DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What year was that pickup?

Is this the same source that claimed the grandmother lied about seeing the

wounds and then we find out through the autopsy that she was pretty accurate

so MUST have seen them? .... :rolleyes:

I have never understood WHY they tried to make the grandmother seem like a lier...when she wasn't?

I always believed she saw what she said she saw. Now the autopsy proves she was telling the truth.

This is one more thing that causes me to question what's going on behind the scenes in this case. imo.

Tulsaworld.com, has a news article about how many man hours they have put in towards this case. It is listed under their "local" news.
The investigation is one of the most intensive in the agency's history.

OKLAHOMA CITY — The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation has so far spent more than 10,000 man hours investigating the June slayings of two young girls near Weleetka.

And those hours, according to OSBI spokeswoman Jessica Brown, don't include the untiring efforts of federal agents, sheriff's deputies and the Oklahoma Highway Patrol working the case.

Given the hundreds of leads tracked and scores of people questioned in the Weleetka murders, Brown said this case is among the most intensive investigations ever handled by the OSBI.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectID=11&articleID=20080810_11_A25_hThein593175

Thanks so much for the Link SeriouslySearching
I put a copy of your post in Media thread

Also, Brown noted, that of those questioned, dozens of polygraph tests have been administered to clear them of any complicity in the killings.

Brown said dozens of DNA samples were collected from those questioned — far more than the number of lie-detector tests that were given.

With that statement I believe yes they did recover DNA That was not the girls or immediate Family.

If the guy who recently posted on Topix is believable (and I personally think he is), the OSBI has sent letters to certain folks telling them to bring their guns to the Okfuskee County Sheriff's Office on Aug 16 & 17 (next Sat & Sun) to have them tested.

I wonder if the list is based only on purchase records from gun shops/dealers/etc. in the surrounding area, those who have a concealed weapon license, or both?

The application (link below) asks if the weapon is a Derringer, Revolver, Semi-Automatic. If you go to a gun shop, etc. do they just ask to see your license before selling to you? Anyone know how this works?

And can we assume this testing includes LE?

OSBI Concealed Weapon License Application:
http://www.ok.gov/osbi/documents/sda%20application%20WEB.pdf
I just got my concealed weapon license in a border state to Oklahoma. I can carry my weapon in Oklahoma with my license because it is a reciprical state.
The course for the concealed weapon license includes classroom work and field work (shooting the gun at a target). If you use a revolver for the course then you are only licensed to carry a revolver. If you use a semi-automatic weapon when you get the license then you can carry either a semi-automatic or a revolver. I chose to use my semi-automatic because of this.
My husband bought my semi-automatic at a gun show and came home with it the same day. He was only there an hour or so...they asked to see his license and he said his background check didn't take too long (as in minutes).
He just told me they run background checks when you purchase a brand new gun. He is not sure if they run them when you purchase a used gun. Ex. We recently won a hunting rifle with a raffle ticket and gave it to my son. There was no background check run for this rifle on either of us.
BTW: Our background checks for the concealed weapon license took a long time...as in 1-2 months...because you have to send in your fingerprints which are checked through a data base.

I just asked hubby about other guns he has purchased (big hunter). He has purchased from Bass Pro Shop and from another sport shop within last year or so. They both ran a quick background check using his driver's license and SS. He also had to fill out a questionaire. It didn't take too long at either place (I was with him at Bass Pro.) My son also purchased a rifle from Wal-Mart who did the same to him. (They told him they were going to stop selling guns.)
Hubby said that some Gun Shows in the past didn't require a background check and that is why some unlawful people liked them. It sounds like they do run the checks now.
BTW: On the hunting rifle we won through the raffle we were suppose to type/write a statement saying we won the gun, give our SS # and give it to the person who purchased the rifle for the raffle. I just realized we never did that...guess I'll do it today!
With all the background checks run nowadays...I guess we know why criminals steal guns!

Wow That is amazing. In Fla we have a 3 day waitng period if you are not a holder of a CWP.. for firearm purchase. It took us about 90 days to get get our CWP.

Ok is also a state in which we can carry however this is the law we must follow if in Oklahoma.
(1) While Florida's law allows licensees to carry stun guns, knives, and billy clubs in a concealed fashion, the laws in these states allow for concealed carry of handguns or pistols ONLY, NOT WEAPONS IN GENERAL. Florida license holders are prohibited from carrying other types of weapons while in these states.

Wow That is amazing. In Fla we have a 3 day waitng period if you are not a holder of a CWP.. for firearm purchase. It took us about 90 days to get get our CWP.

Ok is also a state in which we can carry however this is the law we must follow if in Oklahoma.
(1) While Florida's law allows licensees to carry stun guns, knives, and billy clubs in a concealed fashion, the laws in these states allow for concealed carry of handguns or pistols ONLY, NOT WEAPONS IN GENERAL. Florida license holders are prohibited from carrying other types of weapons while in these states.
It took my husband about 2-3 months to get his concealed weapon. It took me a lot longer because of my fingerprints. (Being an educator for 28 yrs and handling so much paperwork has worn down the ridges on my fingertips. My prints got rejected 3 times when got a teaching license in a new state. I am sure that is why my concealed weapon took a while too.)
Yes, our concealed weapon is reciprocal in about 30 states but I am sure we must follow their state guidelines also.

Here is my theory on the Claudia situation.

Claudia was telling the truth. Claudia wasn't playing LE's game. Efforts were made to shut Claudia up and efforts were also made to discredit Claudia.

That latest article in the Tulsa paper looks like nothing more than a LE plant to me.

I understand needing to keep some things quiet in an investigation but this case appears to be one where information needs to be given to the public so the public can give information in return.

Why go to all the trouble of a restraining order when a statement could be issued that says she does not speak for us? Why not let the statement stand? Why back it up with a restraining order on the deceased child's grandmother. That sounds ugly on the part of the mother toward the grandmother. It's like this grandmother is being excluded from her own grandchild. First she isn't allowed closer to the scene, and second she gets a restraining order that she can't speak. That's no way to treat the grandmother of the child.

Probably because Claudia Farrow didn't raise Rose and her sister. They were either taken from her or she gave up custody to her sister, who raised them. Mr Farrow is NOT Rose's Father either, Claudia married him and moved to Weleetka after she lost custody of her daughters. The people in Weleetka didn't even know Claudia HAD a daughter until Rose and her husband moved to Weleetka 3 years ago. The relationship has been, and still is somewhat "strained" and the Farrows were not as close to Skyla as they insinuated they were...when Claudia was being interviewed all the time Rose's words were, "she barely knows my daughter".

Obviously Rose is a very private person, she is not appearing AT ALL on TV or being interviewed in the media (she says her husband is speaking for the family when necessary) and friends say she is having a very difficult time after losing Skyla this way. She is not (understandably) real close to Claudia and Jimmy Farrow and probably feels somewhat isolated and even paranoid in her grief. The Plackers have moved, but the Whitakers are staying. I think that's one of the reasons she has decided to go to work at Skyla's school - plus I believe her younger daughter starts school there this year.

Like most families, this one isn't perfect - Claudia is Skyla's GMa, but that doesn't mean she is particlarly "close" to any of the family. And I hasten to add that Claudia was at the scene and could easily have been there during the initial interviews and also could have been told what Skyla's injuries were by several people. I just do not believe CSI/LE would allow Claudia near the body - this is most obviously a homicide, they obviously hoped to have some DNA and other evidence on the bodies and would not want it touched or contaminated by a bunch of people leaning over or touching the body. Claudia said Skyla was shot execution style under the chin - she was actually shot in the neck where it met the chest and in the side of her jaw - neither of those is an execution type shot under the chin - it sounds to me like Claudia was relating what she had been told by Peter Placker, who did see the bodies, albeit when he was very upset.To Peter it might have LOOKED like both girls were shot execution style, it was a very bloody and ugly scene Peter walked up on - so SHOCKING!

Again, it doesn't matter and if people in Weleetka feel Claudia exaggerates and embellishes - that is their opinion and they have their reasons for believing it. THEIR OPINIONS, just like ours here.

And that's MY OPINION

This is far from attacking the families again. I don't think anyone has ever done that. Most 13 yos don't have permanent tatoos. Matter of fact I've never seen one that does. And I've seen all kinds. We just want justice for these girls and trying to figure out who and WHY someone would have done this. When you have a family that has so many members of it in jail/prison or out of jail/prison as Taylor's family does....it's easy to start looking in that direction.

Oh, I knew this would happen, attacking the familes again. Judging, Judging...I won't be back to this forum, you people have no feelings, just pointing fingers.Bye, and when one of your family members are murdered, the same might come back to you.

I'm sorry but if I were the killer I'd be all over jumping up and having my gun tested so I could go to prison for the rest of my life. Heck no.

However, this does make me wonder if they don't suspect someone young or the fact that someone may have used dads/relatives guns and returned them and dad/relative has no idea they were moved or used. But then they would have to clean them up. I don't know. But if the gun testing statement is true...then it also leads me back to thinking that OSBI doesn't have a concrete clue. Which is scary. They may have suspicions.

Someone posted this at T today.

"The OSBI mailed out letters to have people bring in their weapons and have them tested .... They will be doing this on the 16 and 17 of august !!! at the okfuskee county sheriff's department."

Has anyone else heard this?

We already knew it was one of the 4 kids who was Taylor's parent - obviously it was one of the two Paschals - likely Jennifer - since she carried the Paschal name and so did Taylor.

Jennifer is not closely linked to the family - she doesn't show up in ANY of the family records online so likely she is Taylor's bio-mother who gave her up at birth. - Taylor was 13, that means Jennifer would have been 18-20 when Taylor was born.
For whatever reason Jennifer wasn't with the father and either was unable to care for Taylor or maybe just wanted her parents to raise Taylor and surrendered full permanent legal custody to them.

The family obviously doesn't want to discuss Taylor's bio Mom/Dad - perhaps the situation was a bad one?

Regardless the family has ALWAYS referred to Taylor as Paschal-Placker - even if her legal name was Paschal.

My Opinion

Flower...I generally agree with most your posts, BUT I have a different of opinion here, you say,
"We already knew it was one of the 4 kids who was Taylor's parent - obviously it was one of the two Paschals - likely Jennifer - since she carried the Paschal name and so did Taylor.".....

I do not think we can POSITIVELY say WHO Taylor's BIO parents are, unless a DNA test is done, without a birth certificate.

Can anyone prove where Taylor can from or when?
Why no baby pictures,
why was she home schooled,
why did she have NO friends until public school?
why was she sheltered to the point of hiding her?
what were 'they' hiding Taylor from?

IF Taylor was Jennifer's daughter, what's the BIG secret?
I do agree Taylor looked like the Paschal side of the family.

Could the 'secret' be connected with this murder OR the Bio Father?....jmo

I'm sorry but if I were the killer I'd be all over jumping up and having my gun tested so I could go to prison for the rest of my life. Heck no.

However, this does make me wonder if they don't suspect someone young or the fact that someone may have used dads/relatives guns and returned them and dad/relative has no idea they were moved or used. But then they would have to clean them up. I don't know. But if the gun testing statement is true...then it also leads me back to thinking that OSBI doesn't have a concrete clue. Which is scary. They may have suspicions.

If this testing does turn out to be true, will be interesting to see who shows up and just as interesting, who doesn't show up. And any knowledge they get from conversations from those who do show up in addition to test results.

I was thinking too, perhaps they have theories, suspicions, pieces, but not enough to pull together and make an arrest and a case just yet.

I've been reading the posts for weeks and finally I decided to post something after reading the autopsy reports. Like many of you my thoughts have been back and forth on what kind of person or persons did this horrible crime. <snipped>

DLT - good post!

Flower...I generally agree with most your posts, BUT I have a different of opinion here, you say,
"We already knew it was one of the 4 kids who was Taylor's parent - obviously it was one of the two Paschals - likely Jennifer - since she carried the Paschal name and so did Taylor.".....

I do not think we can POSITIVELY say WHO Taylor's BIO parents are, unless a DNA test is done, without a birth certificate.

Can anyone prove where Taylor can from or when?
Why no baby pictures,
why was she home schooled,
why did she have NO friends until public school?
why was she sheltered to the point of hiding her?
what were 'they' hiding Taylor from?

IF Taylor was Jennifer's daughter, what's the BIG secret?
I do agree Taylor looked like the Paschal side of the family.

Could the 'secret' be connected with this murder OR the Bio Father?....jmo
The one thing we DO know is that ONE of Taylor's parents is one of Peter and Vicky's 4 children - The Plackers were Taylor's bio Grandparents and that has been stated over and over. The logical answer is Jennifer because of her age (31) and her being somewhat "apart" from the family - there is very little linking her to the family found online. If it was one of the others, Taylor (b 4-6-95) had a very young mom or dad - Linda is 27, Jessie 26, Christopher 25 - making them at most 14, 13 and 12 when Taylor was born. Plus Jennifer and Jessie are the two who use the Paschal last name. Linda and Christopher use Placker. From the autopsy we know Taylor's LEGAL name was Paschal.

I agree it is odd that Taylor was so "hidden" for so long.
My Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member