SIDEBAR #9- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea. A dollar's worth of quality (this is not the Ritz, after all :floorlaugh:).

What?? You mean it's not?? It's not supposed to be all nice and cushy and whatnot?? Are you telling me that people in jail are to be PUNISHED?

Not everyone in jail has committed a crime. You can find plenty of stories of people who didn't break any laws but spent quite some time in jail.

I know "most" are criminals but to use that broad brush stroke and say they ALL are invites bad karma, IMO. In other words, that could be you someday.

How about that mormon mother of 7 sitting in a mexican jail because pot was found strapped under her bus seat, (coming home from a funeral in mexico) and the cops stopped the bus and "found" the pot and she was arrested and is in jail despite video showing her boarding the bus with no such package. Despite mexican cops saying a passenger couldn't have secured the package the way it was without some obvious effort.

Think that doesn't happen here. You're wrong.

Watch "Murder on a Sunday Morning," an academy award winning documentary. You may be surprised that not everyone languishing in jail is guilty.

My personal feeling is that you don't set up the jail around the few who might be innocent but anyone found NG or eventually released because of jacked up evidence or cops (Debra Milke) should be compensated. In a big way. But my other personal feeling is you don't assume those who haven't been tried are necessarily guilty, imagine being that person.

BBM

I would agree with that.

What does that mean, he's planning on it? Isn't it required?

I think it means that he can withdraw the death penalty and allow the judge to sentence Arias to LWP or LWOP

I sure miss Beth and the others they kept us updated on JA during the trail
but I know they have other things to do and jobs hope to hear from them in July
I really enjoyed reading their post and keeping us updated they are special people with caring hearts.

There's something I don't understand. They let Beth go, but not Jean C.???
Jean is still on HLN. What gives???

Mia Garcia ‏@miagarciafox10 16m Cnty Atty Bill Montgomery says he is planning on retrying Jodi Arias penalty phase but will consider offers from defense #fox10

https://twitter.com/miagarciafox10

BBM: Whoa ... "but will consider offers from defense" ...

JMO but the only offer the defense will make is an offer that will include parole -- and NO WAY will the State settle for that ...

I feel so bad for the Alexander Family having to endure this nightmare ...

:please: for Justice for Travis and his Family !

The convict learning to speak Spanish is purely motivated by the need for another survival tool in AZ prison system. The other inmates know she is half Hispanic and she is a sitting duck for violence and gang hate against her from other Hispanics that will see her as Caucasian if she doesn't speak Spanish. She is smart enough to know that she HAS to learn the language to lessen the hate from other Hispanics. She will then have the ability to chameleon between the whites and the mexicans a little bit easier if she appears more 'legit' with the Hispanics, if she ever ends up in GP as a lifer. So this offer to teach others Spanish really is not a true mitigating factor.. it is entirely a self-serving motive disguised as a selfless act of generosity. She is such a giver. Haha.

I'm confused?

What's this about her 'learning Spanish'. I thought she already spoke really good Spanish?

Interview transcript from Dr. Drew with a woman who worked with Jodi at Rancho Mirage in Palm Desert in 2006:

VERONICA: She spoke fluent Spanish. She was really good. And I said, Jodi, wow, you speak Spanish. You know, are you part Spanish or South American, whatever? She said, "No, I`m half Mexican."

And that`s where the hair color came in. Because I was like, Jodi, why are you bleaching the hair? I mean, it was so -- it was horrible. And she said because -- she goes, she didn`t want to look ethnic.

PINSKY: Interesting.

VERONICA: That was her response. She was half Mexican, she didn`t want to look it.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1301/16/ddhln.01.html

The "explosive sex" ... really HLN?

Is this Fifty Shades of Grey all over again?

That means inmates demand Nutella not GV peanutbutter, and Twinkies not honeybuns.

No Twinkies, yet. Maybe in the Fall. Someone bought the company and they will beback. I personally like the cup-cakes with the squiggle on top. :floorlaugh:

So she is,Spanish and even denies her heritage?? Wow

So, the issue is not settled? Thanks for this, for some reason I thought they had already decided to re-try.

Just curious does anyone really believe this inmate will take LWOP? This being said with my limited knowledge of the law that this would be the only alternative to DP in this case.

BBM: Nope ... I don't think she will take the LWOP ...

I think she is going to take her chances with another jury for a second go-round at the Penalty Phase ... and don't forget, she just luvs the attention :puke:

She convinced 4 people not to give her the DP and no doubt, that has "gone to her head" ... and she probably believes she can do it again ... And Good Lord, I hope NOT !

So if the next panel is NOT unanimous, then the judge will give her the Sentence ...

JMO and MOO ... but I do NOT see this judge giving her LWOP ... I just think she will take her chances ...

:moo:

Agreed. I suspect the sign language also has a fair amount of benefit as well, if one assumes the guards do not know how to sign. Coniving little weasel activites are what she knows best, no surprise.

One of my undergrad internships was at a woman's prison. The women were forbidden from using sign language for this very reason.

No Twinkies, yet. Maybe in the Fall. Someone bought the company and they will beback. I personally like the cup-cakes with the squiggle on top. :floorlaugh:

Hostess_Orange_Cup_Cakes.jpg

drooling-homer-simpson_reasonably_small.jpg

I would like to know why the states didn't object to her lies about wot she could or would do n prison.

The Arizona Supreme Court voted that the death penalty has to be kept on the table in the Jodi Arias case. So LWOP cannot be put on the table yet. Another jury has to be selected for the penalty phase and see what they come up with.

Kudos to the Arizona Supreme Court. They must think that her crime is serious enough for the DP.

I think male are female if they are committed a BAD Crime they should be done like years ago wear a ball and chain and pick up trash off the side of the road and wear a orange suit
I don't see anything wrong with making them work hard to keep our road sides clean
Our prisons here have more rights than they should have and they think they should hey if someone does a bad crime then they should pay for it not get on easy street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela