Sidebar Discussion #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Frey's deception took him into a deep pit...as it should. But was it illegal? Did he get arrested and do time for publishing lies? Possibly someone sued him, which is about the only legal consequence a lying author faces.

It's an incredibly stupid thing JB is doing. People know the facts and there is documentation showing much of what he says is either embellished or just a flat out lie. Will he get away with it? Probably. But hopefully he won't get rich off it. And maybe, just maybe, the true backlash will be that Casey's retail value plummets.

I loved James Frey's book, and was somewhat disappointed when he admitted not all of it was true, but as far as I know he is the only person he hurt with his embellishments. Baez' and Casey's lies are malicious, intended to humiliate George, just for revenge, and avoid justice - that is completely different IMO.

You're talking about sales using the graph but the graph is NOT showing sales. It's showing sales rank. Big difference. You chose Sales Rank in the drop down menu instead of Book Sales.

Doesn't really matter though. A bomb is a bomb. I bet Jose thought his bikinis, oops, I mean books would beat JA's book and hit the NYT list too. lolololol

Maybe he should offer a free bikini with each book sold....:floorlaugh:

celebration-toast-with-champagne.jpg

You're talking about sales using the graph but the graph is NOT showing sales. It's showing sales rank. Big difference. You chose Sales Rank in the drop down menu instead of Book Sales.

Doesn't really matter though. A bomb is a bomb. I bet Jose thought his bikinis, oops, I mean books would beat JA's book and hit the NYT list too. lolololol

Must you get picky about it........:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Hi Jose if you're reading here...:seeya:

Just want to remind you that "A Bomb" is not the same thing as "Da Bomb".

You are welcome.....:seeya:

Can you do that going back with Jeffs bk.

Atthelake - the fairest way I could find to do this was by the last three months sales. I used AMAZON.com only numbers (US sales only) for this comparison.
First is JA book last three months, then JB book last three months (which includes pre-orders ((and we are 'told' this was a much anticipated:what: book)) and also includes first week sales)

Below that is the AMAZON.com only numbers (US sales only)
Jeff's book the first two months - BLEW HIM OUT THE OF THE WATER. Also, Jeff hit #6 and low 90's was the highest *I* have seen JB book.

Hope this helps - it will be easier once it has been a few months to do a better apples for apples comparison.

3month.jpg

:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:
JAfirsttwomonths.jpg

Direct links for those who have eyes like me and would like to see this bigger! LOL
Top pic: http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/LifeCoachOnTheCouch/ws silly/3month.jpg
Bottom pic:http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/LifeCoachOnTheCouch/ws silly/JAfirsttwomonths.jpg

Speaking of BOMBS-HELLS......

Go up to Social Media. I am posting a link to a blog that came across my twitter. It has to do with JB and publisher getting caught writing their own reviews on Amazon, etc.

Don't know how credible it is, but IT IS WORTH A VISIT JUST TO LOOK AT THE PHOTOSHOPPED PICTURE OF JOSE.....:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I loved James Frey's book, and was somewhat disappointed when he admitted not all of it was true, but as far as I know he is the only person he hurt with his embellishments. Baez' and Casey's lies are malicious, intended to humiliate George, just for revenge, and avoid justice - that is completely different IMO.

Yes, you are right of course - but don't forget that Oprah was publicly embarrassed :floorlaugh:

But he lost everything, his job, his home in NY, his fiance...he had to relocate to LA and start overagain. I saw a great interview with him after the dust settled. A talented man who made a huge mistake early in his career.

What Baez has done IMO is far dirtier and just plan nasty. And I hope sue-able.

I have a question for y'all since I don't frequent the Caylee threads too often;

Where did the info/speculation about FCA getting chunky come from? I mean, I totally believe it. FCA wasn't really coming across as a big health nut.

I just really want to know if it's true and if it is.....I WANT PICKSHURES!!!!

Sorry. I honestly don't even know why I care, but sadly, I do. So embarrassing.

I think it is because of the dog, she's as happy as a pig in chit to have the little varmit and they share licorice and cheetos.

JMO of course. :) Here she is after a few more years of bella vita land!

old_lady.jpg

This Youtube video demonstrates how to find an Amazon review of JB's book that is written by Ron Manta (Sparker) - but in following the wish list of this reviewer it seems that it was actually - guess who - Baez.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zikwL7jLyA&feature=youtube"]MantaBaezAVI - YouTube[/ame]

I agree wholeheartedly. I just don't think there is any law against writing lies.

Now, there can be backlash, maybe even legal backlash if an author is sued. But that's only if someone has valid reason and then sees fit to challenge him by legal means.

However...he could easily be challenged by the media, cornered with the right questions and not allowed to slither away with some evasive answer.

Bottom line for me : There is just no comparison for what Frey did (wrote lies that harmed his credibility and publicly embarrassed Oprah) and what JB is doing (writing and speaking lies that are harming others for whom there is no evidence of wrongdoing and trying to garner sympathy for a wrongfully acquitted murderer).

:behind:
Baez is offering a 8x10 picture of himself
if you send him a picture of yourself holding up his book

Gosh, did he specify what body part you have to use? :behind:

I only ask, cause a couple of my fellow searchers are obtaining their conceal carry and I know they are always looking for targets for practice.
The photo might be perfect!?!?!

He just wants to try to 'lure' us into giving him our address so he can sue all of us who speak the truth! LMAO JK - or am I????

Speaking of BOMBS-HELLS......

Go up to Social Media. I am posting a link to a blog that came across my twitter. It has to do with JB and publisher getting caught writing their own reviews on Amazon, etc.

Don't know how credible it is, but IT IS WORTH A VISIT JUST TO LOOK AT THE PHOTOSHOPPED PICTURE OF JOSE.....:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I just posted the link to it!
Great minds think alike :woohoo::woohoo:

"JB strolled into Walmart at 3am on X-mas and bought a hacksaw to cut little Caylee's skull open with his unprepared ME."

Quoting this from a news junkies reply on amazon (I am constantly getting the updates in my emails lol).

Is this in the book? Did he really do this??

The show was not booking Baez for a later appearance - that sentence speaks volumes. The jig is up Mr B..... no one is buying your book and Piers Morgan's ratings are so low at the moment they need interesting people to attract an audience, not reptilian characters to alienate them.

Baez is sitting in his closet as we speak.

:woohoo:

Here tis
This is said to be JB reviewing himself.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A2LAZW8V3KTPJT/ref=cm_cr_pr_auth_rev?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview"]Amazon.com: Profile For Ron Manta: Reviews@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51C4C8e2LdL.@@AMEPARAM@@51C4C8e2LdL[/ame]

Oh, LG...I know this is a serious post, but I had to chuckle about his struggle with addition. Can you imagine writing a whole book about that?

Long division has been a lifelong struggle For me......

Is that a joke, Hand??? Seriously? Can you tell us where you saw that? I remember you said you don't know how to link....

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Ermmm - is His picture free???

Logical, just make sure you try not to let it show you are at the bookstore and never bought it!

That sure would make a mean Christmas gift - literally mean as in evil! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member