Sidebar Discussion #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ All of my ranting up there is not to say that I don't think George is very much a castrated man.

George reminds me of my father. My mother ruled the roost. Very rarely would he stand up to her for his own, or my, behalf. I see George and see THAT behavior. He and Casey were "in cahoots" their entire life against CA. UNTIL CAYLEE DISAPPEARED. Anytime GA tried to step outside the mold to "out" Casey for her lies, Cindy stopped him. George eventually gave up. His GJ testimony was his crowning glory, IMO. No, we won't know what he said, but I do believe he told the truth at that GJ hearing. About the smell in the car, about a lot of things. I don't know if you all realize, but a GJ can ask anything. They can be told everything. I know. I worked GJ for the STate for years. I sat in on GJ hearings. You are not bound by the "rules" of court as if you were in a criminal trial.

So I believe George did do the right thing for Caylee at that moment in time. Thereafter, Cindy took over as usual.

I think if George had stuck to his truthfulness (like what was evidenced on those tapes of LEO questioning him) - there would have been a different outcome. He would have been a lone voice in the wilderness though.

I remember LE questioning GA, I remember thinking GA sounded like "ok I'll tell you everything, but don't tell my wife" I thought ew weak man!!! Anyway my question is, with GA being in LE wouldn't he have known these tapes would be made public?

"you don't mess with the Anthony's" I guess CA didn't consider baby Caylee an Anthony. Maybe because CA didn't know who Caylee's father was.

I have no pitty nor sorrow for GA, I would have if he had left his wife, and turned his back to CA after the trial but he didn't. He stood by his lying wife, and his murderous daughter. I believe it was all an act and pre-planned by the defense! GA is as bad as Cindy, but GA can hide and cindy cannot. MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Look - I agree with all those things and it has given us all kinds of fodder for three long years of discussion - you are missing my point!
All of the things you have mentioned above were either refuted at trial OR had no impact on the case at all.

I'm not saying there was nothing wrong with their behavior - there was - but folks keep saying it impacted the trial - it didn't IMO. The LE pretty much igored the Anthony's after George came in and gave his initial statement. What they said and did had squat to do with the evidence and charges. IMO

Well, I believe what they said and did from early on did in fact impact the trial. I believe the prosecutors could not use certain evidence they may have had that pointed at motive, i.e., residual anger after a fight if there was one. They could not pursue it because they could not corroborate it, because no one would speak the truth about it. Also, the photos entered of Caylee with her hand on the door, implying she could and probably did open it herself. Then of her on the ladder, again implying something not proven at all. Maybe she could not open that door and in all the time they owned that pool that ladder had never been accidentally left up...we'll just never know because no one stepped up.

But the main way that I think their early behaviors impacted the trial was it all gave JB ammunition to use to point to someone else. He knew going in that he could get away with his antics. Had the parents been cooperative with LE and not acted like asses for weeks/months/years prior to the start of the trial, I do not think JB would have tried as much as he did. He was pretty confident he would not be challenged, even if GA was fed up by then and did try to do something right for Caylee, by then it was too late. His past behaviors came back to haunt him, IMO.

Anyway...we are all upset and at times angry. It is not directed at each other even though sometimes it may come off that way. It's just that when an innocent child is all but forgotten, and those responsible for her demise go on to reap rewards, it's a tough thing to watch. I actually had a gut ache through most of the trial, and I fully expected a just and proper verdict. So you can imagine how ill I felt when the killer was acquitted of everything but a few misdemeanor lying charges.

And now, I am done with this.

From JA - "Its a new day"... its a nice video of him thanking the voters

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/vide...s-thanks-on-the-corner-of-Orange-and-Colonial
Bumping this great video, and thanks Zippity.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/vide...s-thanks-on-the-corner-of-Orange-and-Colonial

"It's a new day," indeed. :sunshine:

And... have we seen this one?

Ashton commenting on GA's congratulatory appearance last night? (Sorry if I missed it.)

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/vide...on-being-congratulated-by-George-Anthony#gl-0

sure would have helped if he had not lied. LG you saw LK, bold faced LIAR he was!!! It would have also helped if he had not changed his story so many times. HE is the reason she is free today. He should be hiding in a cave somewhere. Crab puffs be damned, he is not about to give up the good life of people feeling sorry for him.

bbm

I must be especially dense today. Who is LK?

Who would have thought - GA & JA becoming friends...
That can only mean one thing in my mind. GA has finally rid himself of the two that weighed him down.
I wonder what evil GA knows KC has done in her past?
I suspect KC didn't become evil overnight & there is plenty GA knows.
I hope he spills everything to his friend JA.
You can still see Caylee get some justice GA, it's not too late.

Time for a quick update from Amazon:

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #14,655 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
#63 in Books > Biographies & Memoirs > True Accounts > Murder & Mayhem

C'mon out of the closet and join us in congratulating JA, Jose! While you're at it you can buy a book or two to help yourself look better. :)

(Larry King? George lied on his show...)

I remember the Larry King interview. I must have misread that whole quote. I read it that "LK" lied and was the reason IT is free. (See, especially dense today.)

Thanks!

Who would have thought - GA & JA becoming friends...
That can only mean one thing in my mind. GA has finally rid himself of the two that weighed him down.
I wonder what evil GA knows KC has done in her past?
I suspect KC didn't become evil overnight & there is plenty GA knows.
I hope he spills everything to his friend JA.
You can still see Caylee get some justice GA, it's not too late.

I wouldnt be too sure about that. The Anthonys are a strange bunch..for all we know Cindy sent him in their and she was waiting for him outside. All for show you can never judge them by their actions.

I remember being fooled by Spindy when she was sobbing at the trial but later realized that they had a preplanned agenda for everything.

I take the silence on JBs book as a positive thing, they aren't giving JB any press/air time that he hasn't earned. GA or CA making comments on that book would sell copies. I actually have a great respect for their silence when it comes to the book.

Btw, I am beyond amazed that CA didn't put out a book. The way that woman was furiously scribbling all thru trial, I was sure she had most of it written before verdict was even read.

I wouldnt be too sure about that. The Anthonys are a strange bunch..for all we know Cindy sent him in their and she was waiting for him outside. All for show you can never judge them by their actions.

I remember being fooled by Spindy when she was sobbing at the trial but later realized that they had a preplanned agenda for everything.

LOL! I, too, am gun shy when it comes to those 2. I NEVER WILL FORGET that first day of CA testimony in trial. I cried. Carried on. OMG I was so freaking happy she had FINALLY decided to do the right thing.

Then the bomb went off the very next day. It was like Jekyll and Hyde.

Just in case someone has nothing better to do - here are the original State depositions. Their testimony had to be based on these transcripts or as posters have said, they were declared hostile witnesses, and their testimony refuted by reading their original transcripts.

http://www.examiner.com/article/cas...rge-anthony-s-prosecution-deposition-august-5

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/29540121/Cindy-Anthony-State-Deposition-7282009-Part-1

I can certainly accept that posters here don't agree with how I saw the trial vs. the circus that led up to it. I was completely sick at the verdict and could barely function for a good week afterwards. I don't support the Anthony's or their behavior, I simply have a different viewpoint of their impact on the trial.

Just in case someone has nothing better to do - here are the original State depositions. Their testimony had to be based on these transcripts or as posters have said, they were declared hostile witnesses, and their testimony refuted by reading their original transcripts.

http://www.examiner.com/article/cas...rge-anthony-s-prosecution-deposition-august-5

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/29540121/Cindy-Anthony-State-Deposition-7282009-Part-1

I can certainly accept that posters here don't agree with how I saw the trial vs. the circus that led up to it. I was completely sick at the verdict and could barely function for a good week afterwards. I don't support the Anthony's or their behavior, I simply have a different viewpoint of their impact on the trial.

No problem. That's what it is all about. We have to agree to disagree. Nicely. Or we get that horrific unplanned vacay!

We are all united here in our belief of what was done to a little girl named Caylee.

Its amazing to me that after all this time, just a few seconds of seeing GA sent me right back in time. I dont like that.

I'd rather we got back to thwart cakes, cocktails and other sidebar matters...

Late to the convo, but don't forget giving the wrong brush and the diary and things stored at JB office.
CA began covering up the minute she started cleaning that car.

I have said it before and I will say it again - I HATE THEM ALL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member