Sidebar Discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/os-j...ent-questions-20111108,0,6395111.story?page=1

Opening statement still haunts Baez, Casey Anthony

By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel
6:15 p.m. EST, November 13, 2011

"The opening statement defense attorney José Baez delivered during Casey Anthony's criminal trial continues to shadow the lawyer and haunt his client........"

I just posted the above link and more of the snipped portion in our news thread. Now I am going to go back and finish reading the story. MOO.

eta: finished reading, by the way, a really good article. IMO, MOO, etc.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/os-j...ent-questions-20111108,0,6395111.story?page=1

"The opening statement defense attorney José Baez delivered during Casey Anthony's criminal trial continues to shadow the lawyer and haunt his client........"

I just posted the above link and more of the snipped portion in our news thread. Now I am going to go back and finish reading the story. MOO.

"........ also maintains it would have been a "really risky strategy" for Baez to make promises he knew he could never deliver, noting that juries usually hold that against an attorney."

"Usually" ....... obviously she's never met the 12 <unusual persons> from Pinellas County.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-jose-baez-opening-statement-questions-20111108,0,350867.story

Very good article. Thanks! so, attorney's are still discussing amongst themselves whether the opening statement was ethical......I am happy for that.

And, speculation is that FCA will be forced to settle the ZG suite so she won't have to testify. Love that! However, that settlement, to be based on future earnings may not be enough to keep ZG from forcing her to comply.

I don't think anyone wants the defense team to die.

However, by releasing murderers back into society (and I don't just mean KC, I mean ANY guilty-but-went-free-anyway client of ANY defense attorney) they are well aware that *I* or MY FAMILY could die. At the very least, we're not as safe as we would otherwise be.

And actions do have consequences. Personally, I don't wish ill to anyone. But, seeing those members of the DT dance around after the NG verdict gave me the heebie-jeebies. It just seemed so wrong. And what if, God forbid, FKC does offend again?? Will they feel guilty?

from the Cindy's BoA Checking Account Thread

Itsy, I found the link to the Call Service Log

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo242/Brandi-Monkey/Casey Anthony/CallsService.jpg

Calls for Service to the Anthony Home
1 in 2003 Call Type CM
1 in 2004 Call Type Rescue
2-3 in 2005 Call Type Verbal and Disturbance
1 in 2006 Call Type STOVEH (?)
The rest of the calls were June 2008 for the Gas Cans, the 911 calls Cindy made on July 15th and the others had to do with the protesters.

We don't know which family members were involved in these verbal & disturbance calls NOR who called LE.

Thank you so much for taking the time to find this. :rocker: As I said in my original post, I couldn't remember why the 911 calls were placed. (I wondered if it was about fights between CA & FCA, but didn't state that as fact, or try to imply it...I don't think I did, anyway, lol. If I came across that way, it was unintentional.)

Hey guys.

*deep sigh*.

The thing is out. OUT! Still cant quite believe it. Still find myself wishing we could turn back time. And its birthday is in a few days. No doubt she will be having a hot body contest against herself and chugging back the free booze. PUKE.

I was completely disgusted today when I heard John Morgan saying how JB is a *good guy* and "smarter than we think", that he has a good career ahead of him. WTF. Am I to believe JM thinks its OK for JB to tell those OS lies and all the rest of the HIDEOUSNESS that was the behavior of JB from the day he signed on as Chief Licorice Sucker???

I liked JM this morning. Not so much now :(

It still depresses me so much when I think about the acquittal. ACQUITTAL!?!?! Even seeing it written down is like a jug of ice-cold water being thrown on me. I believe I will never be *over it*.

I hate that thing. I really do.

I wonder what part "haunts" him the most (as if he cares)? The utter lies, the screaming, the general goofiness of it all? The "Yer gonna go to jail for the rest of yer frickin' life for neglect"?

Can anyone point me to the discussion about George's car chase with It? I've never heard about it, and am curious....

I wonder what part "haunts" him the most (as if he cares)? The utter lies, the screaming, the general goofiness of it all? The "Yer gonna go to jail for the rest of yer frickin' life for neglect"?

I think "haunts" him means it follows him with people both whispering and saying out loud that he was slimy and unethical by knowingly lying during his opening statement.

That lack of trust ethically will follow him for the rest of his career. Too bad, eh?

Did anyone see The Simpsons last night? Marge's car was breaking down and I swear she asked something to the effect as to why is she the only one who has squirrels climb into her engine and die? It was titled "The Food Wife". Can anyone confirm it for me? I couldn't believe I heard it and I think I'm going nuts.

Can anyone point me to the discussion about George's car chase with It? I've never heard about it, and am curious....

GA was saying it happened during the 31 day timeframe but EZpass records do not reflect CA's car and GA's car on the highway at the same time. CA said it happened earlier in the year and KC had CA's car and CA was watching Caylee when GA went after her. What was the reason????? Maybe there was an argument and KC took CA's car and GA went after her??? I don't think it was ever explained in detail what the issue was. jmo

Yea, I was too, LG! So, in utter shock, instead of voting, I began looking for a "Contact Us" information & the best I could find was this... opinion@time.com. And boy, did I!!!! I told them I had lost ALL respect for Time magazine, that only in America could something like this happen & said that she was just friggin lucky, bottom line.....then, I suggested if they wanted a REAL Person of the Year, why not Caylee, the one that "Time & Justice Forgot! :furious::banghead:

p.s. please, please join me in telling Time what you really think about them....& don't hold back on my account...lol

I found the same link..letter to editor..I just finished a very lengthy letter to the editor. Time Magazine has been around as long as I can remember. The thought of adding FCA to their list of covers is sickening to say the least. Imagine if the editor was flooded with e-mails opposing the thought of putting that face on their cover. I requested they rethink their decision to include her name on the list of people. Imagine if we saw Caylee Maries picture instead..what a great statement that would be!..jmo

I had to send another e-mail to Time. The thought of them actually remembering Caylee along with all the children , loved ones who have gone missing in 2011. I think this would be an awesome story bringing attention to the pattern we see emerging from the fallout of the A case..epidemic of kidnapping cases we are seeing...jmo

I had to send another e-mail to Time. The thought of them actually remembering Caylee along with all the children , loved ones who have gone missing in 2011. I think this would be an awesome story bringing attention to the pattern we see emerging from the fallout of the A case..epidemic of kidnapping cases we are seeing...jmo

Regarding KC and the Times, it is possible they would do it to sell magazines. I don't think she rises to the status of Person of the Year, but they might.

I'm amazed she was able to keep out of sight this long. Actually, impressed she is able to do it.

Having said all this, KC is loving the fact that there is such a following about her and her case whether it is negative or positive. She loves it. I would suggest as Ashton suggests that she be ignored. Seriously.

GA was saying it happened during the 31 day timeframe but EZpass records do not reflect CA's car and GA's car on the highway at the same time. CA said it happened earlier in the year and KC had CA's car and CA was watching Caylee when GA went after her. What was the reason????? Maybe there was an argument and KC took CA's car and GA went after her??? I don't think it was ever explained in detail what the issue was. jmo

Thanks, Lamb! How odd, all around.

George the timid, the un-included and un-involved chased after KC by car? Seems out of character, and like some pretty big bad or frantic thing must have caused the chase.

Regarding KC and the Times, it is possible they would do it to sell magazines. I don't think she rises to the status of Person of the Year, but they might.

I'm amazed she was able to keep out of sight this long. Actually, impressed she is able to do it.

Having said all this, KC is loving the fact that there is such a following about her and her case whether it is negative or positive. She loves it. I would suggest as Ashton suggests that she be ignored. Seriously.

I can only imagine how proud Kc (as well as sindy) ... to be in such great company as Kim Kardashian and Charlie Sheen...(lol.. probably the only ones on the list she recognizes besides herself). No doubt she sees it as quite an honor. I doubt she realizes they nominate lots of horrible people as well as those that actually deserve to be honored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum