Sidney Moorer pretrial hearing - 13 June 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to the admissibility of the statements by BW? Was that her sitting there in the blue dress? I know they said they were going to be working on the admissibility of some documents between now and next Monday...wonder where she comes in...To me her statement is VITAL to proving the kidnapping.

I thought the defense was going to challenge BW's testimony. Will that be another hearing?

Didn't sound to me like there are any planned/scheduled hearings until Monday. Maybe it was just rumor her testimony was going to try to be suppressed??

One thing I learned from today is that SM admitted (not at first, but eventually) to calling HE from the pay phone. I'm not sure I knew that before.

I hate it when they schedule a hearing and then go in back chambers somewhere and work out deals...

Did anyone catch the smile from SM to the cute girl in the dress that walked by? Hope TM didn't see it, he's going to be in trouble.

Defense claimed that SM immediately within seconds, changed his claim of not calling Heather. Prosection said it was days later.

I dunno, the State had a bunch of witnesses lined up and ready to take the stand.

here's a MSM update:

Defense attorney Kirk Truslow told the judge that they would waive the right to challenge statements given to police during an interview after Elvis was reported missing..

Judge Dennis told the parties involved that he would read their cases thoroughly and render a decision Tuesday or Wednesday.

http://wbtw.com/2016/06/13/watch-li...rt-for-motions-hearing-in-heather-elvis-case/

I dunno, the State had a bunch of witnesses lined up and ready to take the stand.

here's a MSM update:

Defense attorney Kirk Truslow told the judge that they would waive the right to challenge statements given to police during an interview after Elvis was reported missing..

Judge Dennis told the parties involved that he would read their cases thoroughly and render a decision Tuesday or Wednesday.

http://wbtw.com/2016/06/13/watch-li...rt-for-motions-hearing-in-heather-elvis-case/

Why would someone voluntarily waive their rights? What does SM get out of it?

I read on Facebook discussion page that the defense withdrew all the other motions. I wonder where to look and see if that's what happened?

And yes I saw the smile to the cute girl walking by. Honestly how he could smile at anything is annoying to me...I would be scared sh**tless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would someone voluntarily waive their rights? What does SM get out of it?

JMO, but with the gag order in place, and now the judge reviewing the case behind closed doors - he will be able to render his decision without revealing anything about the case. Total lack of transparency here :gaah:

I don't like this judge...it seemed like he wanted to just make the point that even if they try them separately the evidence will still be admitted. He also said it wouldn't be much prejudice to the state to try them separately. I hope that's true that all evidence can be admitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And where was TM and the rest of the family? Just Polly being there is really odd to me. This is what TM's been begging for, to tell their side, if you can believe one word she has to say.

Motion hearings are usually not that well-attended because they go quickly and are nothing like the trial itself. They are procedural matters and just like the judge did, decisions can often be made later. It's a lot of "so is that it?"

Motion hearings are usually not that well-attended because they go quickly and are nothing like the trial itself. They are procedural matters and just like the judge did, decisions can often be made later. It's a lot of "so is that it?"

No, we were supposed to hear pre-trial issues on the following motions we only heard on the "quash" and that won't get a ruling for another day or two. Trial starts Monday, June 20th:

Motion: SM prohibit “the introduction of certain evidence,” including staged photographs of the Ms posing with a firearm while on vacation; statements made by TM, in any form, to or about Heather Elvis or the Elvis family; all communication between SM and TM; all photographs explicit in nature obtained from the Ms; and other prejudicial and non-probative evidence.

Motion: attempting to “quash,” which means to annul or void, the obstruction of justice charge, and an additional motion was submitted seeking to prohibit the charges of kidnapping and obstruction of justice from being tried together.

Motion: SM wants to throw out “any evidence of hearsay statements purported to have been made by Heather Elvis,” including the testimony of Elvis’ former roommate, BW. On Dec. 18, 2013, the day Elvis was last heard from, SM spoke to Elvis from a payphone at Mr. Joe White Avenue in Myrtle Beach for more than four minutes.

Motion: The defense also goes after the Horry County police and former Elvis case prosecutor Donna Elder in a court document that is labeled as a response to state plea negotiations. The document states an offer made to Sidney Moorer should be admissible, and goes on to state: “In particular, it would be admissible to show a true picture of the conduct, bias, and immensely inadequate investigation and handling of this case by law enforcement and prosecutor at the time, Donna Elder.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech