Similarities to other Cases. Melinda Duckett, Diane Downs and more

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL....I think your giving KC's *looks* way too much credit.....to me she looks about average.

Major interest in this case came from the fact Caylee was not reported missing for 31 days (our own headline here @ WS says "a month").

Add to it the release of CA last 911 call, & the next days news that ALL of the people/places KC took LE to turned out to be LIES.....

KC's (& family's) actions & NON actions have kept this a media circus.

I agree .. I mean they haven't even used all of the bad pictures on NG yet .. I don't think it was her looks. I think it was partially because Caylee is very cute, and she tugged at people's heartstrings, but also because it wasn't reported & most of all, her lies.

I could tell from the OP's post. It was just a joke.
yeah me too,I live in Idaho and lived in Montana I knew it was Native no offense meant.:)
It is funny though it happened practicly in my back yard but I didnt hear about it.Weird.

LOL....I think your giving KC's *looks* way too much credit.....to me she looks about average.

Major interest in this case came from the fact Caylee was not reported missing for 31 days (our own headline here @ WS says "a month").

Add to it the release of CA last 911 call, & the next days news that ALL of the people/places KC took LE to turned out to be LIES.....

(Lol) You know after some personal inventory which included my own long and unhappy history with psychopathic brunettes I reached the conclusion that I probably have been giving Casey too much credit for looks.
Besides her looks are kind of canceled out by that whole sociopath with no soul thing anyway.:)

I agree .. I mean they haven't even used all of the bad pictures on NG yet .. I don't think it was her looks. I think it was partially because Caylee is very cute, and she tugged at people's heartstrings, but also because it wasn't reported & most of all, her lies.

Yikes !!!......Hopefully we won't see the 'rest of the pic's' on NG.

ITA.....it was alot more Caylee's *looks* than KC's.

(Lol) You know after some personal inventory which included my own long and unhappy history with psychopathic brunettes I reached the conclusion that I probably have been giving Casey too much credit for looks.
Besides her looks are kind of canceled out by that whole sociopath with no soul thing anyway.:)

"psychopathic brunettes"........LOL, beware, I'm sure they come in all colors.

I had seen the case of little James prior to it being posted here in Caylees forum. I'll admit I did notice a few older cases of small children close to Caylee's age bumped during the last few months. Whether it was because someone was searching for similiar cases, or happened to stumble across them while searching for something within Caylee's case I don't know.

Few cases, regardless of whether they are rural, or large cities make the national news for as long as this case has. Not only was it shocking the mother never reported her daughter missing and that was left to grandma 31 days later, but the bizzare behavior of not only Casey, but GA, CA, and the players including Padilla kept the circus moving. Without the added bizzare behavior I don't believe this case would have stayed national news as long as it had. Was it worth it? I guess that depends on not only whether Casey is convicted and little Caylee receives justice, but just how tarnished or clean the reputations of the players are from here on out. Time will tell.....

The beginnings of a 'missing' child case certainly seems to get a jump start by the 'media', and the continuing consumption by the public of any new news concerning such a 'mother' and the curious behavior, keep it alive.

I have to wonder the reasons in each case for the individual mothers being so calous and or seemingly unconcerned about the welfare of their babies.

Several years ago one of the shopping TV chanels on Christmas would run round the clock pictures and stories of MISSING CHILDREN.

The media would have to stop showing OR limit such goofy stories about movie stars and their shenanigans, and do more public service to help loving and caring parents of missing children 'whoever' they might be.

The NEWS media would do well to follow the example of the shopping chanel MORE often through out the year. CALL it public service announcements if you will.

The little boy in Montana no doubt was loved by many and was as winsome as little Caylee as well.

Murder is never an answer to a problem, murder IS the problem.

I wonder also if it doesn't have something to do with what stories the major networks choose to pick up and run with. I can't count the number of times that I have heard a tragic story about a child on one of the major news outlets when the story initially breaks but never any further follow up. I've learned to turn to the internet, like so many others have as well, to follow alot of these cases. Caylee's case has been highly unusual and I've even talked with my (adult) son about this to get his take on why this case imparticular has stayed in the forefront. We both pretty much agreed that this story had so many bizarre twists and turns, you couldn't exit it!

This little boy was missing for months, no major interest in the story? Ive never
heard of it until now. How sad.

The beginnings of a 'missing' child case certainly seems to get a jump start by the 'media', and the continuing consumption by the public of any new news concerning such a 'mother' and the curious behavior, keep it alive.

I have to wonder the reasons in each case for the individual mothers being so calous and or seemingly unconcerned about the welfare of their babies.

Several years ago one of the shopping TV chanels on Christmas would run round the clock pictures and stories of MISSING CHILDREN.

The media would have to stop showing OR limit such goofy stories about movie stars and their shenanigans, and do more public service to help loving and caring parents of missing children 'whoever' they might be.

The NEWS media would do well to follow the example of the shopping chanel MORE often through out the year. CALL it public service announcements if you will.

The little boy in Montana no doubt was loved by many and was as winsome as little Caylee as well.

Murder is never an answer to a problem, murder IS the problem.

My bold, didn't want to snip. Not just the media, after all companies are behind the media with paid advertising. If it isn't for beer, or some sex enhancement, or the latest greatest whatever.... Bill Gates has his charities, as does Oprah and umpteen other people with buko bucks. WHY OH WHY are our missing and unidentified so unimportant? Thinking alone of the cost to advertise during the superbowl- and we can forget the babes in bikini's or dumb men commercials for just a moment-.... boy how that money could be spent on the unidentified and missing. (end of rant)

This one just has sooo many different factors ready made for TV.
I mean its true you couldnt make up a story like this and cast it better.
It really isnt about value judgements of victims I hope it didnt seem like I was implying it was.
This case is riveting on a number of levels.

Originally Posted by kline
Someone had posed the question here recently wether this case would have gained such nationwide notoriety minus Casey's looks and the salacious club photos and the Anthony's strange histrionics.
I replied I didnt think so that if it had been some dumpy looking mom in rural area away from the media centers it would be no less of a tragedy but would gain little attention.
I was unaware of this case but maybe some of you are but in Great Falls Montana a woman apparently Native American,Summer Manywhitehorses was arrested for abandoning the body of her two year old son James in the trunk of her car.
Apparently she drove around with the body back there for months all the while avoiding questions about the childs whereabouts from concerned relatives.
Sound familar?

Exactly, tx Dot. For me, it certainly wasn't Casey's looks or her antics at nightclubs, it was about finding that baby! As for Casey's looks, I don't find her attractive at all, not even close. I think CINDY is better looking.

The main focus for me was finding Caylee and deciphering the lies.

The Montana case was discussed here, but became a closed case before we heard of it. Little boy found dead in mom's trunk. Not much to solve about that.

My skin crawls every time I see pictures of Casey on TV and on the web. :sick: At least the Montana perp didn't throw her child away in a garbage bag.

Exactly, tx Dot. For me, it certainly wasn't Casey's looks or her antics at nightclubs, it was about finding that baby! As for Casey's looks, I don't find her attractive at all, not even close. I think CINDY is better looking.

The main focus for me was finding Caylee and deciphering the lies.

The Montana case was discussed here, but became a closed case before we heard of it. Little boy found dead in mom's trunk. Not much to solve about that.

My skin crawls everytime I see pictures of Casey on TV and on the web. :sick: At least the Montana perp didn't throw her child away in a garbage bag.

But she did throw him away in a garbage bag. Granted it was in the back of her trunk, but in a garbage bag no less. Plus she never told anyone about him being there even after he was in the tow yard the police had to go find her here in Great Falls to question her about him then found out. He had many old injuries on him according to his autopsy, so he was basically a piece of trash to her.

Kinda reminds me of the Mother that killed her kid awhile back and put her child in the attic and the neighbors couldnt figure out where the smell was coming from.

Wow! I'm glad to hear that SOMETHING good came out of this whole unfortunate mess of KC et al. One (man, I presume?) gained some wisdom!

Welcome to the rest of the world. Now go find some nice girl who doesn't remind you in any way shape or form of KC or the other PBs you knew, and have a good life.

This little boy was missing for months, no major interest in the story? Ive never
heard of it until now. How sad.

IIRC.....no one finally figured out he was missing for like 6 weeks, seems the mom told relatives the state had taken custody, then told friends that relatives were keeping him.......thus no one reported him 'missing'.......

Sadly no one searched the mom's car when she was arrested for DWI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smfranklin96