Sidebar Discussion #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a youtube video where the pastor of that church was telling his congretation they had just received a Large donation from some unkown non-member on October 13, 3 days before the 1st video blog was made....hummmm

dizzychick, I would love to watch this video. I've googled for it and can't find. Do you have a link you can share? (Please don't interpret this as being confrontational at all! I'm just very eager to see and hear "Preacher" in his element and want to know how he explained the donation.) TIA.

I just checked the Osceola County clerks site (OCA's Federal Tax Lien was filed in Osceola County with Baez's law firm as the address)

Only the document on file under OCA's name is the tax lien document that the IRS filed May 17, 2011
There are no court records filed indicating that the tax lien was satisfied/paid

OCA has until Dec 1 2020 to refile for the 2008 tax period.

Where, may I ask, did you get this info? Just curious as I've never seen that in over 20 years of preparing tax returns & having clients bring in letters/levies from the IRS. I've never seen the IRS willfully "give" someone 12 years to file a tax return or an amended return.

Usually, one receives a notice from the IRS that you haven't claimed income from 2-3 years ago (it takes them that long to catch up, considering the millions of returns & data they have to match up). If you ignore that notice, they'll send you another telling you that unless you reply (showing why you don't owe the amount they say or by amending your return to include expenses - as they don't include any expenses since they don't know what, if any expenses you had), they will place a Lien on your assets. Then you are sent a letter offering you the chance to go to Tax Court to show why you shouldn't have to pay what they say. The next step is the Tax Levy, which has me :waitasec: about who received the first notice...(we can probably figure that one out :innocent: ). After that, the IRS will sell any assets you may have, or have first claim on any future assets. ***It has been 2 years since I prepared any returns, so I may not be up on any new rules. I stopped reading up on tax laws as soon as I didn't have to do it, LOL***

If anyone wants to wade thru the following (it's not that hard really, lol), it explains the IRS collection process. Pgs. 6 & 11 are interesting, especially the part about "assessing the trust fund recovery penalty" (from pg.11). Hmmmm

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p594.pdf

...don't know about the 68k, but anybody ANYBODY can give ANYBODY up to 13k annually with a lifetime max of one million. She's getting donations and I think Bayouland made a really good point about smurfing upthread. Here let's do some math

Cindy 13k
George 13k
Lee 13k
Mallory 13k
Pastor 13k

ad infinitum - (note -anybody could give any of the above 13k as well)

DT probably had to enlist some long reach in doing the same, but could have..

I apologize if someone has already found it but I can't locate a IRS 501 for Cross
Church. It could be that it is an offspring and its parent is in a different location.

If you have this info, please pass along.

The whole thing about "the money" is that unless it was given to Casey Anthony in cash $$$ (which I doubt) it will be traceable. Whether the money was given to Casey herself or someone else, taxes will have to be paid on the money.

Now if "the money" was placed into the account of a certain "foundation", the money going into that account would be recorded... wouldn't it? The only way to not claim money going into the foundation is cash donations, right?

I also don't know if I believe Casey has been given hundreds of thousands of dollars for the videos? I just don't see it? Who has hundreds of thousands of dollars to hand over to Casey with no way to make the money back from their "investment?"

I do think that the Fed's are keeping an eye on Casey though. Her computer activity is probably monitored very closely. Any signs of her getting into accounts, making purchases, etc... is probably being watched. The IRS is probably really, really interested in Casey Anthony and the IRS is nothing to mess with.

And that brings a question? Why hasn't Casey been arrested for tax evasion? Everyone knows she made that money off selling pictures of Caylee back in 2008. It was all admitted to in open court? Whether Casey signed over the money to Jose or not, she still had to pay taxes on it?

The IRS doesn't just simply let you claim, "Oops, I already spent it all... sorry?" She owes the money and cannot just claim she doesn't "have it." Can she?

A number of years ago I owed the IRS $1,900 and it took me a year to pay the bill in full. During that year they made my life a living hell! Just saying...

Where, may I ask, did you get this info? Just curious as I've never seen that in over 20 years of preparing tax returns & having clients bring in letters/levies from the IRS. I've never seen the IRS willfully "give" someone 12 years to file a tax return or an amended return.

Usually, one receives a notice from the IRS that you haven't claimed income from 2-3 years ago (it takes them that long to catch up, considering the millions of returns & data they have to match up). If you ignore that notice, they'll send you another telling you that unless you reply (showing why you don't owe the amount they say or by amending your return to include expenses - as they don't include any expenses since they don't know what, if any expenses you had), they will place a Levy on your assets. Then you are sent a letter offering you the chance to go to Tax Court to show why you shouldn't have to pay what they say. The next step is the Tax Lien, which has me :waitasec: about who received the first 3 notices...(we can probably figure that one out :innocent: ). After that, the IRS will sell any assets you may have, or have first claim on any future assets. ***It has been 2 years since I prepared any returns, so I may not be up on any new rules. I stopped reading up on tax laws as soon as I didn't have to do it, LOL***

If anyone wants to wade thru the following (it's not that hard really, lol), it explains the IRS collection process. Pgs. 6 & 11 are interesting, especially the part about "another party being responsible for reporting/paying" (paraphrased from pg.11). Hmmmm

I've never heard of 12 years either!!

Here's the funny thing:
If mommy gave her the approximately $68,000, to pay off her back taxes, then she would have to claim anything which over the annual limit for a gift from an individual. So, she would owe taxes on that amount, too.

Yes and what would happen to her indigent status?

I've never heard of 12 years either!!

Same here. In 1987 the IRS showed us owing $30,000 in back taxes for the year 1985. We had to Send in a copy of hubby's W2' and they owed us three cents. We still have that three cent check! :floorlaugh:

Oh you guys, I hate to go OT, but it's looking bad for Ayla Reynolds - her blood was found in the basement of her home, and it's described as more than a cut would give. Some was found with luminol. That poor, poor baby! My heart just dropped when I heard the news!

To think, whoever did this probably used Casey Anthony as inspiration, how maddening! They probably think they'll get away with it because she did.

Brings into question who has signing privileges (board of directors? Deacons?) for the church/foundation/school any and all of them can gift up to 13k with no tax responsibilities to FCA. That's relatively unsophisticated - as Bayouland said upthread - probably some more sleight of hand involved in the transaction process.....

Just read their constitution, any distributions over $1000 requires all deacons and elders approval.

YEAH RIGHT.

Oh you guys, I hate to go OT, but it's looking bad for Ayla Reynolds - her blood was found in the basement of her home, and it's described as more than a cut would give. Some was found with luminol. That poor, poor baby! My heart just dropped when I heard the news!

To think, whoever did this probably used Casey Anthony as inspiration, how maddening! They probably think they'll get away with it because she did.

That's horrible. Wasn't the father living in the basement?

Same here. In 1987 the IRS showed us owing $30,000 in back taxes for the year 1985. We had to Send in a copy of hubby's W2' and they owed us three cents. We still have that three cent check! :floorlaugh:

Is it framed? :floorlaugh:

18-38-41-000-050-00010-9

CROSSROADS COMMUNITY CHURCH OF PALM CITY

1484 SW 34TH ST

PALM CITY

FL

Bayou - I started with the address - from the assessor

That's horrible. Wasn't the father living in the basement?

I'm not sure. I know he's now saying she was asleep down there with him and I think his girlfriend and her toddler or something like that, which totally does not match an abduction. *sigh*

Usually, one receives a notice from the IRS that you haven't claimed income from 2-3 years ago (it takes them that long to catch up, considering the millions of returns & data they have to match up). If you ignore that notice, they'll send you another telling you that unless you reply (showing why you don't owe the amount they say or by amending your return to include expenses - as they don't include any expenses since they don't know what, if any expenses you had), they will place a Lien on your assets. Then you are sent a letter offering you the chance to go to Tax Court to show why you shouldn't have to pay what they say. The next step is the Tax Levy, which has me :waitasec: about who received the first notice...(we can probably figure that one out :innocent: ). After that, the IRS will sell any assets you may have, or have first claim on any future assets. ***It has been 2 years since I prepared any returns, so I may not be up on any new rules. I stopped reading up on tax laws as soon as I didn't have to do it, LOL***

If anyone wants to wade thru the following (it's not that hard really, lol), it explains the IRS collection process. Pgs. 6 & 11 are interesting, especially the part about "assessing the trust fund recovery penalty" (from pg.11). Hmmmm

It's on the IRS Tax lien Form that was recorded with the Osceola County clerk
I tried posting the form but was not able to
http://www.osceolaclerk.com/
go to Official Records, basic search, input OCA's name and the record comes up

Casey Marie Anthony
522 Simpson Rd, Kissimmee

Federal Tax Lien form 668(Y)(c)

Kind of Tax:1040
Tax Period Ending: Dec 31, 2008
Date of Assessment: November 1, 2010
Last Date for Refilling: December 1, 2020
Unpaid Balance of Assessment: $68,520.41
------------------------------

:waitasec:
I may have understood the "last date of refilling" incorrectly...

ITSY,,
Is the date of refilling for Casey to refile or for the IRS to refile the Notice?
On the lien there is an area "Important Notice" stating that if the notice is not refilled by the Refilling Date then notice shall operate as a certificate of release IRC 6325(a)

I'm not sure. I know he's now saying she was asleep down there with him and I think his girlfriend and her toddler or something like that, which totally does not match an abduction. *sigh*

No it sure doesn't. This is so sad. Thanks to FCA and this jury, all kinds of children are being "abducted". Or am I imagining it?

JMO

No it sure doesn't. This is so sad. Thanks to FCA and this jury, all kinds of children are being "abducted". Or am I imagining it?

JMO

No. I don't think you re imagining this. KC gave them the outline on how to get away with it.
I know it happens much to often but it seems now cases like this have picked up.

I apologize if someone has already found it but I can't locate a IRS 501 for Cross
Church. It could be that it is an offspring and its parent is in a different location.

If you have this info, please pass along.

I've looked high and low through the IRS tax exempt organizations and can't find hide nor hair of it.:waitasec: Must be through a parent church but I have no idea what church that would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08