Sidebar Discussion #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you zippity!!!!!

The initial responding officers met with the 2 women who placed the 911 calls.

Of NOTE...the women did not live on Suburban Drive or Hopespring Dr, they lived on a street behind Hopespring and this street is a cul de sac or dead end street and does not lead to Suburban Drive.

LE patrolled the area where the women live, they did not enter the south side of the woods.

they heard the children at Hidden Oaks Elementary School which is on the north side of the woods

An sector supervisor decided to call in the Aviation Unit and K-9 unit...IMO a wise decision since there was a missing toddler who lived in the area....

A few patrol units also arrived.

The Aviation Unit did an extensive search of the area by air

The K9 unit patrolled the south side of the wooded area...they were not on the north side of the wooded area along suburban where Caylee's skeletal remains were found.

LE then proceeded to the elementary school to speak with officials there...and that is when they learned the screaming child was a student.

This incident was not reported on local media, I never heard of this incident or LE's response until released in discovery.

Thank you again Intermezzo - so there was a dog unti and I guess a helicopter after all. That part I don't remember but likely that is because it wasn't reported n the news but was as you say, part of the discovery. Interesting how that item got turned into a major event in the book...

Exactly....why? Thirty one days? It's not as if there was a sighting or something...:waitasec: I think he must be confused with the media helicopters flying over the Anthony house or he's being a liar liar skinny pants on fire again...

Even if Baez was just confused, it is not an excuse, IMO. Had he checked facts and maybe overlooked one or two things, I might give him a pass on those things. But to me it looks as though he just put in the book whatever he thought would grab attention, and truth be damned.

[/B]

Thank you again Intermezzo - so there was a dog unti and I guess a helicopter after all. That part I don't remember but likely that is because it wasn't reported n the news but was as you say, part of the discovery. Interesting how that item got turned into a major event in the book...

Still...even with a search with dogs and a helicopter, they did not search the area where Caylee was later found, as Baez is trying to claim.

Am I interpreting this correctly?

Even if Baez was just confused, it is not an excuse, IMO. Had he checked facts and maybe overlooked one or two things, I might give him a pass on those things. But to me it looks as though he just put in the book whatever he thought would grab attention, and truth be damned.

Just like he did in court.

Yes, something can be done by the publisher. It just so happened that a book on Thomas Jefferson was just pulled by its publisher for its inaccuracies. Now wouldn't that be something if Benbella were to do the same to JB and his "book of lies"?

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/48617599/ns/today-books/#.UCg0I6B0mVE

A best-seller about Thomas Jefferson by an influential Tea Party and evangelical figure has been recalled after the publisher announced on Thursday that it has detected factual inaccuracies in the book.

But we are talking about Benbella for Jose's book. I'm not sure they really care about any factual inaccuracies in his book. They certainly didn't have anyone proofread and fact check before publishing it.

I wonder though, if Benbella might not come out smelling like a rose if they did do something like this. After all, they do have a flop on their hands so if they could make any points at all by appearing to take the high road it would be advantageous for them. They strike me as shifty enough to do whatever it takes to gain any upper hand.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to see them profit at Jose's cost!

Still...even with a search with dogs and a helicopter, they did not search the area where Caylee was later found, as Baez is trying to claim.

Am I interpreting this correctly?

Yes, you are.

The first responding officers, followed by the K-9 unit DID NOT search the exact area where Caylee's skeletal remains were found.

They were not on or along Suburban Dr when they responded to the 2 911 calls.

LE responded to 2 calls made from homes on Florence Harbor Drive which is on the south side of the wooded area and they did not go into the woods.

Suburban Dr, Hidden Oaks Elementary school and the exact spot where Caylee's skeletal remains were found are on the north side of the wooded area.

Below is a link to the map of the area showing the Wooded Area, Florence Harbor Dr, Hidden Oaks Elementary School, Suburban Dr, and Hopesprings Dr
I believe the calls were made from homes near the end of the cul de sac.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?sugexp=c...a=X&ei=w1YoUMHBFYWR6gGaxIDwBA&ved=0CBgQ8gEwAA

I have to thank all you WS'ers who have had the intestinal fortitude to have read the entire doorstop and post all the, ahem, inaccuracies.

I want to barf for every time Baez said that we didn't know all that he knew about the case.

I sincerely believe that the 5 star-reviews are based on the assumption that Baez told the truth. If there were a book published debunking the doorstop, it would be much longer than the original, because it would have to include all the documented proof straight from the documentation we have all pored over so many times and have discussed in depth.

Those reviews are as phoney as a $3 bill. I wish that there had been ONE person who followed the case closely as we did and also read the book had done an interview with facts in hand.

I detest liars. I also detest people who stand up and defend liars with their sheep mentality.

As of this evening, his rank is:

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #8,278 in Books

Just like he did in court.

Yup. Basically what Baez has done with his book is give a closing statement that he was not allowed to give in court because he could not corroborate any of it.

(And he still can't. Maybe someone will sue his publisher!)

Off topic, shout out to our friends as to the olympics in the uk. best damn closing ceremony ever!

I don’t know for sure, but I kind of think that when you sign people with a demonstrated history like Rielle Hunter and Jose Baez you know what you are paying for getting. Maybe as a small publishing house, they took a chance, probably paid a upfront advance payment (guessing between 10K to 50k), and hoped for the best. I would guess at the very least people know their name now, BB, and that is marketing and defiantly worth something.

http://jeanienefrost.com/2010/01/publishing-money-myths/

"Publishers tally author royalties twice a year. The first term typically runs from January 1st through June 30, and the second term runs from July 1st through December 31st"

They also count all the book returns before they pay future royalties (reserves against returns). In addition, if JB has not sold enough books to earn royalties that match his advance payment, he gets no future royalties until he does.

Yes, you are.

The first responding officers, followed by the K-9 unit DID NOT search the exact area where Caylee's skeletal remains were found.

They were not on or along Suburban Dr when they responded to the 2 911 calls.

LE responded to 2 calls made from homes on Florence Harbor Drive which is on the south side of the wooded area and they did not go into the woods.

Suburban Dr, Hidden Oaks Elementary school and the exact spot where Caylee's skeletal remains were found are on the north side of the wooded area.

Below is a link to the map of the area showing the Wooded Area, Florence Harbor Dr, Hidden Oaks Elementary School, Suburban Dr, and Hopesprings Dr
I believe the calls were made from homes near the end of the cul de sac.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?sugexp=c...a=X&ei=w1YoUMHBFYWR6gGaxIDwBA&ved=0CBgQ8gEwAA

I always shake my head in absolute disgust when I hear Baez and Dom Casey and even Cindy claiming in September, October and November that someone, including Kronk moved Caylee's body, as if it was an intact body, not over a hundred tiny bones scattered over an acre of bush. Even the hip bone was buried under debris, or as the defense expert claimed, bured by a coyote.

Seriously for anyone who has read any of the documents or realized how short a time a body would first skeletonize and then be scattered by scavengers, do they realize how truly absurd they sound???:banghead: :banghead:

I don’t know for sure, but I kind of think that when you sign people with a demonstrated history like Rielle Hunter and Jose Baez you know what you are paying for getting. Maybe as a small publishing house, they took a chance, probably paid a small upfront advance payment, and hoped for the best. I would guess at the very least people know their name now, BB, and that is marketing and defiantly worth something.

http://jeanienefrost.com/2010/01/publishing-money-myths/

"Publishers tally author royalties twice a year. The first term typically runs from January 1st through June 30, and the second term runs from July 1st through December 31st"

They also count all the book returns before they pay future royalties, and if JB has not sold enough books to earn royalties that match his advance payment, he gets no future royalties until he does (reserves against returns).

From what I was reading about self publishing, it would have been Baez who had to hire an editor to proof his "manuscript" and the advice to self publishers is to NOT skip this step to save the money it costs because in the end it just isn't worth it to go to press with spelling and grammar errors....to say nothing of contradicting oneself from one chapter to the next.
It doesn't sound like this is Benbella's responsibility at all,

I have to thank all you WS'ers who have had the intestinal fortitude to have read the entire doorstop and post all the, ahem, inaccuracies.

I want to barf for every time Baez said that we didn't know all that he knew about the case.

I sincerely believe that the 5 star-reviews are based on the assumption that Baez told the truth. If there were a book published debunking the doorstop, it would be much longer than the original, because it would have to include all the documented proof straight from the documentation we have all pored over so many times and have discussed in depth.

Those reviews are as phoney as a $3 bill. I wish that there had been ONE person who followed the case closely as we did and also read the book had done an interview with facts in hand.

I detest liars. I also detest people who stand up and defend liars with their sheep mentality.

As of this evening, his rank is:

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #8,278 in Books

But I thought Jose said that old ladies with nine cats sitting behind a computer knew more about this case than him? Heck any one of the cats could of written better motions than him.

Exactly....why? Thirty one days? It's not as if there was a sighting or something...:waitasec: I think he must be confused with the media helicopters flying over the Anthony house or he's being a liar liar skinny pants on fire again...[/QUOTE]

I choose the bolded.

I always shake my head in absolute disgust when I hear Baez and Dom Casey and even Cindy claiming in September, October and November that someone, including Kronk moved Caylee's body, as if it was an intact body, not over a hundred tiny bones scattered over an acre of bush. Even the hip bone was buried under debris, or as the defense expert claimed, bured by a coyote.

Seriously for anyone who has read any of the documents or realized how short a time a body would first skeletonize and then be scattered by scavengers, do they realize how truly absurd they sound???:banghead: :banghead:

You've said a mouth full that I totally agree with.

But I thought Jose said that old ladies with nine cats sitting behind a computer knew more about this case than him? Heck any one of the cats could of written better motions than him.
I bet he paid Casey to write most of the book and he added the parts where he needed to sound lawyerish. LOL

I bet he paid Casey to write most of the book and he added the parts where he needed to sound lawyerish. LOL

No - I listened to him in court and read his motions - I think he wrote it himself!!:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I wonder what it would do to the numbers if people started returning their books? A group of us has decided to return ours using the reason "Different from website description". First it's not 480 pages, as stated & second it isn't non-fiction, full of blatant lies.

#9,431 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
#43 in Books > Law > Criminal Law
#62 in Books > Biographies & Memoirs > True Accounts > Murder & Mayhem

I wonder what it would do to the numbers if people started returning their books? A group of us has decided to return ours using the reason "Different from website description". First it's not 480 pages, as stated & second it isn't non-fiction, full of blatant lies.

I would love to see that!

That is hilarious! All three reasons are fact and I'd sure like to hear you have actually done it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid