Sidebar Discussion #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the Pastor knows any of the familiar-named Florida folks than run "missing children's charities"...like D&CM, MB, JD/and his poker runs and souped-up "missing kids" pickup truck or the guy who wants to build a memorial walkway in the swamp.

Even if Miss A is being supported by "in kind" benefits, she may want to be careful not to exceed the allowable limit and then be responsible for "reportable" donations.

My guess, the pastor was given the donation with "strings attached" and will start his own "charity" not having to do with children. He will then hire Miss A, at a ridiculously high annual income, which will be legal...and then keep the rest for his other "needy" parishioners and perhaps pay himself a nice salary to administrate the charity.

The good news is if tax fraud is going on, the wittle preacher and his "guest" will be indicted on federal charges.

Brings into question who has signing privileges (board of directors? Deacons?) for the church/foundation/school any and all of them can gift up to 13k with no tax responsibilities to FCA. That's relatively unsophisticated - as Bayouland said upthread - probably some more sleight of hand involved in the transaction process.....

That's what I am trying to find but keep in mind BFMD, the preacher is keeping the info to himself, didn't disclose to the flock, so I bet $100, paperwork trails and rules are not being followed

What is the name of this church again? Anyboby remember?

That's what I am trying to find but keep in mind BFMD, the preacher is keeping the info to himself, didn't disclose to the flock, so I bet $100, paperwork trails and rules are not being followed

The Cross Church - Incorporated or noted in the public records as Crossroads Church iirc - checked the county records - Martin County -

I wish the Feds would investigate all of these rural/small church-based "charities and the churches that start these bogus charities. The first one I think they ought to check into is in Dade City FL (NSBC.)

I don't know about this church and this pastor but so many of these small churches have "pastors" who aren't even remotely trained in religious studies. They work off of "testimonials" and personal "sermons." They get free food ("government cheese") tax-free housing, and donations of all kinds from parishioners and the community alike. A Scam on a big scale.

Casey cannot just "not pay" what she already owes. It was stated in open court that Casey received that $200,000.00. I'm wondering if someone else hasn't already paid it off for her? Grandpa Mason? Cindy?

And if someone hasn't already paid it off how long does it usually take for the IRS to say, enough is enough?

Casey cannot just "not pay" what she already owes. It was stated in open court that Casey received that $200,000.00. I'm wondering if someone else hasn't already paid it off for her? Grandpa Mason? Cindy?

And if someone hasn't already paid it off how long does it usually take for the IRS to say, enough is enough?

Here's the funny thing:
If mommy gave her the approximately $68,000, to pay off her back taxes, then she would have to claim anything which over the annual limit for a gift from an individual. So, she would owe taxes on that amount, too.

But wouldn't that money be traceable? The person who donated the "large sum" of money would have to write it off and wouldn't the church itself have to account for not only where that money came from, but what they spent it on?

It's Mason - he's the only one with "the reach" if you know what I mean.

But wouldn't that money be traceable? The person who donated the "large sum" of money would have to write it off and wouldn't the church itself have to account for not only where that money came from, but what they spent it on?

Yes, the church will find its own way to write it off.

Here's the funny thing:
If mommy gave her the approximately $68,000, to pay off her back taxes, then she would have to claim anything which over the annual limit for a gift from an individual. So, she would owe taxes on that amount, too.

But what if Cindy paid for it out-of-pocket? What if she didn't hand the money over to Casey? And could Cindy legally pay for Casey's debt with money from the foundation?

But what if Cindy paid for it out-of-pocket? What if she didn't hand the money over to Casey? And could Cindy legally pay for Casey's debt with money from the foundation?

Here's one way that Momma might pull it off. She "donates" tons of $$$ to the other charity, where she is an administrative officer, then that charity pays her "salary" and she uses her own "income" to pay the debt directly.

I guess anyone can directly pay your bill. Or a lawyer, who "works" for the "charity" and has his/her own income pays it directly and then the charity pays him/her their "salary." KWIM?

Here's the funny thing:

...don't know about the 68k, but anybody ANYBODY can give ANYBODY up to 13k annually with a lifetime max of one million. She's getting donations and I think Bayouland made a really good point about smurfing upthread. Here let's do some math

Cindy 13k
George 13k
Lee 13k
Mallory 13k
Pastor 13k

ad infinitum - (note -anybody could give any of the above 13k as well)

DT probably had to enlist some long reach in doing the same, but could have..

I have another question? If someone wanted to do a documentary style film about the 31 days that Caylee was not reported missing, what legal boundaries are there if you use all the information based on public records (documents, transcripts, evidence)?

They are probably not concerned about the legal part, if you know what I mean...IMO

...don't know about the 68k, but anybody ANYBODY can give ANYBODY up to 13k annually with a lifetime max of one million. She's getting donations and I think Bayouland made a really good point about smurfing upthread. Here let's do some math

Cindy 13k
George 13k
Lee 13k
Mallory 13k
Pastor 13k

Any "employee" of the other "charity" can donate, I'm sure. Since they are all in it for charitable reasons, of course. :pinocchio:

I have another question? If someone wanted to do a documentary style film about the 31 days that Caylee was not reported missing, what legal boundaries are there if you use all the information based on public records (documents, transcripts, evidence)?

probably very few - it's basically what the media has done since day 31 - you might want to put this in the ask the lawyer thread ....

I just checked the Osceola County clerks site (OCA's Federal Tax Lien was filed in Osceola County with Baez's law firm as the address)

Only the document on file under OCA's name is the tax lien document that the IRS filed May 17, 2011
There are no court records filed indicating that the tax lien was satisfied/paid

OCA has until Dec 1 2020 to refile for the 2008 tax period.

2020? That's eight more years!
No wonder our government's tax collections are in such a mess.

The whole thing about "the money" is that unless it was given to Casey Anthony in cash $$$ (which I doubt) it will be traceable. Whether the money was given to Casey herself or someone else, taxes will have to be paid on the money.

Now if "the money" was placed into the account of a certain "foundation", the money going into that account would be recorded... wouldn't it? The only way to not claim money going into the foundation is cash donations, right?

I also don't know if I believe Casey has been given hundreds of thousands of dollars for the videos? I just don't see it? Who has hundreds of thousands of dollars to hand over to Casey with no way to make the money back from their "investment?"

I do think that the Fed's are keeping an eye on Casey though. Her computer activity is probably monitored very closely. Any signs of her getting into accounts, making purchases, etc... is probably being watched. The IRS is probably really, really interested in Casey Anthony and the IRS is nothing to mess with.
And that brings a question? Why hasn't Casey been arrested for tax evasion? Everyone knows she made that money off selling pictures of Caylee back in 2008. It was all admitted to in open court? Whether Casey signed over the money to Jose or not, she still had to pay taxes on it?

The IRS doesn't just simply let you claim, "Oops, I already spent it all... sorry?" She owes the money and cannot just claim she doesn't "have it." Can she?

YEP! You can away with murdering your child but you will NOT get away with not paying your taxes!

Cindy 13k
George 13k
Lee 13k
Mallory 13k
Pastor 13k

BBM, Total all that up=$65k. Hmmm. They'd probably ask for a deduction, but then what about the other outstanding debts:floorlaugh: More talk shows? Lol, not hardly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08