Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP!!

Okay, this is WAY OT and it's going to sound so strange but I'm asking here because there are more people viewing than in the Jury Room.

Has anyone had a colonoscopy and/or familiar with the procedure? My mom went in for a routine one this morning at 10:30 a.m. She text me and said she was about to go in and she would be 'out' for a couple hours, that she would text or call me as soon as she was done.

It's now 2:30 here and she isn't answering her phone. Is that normal or should she be up and able to call/answer by now? I don't even know what doctor's office or hospital she's at!!

I'm worried, so any help is appreciated.

between dr delays and letting the anesthesia wear off, it can easily take this long, i wouldn't worry - your mom have to fill out forms w/ emergency numbers on them, if there was a problem, they prolly would have called you

Two later tweets,

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 31m
County Atty Bill Montgomery also adds prosecution is considering a plea deal with #jodiarias defense team. Both options are on the table.

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 21m
Maricopa County Atty Bill Montgomery believes he can find an impartial jury to re-try #jodiarias DP phase -- if that's their choice.

I think we are going to see a deal

LWOP & No appeal

She does not want to go to DR

8 people....

Absolutely agree with that!! My grandma is 91 and I think she's young!

My Grandma turned 100 in February. She's still completely with it. She was born in Italy and came to Canada as a child. Even though our climate is cold (where we live) she grew most of her own vegetables...that with the olive oil and a little wine is why I think she's doing so great. She lived on her own until 2 years ago.

I can't imagine she went alone but I didn't think to ask. I'm 99% sure her boyfriend would have taken her but I don't have his cell phone number. My sister does but now SHE isn't answering her phone! :banghead:

I am sure she is fine......so many things can happen at a hospital to make you hurry up and wait. Be sure to get her boyfriend's phone number:seeya:

If the state added the stipulation they would agree to LWOP only if Jodi makes a full confession, it could take years & years in do overs.

That's the problem - I have no clue who her primary doctor is or where she even goes!!!! I feel like a horrible daughter right now...

I'm sooo sorry that I'm taking this thread so OT, peeps!! We can get back on track now!!! I'll be okay. :blushing:

This is not O/T. This is the sidebar and anything goes.
Most hospitals don't allow cellphone use because they interfer with pacemakers and such. People have to go outside to make calls.
Please don't worry.
You're a good daughter.

To me Mexican is like saying oriental. Outdated and biased.
Come to California, people here use "Mexican" to describe those of Hispanic/Latina origin because that's where 99% of them come from. They cross the Mexican border to get to the US. California used to be owned by Mexico. It's not an outdated or biased term at all.

Hi Polly. :seeya: IF the state drops the DP Jodi & Company have NO SAY in the matter. It's up to the judge. It's not a plea agreement. (I verified this with AZ Lawyer on the legal thread.)

if i understood the article right they are talking about making a deal w/ JA for the penalty part so it doesn't have to go back to the judge so she can decide,???

YA...it's time!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jLGa4X5H2c&list=FLTpRqy4cQF0YhTTFlaTy0BQ"]Boogie wonderland - Earth Wind and Fire - YouTube[/ame]

Hi!
I had one last week, they give you a mixture of demerol and some other setative, the procedure takes approx. 20 minutes and then you lay down as your wonky kookoo for about half an hour. I left and took the transit home. She should be calling you very soon, if not, call the office and they should be able to let you know if she's still in the lying down room. :-) Best to her!

Sorry this is OT: but obligated as an educator to say this:

Ooh, SideKick, as an RN I cannot believe you were allowed to leave alone and take transit. That makes the hair go up on the back of my neck. Any patient who has had any drug that alters their conscious state should never be allowed to leave a facility alone, if it is within 6 to 8 hours of the administration of the drug. All I can say is OMG! If I discharged a person to their own care that quickly and that person received sedation for a procedure I could well lose my license. But that is not the point. I don't know where you had this done, but their Risk Management people need to know they are discharging people alone so shortly after a procedure.

That is so funny. As soon as they wheeled my husband up to the car and loaded him in - he asked me to take him to the Chic-fila drive through! He was starving because he hadn't eaten since 10 PM the night before!

I know right !! We went to a IHOP I had the Stuffed French Toast...OMG I went a little overboard ..LOL

I have to go for now Hopeful One. I will come back later for an update on your Mom. She'll be just fine.

Actually with a third of the jury buying the abuse crap I am surprised they all agreed on premeditated murder which is a victory. I dont think the defense was truly expecting M1 and wasnt that prepared for the penalty phase. I expect them to find someone to call during this phase to give statements on JA behalf. I also suspect they will call ALV back to the stand since she must have had an impact on a third of these jurors. :puke: Regardless, the state doesnt have anything to lose (except a ton of money) by retrying this phase. If this jury fails too then the judge decides and hopefully that would be LWOP so if they can afford it I guess its worth taking the chance to get DP. Except JA will be gloating, "No body can kill me." if this jury fails too.

Hoping you hear from your mother soon. If you don't, your could call her primary doctor and they may be able to help. They may know who is doing her procedure. Keep us posted!

Don't worry! They absolutely won't let her drive, she probably had her friend that took her take her for a late breakfast.

My dad treats everything like its not a big deal... I wouldn't have even known he had his hernia surgery if I hadn't called while he was at home "resting"... that one burned me up. But he's here to live another day to stress me out again!:seeya:

LWOP & No appeal

8 people....

I'm confident that whatever deal Juan presents will not be an easy one for her to accept. He wants her to be punished to the fullest extent. Maybe he'll offer her LWOP on the condition that she abandon her BS self defense story and admit it was premeditated.

LWOP & No appeal

8 people....
I don't because I can't see Juan offering it. He got Death for Wendi Andriano, and it would let down the Alexander family who wants Death. Don't care what Jodi or her team wants.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44pYL9-XOW0"]VICKI SUE ROBINSON ; TURN THE BEAT AROUND - YouTube[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3