MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis - June 20 & 21,2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the MIL testify if she has been watching the proceedings thus far from inside the courtroom? I'm still wavering on whether the MRS will make her appearance as a witness. It will open her up to cross, which I'm hoping will allow social media to be brought up.

Good questions.

I dont know the rules in SC. In the Travis Alexander case in Arizona I believe the rules were the witnesses could not be in courtroom if they had not testified yet.

ETA I suppose they could get all information from tweets anyway even if they were not in courtroom so its probably hard for a judge to control what witnesses do before they testify.

Tomorrow's going to be a very big day for this trial. I actually do think it could be all over by Friday. I think the expert surveillance guy is going to take quite a while, at least half a day. After that, I think they will end with Bri. Just my opinion.

Agree. Think the State is saving Bri for last.

People at her work knew before that day. He knew people at her work. Probably went through the grapevine and he was tipped off by a coworker.

I'm not sure a tip off by a coworker would be enough to make Sidney run to Walmart and buy a preg test.

Agree. Think the State is saving Bri for last.

Agree. I hope she is the hammer blow with what she heard HE tell her.

That and more physical forensic evidence would be nice maybe from the home or truck. Any blood splatter or hair or something like that may have been found in their home.

Yea it probably wouldn't matter a whole lot but it sure looked fishy how quick he jumped up.

From what I remember one of the pay phones he was said to have used ended up getting destroyed by an unknown person shortly after the news broke that LE had video of the pay phone area. I believe SM was going to try to claim the phone never worked and didn't realize LE had gotten the phone records for that phone. Something like that. Not sure if I have remembered it all correctly.

I don't trust any of their side after some of the things that went on. Remember TE having someone threaten him at his business.

Crazy stuff going on and I wouldn't put it past one of their side to think destroying the cameras may help his case if jury cant see them.

I think somebody from here went to the payphone a month or two later and it was no longer working. Then more recently somebody drove by it and it was gone altogether. From my memory of payphones I came across a lot of them in my day that would work sometimes and have no dial tone at other times. It's hard to say if somebody intentionally broke it for SM, or if it just stopped working because it was not uncommon for that to happen in my experience.

I'm not sure a tip off by a coworker would be enough to make Sidney run to Walmart and buy a preg test.

All JMO

Yeah I know what you mean unless he found out days before and was stewing over it and decided that day to carry out the plan.

Even the manager of the restarant may have talked to him about it since there was some minor disruptions going on related to his relationship and an employee.

I dont think the date had any ties to SM that we know of. He seemed like an honest person just going on a normal date.
With that said I would not put it past SM to have used someone to setup a fake date just to try to dig information out of HE.
I don't put anything past SM or TM.

Sometimes when I get up in the middle of the night to pee, I have a song in my head that I can't get out. For instance, over the weekend it was the theme song to Orange is the New Black since I binge watched it.

I feel quite certain tonight it's going to just be a phrase repeating....over and over....

And that phrase will be, "If you don't mind."

:banghead:
On trial days like today, a much needed LOL is always appreciated! Thank you for this. You won't be alone with either of those 'ear worms'!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I am watching today's trial delayed on You Tube. I thought SS was very credible but I did find he told a lie. When defense attorney asked him if HE had asked him to stay the night SS said he was tired and probably wouldn't have stayed. I believe he would have jumped at the opportunity to stay :)

Jan 2014 got Wal Mart surveillance from Dec 18, 2013. Bethea observed SM drive into this WM. Collected footage from WM surveillance State Exhibit 56- surveillance showing SM in his F-150 truck (parked in handicapped spot) walks into WM, asks associate where something is located, receipt showed he purchased a pregnancy test and cigar type cigarette purchased with cash.

BOMB SHELL

IMO

Now we know why TM tried so hard to get bond by claiming she was pregnant (yet refused to see the jail's medical staff and there's been no mention of a baby since). They wanted to be able to say that he was clearly buying the test for TM!

What's important with this new bombshell about the pregnancy test being purchased, is not whether Heather was actually still pregnant if she ever was, but that Sidney thought she could be or was pregnant. And there he is right on video purchasing the pregnancy test and 15 minutes later he's calling her from a payphone. All in the very morning hours she goes missing and is never seen or heard from again.

And not only do they know Sid had a black truck, but there he is on video with his black truck in the morning hours in which Heather went missing and within the span of time that a black truck matching that description was caught on two different surveillance cameras.

(Still think the state has nothing??)

Don't forget, there's still a video expert that will probably do all of that for her when he takes the stand. But ya, not fast forwarding the video was so dumb. They can give the whole video to the jurors to watch during deliberations, but there is no need to play 10 minutes of nothing happening during the trial.

I think they showed the video continuously so as to demonstrate the roads were very quiet and only one vehicle within the crucial ten minute period passed those cameras.

Just got thru all the updates - thank you all so much again!!!

The pregnancy test at walmart really is a bombshell!!! Though I don't know how he knew that she might be preggo, I think he bought the test to lure her. IMO, I think that's how he got her to come with him - the 'trap' the prosecutor spoke of yesterday. After that, he took her somewhere and murdered her. I also believe TM was with him, probably hiding in the truck.

What a day! I think it was a good day & certainly interesting about SM buying a pregnancy test an hour or so before he called HE. I'm still not convinced 100% that it's just open and shut that the defense will roll over & say "you got me". We need the jury to be 100% sure what happened next to convict. Please let tomorrow for great & Bri have info that we haven't heard yet!

IMO

Now we know why TM tried so hard to get bond by claiming she was pregnant (yet refused to see the jail's medical staff and there's been no mention of a baby since). They wanted to be able to say that he was clearly buying the test for TM!

Makes sense now doesn't it!! I just thought it was part of her mental illness back then.

If the pregnancy test was for Tammy, It would have been discovered at the M's house when it was searched. It's not like they ever took the garbage out.

Bahahaha!!!

^^^
That's my 'Post of the Day' vote!

Agree. I hope she is the hammer blow with what she heard HE tell her.

That and more physical forensic evidence would be nice maybe from the home or truck. Any blood splatter or hair or something like that may have been found in their home.

Then that will be their best kept secret. The state and the defense have both said there's no physical evidence of a crime and there was testimony to that effect. And discovery is over.

The circumstantial case is made of relationship history tying the victim and the accused together, and a trail of contacts ending with the victim's car at a location where it appears the accused also went after a fateful phone call set the whole thing up.

The lie about that fateful call and the purchase of a pregnancy test right before it are probably as big as the evidence gets, other than Bri disclosing the rest of what was said, which may tie the whole thing together. And there will presumably be compelling testimony on the vehicle video.

It appears the motive was SM being told or simply believing that HE was pregnant and that's at the core of the diabolical plot that has her missing.

If he had found a way to get to her without that pay phone call (like showing up unannounced) and her car had ended up somewhere besides PTL, she'd likely still be considered a missing person with no explanation as to how or why she disappeared. And I'm still not sure about the PTL piece. It could be that the shopping trip is an example that there were lots of moving parts before the PTL scene, whatever that was about.

JMO

So now we know the motive. Sydney wanted her dead when he thought or learned she was pregnant. One of the oldest motives in the book for lying liars who lie and cheating cheaters who cheat who then murder the mistress.

Honestly, if I were on the jury, I have seen and heard enough at this point to convict with a clear conscience. I have zero doubt that he kidnapped and murdered her. I've tried to approach this with an open mind and see if there's anything that would lead me to believe he might be innocent and what I've seen and heard points to him and TM and only them.

image.jpg HE suitcase
image.jpg Bri's room (locked per LE who unlocked via Search Warrant)
image.jpg HE bedroom
image.jpg HE bedroom
image.jpg Living Room couch

Sometimes when I get up in the middle of the night to pee, I have a song in my head that I can't get out. For instance, over the weekend it was the theme song to Orange is the New Black since I binge watched it.

I feel quite certain tonight it's going to just be a phrase repeating....over and over....

And that phrase will be, "If you don't mind."

:banghead:

Me too :pullhair: She got on my nerves so bad today, I had to stop watching. I think she would be just as effective with a little less repeating and going into detail about EVERY little thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMpavashootski