Sidebar Discussion #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Praying for you RR0004!!!! Much love and hugs to you!!!!

I just had to come here after seeing that CMA was trending on Twitter, and I nearly had a heart attack. Then I clicked on it and it the Country Music Awards that was trending, not Casey Marie Anthony!!!!! Apparently nominations have come out. You know you've been on the Casey Anthony case too long when...

Your health, now and long term, as a single parent, is more important than the next two weeks for your principal. If you doctor says stay off of it... stay off of it! Early and quickly!

You will do no one any good if you aggravate it or cause more issues down the road. Take care of you!

These were my first thoughts too, IfIMay, about the long-term healing having priority over the short-term problems (even if they appear insurmountable at the time). Thanks for having stated it so succinctly!

Not to stray any more OT (lol), but the appt. is next Wednesday...and according to the dermatologist, it's not real deep...next to nothing she said. Cut away from the margins (ugh) and that's it. From her mouth to G-d's ears.
Unfortunately, I don't have much family. A sister who lives far away. Most of my family died by their 60th birthdays and I guess that's what sits in the back of my mind making me slightly nuts. But, I do believe in positive thinking and will deal with it and move on. Just wish it was over. I cannot take 2 weeks off, though...so I hope that won't be the case.
Thank you, everyone. You're sweetness has touched me so.
oxoxoxox

RR, I'm sure most people couldn't take 2 weeks off either. If it's any comfort to you, my son just went through this same procedure. He had it on his nose and required 3 circular cuts to be sure he got all the cancer. He said it wasn't bad at all and that the doctor told him plastic surgery would most likely NOT be necessary. He went back to work the next day, wearing a bandaid on his nose.

Please don't worry too much. Best wishes to you for a good outcome.

Uhh.. earth to Casey.. this whole civil suit is to do with your MURDER trial.

I have to see a plastic surgeon to have it excised. It's on my lower calf so there's not much skin. When she mentioned "skin graft", I freaked...but really freaked when she said I would need to stay off my feet for a couple of weeks. That's NOT going to happen. I have to work. I made an appointment to see the surgeon next Wednesday. Maybe he'll tell me something different.
Thanks for your prayers. Believe it or not, it's not easy for me to talk to people when something difficult is going on in my life. I guess you could say I feel safe here. oxoxoxo

Just know when you see that plastic surgeon on Wednesday that room is going to be really crowded with all of us here holding your hand. Try to remember early detection is very important, it seems as though you've taken care of that. I know it's easy to say, but please think of yourself first, before your job. I agree with you, this is a safe place :)

I just had to come here after seeing that CMA was trending on Twitter, and I nearly had a heart attack. Then I clicked on it and it the Country Music Awards that was trending, not Casey Marie Anthony!!!!! Apparently nominations have come out. You know you've been on the Casey Anthony case too long when...

Wait a sec...maybe THAT'S what Lee was blabbering about all teary eyed? CMA I love you! Maybe he just wanted some Martina McBride or Brad Paisley?

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...zalez-cindy-anthony-circuit-judge-lisa-munyon

Casey Anthony asks judge to block criminal case evidence from Zenaida Gonzalez civil suit

<snip>

Anthony's attorneys ask Circuit Judge Lisa Munyon to block "any evidence, comment, or other reference by counsel of any witness in this case concerning" Anthony's highly publicized murder prosecution and trial.

Where's the harm in people knowing- as they are so fond of telling us, she was found not guilty- they DO believe her, don't they?

Where's the harm in people knowing- as they are so fond of telling us, she was found not guilty- they DO believe her, don't they?

Well said ZsaZsa - isn't blocking evidence about prior bad acts??? So if she was found not guilty....what's their point as you say??

They all know she really did get away with murder!

So this is the Sidebar, right? And we can kinda go OT?
I'm sitting here when I should be in bed...but I can't shake the news I got today. I know it's probably nothing...but when you're a single parent it gets real scary 'cause you think all kinds of things...but the fear is gripping my heart. My dermatologist told me that I have a melanoma on my leg. She said it's "early", but just the sound of the word shakes me. I'm scared folks. I've had other skin cancer (1,2,3 and it was gone), but melanoma can be so bad. I'm so afraid. :(

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

we're with you for the long haul, you know it :hug:

...is this referencing the check convictions?:waitasec:

WooHoo! There you are!! I think we are talking about the civil ZG case aren't we?? :woohoo: The new motion by the defense to keep her crim court case out of the civil trial?

This week?? Oh, my. I have school starting in 2 days. I'm hoping the doctor sliced off enough to keep it in check when she did the biopsy 2 weeks ago. I am NEVER scheduling my check-ups before a vacation ever again. I come home to find unpleasant news EVERY time. I'm already getting bi-annual check ups. It had been just a freckle (now I know those need to be watched as well)...a cute one, too.
I thought about a wheelchair. We are so short staffed in my program as it is. My principal will go nuts if she has to replace me for 2 weeks. I like the doctor I'm going to see. He's one of the best...a no nomsense kind of guy, but I'll be in good hands (fingers and toes crossed).
I better start to try and close my eyes. Thanks all. You are the very best!
oxoxoxox

My heart really goes out to. It's hard enough being a single parent and needing that job and some things can very easily bowl you over. Do ask for help at school. I bet there will students that will give you a hand.

Not to make light of your worries and hope I can bring a smile. My husband would go on fishing trips twice a year with my dad and brother.

We had never been apart till then and it was hard being alone without him. He'd walk down to the marina and call me each evening (taking much joking by my dad about it) and I'd count the days till he was back.

On the fifth evening (with two more to go) he called, we talked, and he went on to bed. I put the kids to bed and went to bed later. I woke up at three in the morning to the smell of smoke and flames. Our waterbed was on fire. I jumped out of bed screaming and luckily put it out quick. We had smoke detectors and they would only go off if I was cooking, but they didn't that night. I didn't sleep until he got back home on Sunday evening. I did call our insurance company to file a claim, told them what happened, was told to hold on and they never came back to the phone.

Something would happen every time. My dad told my husband, one year, to have all the utilities turned off till he got back since several were related to them. I had to deliver a baby one time and thought I'd made it the next trip until I broke my little toe as he was packing that night to leave. Then the next trip as I was watching my dad, brother and husband drive around the corner, our daughter came and found me. She was burning up and we went to the Dr. the next morning. She had pneumonia. My husband said it was like Rosanne Roseannadanna said "Well it just goes to show you, it's always something".

You're not alone if you have us with you. Thinking and saying good thoughts do work. We'll all put our collective thoughts together and get you through this.

Hugs and prayers to you. You are never alone my friend. I'm sad that you are scared but I too had early melanoma on my upper leg when I was 30. I'm here ten years later with a small scar to show for it. Good for you getting it checked.
Thanks, Coco...and everyone. I told my principal today and she said to think about myself (besides telling me I can sit and teach...lol). I'm a bit overhwelmed, but hearing about good outcomes settles me down. :)
So here we are weeks after Casey's "release" and no one cares. That makes me happy!

PS- You all mean the world to me.

WooHoo! There you are!! I think we are talking about the civil ZG case aren't we?? :woohoo: The new motion by the defense to keep her crim court case out of the civil trial?

Which is totally ridiculous! Had she not murdered Caylee no one would have heard about a ZG.
I'm mad about something else :)floorlaugh:) which in turn make's me even madder about this cuz FCA is the luckest person I've ever seen and it wont surprise me if she gets away with this bs too.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

OMG RR0004 - this is scary news - acckk - hope your surgeon is knows what she is taking about when she says minimal and I can understand you being freaked out at the word melanoma!
Maybe she is thinking just for the healing process - it might be painful - don't they take a skin graft from the hip area? Maybe she's thinking you will be in pain? Fingers crossed that's what's on her mind and she is wanting you to have good healing?
Oh Geez now I'm feeling kind of frantic for you - I guess you mean a week today? That feels like a long time to wait...
Carp: edited to say reread your post and she is a he! Sorry...
Hmm - if you are teaching could you use a high stool you could perch on to stay off your feet? I wonder if you could wear an elastic stocking - like the ones for varicose veins - just to give the spot some support and make sure you sit with your feet up in your lunch hour? Could any of that be managed?

Here I go again - your doctor tells you you have to stay off your feet for two weeks and I'm thinking of ways you can get around it. Sorry, that's because like you I have to work, so I'm a rule breaker. If I have a procedure done I have it as close to a weekend as I can - say a Thursday, take the Friday off, have the three days and I'm back at it on Monday with plans of how to compensate to take care of myself and do what I need to do.

Oh please God, let it be minor and your surgeon knows what he is talking about. Even the word melanoma is scary! Take good care of yourself, I'll be praying for you, plus wishing on a star and the full moon and whatever else I can think of on your behalf!!
I think the support bandage is an excellent idea!!!
Thanks, LG!
Where's Baez's mess of a book these days?

Thanks, Coco...and everyone. I told my principal today and she said to think about myself (besides telling me I can sit and teach...lol). I'm a bit overhwelmed, but hearing about good outcomes settles me down. :)
So here we are weeks after Casey's "release" and no one cares. That makes me happy!

PS- You all mean the world to me.

xxxxxooooo :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members