Similarities to other Cases. Melinda Duckett, Diane Downs and more

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL....I think your giving KC's *looks* way too much credit.....to me she looks about average.

Major interest in this case came from the fact Caylee was not reported missing for 31 days (our own headline here @ WS says "a month").

Add to it the release of CA last 911 call, & the next days news that ALL of the people/places KC took LE to turned out to be LIES.....

KC's (& family's) actions & NON actions have kept this a media circus.

Plus the fact that Casey wasn't talking. At all.
Most people crack after a short time because they're carrying guilt around and want to get it off their chest so that they can feel better.
She hasn't cracked and that takes her to a level of "evil" if you will, above any mother we've encountered before.

It also makes most people want to solve the mystery of what happened to the child and why.

Exactly, tx Dot. For me, it certainly wasn't Casey's looks or her antics at nightclubs, it was about finding that baby! As for Casey's looks, I don't find her attractive at all, not even close. I think CINDY is better looking.

The main focus for me was finding Caylee and deciphering the lies.

The Montana case was discussed here, but became a closed case before we heard of it. Little boy found dead in mom's trunk. Not much to solve about that.

My skin crawls every time I see pictures of Casey on TV and on the web. :sick: At least the Montana perp didn't throw her child away in a garbage bag.

yep,...... my top focus on this case also.

Plus the fact that Casey wasn't talking. At all.
Most people crack after a short time because they're carrying guilt around and want to get it off their chest so that they can feel better.
She hasn't cracked and that takes her to a level of "evil" if you will, above any mother we've encountered before.

It also makes most people want to solve the mystery of what happened to the child and why.

Oh, KC 'talked' quite a bit early on, problem is, it was mostly LIES.

LOL...apparently she's "cracked" to JB, as he continues to promise us we will hear her "compelling story"...........he must be waiting on his book deal.

Casey's story caught the media's attention from the beginning. IMO, after she took the police on the trip through imaginary locations in Orlando we all wanted to see what she would say next - a real life psychological thriller played out on the television every night.

I live in Montana and the Many Horses case was horrible, but not so 'what happens next' crazy. Substance abuse on the reservations is horrible. Sadly, we have children in horrendous situations - freezing, starving, abused - because of addiction. Most of the time someone steps in before a child ends up dead, but this mother was on the move along another child. James should not have been returned to his mother in the first place; he is in a better place, horrible as that sounds.

Oh, KC 'talked' quite a bit early on, problem is, it was mostly LIES.

LOL...apparently she's "cracked" to JB, as he continues to promise us we will hear her "compelling story"...........he must be waiting on his book deal.

You're so right about that.
I should have said, "She talked constantly but never said anything. Just like Cindy."

I believe if NG had picked up the Montana case that would have become the main horror for the week. However, Caylee's case continued because of the Anthony's way of dealing with things.

My opinion only

LOL....I think your giving KC's *looks* way too much credit.....to me she looks about average.

Major interest in this case came from the fact Caylee was not reported missing for 31 days (our own headline here @ WS says "a month").

Add to it the release of CA last 911 call, & the next days news that ALL of the people/places KC took LE to turned out to be LIES.....

I agree ~ Way too much credit is given to Casey's looks.
At best, she is just average to me.

Also agree with the reasons you gave for this case gaining so much notortiety.

I agree with you but I have to say another thing is the release of so much information...calls, video tapes of interviews.....I've never had such access to what I normally would think as "priviledged information" (police, investigators, lawyers, etc).....and here I am with all this info readily, eagerly made available ... I didn't know about the sunshine law but I for one have been amazed and overwhelmed with info made available for the public.
I feel like I am right in the midst of things and a part of the investigative team (in a backwards sort of way) LOL
:blowkiss:

kc is just 1 of many women that throw their kids away...............many books are written about these monsters and all are liars. Sorry I feel kc is just average looking......her haircuts, makeup, petite size and sexy clothes is what made her look good in photos. Like to see what she looks like now...........old hag???
She does NOT deserve a break.................IMO

I don't know about the similarities although it is so strange that these two kids so close in age went "missing" at the same age...

I do know that in my travels/stomps/searches around Orlando that if I ever need to hide a body - I have a lot of places and ideas!!!!

I agree with you but I have to say another thing is the release of so much information...calls, video tapes of interviews.....I've never had such access to what I normally would think as "priviledged information" (police, investigators, lawyers, etc).....and here I am with all this info readily, eagerly made available ... I didn't know about the sunshine law but I for one have been amazed and overwhelmed with info made available for the public.
I feel like I am right in the midst of things and a part of the investigative team (in a backwards sort of way) LOL
:blowkiss:

I agree with this. It's very exciting to be so closely involved in it all.

I just remembered that Diane Downs was up for parole this month--
Here's a video from her hearing-- I think it provides a glimpse into what Casey will probably sound like in 30+ years:
http://www.kptv.com/video/18238569/index.html

Diane has morphed the "bushy haired stranger" theory into a curious conspiracy theory involving a book and jade smuggling...

Also-- in reading coverage of Downs' hearing, I noted that Downs' record is filled with disciplinary infractions related to her refusal to work while incarcerated or to seek adequate vocational training.
Inmate productivity and skills training are, of course, quite important during parole hearings. Downs, however, argues that her numerous ESCAPE ATTEMPTS should be viewed as proof that she would be a good member of society upon release, because she clearly really wants to be there. :confused::confused::confused:

"Downs continues to fail to demonstrate any honest insight into her criminal behavior," wrote Lane County District Attorney F. Douglass Harcleroad. "She continues to blame others for the commission of her crimes, and blames her attorney, the police officers, the prosecutor and others for her convictions. Even after her convictions, she continues to fabricate new versions of events under which the crimes occurred."

Source: http://www.kval.com/news/local/35832134.html

The above story provides great coverage and more video clips of the hearing.

Paula Sims is another one. She claimed kidnapper and burried her first outside her Brighton home. Then their second girl she threw away in a garbage can across the river in MO.

Here's a video from her hearing-- I think it provides a glimpse into what Casey will probably sound like in 30+ years:

Diane has morphed the "bushy haired stranger" theory into a curious conspiracy theory involving a book and jade smuggling...

Also-- in reading coverage of Downs' hearing, I noted that Downs' record is filled with disciplinary infractions related to her refusal to work while incarcerated or to seek adequate vocational training.
Inmate productivity and skills training are, of course, quite important during parole hearings. Downs, however, argues that her numerous ESCAPE ATTEMPTS should be viewed as proof that she would be a good member of society upon release, because she clearly really wants to be there. :confused::confused::confused:

"Downs continues to fail to demonstrate any honest insight into her criminal behavior," wrote Lane County District Attorney F. Douglass Harcleroad. "She continues to blame others for the commission of her crimes, and blames her attorney, the police officers, the prosecutor and others for her convictions. Even after her convictions, she continues to fabricate new versions of events under which the crimes occurred."

Thanks for the update, I forgot all about good old Diane who looks a little long in the tooth now! After watching her parole video I noticed she's added to her "story", and it morphed into international politics (good grief). No more tossing the keys or car jacking; it is now a plot!

Every time I read about KC's shamrock tat it reminds me of Down's and her unicorn memorial. Down's also found it very easy to fall into relationships with guys. Down's had her bushy haired stranger who killed 2 of her children while KC has her "zannie". Different generation, same song and dance; I agree, KC will be singing the same tune in 30 years from now; and Zannie will morph into a terriorist spy.

Nancy, I always love reading your posts, spot on.
I've also said KC/Diane have quite a bit in common IMHO.

Also, I posted yesterday in another thread, but there are only two other cases I know of with local ties that the child was not reported missing for an extended length of time. Rilya Wilson and Riley Ann Sawyers. Both young girls were about Caylee's age too, sadly. In Rilya's case, her mother had lost custody and her foster parent who was a grandmother figure was raising her. Family Services was involved and gm tried to say that an FCS caseworker had taken the girl, which was later found not to be true. In Riley's case her mom had up and moved to Texas with her for some guy she met on the internet, and only after Riley's body was found did authorities realize she had been missing. Mom had told relatives back here in Ohio all kinds of stories about where she was too.

It's why I have trouble buying into the accident theory. The behavior is just not consistent with an accident IMHO.

Casey's story caught the media's attention from the beginning. IMO, after she took the police on the trip through imaginary locations in Orlando we all wanted to see what she would say next - a real life psychological thriller played out on the television every night.

I live in Montana and the Many Horses case was horrible, but not so 'what happens next' crazy. Substance abuse on the reservations is horrible. Sadly, we have children in horrendous situations - freezing, starving, abused - because of addiction. Most of the time someone steps in before a child ends up dead, but this mother was on the move along another child. James should not have been returned to his mother in the first place; he is in a better place, horrible as that sounds.

I've never even heard of this case! Is it being discussed in another forum? I looked and couldn't find it.

Diane Downs shot her children not far from where I live. Coverage of her parole hearing was widespread here recently, even more so than Caylee.

After reading Ann Rule's book "Small Sacrifices" many years ago, I couldn't sleep at night. When I first heard of this case, and even more so after hearing the first call KC made to her family from jail, I said "KC will never confess. She is another Diane Downs".

If anyone thinks that only one person was ever cut from the same mold as KC, I suggest you read "Small Sacrifices". I've often seen copies of it at thrift stores, if you can't find a copy at your local book store.

New case, in Florida, with a lying mommy and a nanny supposedly abducting the baby.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1141321&srvc=news&position=recent

"The parents of Riley Archer Buchness, who has a fake tattoo of an anchor on his arm and a blond mohawk, told police that they last saw the boy on Tuesday with his nanny, but now police appear to be questioning that story."

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/southflorida/story/826570.html

"Police said they had only a vague description of the nanny."

"The boy's parents said they did not know Camille's last name."

So, guess what? There was NO BABY!
http://cbs4.com/video/?id=68059@wfor.dayport.com

Oh KC! I wonder how many lying mommies will be inspired to create a nonexistent nanny? Will we be referring to these cases as "KC cases"?

Melinda said she worked 2 jobs. Melinda did not have a job when Trenton disappeared.
Casey said she worked at Universal. Casey did not have a job when Caylee disappeared.

Melinda was hanging out with a new group of friends.
Casey was hanging out with a new group of friends per George.

Melinda's friend called 911 to report Trenton missing.
Casey's mother called 911 to report Caylee missing.

When Melinda did get on the phone with 911, she knew "who frickin did it" and blamed Josh.
When Casey got on the phone, she knew who did it. She blamed the Zanny the Nanny.

Melinda blamed the media for taking the focus off of Trenton.
Casey's parents blamed the media for taking the focus off of Caylee.

Melinda "feigned cooperation" with LE.
Casey lied to LE.

Melinda's family and friends said Melinda would never hurt Trenton.
Casey's family and friends said Casey would never hurt Caylee.

Melinda dated a cop.
Casey dated a cop.

jmo
:clap:

Let's not forget. Melinda wanted to get even with her ex.
Casey wanted to get even and be a spiteful Btch to her mother.

There is some truth in Melinda's lies, just Casey's truth when she said Caylee is close.

Although in her suicide notes, Melinda pretends Trenton is alive, there are hints to her grandparents in the note to them that Trenton is gone. Just before killing herself,she says "soon they will all be together". She also leaves money in her car for her grandparents and does not ask them to keep it for Trenton. Nor does she ask her grandparents to look out for Trenton, should he be found.

Unlike Casey, I think Melinda initially planned to kill herself along with Trenton. I believe Josh was telling the truth when he said Melinda had threatened suicide before. IMO, the way Melinda chose to die shows that Melinda hated who she was. Her suicide notes and blogs are full of apologies and regrets for previous behavior.

I don't know if Melinda could have been helped if she had had access to better treatment or not. I do think she had something going on besides a personality disorder. To me, she is more of a mixed bag than Casey.

I don't think Melinda killed Trenton to get him out of the way. I think she may have done it so she wouldn't lose him again. She may have planned to kill herself along with Trenton originally. She may have rationalized killing Trenton by telling herself Trenton's father was unworthy and that she and Trenton should always be "together".

Casey, IMO, is a pure sociopath. What she wanted she was going to get. She killed her daughter because her daughter had become a pain. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak