Sidebar from 6/24 released

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why didn't Cindy hide her checkbook? You'd think after the first couple dozen stolen checks, that thought would occur to her.

In addition to writing checks, she was also transfering money via computer from one of her mother's accounts to (mostly) pay her phone bill. From the documents I've seen, she stole thousands of dollars from Cynthia. I will search and post my source if you like...

The following is from Hinky Meter's Timeline and Discovery (begins January 8, 2008):

8 – Check clears that KC had written for $121.66 at Target on CA’s acct.

24 – KC owes $180.21 on cell phone bill.

26 – KC writes $84.86 check at Target on CA’s acct.

28 – KC transfers $180.21 from CA’s BoA money market savings acct to KC’s AT&T account to pay phone bill.

29 – KC writes $52.05 check at Target on CA’s acct.

31 – KC writes a check to herself for $60.00 on CA’s acct.

31 – KC writes $48.95 check at Target on CA’s acct.

February:

5 – KC writes a check to herself for $120.00 on CA’s acct.

6 – KC writes a check to herself for $75.00 on CA’s acct.

18 – KC writes $64.86 check at Target on CA’s acct.

19 – CA transfers $200.88 into BoA money market acct to cover remainder of KC’s bill and $35 overdraft fee.

KC writes $83.75 check at Target on CA’s acct.

20 – KC writes $158.93 check at Target on CA’s acct.

22 – KC writes $31.28 check at Kmart on CA’s acct.

KC writes $58.49 check at Ross on CA’s acct.

23 – KC writes $106.41 check at Walgreens on CA’s acct.

26 – KC writes $20.52 check at Michael’s on CA’s acct.

27 – KC owes $160.57 on cell phone bill.

28 – KC writes $84.93 check at Target on CA’s acct.

29 – KC transfers $160.57 from CA’s BoA money market savings acct to KC’s AT&T account to pay phone bill.

March:

3 – KC writes $65.34 check at Target on CA’s acct.

4 – KC writes $61.61 check at Target on CA’s acct.

KC writes $64.86 check at Ross on CA’s acct.

6 – 3:49 pm google search performed on Anthony desktop for “hide + myspace”
3:52 pm google search performed on Anthony desktop for “hide + blog”
CA worked 8:00 am to 5:30 pm

KC writes $50.00 check at Walgreens on CA’s acct.

9 – KC writes $58.92 check at Target on CA’s acct.

KC writes $35.80 check at Michael’s on CA’s acct.

10 – KC writes $24.94 check at Publix on CA’s acct.

KC writes $86.55 check at Kmart on CA’s acct.

11 – 12:11 am three google searches performed on Anthony desktop for “casey + anthony”
12:12 am three google searches performed on “casey + anthony” and one google search performed on “casey + marie + anthony”
12:13 am google search performed on “casey + marie + anthony” and google search performed on “colonial + high + school”
CA worked 8am to 5pm

KC writes $45.62 check at Walgreens on CA’s acct.

13 – 11:44 am google search performed on Anthony desktop for “lost + numbers”
12:17 am google search performed for “bustdown”
CA worked 8:30 am to 5:30 pm

14 – CA transfer $191.56 into BoA money market acct to cover remainder of KC’s bill and $35 overdraft fee. It appears CA may have closed acct at this point as there is no further activity shown past this date.

I think you need to read up on psychopathy. There is no cure and therapy just makes them better mimics. Empathy and a conscience is what separates us from animals. Casey lacks both...and I think I just insulted my dog with that last comment.

This is the best break down of the odds that your kids turn out ok that I have ever seen.
Good genes, good parents= good kids 100%
Good genes, bad parents= good kids 50%
Bad genes, good parents=bad kid 50%
Bad genes, bad parents= bad kids 100%

I enjoyed the part about George's gambling getting Cindy's paycheck garnished. Just another reason why I have no sympathy for this person.

Depends on your view. Habitual gambling falls into the same basic category as alcoholism. It's a disease. Not advocating what he did, but CA must have known he had the problem or I can't imagine why she wouldn't have just pushed him out the door and gone on with her own life. She didn't, so that tells me she thought he was redeemable. In my view, ICA did the same thing cashing hundreds of checks on her mother's account. She was being reckless with money especially if it was money that didn't belong to her. Same thing as gambling the way I see it. Everything was at her "disposal". That's the possible tie in to ICA's behavior that resulted from the dysfunction between her parents. When GA on occasion came back to life's reality and wanted to reign in ICA, Cindy would intervene with "I'll handle it". When or if ICa tried to be a mother, I can see Cindy seeing her inexperience and instead of allowing her to try, she stepped in and "handled it". Took over as mother instead of assisting. So, ICA resumed her position as was by being the irresponsible, immature spoiled brat kid. She certainly did and Cindy handled it all, didn't she? I do have some compassion for Cindy but, I see her as the biggest enabler in this entire family.

Trust ME....KC would have met her match with me! She would have received the beat down of her life from me and I'm not joking. Cindy and George may have been afraid of KC, but I'm not. She could have plotted my demise all she wanted to, but she would have never stolen from me again, nor threatened to take my grandchild out of my house where I was paying all the bills. Even though it is hard to do, if I had to take her to court for custody, I would have. Too many parents today placate their children and try to be their friends and do not teach them to respect them and other adults.

I'm on the fence whether KC was truly planning to kill CA and GA or if she was just telling another one of her lies to impress Amy. Those searches about weapons, neck breaking, etc. make me believe that she'd given it more than just a thought. LOL.

As children grow up they should be learning life lessons, whether through guidance from their parents or the hard way.

Clearly the Anthonys were passive for a myriad of reasons with KC, and it didn't just start when she got pregnant. I'd bet my house that she has been the way she is her entire life.

Sometimes a good swift kick in the behind is in order. I am old school, just like my parents were! They did not play, had rules and expectations for all of their children and made sure that we were responsible for our actions. They showed us plenty of love, but they did not placate, overindulge, nor act like the kids ran the house and they definitely weren't afraid of their children.

My dad always told us, if you go to jail for something that you did that broke the law, I will not bail you out. That scared us 3 girls straight for LIFE! LOL

It usually does not work that way with sociopaths. The"beat down" works only on a temporary basis. They do not process guilt or consequences the same way normal people do. Part of the nightmare for responsible, strong parents of these type of kids is that nothing works. IMO

That to me is just another example of how cowardly she is!

Bold enough to kill, but only a toddler..not someone her own size. COWARD. What, are we to think it's just a baby, so who cares? She wasn't as old as Casey, after all - now that's a REAL life! UGH.

Bold enough to steal, but only from her mild and meek grandmother, and her mother. It wasn't until after she committed murder that she began stealing money from Amy's checks. Any stealing other than that would have been opportunistic, not signing someone's checks in their names like Shirley, Cindy, and eventually Amy. COWARD.

A coward still needs to face the consequences. Needle!!

You're right! She needs to finally "GROW UP"!!!!!! I'm sure the State of Fla. criminal justice system is quite willing to allow that while she is incarcerated.

That to me is just another example of how cowardly she is!

Bold enough to kill, but only a toddler..not someone her own size. COWARD. What, are we to think it's just a baby, so who cares? She wasn't as old as Casey, after all - now that's a REAL life! UGH.

Bold enough to steal, but only from her mild and meek grandmother, and her mother. It wasn't until after she committed murder that she began stealing money from Amy's checks. Any stealing other than that would have been opportunistic, not signing someone's checks in their names like Shirley, Cindy, and eventually Amy. COWARD.

A coward still needs to face the consequences. Needle!!

Exactly how I feel! Someone so bold and powerful would have taken the stand. I normally do not agree with NB, but on her show she said almost the same thing. She wasn't brave enough to stand up to LDB in cross, she instead took her rage out on those she could control.

COWARD!

Regarding George:

Ashton: There's no evidence that he lied. First you got to show he lied before you do a motive.
Baez: No, you don't.

Huh?

Does anyone know if we will get to see many more of the sidebar transcripts? I would like to see more of them...

:waitasec:

I still maintain Casey is not like other children, she was NEVER like other children. She probably seemed just like any other child.

BINGO! The diagnosis of sociopathy (antisocial personality disorder) cannot be made until a person is 18 years old. There is no effective treatment for sociopathy. CA and GA were in an untenable situation, even if they suspected ICA was a sociopath...and I don't believe they did suspect that.

Picture yourself in this situation: Your adult daughter and your granddaughter live with you. You have NO custodial rights as a grandparent. You may know you need to seek custody, but you simply do not have enough evidence that the child is in danger to actually get custody. Your daughter holds this over your head, effectively blackmailing you. You believe that if you push her too far, she will take the granddaughter and leave (she has every legal right to do so)...and you may never see either of them again.

Search your heart...could you really force the situation and run the risk of losing your child and your grandchild? I couldn't.

BINGO! The diagnosis of sociopathy (antisocial personality disorder) cannot be made until a person is 18 years old. There is no effective treatment for sociopathy. CA and GA were in an untenable situation, even if they suspected ICA was a sociopath...and I don't believe they did suspect that.

Picture yourself in this situation: Your adult daughter and your granddaughter live with you. You have NO custodial rights as a grandparent. You may know you need to seek custody, but you simply do not have enough evidence that the child is in danger to actually get custody. Your daughter holds this over your head, effectively blackmailing you. You believe that if you push her too far, she will take the granddaughter and leave (she has every legal right to do so)...and you may never see either of them again.

Search your heart...could you really force the situation and run the risk of losing your child and your grandchild? I couldn't.

I don't have to place myself in this situation because I AM already in it. Believe me, it's not must a matter of the mom taking the granddaughter and leaving. There's the child's welfare to be considered. What will happen to her if you're not there to protect her? What will happen to her if mommy gets into one of her 'moods' and the baby is on her last nerve that day? What will happen the first time the mom wants to go meet up with some guy without having to drag the baby along? We all know what happened to Caylee.

People keep saying "I would get custody". I'd like to see them try. Until they do, they have no idea how difficult it is to take a child away from it's mother.

Such an interesting read. JB is like a kid at the adult's table. At one point, on pg. 12, when JP and CM are swapping theory of defense cases back and forth, JB has to pipe up.

On the final page, where LDB talks about the "hundred of checks," and JB responds, "It's her mother," it seems like he's trying to imply that they were written with CA's permission? Did CA give testimony in her deposition about Casey writing the checks on her account, or was that only in police interviews? I don't know. What was he getting at?

Also, how the heck would GA's gambling debts lead to CA's paycheck being garnished? The only debts that I am aware of that would lead to a paycheck being garnished are taxes and child support. What entity would have the authority to garnish for gambling debts?

Such an interesting read. JB is like a kid at the adult's table. At one point, on pg. 12, when JP and CM are swapping theory of defense cases back and forth, JB has to pipe up.

On the final page, where LDB talks about the "hundred of checks," and JB responds, "It's her mother," it seems like he's trying to imply that they were written with CA's permission? Did CA give testimony in her deposition about Casey writing the checks on her account, or was that only in police interviews? I don't know. What was he getting at?

Also, how the heck would GA's gambling debts lead to CA's paycheck being garnished? The only debts that I am aware of that would lead to a paycheck being garnished are taxes and child support. What entity would have the authority to garnish for gambling debts?

It appears to date the only proof of anyone maxing out CA's credit cards was KC. They both admitted she owed her mother $4,000 that KC claims to have paid back with a fake deposit slip. jmo

Yes but why didn't CA stop KC from writing unapproved checks from her account? That's hard for me to understand.

CMA - Cynthia Marie Anthony or Casey Marie Anthony.

All it would take would be a fake ID to go to the bank and order new checks, order a new debit card.

Or it could be as simple as calling the bank and ordering new checks or saying you have lost your debit card and need to order a new one.

Or going online to do the same.

Then, just intercepting the mail before CA got home.

I can't believe Cindy would let this go on with both GA and KC robbing her blind.

All it would have taken is ONE time for me and I would have been at the bank putting a FRAUD ALERT on my account, changing the account numbers, requiring additional forms of ID for anyone to access my account, etc.

I would have also put a FRAUD ALERT and a CREDIT FREEZE on my credit reports so NO ONE could open any new credit accounts in my name.

I can't believe it went on as long as it didd.

This transcript of a June 24th sidebar was just released:
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/28418405/detail.html

New information contained within:
1.) George's gambling lead to Cindy's paycheck being garnished
2.) Casey wrote "hundreds, literally hundreds" of checks on her mother's accounts per LDB.

Sheesh!

Hmm, I didn't see anything about gambling. What page is it on pls?

Hundreds of checks, no telling how much money. I wonder in what time frame?

Over the past three years, I've read that KC stole anywhere between $45 and $65 thousand dollars from her parents, by using checks and credit cards. And they let her live there still! I think her upbringing and her own psyche caused the imperfect storm that caused KC to grow up so narcissisic (SP) that Caylee suffered the "ultimate sanction."

Much of what is in the sidebars, IMHO, relates to info that we here have already read and discussed which is not being brought into evidence. KC even stole from Lee and of course AH.

She has been so coddled and her lies were in effect believed by her parents because they didn't challenge her - so IMHO she is used to lying and changing stories and has learned that there are no consequences. Now there are consequences and she can't handle it. She tried to fool LE, the defense, and the state. And now she will try to fool the jury. I am hoping that doesn't happen.

If I were an inmate w/KC I would sure be more than a little worried that she'd land on my block, take over my hood, and start some major doo doo.

I think ICA was using Caylee as blackmail and also saying she was buying stuff for Caylee. Still, at some point, I would have called Casey's bluff and opened a new account, set it up online with no statements coming to the house and kept my spare checks at the office. Did ICA ever overdraft Cindy's account? How did she keep enough to pay bills?

CA busted her own 401K account to clear up all the debt between GA and KC. She probably has zero retirement benefits coming to her. IMHO KC and GA are very much alike with their risky behaviorisms. KC and CA appear to be alike in their ferocious "come and try to get me/stop me" attitudes and their propensity to lie. I'm not sure yet about GA and lying. Can't decide for sure.

If it had been me, I would have sent Caylee and GA to a weekend getaway, kicked KC out, got a restraining order, and not let her have her daughter. KC and CA could have battled that out in court.

I wish I could. Let's just say I have a 21 year old daughter who lives with me and this little sweetie is my granddaughter:

My daughter gave birth to a son 4 months after graduating from high school. It's a good thing she did not marry the father in my opinion. I gave him his first bath in the hospital and helped raise him. She never used him against me, but it did cause a strain every now and then. I would not let her spank him in anger, for instance. She had to calm down then punish him. That made her mad but I didn't care. Can't tell you how many times that little one ran and hid behind me. As long as he was punished safely, I was OK with it. She would get upset and leave every now and then, but was a good mom except for her temper. When she did move out, my grandson was almost 10 years old and they just lived down the street from me. Guess what, he's 19 and came to live w/me a few years ago because of the temper thing with his mom. If a grandparent is involved I think they do need to draw the line. I was terrified that she'd leave and take him from me, but also realized that they both needed to bond and that my daughter would not leave her comfort zone if I did not make her. So I told her she was moving out and helped her set up her first apartment. She didn't take it well because she was scared, but eventually she was able to get out from under my shadow. She is now married and has a good job - makes more money than I do. And the young man is cleaning his bedroom as I type. The point is that most of us posters know how to set limits and to parent, unlike Mrs. Anthony. The best interest of the child always needs to come first.

I have a granddaughter who is 12 that I rarely get to see. Her mother moved her drug-addicted drug-selling father into their 2-bedroom state-subsidized apartment. My granddaughter's grandfather goes to jail at least 6 times a year for drug charges. When she told me he was sleeping in her bedroom, she quickly followed up with "but I sleep with my mommy." Now, I already knew her mom was sleeping on the couch because she also had her brother living with her. So, I called Child Protective Services. I've only seen my granddaughtret once since then and I miss her a lot. But at least the grandfather is not sleeping in her bed!

But let's just say this. Would anyone trust ICA around their animals??? No, I wouldn't trust her to be near my animals not even 10 feet. ICA is a twisted individual and she enjoys putting others through pain, who knows if her need to hurt others would extend to those who have fur as well.

A caller on one show (JVM or NG) asked how do we know that CA's sleepy dogs weren't victims of KC's choloroform experimentation. I thought that was a velly iiiiteresting question.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalalala
Back