I can see mitigating factors that deal with death vs life (don't necessarily agree with them, but some did)

but I can't think of a single mitigating factor that would put this thing on the road to parole.

I look forward to JS's sentencing because often the judge makes some comments about how awful the defendant is.....(of course sometimes it's the other way, especially where I live), I'd forgive JSS for her loose trial standards and what appeared to be favoritism to the defense if she let loose on Jodi before sentencing her.

I don't get why he's so controversial? What's wrong with being tough on inmates??

Hi Hopeful One,

Before I moved to Scottsdale, AZ , I had thought Joe Arpaio was "for real". No nonsense,tough as nails, and ran a really tight ship. After being there 10 years I have learned he is all those things.....for the price of puplicity. He just loves the spotlight, and will insinuate himself into anything that will garner him attention.

I lost a great deal of respect for his office when I would see countless numbers of Mexican drivers with every possession they had thrown on top of their cars to be harassed by his Sheriffs office. His office is a "gun for hire" and if you do not play by HIS rules he will just pull out all officers from some of the poorest and worst areas for crime.

He is a bully and will do and say any thing to keep himself and Maricopa county in the limelight. I am for law enforcement 100%, and am greatful for the protection LE provides it's citizens. Sheriff Joe is a cartoon character--I mean putting pink underwear on male prisoners serves no purpose other than publicity for him. Do you think those hardened criminals care if their underwear is pink? they will slit your throat just as easily as if they were commando.

Jodie Aries interview was for the publicity it gave his dept--nothing more.

BBM: Whoa ... "but will consider offers from defense" ...

JMO but the only offer the defense will make is an offer that will include parole -- and NO WAY will the State settle for that ...

I feel so bad for the Alexander Family having to endure this nightmare ...

:please: for Justice for Travis and his Family !

BBM: Should say ""but will consider offers from defense and reject them all in the pursuit of true justice for Travis Alexander" ...

Jodi Arias Denied Case Review By Arizona Supreme Court

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...se-re_n_3355882.html?1369870999&ncid=webmail5

PHOENIX -- The Arizona Supreme Court on Wednesday declined to hear an appeal on whether a judge improperly allowed prosecutors to seek a death sentence for Jodi Arias in the 2008 stabbing and shooting of her former boyfriend.

Arias' lawyers say Stephens wrongly allowed a potential death sentence to be based on trial testimony that contradicted a police detective's testimony during a 2009 hearing about how Travis Alexander was killed.

BBM: Nope ... I don't think she will take the LWOP ...

I think she is going to take her chances with another jury for a second go-round at the Penalty Phase ... and don't forget, she just luvs the attention :puke:

She convinced 4 people not to give her the DP and no doubt, that has "gone to her head" ... and she probably believes she can do it again ... And Good Lord, I hope NOT !

So if the next panel is NOT unanimous, then the judge will give her the Sentence ...

JMO and MOO ... but I do NOT see this judge giving her LWOP ... I just think she will take her chances ...

:moo:

Jodi should be more concerned about the 8 jurors who didn't buy her bull@#$% and wanted her sentenced to death. I'm consoled by the fact that 2/3 of the panel voted for Death. No doubt that Jodi has to be livid about this and is probably trying to find ways to wreak havoc on their lives. If I were among the jurors who voted for death, I'd be watching my back. :moo:

I.LIKE.SHERIFF.JOE. He amazes me, the things he can think of to make jail "Jail". Love the pink socks :floorlaugh:

Me too......I think he has a wicked sense of humor as well!!

I think it means that he can withdraw the death penalty and allow the judge to sentence Arias to LWP or LWOP

I think it will be if Jodi will agree to LWOP. She knows that 8 of the last 12 was for death, that may cause her to think about it.
It would make me happy, because this needs to be over, and the expense of this trial. I can only hope that Travis' family could be satisfied with it.
Maybe they could throw in a 'no appeal' clause.

To me Mexican is like saying oriental. Outdated and biased.

Well, the Mexicans I know are proud of their heritage and would most likely be offended to be called "Spanish." They may speak spanish, but I speak english and am not from England. I don't see any bias in using where someone is from or their ethnicity as part of a description.

And oriental is the preferred term to describe objects (art mostly), but not people. Unless you're in Singapore, that's their word of choice to describe their heritage.

I'd never deliberately use language that I know offends anyone but if possible I like that to be defined by the possible offendee, not me.

It might have been Chris Rock in his early years doing a routine about the term African Americans. "Nobody asked me. Was there a vote? I was okay with "black" why do I have to be African American now. I've never even been to effing Africa. And how many parts are there to Africa? I doubt Morrocans identify a lot with Somalians......" it was darn funny

Jodi Arias Denied Case Review By Arizona Supreme Court

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...se-re_n_3355882.html?1369870999&ncid=webmail5

PHOENIX -- The Arizona Supreme Court on Wednesday declined to hear an appeal on whether a judge improperly allowed prosecutors to seek a death sentence for Jodi Arias in the 2008 stabbing and shooting of her former boyfriend.

Arias' lawyers say Stephens wrongly allowed a potential death sentence to be based on trial testimony that contradicted a police detective's testimony during a 2009 hearing about how Travis Alexander was killed

They can't quit, can they? No one at the time for sure knew how Travis was killed, except Jodi.

It was based on speculation, then clarified by Dr. Horn.

LWOP and DP are are self explanatory.

If Jodi gets a life sentence, eventually she will be ELIGIBLE for parole. Is there a max on the sentence where Jodi would be released regardless of any prison record?

The Arizona Supreme Court voted that the death penalty has to be kept on the table in the Jodi Arias case. So LWOP cannot be put on the table yet. Another jury has to be selected for the penalty phase and see what they come up with.

Kudos to the Arizona Supreme Court. They must think that her crime is serious enough for the DP.

My (perhaps wrong) impression of that ruling was that it was the defense that asked it to be taken off the table because of something in the cruelty phase and the SC said "no way"

I don't believe the prosecutor is bound by that and he can take the DP off the table at any time.

well, the mexicans i know are proud of their heritage and would most likely be offended to be called "spanish." they may speak spanish, but i speak english and am not from england. I don't see any bias in using where someone is from or their ethnicity as part of a description.

And oriental is the preferred term to describe objects (art mostly), but not people. Unless you're in singapore, that's their word of choice to describe their heritage.

I'd never deliberately use language that i know offends anyone but if possible i like that to be defined by the possible offendee, not me.

It might have been chris rock in his early years doing a routine about the term african americans. "nobody asked me. Was there a vote? I was okay with "black" why do i have to be african american now. I've never even been to effing africa. And how many parts are there to africa? I doubt morrocans identify a lot with somalians......" it was darn funny

good post !!

Cornecia Crew ‏@Mzhollywoodvill 21m #jodiarias The Warden at the prison where she will b going said her mitigating factors r unreasonable. She will have no contact with anyone.

If that's true, that's great news!

I am dazed and confused. Who is Bill Montgomery?? WIll he be the new Nurmi or Juan or am I totally out if left field.

Also, if the inmates are charge for their food, I wonder if they will receive rate increases on their work assignments.

Morning, dudes!!

That food looks delish!! However, I shall refrain today. Stepped on the scale today for the first time in quite awhile and I'm down FIFTEEN POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I get a :woot: :woot:?

:seeya:

That is great! Congratulations, Hopeful One. :congrats: I hope you'll share your secret. :please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela